Comments
981 - 1,000 of 1,242 Comments Last updated Jan 9, 2014

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#1014 Apr 29, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Eyewitnesses are used every day to convict people in a court of law, but not good enough to be credible of bible facts?,I must disagree.
Not the same thing at all. An eye witness that appears in court, is accepted by the court as being one who can testify, and then given the opportunity if asked to give his testimony of what he saw. If he tells the truth, and is believed then his testimoney may be accepted by the jude and/or jury in making a decision on guilt of innocence. If he lies and is found out to have lied, then he can be charge with doing so, and could be penalized for doing that himself.

The eye witnesses in the Bible are often mentioned by writers, stating that 500 people witnessed an event, and the writer wrote that many decades after the event, and we have no even written words of any of those witness to even attest to their being a witness, which could not be proved anyway 2000 years later.

If we had several eye witnesses who immediately wrote down what they had seen, and these represent both people supporting the cause and people opposed to it, and if these separately written accounts were identical or close (as no two people will tell the same story even when they are telling what they honestly believe), then we might have some evidence which could be consider as possible proof. We have no such records, and their authenticity could not be proved anyway, without having some ways, which might exist today, but didn't back them, of proving that the writings were actually made by a specific person.

Location hidden

#1015 Apr 29, 2013
<quoted text> I would be very interested to see where you get this information from.
It is commonly and easily accessible information, and also is common sense. I am not going to though going to search links and provide them to you, as I have done that so many times since joining Topix that is now boring.

Location hidden

#1016 Apr 29, 2013
<quoted text> The Jehovah's witnesses is a false religion. It's quite easy to see that they are a false religion simply by them predicting the coming of the Lord on several occassions, and of course they were wrong each time. The Church of Christ is the ONLY true church of the bible, and I invite you to prove us to be a false religion.
I hope you are not referring to the specific denomination which is called the Church of Christ, because I have had several relatives involved in that denomination, and know some people from it, and it definitely is not any more the true church than any others, including the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Location hidden

#1017 Apr 29, 2013
<quoted text> Atheists are equal with christians, they simply don't believe in God. Godly fear is no more than when you knew if you done something that you shouldn't have, you knew you were going to get a whipping or privileges taken away, that's Godly fear.
You knew that you were going to get a whipping becausse you knew the adults existed who would do that, they had told you that would happen, and likely it had happened already, so you knew exactly what you were up against. No human being has ever witnessed the punishment that humans will get after death, if your belief is true, so one is not anything like the other at all, except if one lives in fear based on a belief in something that is unknown.

You could possibly have been credible if you stated that believing that Santa Claus would make you not misbehave or Santa wouldn't come, but even in that situation, if the adults kept to that threat, you would still think that Santa had not come, if they followed through and gave you no gifts. We still do not have a comparable example.

Location hidden

#1018 Apr 29, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you are not referring to the specific denomination which is called the Church of Christ, because I have had several relatives involved in that denomination, and know some people from it, and it definitely is not any more the true church than any others, including the Jehovah's Witnesses.
Jehovah said the end of the world coming so many times it isn't funny, especially 1975. You can't prove the Church of Christ to be a false religion any more than you can jump 50 feet, you and I know it. Prove it, because as the Jehovah witnesses and all others are obviously false and the Church of Christ isn,t

Location hidden

#1019 Apr 29, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
You knew that you were going to get a whipping becausse you knew the adults existed who would do that, they had told you that would happen, and likely it had happened already, so you knew exactly what you were up against. No human being has ever witnessed the punishment that humans will get after death, if your belief is true, so one is not anything like the other at all, except if one lives in fear based on a belief in something that is unknown.
You could possibly have been credible if you stated that believing that Santa Claus would make you not misbehave or Santa wouldn't come, but even in that situation, if the adults kept to that threat, you would still think that Santa had not come, if they followed through and gave you no gifts. We still do not have a comparable example.
Show me JUST 1 adult who believes in a fairytale, because it's possible to believe in a fairytale, so prove to me that 1 adult believes in comic characters, fairytale and so on. The bible is exempt as only adults believe and there's a church on almost every corner in the world. The mind of an adult is incapable of believing fairytales, but children believe and live as if it were real. It' is impossible for a child to believe what is meant when sin is committed and what to do to be forgiven it. A child can't be forgiven for a sinful life and receive Jesus as their saviour because they have no sin to be forgiven of and they haven't a clue to have the knowledge of how to become a christian. Your knowledge is flawed.

Location hidden

#1020 Apr 29, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
It is commonly and easily accessible information, and also is common sense. I am not going to though going to search links and provide them to you, as I have done that so many times since joining Topix that is now boring.
You haven't helped me, and if you're that lazy to look up ONE source and defend your belief , then you have no belief worth my time or anybody else's time, pitiful.

