Are Atheists Good People?

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#1182 May 8, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not, because there not the first, the Church of Christ is. The date of the Church of Christ was established in 33 AD. Their is no mention of a catholic church in the bible, but there is a church called the Church of Christ being established in 33 AD. The catholic church has absolutely nothing to do with the bible as far as doing God's will as they don't even come close to doing as the bible says. In 2 Timothy 4:10, 11. Paul says only Luke was with him. Peter never was in the city of Rome. The whole organizational structure of the Church of Rome is built on false tradition and tragic misinterpretation of our Lord's words. It is built on tradition that is just not true.
Either the statements presented in the Bible are true, OR the contrary traditions are true. The traditions however have obvious errors thouroughly embeded in them and are clearly unreliable. One or the other has to be false. The Bible is the revelation from God and it proves itself to be what it claims to be. It is true. Peter never was in the city of Rome.
CoC is a old name on a new lie.
It's claim is as fallacious as any other "one true church".
The catholic church is not only the oldest church in existence.
It's also one of the oldest institutions in existence.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#1183 May 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> CoC is a old name on a new lie.
It's claim is as fallacious as any other "one true church".
The catholic church is not only the oldest church in existence.
It's also one of the oldest institutions in existence.
What does the bible say when the first church was established, give me book, chapter and verse. What does the bible say on how to worship, give me book, chapter and verse. What did Peter say when asked by the people what must they do to be saved, again book, chapter and verse please. Does the bible mention Peter in Rome? Does the bible mention anything about a pope? The bible and only the bible is what man is to go by, nothing else.
Nobody

Irving, TX

#1184 May 9, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
I have some shocking revelations for you;
1. Politicians tell people what they want to hear. If atheism were more popular, POTUS would be atheist.
2. Paul/Saul of Tarsus wrote most of the NT and it is even likely he and his buddies made up the whole Christ story.
3. All protestant branches of Christianity began circa 1535 with Martin Luther and not a second before then.
4. All Christian Churches are false churches and you can't prove otherwise.
And you can't prove nothing either. All you can prove is other peoples opinions.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#1185 May 9, 2013
<quoted text> I'm unsure of what you're wanting me to get out of 1 Corinthians 2:14, please explain a little more in detail. The proof is there, but man has decided what and how he wants t worship God, so that is why the 38,000 false religions. As far as Paul making this all up just to be impailed upside down is ridiculous, not to forget all the others who were killed for their belieing in God. Ooogah all I can do is what I'm doing, reply with the answers I know to be true, whether you disagree or not.
How did the apostles (and Paul) die? Unfortunately, we have nothing but the same conflicting and uncorroborated "traditions" as make up the contradictory "gospels." You say Paul was crucified upside down? Ok, there's enough legend out there to satisfy any predilection so you're free to choose that. Then there's the one that says he made it to Spain. But the standard answer is he was beheaded, and that, again, only from legend. The Bible itself is silent on the subject - actually a critical reading of the Bible sounds like he lived a reasonably comfortable existence while in Rome - residing in a home (as opposed to the notorious Roman dungeons), writing at his leisure, receiving guests - then the Bible goes curiously silent. Our best "source" tells us nothing - we are left with apocrypha and legend. Good enough for a Christian apologist, I suppose, but not even close to an historical proof.

Point being, we have no idea how the apostles died. As for the poor saps who did in fact die in the localized and infrequent persecutions - as OB said, it had nothing to do with them clinging to their beliefs. Recanting would have availed them nothing - their deaths served a political purpose. Hardly a martyrdom on the same order as, say, the persecution inflicted by the Christian Inquisition on Jews.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#1186 May 9, 2013
<quoted text> What does the bible say when the first church was established, give me book, chapter and verse. What does the bible say on how to worship, give me book, chapter and verse. What did Peter say when asked by the people what must they do to be saved, again book, chapter and verse please. Does the bible mention Peter in Rome? Does the bible mention anything about a pope? The bible and only the bible is what man is to go by, nothing else.
Using the bible to prove the bible is the equivalent of,
using my own testimony to defend myself against accusation.
In short the saying goes,
"A lawyer who represents himself has a fool for a client."

