Are Atheists Good People?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#1058 Apr 30, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Let's see.
Everybody is damned except you, you don't like even guitars (on the strange grounds that instruments aren't mentioned in the Bible. Neither are cats, BTW.) And you're dunkers, not dippers.
Founded in the 1860s, but makes wild claims to be the only True Church. Just like all the others.
I think that covers it.
Personally I like all instruments, but it isn't about me it's about what God commands, you know like your boss demands certain things from you, or you could get fired, right. Wild claims that you can't refute at all, so why say it. You read Acts 2 and tell me what it says on how to become a christian and how to worship God and then get back to me. People put demands on other in many different ways and reason, no different than what God does.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#1059 Apr 30, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
Many atheists have been converted from this lack of willingness to believe in God, so their is hope for all on this forum.
Bull Crap!!! There are far more fraudulent Christians who claim to be former atheists to garner attention from their fellow godbots.

Christians lie a lot! Why do Christians lie so much? Who would want a religion based on lies?

#1060 Apr 30, 2013
<quoted text> You have a brain, what more do you want, but it only becomes a great mind over time if you put it to work, so your wanna be robot analogy goes by the wayside. Maybe you should tell someone who has a degree from college your lane reasoning, I'll bet you wont have a friendly following, most likely the opposite would occur, so hiding would be an option for you.
Actually, there is an established inverse relationship between education and intelligence verses religion. It seems the dumber and less educated you are, the more likely you are to be religious.

Location hidden

#1061 Apr 30, 2013
<quoted text> Here's the problem we have, it never tells us to use musical instruments, not even once in the new testament, but it does tell us to use our voices, Ephesians 5;19,19 singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves, and making music to the Lord in your hearts. 20 And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Colossians 3;16 16 Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. Not one time when the Lord;s supper was being served did they ever use instrunents, Matthew 26-29, 26 As they were eating, Jesus took some bread and blessed it. Then he broke it in pieces and gave it to the disciples, saying,“Take this and eat it, for this is my body.”
27 And he took a cup of wine and gave thanks to God for it. He gave it to them and said,“Each of you drink from it, 28 for this is my blood, which confirms the covenant[e] between God and his people. It is poured out as a sacrifice to forgive the sins of many. 29 Mark my words—I will not drink wine again until the day I drink it new with you in my Father’s Kingdom.”
30 Then they sang a hymn and went out to the Mount of Olives.
Your thinking is what has caused all the different denominations. We are commanded to do God's will, not man's will. Show me just one instance where it says to use instruments or where they did anywhere in the new testament, I'll be waiting.
How many things do you do daily that is not mentioned anywhere in the Bible? Do you drive a car? Do you watch tv? Do you use a computer? I guess that answer is obvious. I used to milk cows, up to about 45 cows twice a day, using mechanical machines operated by electricity, but does God say anywhere in the Bible I should do that?

Without going on longer, I bet you have done thousands of things which you could just as easily claim is wrong because God doesn't mention it in the Bible.

If the Bible says that they sang hymns, it didn't state that no one played an instrument, though I highly suspect back 2000 years ago that people having supper together would not likely have a lot of access to musical instruments, and the supply of musical instruments would not have been that great, nor would a bunch of itinerant preachers have been likely to be transporting musical instruments around the countryside with them, and especially taking them when they went to eat.

Sorry, but that particular belief of your denomination has been one that I have never accepted even when I was a believer, and it still has no sense to it, other than if you prefer to sing unaccompanied. I usually sing unaccompanied because I don't play any musical instruments well, and I usually sing when I am alone.

But when I sang in a church we always had musical accompaniment, except that one time we young kids attended a Church of Christ church service.

I will state that the time that their minister and some of the kids came back to our church, though, they sat through the hymn singing and refused to sing, because an organ was being played.