Location hidden

#1021 Apr 29, 2013
zander714 wrote:
I would imagine Atheists are like everyone else in that regard, good and bad.
There are two main categories of atheists: strong and weak, with variations in between. Strong atheists actively believe and state that no God exists. They expressly denounce the Christian God along with any other god. Strong atheists are usually more aggressive in their conversations with theists and try to shoot holes in theistic beliefs. They like to use logic and anti-biblical evidences to denounce God's existence. They are active, often aggressive, and openly believe that there is no God.

Agnostic Atheists, as I call them, are those who deny God's existence based on an examination of evidence. Agnosticism means 'not knowing,' or 'no knowledge.' I call them agnostic because they state they have looked at the evidence and have concluded there is no God, but they say they are open to further evidence for God's existence.

Weak atheists simply exercise no faith in God. The weak atheist might be better explained as a person who lacks belief in God the way a person might lack belief that there is a green lizard in a rocking chair on the moon; it isn't an issue. He doesn't believe it or not believe it.

Finally, there is a group of atheists that I call militant atheists. They are, fortunately, few in number. They are usually highly insulting and profoundly terse in their comments to theists, particularly Christians. Iíve encountered a few of them and they are vile, rude, and highly condescending. Their language is full of insults, profanity, and blasphemies. Basically, no meaningful conversation can be held with them.

Location hidden

#1022 Apr 29, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
If God had wanted me to be otherwise, he would have created me otherwise. OTHERWISE ... he's not much of a creator.
Very poetic, and wrong..

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#1023 Apr 29, 2013
<quoted text> Jehovah said the end of the world coming so many times it isn't funny, especially 1975. You can't prove the Church of Christ to be a false religion any more than you can jump 50 feet, you and I know it. Prove it, because as the Jehovah witnesses and all others are obviously false and the Church of Christ isn,t
Out of mere curiousity, and as an outsider, what distinguishes yours from anyone else's?

Location hidden

#1027 Apr 29, 2013
<quoted text> Jehovah said the end of the world coming so many times it isn't funny, especially 1975. You can't prove the Church of Christ to be a false religion any more than you can jump 50 feet, you and I know it. Prove it, because as the Jehovah witnesses and all others are obviously false and the Church of Christ isn,t
You can't prove that the Church of Christ is any more true than any other either, and since I believe that 100% of denominations are basing what they do follow on myths, none of them are the true church. In fact with no God, there would be no true church. As to which one most closely follows the doctrines written in the Bible that is probably dependent on who you ask that question of, and likely no two people would agree.

If on the other hand we were to judge the various denominations on what they do teach which is harmful and/or helpful to the human race, then I think there would be some very definite first and lasts in that list.

Those Christians who have given the most definite opinions about their beliefs on this site, and in those opinions is much denigration of other human beings based on illogical thinking, would definitely be part of the churches on the lower end of the scale, assuming they are presenting themselves in a manner similar to their denomination.

Aside from the risk they place the world at through their beliefs and their condemnation of perfectly good people, which could lead to people getting hurt, otherwise it is best just to ignore these people. They are not able to express those opinions in a open area off the net anyway, unless they are searching to be either hurt themselves or even arrested for hate mongering.

Location hidden

#1028 Apr 29, 2013
<quoted text> Show me JUST 1 adult who believes in a fairytale, because it's possible to believe in a fairytale, so prove to me that 1 adult believes in comic characters, fairytale and so on. The bible is exempt as only adults believe and there's a church on almost every corner in the world. The mind of an adult is incapable of believing fairytales, but children believe and live as if it were real. It' is impossible for a child to believe what is meant when sin is committed and what to do to be forgiven it. A child can't be forgiven for a sinful life and receive Jesus as their saviour because they have no sin to be forgiven of and they haven't a clue to have the knowledge of how to become a christian. Your knowledge is flawed.
Sorry but your posts is nonsense and what you have said has its own answers in it.

All people who believe in the Bible are believing in something that has been told to them, but they have never seen. Basically the same as children believing in fairy tales, except usually with fairy tales, kids learn at some point that they are in fact only tales rather than truths.

Prove any of the Bible is true, and then you have the beginning of a point to make. Otherwise you have defeated yourself in your own post, IMO.

Location hidden

#1029 Apr 29, 2013
<quoted text> You haven't helped me, and if you're that lazy to look up ONE source and defend your belief , then you have no belief worth my time or anybody else's time, pitiful.
Well, you go first, and give me one proof that has definitely convinced the world that God exists, and then I will search for one of the proofs that have been previously stated on here many times. You have the easy task, because you are so sure of the proof, it seems.