Location hidden

#1187 May 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Using the bible to prove the bible is the equivalent of,
using my own testimony to defend myself against accusation.
In short the saying goes,
"A lawyer who represents himself has a fool for a client."
The bible is self proving. No other book is needed.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#1188 May 9, 2013
<quoted text> The bible is self proving. No other book is needed.
or self-disproving, as the case may be, depending entirely on whether the reader seeks spiritual faith or factual truth.

Peace in the light of knowledge and truth.
HipG

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#1189 May 9, 2013
It's a good thing that you don't do complex tasks, or think very much.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1190 May 9, 2013
The defining the word "fundietard"

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#1191 May 9, 2013
<quoted text> What is it with you and the Roman Catholic Church. The Roman Catholic Church is a false religion.The bible speaks nothing of the catholic church, because the catholic church has nothing to do with the bible, nothing. The catholic church doesn't do anything the bible says, absoluely nothing. Every Catholic is taught and believes that the apostle Peter was the first Roman bishop—the first “Pope”—and that he resided at Rome. If this were true, God’s Word would state it. But, in fact, the Bible directly confirms the opposite. History seems to attest, however, and it is quite possible, that Peter was crucified in Rome. This said, here are a series of ten proofs, with scriptural support, demonstrating that Peter never resided at Rome:
(1) Rome is in Italy. This means that Gentile Italians live there. The apostle Paul was ordained to be the apostle to the Gentiles, not Peter. Paul wrote this to the Gentile Romans:“That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable…”(15:16). He also described himself to the Galatians as having the gospel of the “uncircumcision”— the Gentiles—committed to him (2:7).
(2) The Emperor Claudius had banished all Jews from Rome in AD 50. Acts 8:1 describes the “great persecution against the Church” and that “they were all scattered abroad” as a result.
(3) Peter wrote his first general epistle from the city of “Babylon”(5:13). Many have assumed that this is Rome, when it is actually the Babylon of Mesopotamia. It is interesting to note that historians generally confuse—switch—scriptural references to Babylon by applying those that do apply to Rome as though they apply to Babylon, and vice-versa—in other words, those that do not apply to Rome are assigned Roman designation.
(4) Paul told the Romans,“Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man’s foundation”(15:20). Paul’s assertion would make no sense had Peter been resident at Rome, having established this congregation.
The Catholics were the ones that created the first biblical canon as commissioned by Roman Emperor Constantine at the First Council of Nicaea in 325 AD. The Biblical Canon was formed by selections from the Talmud and related writings for the OT and from other early Christian Writings via a voting process http://www.earlychristianwritings.com

It is worth noting that none of these early christian writings were written until a full generation after the supposed "Christ events" and Paul who never even met Christ was the first to write a book of the NT.

There were no "Protestants" until circa 1520 with Martin Luther's theological revolt.

Get an education on the real history of the formation of your own religion, then you won't sound so stupid.

Location hidden

#1192 May 9, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholics were the ones that created the first biblical canon as commissioned by Roman Emperor Constantine at the First Council of Nicaea in 325 AD. The Biblical Canon was formed by selections from the Talmud and related writings for the OT and from other early Christian Writings via a voting process http://www.earlychristianwritings.com
It is worth noting that none of these early christian writings were written until a full generation after the supposed "Christ events" and Paul who never even met Christ was the first to write a book of the NT.
There were no "Protestants" until circa 1520 with Martin Luther's theological revolt.
Get an education on the real history of the formation of your own religion, then you won't sound so stupid.
Let's try this since you seem to not get the info right. What does the bible say whe the church was established, book, chapter,and verse. We'll take just one little question at a time. If you can't do this then your beyond hope, sadly. You said christians before in your post, and now your trying to save face by saying protestant. Just answer this ne question and we'll move on to the second question.

#1193 May 9, 2013
<quoted text> Let's try this since you seem to not get the info right. What does the bible say whe the church was established, book, chapter,and verse. We'll take just one little question at a time. If you can't do this then your beyond hope, sadly. You said christians before in your post, and now your trying to save face by saying protestant. Just answer this ne question and we'll move on to the second question.
The "Bable" is not a historical document, dummy. It provides no verifiable evidence this Christ guy ever did exist. There is a strong probability that Paul/Saul and his buddies made the whole thing up as a way to "satisfy" a prophecy thereby gaining credibility for their fables and gathering political power.

