Comments
901 - 920 of 1,242 Comments Last updated Jan 9, 2014

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#925 Feb 26, 2013
CommonSense101_ wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's the best way to live, in times like these when godless men rule the earth and the world is on edge. And believe me, a life without God is not one worth living because He is good, and I mean REALLY good. And it sucks that you'll miss out on the greatest love of all.
If your god is so good, why does he burn people in a lake of fire?

If the vast majority of humans on the planet - and almost every single world leader - follow a religion that believes in a god, how are godless men ruling the earth?

Seems to me that if you're unhappy with the state of the world, you should blame religion.

Since: Feb 13

Cleveland, OH

#926 Feb 26, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
If your god is so good, why does he burn people in a lake of fire?
If the vast majority of humans on the planet - and almost every single world leader - follow a religion that believes in a god, how are godless men ruling the earth?
Seems to me that if you're unhappy with the state of the world, you should blame religion.
Because we all deserve the same fate. We cannot be saved from the lake of fire unless we accept Jesus Christ. So no Jesus = Lake of fire.

And your right they believe in a god but not thee God. Therefore they are godless. And even if they are christian or catholic etc, they have motives that are not in compatible with those of Christ therefore they themselves are godless as well. The only difference from them and the atheist is that they don't know it.

Location hidden

#927 Feb 26, 2013
CommonSense101_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Because we all deserve the same fate. We cannot be saved from the lake of fire unless we accept Jesus Christ. So no Jesus = Lake of fire.
That makes your god sound like a petty, vindictive sociopath rather than a perfect, omnipotent, loving being.

Location hidden

#928 Feb 26, 2013
CommonSense101_ wrote:
<quoted text>
And your right they believe in a god but not thee God. Therefore they are godless. And even if they are christian or catholic etc, they have motives that are not in compatible with those of Christ therefore they themselves are godless as well. The only difference from them and the atheist is that they don't know it.
Isn't it a sin according to your religion to judge another man? If they say they believe in god, how can they be godless?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#929 Feb 26, 2013
CommonSense101_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You're underthinking.

Since your Nazarene and this "lake of fire" are part of the same mythos, no Jesus = NO lake of fire.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#930 Feb 26, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes your god sound like a petty, vindictive sociopath rather than a perfect, omnipotent, loving being.
If I may paraphrase the deity:

"You all have free will, and I love you all.
If you don't do what I want, I'm going to torture you for eternity."

Not to put too fine a point on it, but WTF?

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#931 Feb 26, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
here's nothing 'good' about lying to people,......
Agreed!! So shouldn't you make darned sure this God of yours actually exists before telling people that he does?

"Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear."
Thomas Jefferson
Sharkey

United States

#932 Feb 26, 2013
CommonSense101_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not demeaning at all if you study the Christian faith you'd know that these lives are not our own we were made for the sole purpose of giving praise to God and glorifying His name through our works. He is my master and I am a servant to Him and obedient to The Word.
No one is free everyone is a slave to something; money, sex, drugs, power etc... I just choose to be a servant to the one that restores my soul and not the one who defiles it
Your concept of a god is all wrong.
A real god is not a slavemaster for you to serve. It is not a magic man with a magic computer chip to make you follow his magic program.
By the way, you are still exercising your "free will". You said you "CHOSE to be a servant", so you're using your free will here.
You are not a puppet, so don't act like one.
Sharkey

United States

#933 Feb 26, 2013
CommonSense101_ wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's the best way to live, in times like these when godless men rule the earth and the world is on edge. And believe me, a life without God is not one worth living because He is good, and I mean REALLY good. And it sucks that you'll miss out on the greatest love of all.
It's really too bad that your sect has talked you into thinking like this.
Living the life of a puppet slave is NOT a good life. You are not a robot, nor do you need to be programmed to be a good person. Being a good person is YOUR choice. Being good "because god told you to" means that you have to have someone else tell you how to act, and that is not for adults.
It's time for you to grow up and do good things because YOU can do them on your own accord instead of waiting for marching orders.
Sharkey

United States

#934 Feb 26, 2013
CommonSense101_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, I accept Jesus - as a wise man who lived thousands of years ago, as a respected person with an interesting history, but that's about it.
If you want acceptance for Jesus as a god, that's not going to happen, because no human can ever be a god, only percieved as gods by other humans.
Jesus was simply, a man who was "deified" (ordinary human made into a god). Nothing more, nothing less.

And it is laughable that you would call other Christians atheists. You don't believe in their gods either, so YOU are an atheist as well!
You Christians and your infighting is what will cause the armegeddon you all warn against.
Armegeddon will be YOUR fault!
You are nothing but a MURDERER for instigating armegeddon with all your misinformation.
Sharkey

United States

#935 Feb 26, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it a sin according to your religion to judge another man? If they say they believe in god, how can they be godless?
He's not using common sense here at all. He's nothing but a puppet slave who doesn't realize that he's really an atheist, since he doesn't believe in their god.
Doctor REALITY

Benton, AR

#936 Feb 27, 2013
While atheists are human,and know how to do good,there is NOTHING 'good' about LYING by telling people that the Lord isn't....REAL.

#937 Feb 27, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
While atheists are human,and know how to do good,there is NOTHING 'good' about LYING by telling people that the Lord isn't....REAL.
What is "good" about telling people you know "the Lord" is real, when you know you don't know that and you can not prove "the Lord" is real?
SoVerySad4U

San Jose, CA

#938 Apr 24, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
How is it LYING if they truly believe it.

