The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Nobody wrote:
Well to be real, No one is good living on this planet.
What evil, manipulative, misanthrope told you that?

Perhaps more to the point, why in the world did you believe him?
toad

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

not believing in god doesn't make you an evil person.... just because you don't believe in god, doesn't mean you dont believe in treating others kindly and with love. Are you saying that the only reason people treat each other well, is because they are afraid of god's wrath? See, the difference is, athiests treat people nicely because thats how they'd want to be treated, not out of fear.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>At least we don't knock on strange doors on weekend mornings...
The Jehovah's witnesses is a false religion. It's quite easy to see that they are a false religion simply by them predicting the coming of the Lord on several occassions, and of course they were wrong each time. The Church of Christ is the ONLY true church of the bible, and I invite you to prove us to be a false religion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

toad wrote:
not believing in god doesn't make you an evil person.... just because you don't believe in god, doesn't mean you dont believe in treating others kindly and with love. Are you saying that the only reason people treat each other well, is because they are afraid of god's wrath? See, the difference is, athiests treat people nicely because thats how they'd want to be treated, not out of fear.
Atheists are equal with christians, they simply don't believe in God. Godly fear is no more than when you knew if you done something that you shouldn't have, you knew you were going to get a whipping or privileges taken away, that's Godly fear.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Think a moment, willya?
The fact that I claim to be an eyewitness to something does NOT mean that I am one. Especially if I wasn't there.
An eyewitness would had to been there and that's what their saying about being an eyewitness in the bible, that they were their.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> An eyewitness would had to been there and that's what their saying about being an eyewitness in the bible, that they were their.
Okay, that multiple misuse of "There", "They're" and "Their" cannot be simple ignorance.

I call "Poe".

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

<quoted text> The Jehovah's witnesses is a false religion. It's quite easy to see that they are a false religion simply by them predicting the coming of the Lord on several occassions, and of course they were wrong each time. The Church of Christ is the ONLY true church of the bible, and I invite you to prove us to be a false religion.
Oh, false predictions is all it takes?

You do know that Tyre is alive and well, yes?

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

<quoted text> To be divinely inspired, a book must be historically accurate. For if its credibility cannot be established on the basis of known events, it certainly cannot be relied upon as an adequate guide in matters beyond our ability to check. On the other hand, if we can demonstrate that such a book is correct in historical matters, to an extent unknown among human writings, then we have strong evidence that the authors were inspired by God. In this lesson we shall learn that this is true of the Bible.
Down through the centuries, enemies of the Bible have attacked its historical accuracy. Time after time, the Scriptures have been thus questioned, only later to be shown correct by archaeology. Archaeology is a study of relics, monuments, tombs, artifacts, etc., of ancient civilizations. Peoples and events, known before only in Biblical accounts, have been brought to light by the excavations of ancient cities. Always, the Bible has been proven right. Let us consider a few of the cases of such findings:
Grapes In Egypt:
In Genesis 40 we are told how Joseph interpreted the dream of Pharaoh's butler. In this dream grapes are mentioned. But the ancient historian, Herodotus, states that the Egyptians grew no grapes and drank no wine, and many therefore questioned the accuracy of the biblical account. However, paintings discovered on the ancient Egyptian tombs, show the dressing, pruning, and cultivating of the vines, and also the process of extracting the juice of grapes, as well as scenes of drunkenness. There can be little doubt then that Herodotus was wrong and the Bible right.
The Bricks Of Pithom:
In Exodus 1:11, we are told that the children of Israel built the treasure cities of Pithom and Raamses for Pharaoh. In Exodus 5, we are informed that they made bricks first using straw, and then using stubble, because no straw was furnished them for that purpose. In 1883, Naville, and in 1908, Kyle, found at Pithom, one of the cities built by Israel, that the lower courses were built of bricks filled with good, chopped straw. The middle courses have less straw including stubble. The upper courses were made of pure clay, with no straw whatever. It is difficult to read the biblical account and not be astonished at the amazing confirmation which archaeology here has given to the Bible.
The Hittites:
Yes, I get that. DC comics talks about New York and Superman's visit there. New York exists, therefore Superman exists and DC comics is historically accurate.

Do you see how that doesn't work? Bet not!