Location hidden

#1062 Apr 30, 2013
<quoted text> Absolutely, as you must worship according to God. I'll tell you what if you can find another church that uses no instruments because God has authorized singing only, take the Lord's supper every Sunday, believe as the bible clearly says that baptism is essential unto salvation, then I'll glady change where I go to church. All you have to do is just read Acts Chapter2 and 3 and you will see what God commands, their cannot be but one way, as Jesus said I will build my church, that being singular and referring to one way to worship, Man is the cause of why there's so many different ways, not God. Why in the world would he want all these churches, he wouldn't. I encourage you to test the Church of Christ for worshipping in spirit and in truth. It's so easy to see every other religion to be false., One faith, one God, one baptism, one church. Yes this world has a lot of souls lost and simply because of bible ignorance. If you will sit back and think a minute on how many people actually read and study the bible, how many just believe the good preachers word, how many people go where their friends or family go, how many believe what they hear on tv, and how many make up there own church, then you can clearly see why so many people are lost, just by bible ignorance.
According to this article, and I think the numbers are likely fairly accurate, though they all would be inflated somewhat by the majority of members of denominations who are not actually actively participating in their churches, which appears to be somewhere around 80% or so, the Churches of Christ worldwide are 5 million people out of over 2 billion total people professing to be Christians, or at least counted as Christians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christia...

In other words, since only members of your denomination are following the Bible correctly, and I would suspect that a good deal of them are 'lost souls' for other reasons, you are pretty well writing off the very large majority of Christians as they are going to end up in Hell's Fire.

Do you absolutely believe that? If so why do you want to live in a world of over 7 billion people of which only something less than 5 million of those now alive will ever see you again in Heaven (according to what you appear to be stating)?

I calculate that as around 0.07% of the current world population have a chance of heaven, while 99.93% will burn in hell. Do you not think that big a fire, with all the previously dead non Church of Christ people also burning, might be so big that it will reach the 5 million, plus the already dead C of C people, and take them too?

Sorry if I am getting a little sarcastic, but have you really ever thought about what it is that you stand for?

Location hidden

#1063 Apr 30, 2013
<quoted text> I'd be willing to allow you to prove it by answering my questions I ask from the bible. You can't know to much if you don't even understand how the Church of Christ came into exsistence, that's your first question, love to hear your answer.
One thing about it is that the Church of Christ came into existence long after Christianity started, so how did those people get to be Christians when all the information that they had was passed down to them by non-Christians, according to your belief that the CofC are the only Christians?

Are you suggesting that actual Christianity only started some 100 or so years ago, rather than 2000 years ago as many people have been led to believe?

I am sorry but if there is a God, I know that the Church of Christ does not have the only key to that God. I don't have any evidence that there is a God, so this discussion of numbers is rather moot anyway.

Location hidden

#1064 Apr 30, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, there is an established inverse relationship between education and intelligence verses religion. It seems the dumber and less educated you are, the more likely you are to be religious.
Why must a person be intelligent to understand the bible ? Plain basic is what is needed he will learn many things from bible class which will help him to learn in a better way, so saying what you say is so pitiful, you do know your not an Einstein, right? It's so sad to see people like you degrade people because they don't meet your criteria on being intelligent.

#1065 Apr 30, 2013
<quoted text> Why must a person be intelligent to understand the bible ? Plain basic is what is needed he will learn many things from bible class which will help him to learn in a better way, so saying what you say is so pitiful, you do know your not an Einstein, right? It's so sad to see people like you degrade people because they don't meet your criteria on being intelligent.
That was my point exactly! You don't have to be intelligent to "understand" the bible. Being stupid works just fine. But if you are intelligent, the odds are you will decide the bible is hogwash.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#1066 Apr 30, 2013
<quoted text> Why must a person be intelligent to understand the bible ? Plain basic is what is needed he will learn many things from bible class which will help him to learn in a better way, so saying what you say is so pitiful, you do know your not an Einstein, right? It's so sad to see people like you degrade people because they don't meet your criteria on being intelligent.
((Why must a person be intelligent to understand the bible ?))

Because you dumb people believe it, something the Jews who wrote it don't even do. The smart people figured this out, they aren't all Jews but they were to start with.

