|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul/Saul of Tarsus ... we know he never met the Christ Character because he told us so. He says Christ came to him in "visions". I have frequent "visions" of Jessica Alba, but I'm quite certain she has no idea who I am.
Even though Paul had approval from the eyewitnesses of Jesus' life, nevertheless, Paul claimed that his ultimate authority did not come from humans, but directly from Christ's revelation to him:

"For I would have you know, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ (Gal. 1:11-12)."

Paul himself saw Jesus via revelation on his encounter on the road to Damascus (Acts 9, 22, 26) in which Christ revealed Himself to Paul . He was an eyewitness in the sense of having seen Jesus after his death (1 Cor. 9:1). Therefore, Paul certainly had the authority to teach and preach the Gospel.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Even though Paul had approval from the eyewitnesses of Jesus' life, nevertheless, Paul claimed that his ultimate authority did not come from humans, but directly from Christ's revelation to him:
"For I would have you know, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ (Gal. 1:11-12)."
Paul himself saw Jesus via revelation on his encounter on the road to Damascus (Acts 9, 22, 26) in which Christ revealed Himself to Paul . He was an eyewitness in the sense of having seen Jesus after his death (1 Cor. 9:1). Therefore, Paul certainly had the authority to teach and preach the Gospel.
So then anyone who "sees" Jesus after his death is such an authority. Alert the mental health facilities, we have a lot of honest to goodness prophets of God locked up!! I guess that would include Charlie Manson ... I believe he made such a claim.

I bet you still don't see how silly that is.

And Paul didn't meet anyone who was there either. There is no evidence any of the 12 (or 13 even) disciples ever existed either.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

<quoted text> Even though Paul had approval from the eyewitnesses of Jesus' life, nevertheless, Paul claimed that his ultimate authority did not come from humans, but directly from Christ's revelation to him:
You can't possibly be serious...

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't possibly be serious...
Yes, Quite serious.
lol

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

its like watching trekkies argue over imaginary episodes!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

lol wrote:
Imaginary you say, but most of the world says differently. It's impossible for a normal human being to believe in comic book characters, fairytales, etc, because the mind isn't geared up to allow us to believe in imaginary things like a little child can. In order for the mind to accept a fairytale the mind has to be able to live with that imaginary thought and a human adult mind is unable to acheive that status in life because of the information we receive and of age beyond the ability for this to work. God is real and someday you will see him and I pray that you see him as a believer than an atheist. I urge you to go to the nearest Church of Christ and get your life right with God.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

lol wrote:
Some of Star Trek is imaginary!?!?! Omy goodness!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text> Imaginary you say, but most of the world says differently. It's impossible for a normal human being to believe in comic book characters, fairytales, etc, because the mind isn't geared up to allow us to believe in imaginary things like a little child can. In order for the mind to accept a fairytale the mind has to be able to live with that imaginary thought and a human adult mind is unable to acheive that status in life because of the information we receive and of age beyond the ability for this to work. God is real and someday you will see him and I pray that you see him as a believer than an atheist. I urge you to go to the nearest Church of Christ and get your life right with God.
Spoken just like a child believing in Santa!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken just like a child believing in Santa!!
Yes I to believe lol is speaking like a child.
lol

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

When you die, as when I die, I hope we're all just dead. This bs about an awesome place, with everyone who claims to be christians.... if that's heaven, I sure want no part of it. I cant imagine spending eternity with you hypocrits.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

lol wrote:
When you die, as when I die, I hope we're all just dead. This bs about an awesome place, with everyone who claims to be christians.... if that's heaven, I sure want no part of it. I cant imagine spending eternity with you hypocrits.
Hypocrites you say, for just being truthful. God is real and you were given what to do to be saved, which is being a member of the only true church on the planet, the Church of Christ. You still have time to bypass hell by getting right with God. Why would you want to go to hell for when you don't have to? God has been around long enough to thwart all the critcism man has thrown his way and still be the #1 seller in the world.
lol