Location hidden

#1030 Apr 29, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Out of mere curiousity, and as an outsider, what distinguishes yours from anyone else's?
Worshipping how the bible says , believing what the bible says such as baptism being essential unto salvation, no musical instruments, giving every Lord's day and on and on. God doesn't have more than one way he commands us to worship by in order to be worshipping him in spirit and in truth, now good luck finding another religion that does this, which the bible commands. If you desire proof I will be happy to give it to you.

Location hidden

#1031 Apr 29, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
did you ask Lord if he allow you to work for Him?
at first try to get some little experience,and send aplication to hire you by the Lord.
now only hell knows.for whom you work??
Well of course I asked for the Job, and here's the job description of my duties if I CHOOSE to take it.. 19 Go and make followers of all the nations. Baptize them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. 20 Teach them to do all the things I have told you. And I am with you always, even to the end of the world, literally. Matthew 28 19-20 The fringe benefits are out of this world, You might want to hurry as I can't tell you how long he plsnd on hiring, he might stop hiring in a blink of an eye.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#1032 Apr 29, 2013
<quoted text> Worshipping how the bible says , believing what the bible says such as baptism being essential unto salvation, no musical instruments, giving every Lord's day and on and on. God doesn't have more than one way he commands us to worship by in order to be worshipping him in spirit and in truth, now good luck finding another religion that does this, which the bible commands. If you desire proof I will be happy to give it to you.
Ah.

No cotton/poly blends, no shellfish, no haircuts - but multiple wives, incest, slavery and stoning your kids are all okay.

Gottit.

By the way, which day is "The Lord's Day"?

Location hidden

#1033 Apr 29, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you go first, and give me one proof that has definitely convinced the world that God exists, and then I will search for one of the proofs that have been previously stated on here many times. You have the easy task, because you are so sure of the proof, it seems.
You're not going to believe ,I mean you're not going to believe this , but I just read your mind, can you believe that, wow? Or could it be from years and yesrs of hearing the lame excuses that atheist come up with as my reasoning for reading your mind? I'd probably go with the latter, eh.

Location hidden

#1034 Apr 29, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
If God had wanted me to be otherwise, he would have created me otherwise. OTHERWISE ... he's not much of a creator.
You have a brain, what more do you want, but it only becomes a great mind over time if you put it to work, so your wanna be robot analogy goes by the wayside. Maybe you should tell someone who has a degree from college your lane reasoning, I'll bet you wont have a friendly following, most likely the opposite would occur, so hiding would be an option for you.

Location hidden

#1035 Apr 29, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Ah.
No cotton/poly blends, no shellfish, no haircuts - but multiple wives, incest, slavery and stoning your kids are all okay.
Gottit.
By the way, which day is "The Lord's Day"?
This would be a false religion that might do that, you do know shellfish and pork restrictions have been done aaway with by the cross, you didn't know that did you, try studying. The Lord's day which we are all under is Sunday, not like in the old testament. so get off the couch on Sunday and vist a Church of Christ nearest you and learn the truth and then become a christian.

Location hidden

#1036 Apr 29, 2013
<quoted text> Worshipping how the bible says , believing what the bible says such as baptism being essential unto salvation, no musical instruments, giving every Lord's day and on and on. God doesn't have more than one way he commands us to worship by in order to be worshipping him in spirit and in truth, now good luck finding another religion that does this, which the bible commands. If you desire proof I will be happy to give it to you.
I was interested to learn that the Church of Christ (and you just confirmed by that post that we are talking about the same church) in a neighboring community, to where my mother lives, and I was raised and lived for 32 years, and where several of my relatives worshiped which had used my mother's sanctuary in recent years for their services while they were building a new building, has since split into two separate congregations, because some members wanted to have musical instruments in the church while the others wanted to stick to the archaic illogical way of singing from music books written for musical instruments but with no musical instruments.

Though I don't support either congregation as preaching a true religion, I think those that wanted the musical instruments are being rational on that point, because I see it as being absolutely silly that anyone would think that playing a musical instrument to aid people in following a tune, is not only not wrong but almost essential. My grandmother's brother, who has been dead for 30 some years was a very strong supporter of that denomination.

When I was a teen we had a very large young people's group
in my own church, and we had a project during one year to visit, and invite back congregations of other denominations in the neighboring communities.

In the case of the Church of Christ, we visited their church on a Sunday, and their minister and some of their young people visited our church on a Sunday. We even had the minister and some young people attend one of our own young people's meetings.

I do recall we did get into almost a heated argument with them over a couple of their beliefs, though we managed to not completely have them walk out on us. That was roughly 50 years ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Hukt on Fonix 733,180
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min WasteWater 258,065
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Oxbow 539,141
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 10 min Stephania 599,990
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 13 min Senecus 2,432
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 24 min Jim Justice 118,006
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 24 min KiMare 226,387
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••