Also, there are historical inaccuracies and contradictions in the Bible. For example, Herod died in 4 B.C.... so how did a dead man order the slaughter of the innocents. Joseph and pregnant Mary traveled to Bethlehem to be counted in the census of Quirnus which occurred in 6 A.D.!!! They can't both be accurate, so the Bible is wrong on one count or the other ... or BOTH.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

<quoted text> Eyewitnesses are used every day to convict people in a court of law, but not good enough to be credible of bible facts?,I must disagree.
You can disagree all you like, but the fact is we are releasing prisoners convicted on eyewitness testimony who were later exonerated based on DNA evidence. The eyewitness testimony was WRONG!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, that multiple misuse of "There", "They're" and "Their" cannot be simple ignorance.
I call "Poe".
Yes I at times do make mistakes with there, they're and their, I just can't remember how to use them correctly, I will try harder not to make that mistake again to avoid irritating you, my humble apologies. Have you EVER used a word incorrectly? Why is it so necessary to point this out, really. Simple mistakes doesn't mean a person is ignorant, it means one isn't familarized with the correct way of it's use. Do you realize that mistakes you make are no different than mine, except I have no desire to tell you of a mistake that's so minor and actually doesn't alter what I am saying.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

<quoted text>Yes I at times do make mistakes with there, they're and their, I just can't remember how to use them correctly, I will try harder not to make that mistake again to avoid irritating you, my humble apologies. Have you EVER used a word incorrectly? Why is it so necessary to point this out, really. Simple mistakes doesn't mean a person is ignorant, it means one isn't familarized with the correct way of it's use. Do you realize that mistakes you make are no different than mine, except I have no desire to tell you of a mistake that's so minor and actually doesn't alter what I am saying.
Actually, those could alter what you are saying. The meaning of the words are quite different.

Punctuation can also be important, for example;

Let's eat, Grandma!
verses
Let's eat Grandma!

For the sake of a comma, a Grandma becomes dinner.

Beyond that, yes I agree, if the meaning is still clear and not in danger of misinterpretation, spelling and grammar should not be made such a big deal.

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

<quoted text>Yes I at times do make mistakes with there, they're and their, I just can't remember how to use them correctly, I will try harder not to make that mistake again to avoid irritating you, my humble apologies. Have you EVER used a word incorrectly? Why is it so necessary to point this out, really. Simple mistakes doesn't mean a person is ignorant, it means one isn't familarized with the correct way of it's use. Do you realize that mistakes you make are no different than mine, except I have no desire to tell you of a mistake that's so minor and actually doesn't alter what I am saying.
Oh, I make mistakes all the time - I can't type for beans, and don't usually bother reading before I hit "enter".

I just thought it odd, and possibly deliberate, that someone would make that "there/their/they're " error quite so often in such a short post. Normally I ignore that. If they were genuine errors, rather than an example of Poe-ism, I apologize.

To address your point, though, here's your post:

"An eyewitness would had to been there and that's what their saying about being an eyewitness in the bible, that they were their."

The problem is that most (if not all) of the people who claimed to be eyewitnesses to the events recounted in the Bible either were NOT there, or are unknown. Therefore, their testimony can and should be treated as unreliable at best.

The simple claim to have seen something is insufficient.

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, those could alter what you are saying. The meaning of the words are quite different.
Punctuation can also be important, for example;
Let's eat, Grandma!
verses
Let's eat Grandma!
For the sake of a comma, a Grandma becomes dinner.
Beyond that, yes I agree, if the meaning is still clear and not in danger of misinterpretation, spelling and grammar should not be made such a big deal.
Addressed, I think, in my last post.

Hi, Ooog!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

<quoted text> An eyewitness would had to been there and that's what their saying about being an eyewitness in the bible, that they were their.
But they weren't actually there.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Addressed, I think, in my last post.
Hi, Ooog!
Yo Mac! GMTA!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I make mistakes all the time - I can't type for beans, and don't usually bother reading before I hit "enter".
I just thought it odd, and possibly deliberate, that someone would make that "there/their/they're " error quite so often in such a short post. Normally I ignore that. If they were genuine errors, rather than an example of Poe-ism, I apologize.
To address your point, though, here's your post:
"An eyewitness would had to been there and that's what their saying about being an eyewitness in the bible, that they were their."
The problem is that most (if not all) of the people who claimed to be eyewitnesses to the events recounted in the Bible either were NOT there, or are unknown. Therefore, their testimony can and should be treated as unreliable at best.
The simple claim to have seen something is insufficient.
Can you show me someone in the bible claiming to be an eyewitness that wasnt there.

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text> Can you show me someone in the bible claiming to be an eyewitness that wasnt there.
I can point you to any number whose writings are in the Bible who weren't present at the events they describe.

Luke and Paul, for two.

Want more?

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo Mac! GMTA!
Hehehe.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text> Can you show me someone in the bible claiming to be an eyewitness that wasnt there.
Pretty much all of them, go figure.
It's all hearsay , Jesus supposedly appeared in a vision to Peter.
All the other accounts are not first hand.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Paul/Saul of Tarsus ... we know he never met the Christ Character because he told us so. He says Christ came to him in "visions". I have frequent "visions" of Jessica Alba, but I'm quite certain she has no idea who I am.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••