Protestants are a subset of Christians. Catholics are Christians and so are Protestants .. deal with it!! And there still were no Protestant Christians prior to 1520. You need to deal with that too!

“Nature--The Only God We Need”

Since: May 13

Christianity :TheGreatest Evil

#1194 May 9, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Bable" is not a historical document, dummy. It provides no verifiable evidence this Christ guy ever did exist. There is a strong probability that Paul/Saul and his buddies made the whole thing up as a way to "satisfy" a prophecy thereby gaining credibility for their fables and gathering political power.
Protestants are a subset of Christians. Catholics are Christians and so are Protestants .. deal with it!! And there still were no Protestant Christians prior to 1520. You need to deal with that too!
Yo, Ooogah! It's Kaitlin. I had to get a new ID thanks to the fundies.

How ya been?

#1195 May 9, 2013
Diana La Strega Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo, Ooogah! It's Kaitlin. I had to get a new ID thanks to the fundies.
How ya been?
Hi Kaitlin!

I'm still better than nothing ... so they keep telling me.

How's youse?
Doctor REALITY

Cabot, AR

#1196 May 9, 2013
Atheists are children of the devil.

#1197 May 9, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Kaitlin!
How's youse?
I'm still staggerin' along.

#1198 May 9, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Atheists are children of the devil.
Radical christians like you are children of hate.

#1199 May 9, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Kaitlin!
How's youse?
Swing on by "Why I'm No Longer A Christian" some time. There's this meth-addled, gray-boxing loser over there who calls himself "Gut Stomper" who seems to have gotten lost with his sandwich board on his way to his favorite street corner.

He thinks everyone's a sock but him.

Location hidden

#1200 May 9, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Why wont you answer the queation put forth to you Ooogah. It's not a matter if you believe or not , the question still has an answer, again, when was the church established that is spoken of in the new testament. Catholics are not christians. Can you show me anything relating to a catholic church in the bible, NO YOU CAN'T. Can you show me any proof of a pope from the bible, NO YOU CAN'T. Can you show me where Peter was in Rome, NO YOU CAN'T. Lay off the ignorant books you buy at the bookstore the bible is your only source. 2 Timothy 3:16

Viewing the King James Version. Click to switch to 1611 King James Version of 2 Timothy 3:16.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: Stop trying to prove spiritual faith and knowledge with your secular reasoning, answers of faith come from the bible only. The catholic church didn't write anything that's in the bible. So ridiculous for you to say Paul and his buddies made all of it up, but yet you didn't get any of this info from the bible, that's totally nuts. Stop reading things from authors who have no knowledge of the bible.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1201 May 10, 2013
<quoted text> Why wont you answer the queation put forth to you Ooogah. It's not a matter if you believe or not , the question still has an answer, again, when was the church established that is spoken of in the new testament. Catholics are not christians. Can you show me anything relating to a catholic church in the bible, NO YOU CAN'T. Can you show me any proof of a pope from the bible, NO YOU CAN'T. Can you show me where Peter was in Rome, NO YOU CAN'T. Lay off the ignorant books you buy at the bookstore the bible is your only source. 2 Timothy 3:16
Viewing the King James Version. Click to switch to 1611 King James Version of 2 Timothy 3:16.
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: Stop trying to prove spiritual faith and knowledge with your secular reasoning, answers of faith come from the bible only. The catholic church didn't write anything that's in the bible. So ridiculous for you to say Paul and his buddies made all of it up, but yet you didn't get any of this info from the bible, that's totally nuts. Stop reading things from authors who have no knowledge of the bible.
You Christians can't even agree which of you are really Christians?

LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Buck Crick 100,718
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min New Age Spiritual... 670,397
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Joe Fortuna 980,184
No Walls! Don't fence Me In! 23 min Tony 30
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 30 min Tony 6,148
the telomere 1 hr Kimberly2017 3
secret weapon contributing to global chaos...pa... 1 hr Kimberly2017 6
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) Wed Pegasus 286,455
More from around the web