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

seller? exactly. Too much money involved. Too much judgement and hypocrisy. No thanks, I'll go to 'hell' before I spend eternity with people like you. Good luck with that, though. I hope it makes you happy and I hope that death brings you whatever you have been looking forward to in life.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

lol wrote:
seller? exactly. Too much money involved. Too much judgement and hypocrisy. No thanks, I'll go to 'hell' before I spend eternity with people like you. Good luck with that, though. I hope it makes you happy and I hope that death brings you whatever you have been looking forward to in life.
I wish you peace and hapiness and I pray you will come to the Lord. I don't understand what you mean by to much money as it doesn't cost anything to go to church.When giving you are to give what you can and there's no set amount you have to give, What judgment are you referring to? Hypocrisy isn't allowed, as only the truth is used.

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Are Atheists Good People?

being a good person is all fine / well and good ..

but 98 yards gets you no touchdown .. inorder to reach Heaven apart from Christ .. Jesus said:.. you must be perfect ... so good luck w/ that .. http://bobgeorge.net/teaching/closer-look/law... .. enjoy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

His-truth wrote:
Are Atheists Good People?
being a good person is all fine / well and good ..
but 98 yards gets you no touchdown .. inorder to reach Heaven apart from Christ .. Jesus said:.. you must be perfect ... so good luck w/ that .. http://bobgeorge.net/teaching/closer-look/law... .. enjoy
If God had wanted me to be otherwise, he would have created me otherwise. OTHERWISE ... he's not much of a creator.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
God created you properly according to Gods chain of DNA
only you by wicked brain perversion made yourselves below human dignity,beliving that you are part of evolution fish embrio or monkey s... missing link
and you despised your own Maker,
He left you alone in the hostile Jungle of denials and dark dung of this earth and Nothingness(dark universe without of bottom-dark hell)
You live like cockroach not able to see light,sun, moon,
cockroach mostly nourish yourselves from the stinks and desposed bacteria foods,
cockroach existing short period of time on this earth, and after death is reincarnated as few bacteria in the Universe lost mankind dumpster consumming each other and serving as fertilizer to fertilize soil prepared for healthy fruits, vegetables, and Godly farmers of this soil to life forever?
YOU ARE CATEGORY OF LOST COCKROACHES OR WHITE MAGGOTS LIVING SHORT TIME,AND DEAD FOREVER?
So basically, you have no intelligent counter argument what so ever. What a surprise!! Not!!

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
God created you properly according to Gods chain of DNA
only you by wicked brain perversion made yourselves below human dignity,beliving that you are part of evolution fish embrio or monkey s... missing link
and you despised your own Maker,
He left you alone in the hostile Jungle of denials and dark dung of this earth and Nothingness(dark universe without of bottom-dark hell)
You live like cockroach not able to see light,sun, moon,
cockroach mostly nourish yourselves from the stinks and desposed bacteria foods,
cockroach existing short period of time on this earth, and after death is reincarnated as few bacteria in the Universe lost mankind dumpster consumming each other and serving as fertilizer to fertilize soil prepared for healthy fruits, vegetables, and Godly farmers of this soil to life forever?
YOU ARE CATEGORY OF LOST COCKROACHES OR WHITE MAGGOTS LIVING SHORT TIME,AND DEAD FOREVER?
You need professional help.
Nobody

Euless, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>What evil, manipulative, misanthrope told you that?
Perhaps more to the point, why in the world did you believe him?
you did.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Nobody wrote:
<quoted text>you did.
Laffin.

I rather think not.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Many atheists have been converted from this lack of willingness to believe in God, so their is hope for all on this forum.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

394 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 8 min shyam 4,912
Sudi Arabia Scientists Spreading deadly Ebola v... 13 min Anonymous 5
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 27 min dirty white boy- 722,136
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 34 min Nice_girl 434
00971569470225 Body to body massage in Abudhabi 34 min Nancy 0563308466 20
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 35 min Buck Crick 224,618
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 40 min KIpetesayKEGOut 115,609
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Commander Bunny 256,963
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr guest 533,566