Location hidden

#1067 Apr 30, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
How many things do you do daily that is not mentioned anywhere in the Bible? Do you drive a car? Do you watch tv? Do you use a computer? I guess that answer is obvious. I used to milk cows, up to about 45 cows twice a day, using mechanical machines operated by electricity, but does God say anywhere in the Bible I should do that?
Without going on longer, I bet you have done thousands of things which you could just as easily claim is wrong because God doesn't mention it in the Bible.
If the Bible says that they sang hymns, it didn't state that no one played an instrument, though I highly suspect back 2000 years ago that people having supper together would not likely have a lot of access to musical instruments, and the supply of musical instruments would not have been that great, nor would a bunch of itinerant preachers have been likely to be transporting musical instruments around the countryside with them, and especially taking them when they went to eat.
Sorry, but that particular belief of your denomination has been one that I have never accepted even when I was a believer, and it still has no sense to it, other than if you prefer to sing unaccompanied. I usually sing unaccompanied because I don't play any musical instruments well, and I usually sing when I am alone.
But when I sang in a church we always had musical accompaniment, except that one time we young kids attended a Church of Christ church service.
I will state that the time that their minister and some of the kids came back to our church, though, they sat through the hymn singing and refused to sing, because an organ was being played.
God knew that instruments would be a burden to start with when deciding to sing only, and the fact he isn't interested in what you created, such as a musical instrument, he's only interested in his creation worshipping him in a way to be as spiritual as it can be, and singing is that method. God knows what he's doing. My friend I am talking about how God wants or commands us to worship him, God does expect his people to worship his way, have you read about all those different people who decided to do things their way and what happened to all of them? You and I or anybody in a position of authority figure knows you must do it the way they say to or the consequences could be the lost of your job, no different with God commanding his people to worship him his way..An organ is not allowed in worship, singing only.

Location hidden

#1068 Apr 30, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I'd be prepared to make a small wager that I'm more familiar with the Bible than you...
The why are you an atheist?

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#1069 Apr 30, 2013
<quoted text> God knew that instruments would be a burden to start with when deciding to sing only, and the fact he isn't interested in what you created, such as a musical instrument, he's only interested in his creation worshipping him in a way to be as spiritual as it can be, and singing is that method. God knows what he's doing. My friend I am talking about how God wants or commands us to worship him, God does expect his people to worship his way, have you read about all those different people who decided to do things their way and what happened to all of them? You and I or anybody in a position of authority figure knows you must do it the way they say to or the consequences could be the lost of your job, no different with God commanding his people to worship him his way..An organ is not allowed in worship, singing only.

Choose your "organ to worship" wisely!

#1070 Apr 30, 2013
<quoted text> The why are you an atheist?
Probably because he is more familiar with the Bible and its origins than you are.

#1071 Apr 30, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Choose your "organ to worship" wisely!
Tulips on an organ are better than roses on a piano any day!

<nyuk, nyuk!!>

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#1072 Apr 30, 2013
<quoted text> The why are you an atheist?
That IS why.

The Borderland of Sol

#1073 Apr 30, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably because he is more familiar with the Bible and its origins than you are.
Hehehe. Hi, Ooog.

#1074 Apr 30, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hehehe. Hi, Ooog.
Yo Mac!! Still having fun, I see!

The Borderland of Sol

#1076 Apr 30, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo Mac!! Still having fun, I see!
Hehehe. It's childish, I know - but it's entertaining for a' that.

Location hidden

#1077 May 2, 2013
<quoted text> God knew that instruments would be a burden to start with when deciding to sing only, and the fact he isn't interested in what you created, such as a musical instrument, he's only interested in his creation worshipping him in a way to be as spiritual as it can be, and singing is that method. God knows what he's doing. My friend I am talking about how God wants or commands us to worship him, God does expect his people to worship his way, have you read about all those different people who decided to do things their way and what happened to all of them? You and I or anybody in a position of authority figure knows you must do it the way they say to or the consequences could be the lost of your job, no different with God commanding his people to worship him his way..An organ is not allowed in worship, singing only.
You are a member of a very tiny, almost insignificant, sect of Christianity, and you are claiming that you know better than all of the other majority of believers what God wants?

Is that realistic?

I claim all of the denominations are wrong, in that they believe "anything" about an unknown God, or the stories associated through the Bible about that invisible God. My claim is based on my own interpretation of what evidence the world does have relating to the writings, and the absolute fact that the world STILL has had no VERIFIED evidence ever to confirm that anything related to a supernatural God actually occurred.

[My capitalizing a few words was not yelling at you but to show that I was putting emphasis on them.]

I fully believe 100% that the Church of Christ does not have a monopoly on the Christian faith, and in my opinion would be one of fringe sects which most Christians would not even consider as being credible (but that is my understanding based on my exposure to that denomination for most of my life).
Nobody

Irving, TX

#1078 May 2, 2013
no

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wtf Trump?! 3 min Moo 1
Why do we live life when we have to die anyway? (Jul '13) 11 min Moo 305
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min Tellthetruth 989,740
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 48 min Chilli J 41,866
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Yeshua Was-IS God... 690,404
Trump's "Russia Worries" louder than the noon sun 6 hr Doctor REALITY 16
Would the world have been better off...without ... 6 hr Doctor REALITY 11
More from around the web