#939 Apr 24, 2013
SoVerySad4U wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it LYING if they truly believe it.
If someone believes a lie and they repeat it, are they lying?? Seems to me it is still a lie.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#940 Apr 24, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
What is "good" about telling people you know "the Lord" is real, when you know you don't know that and you can not prove "the Lord" is real?
You can't prove he isn't real, should you still not believe that he isn't? A little oxymoron dude in your analogy. So the answer is yes they should continue to believe the Lord is real, just as much as you can't prove he doesn't exsist should continue to believe he doesn't believe he's real should go on believing the way you do until an answer comes to help you believe other wise or for proof for them to believe other wise. As a christian I believe, unless you can prove he doesn't and you and I know you can't.

#941 Apr 24, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> You can't prove he isn't real, should you still not believe that he isn't? A little oxymoron dude in your analogy. So the answer is yes they should continue to believe the Lord is real, just as much as you can't prove he doesn't exsist should continue to believe he doesn't believe he's real should go on believing the way you do until an answer comes to help you believe other wise or for proof for them to believe other wise. As a christian I believe, unless you can prove he doesn't and you and I know you can't.
You can't prove there isn't a magical leprechaun with a live dachshund stuck in his nose. By your logic you must believe in this creature as well. Do you also believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster or the IPU? What about Paul Bunyan and Santa Claus?? Do you think they are real as well?

Location hidden

#942 Apr 24, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't prove there isn't a magical leprechaun with a live dachshund stuck in his nose. By your logic you must believe in this creature as well. Do you also believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster or the IPU? What about Paul Bunyan and Santa Claus?? Do you think they are real as well?
Ooogah you know I don't believe in Santa or Paul Bunyan, IPU, flying spaghetti monster which are wonderful fairy tales we grew up with. The bible I believe and live by. Study is why people believe, and there's many reason why people don't believe, lack of studyng is just one of many reasons why people don't believe.There can only be one of us right. Faith causes many to not believe alhough God goes out of his way to make you aware that faith is the only way you can know him, why you're probably wondering. Prove to me he doesn't exsist. It's your choice not to believe, along with your reasons why you don't. I or anyone who believes in God can only encourage you to study more and maybe you will find the truth, but I'm sure you're going to say you have and that's why you're an atheist, and I can only say, I uderstand.

#943 Apr 24, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Ooogah you know I don't believe in Santa or Paul Bunyan, IPU, flying spaghetti monster which are wonderful fairy tales we grew up with. The bible I believe and live by. Study is why people believe, and there's many reason why people don't believe, lack of studyng is just one of many reasons why people don't believe.There can only be one of us right. Faith causes many to not believe alhough God goes out of his way to make you aware that faith is the only way you can know him, why you're probably wondering. Prove to me he doesn't exsist. It's your choice not to believe, along with your reasons why you don't. I or anyone who believes in God can only encourage you to study more and maybe you will find the truth, but I'm sure you're going to say you have and that's why you're an atheist, and I can only say, I uderstand.
It's all about the standard of evidence. Why would you believe in the Abrahamic God and NOT Santa, the IPU, Easter Bunny, FSM, Paul Bunyan or the leprechaun with the live dachshund stuck in his nose?

The standard of evidence is the SAME!! They are all based on oral traditions, there is no supporting verifiable evidence for or against. So why just the one and NOT the others?

Location hidden

#944 Apr 24, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all about the standard of evidence. Why would you believe in the Abrahamic God and NOT Santa, the IPU, Easter Bunny, FSM, Paul Bunyan or the leprechaun with the live dachshund stuck in his nose?
The standard of evidence is the SAME!! They are all based on oral traditions, there is no supporting verifiable evidence for or against. So why just the one and NOT the others?
Why, seriously, the evidence is overwhelming to me, and the fact that a fairy tale is to be believed by children, not adults. It's impossible for an adult to believe a known fairy tale as anything but a fairy tale. Why would an adult "desire" to believe in a fairytale, it's beyond normal reasoning to believe something that is totally known to be a fairytale. The bible is only said by atheists to be a fairytale not by anyone but atheist, which is common. When atheists were a child they believed in the fairytales that were mentioned until like christians when they came to be an adult stopped believing. Atheist believe in what God has created rather than the creator and he mentions this would happen long before it did. So believing in fairytales an adult isn't normal behaviour, but believing in God as an adult who tells us everything from the beginning of what was created and why and what to expect after death and everything in between. God didn't make it so easy for one to believe because our minds are meant to be used. If God made it clear that he is real then of course everyone would believe, what good would that be if it was simply given to you instead of showing God your ability to think and reason, it wouldn't be and you simply would be a robot. If there were no God your choices wouldn't matter except when breaking the law which then you would pay for your bad choices, I guess you would like no law also? God exsist and we have a duty to make a choice, our soul depends on it to believe and live the way he wants us to in his world he created for us. When you can prove he doesn't exsist like you do with other things in science then change will be obvious, without a doubt, life will be totally different from what it is now.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min June VanDerMark 539,175
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Buck Crick 733,209
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 min feces for jesus 94,692
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 9 min Rider on the Storm 600,009
I'm SO GLAD the St. Louis Rams cut Michelle Sam... 14 min Doctor REALITY 1
Good bye Michael Sam 14 min yon 5
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 18 min Student 38,628
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 42 min Dr_Zorderz 258,070
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Patrick 226,389
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••