Are Atheists Good People?

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#905 Feb 25, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> I guess by your comment your salvation isn't that important, how sad you think it's a joke.
I think some people needed this eminent threat to behave correctly in life. This was especially true without the modern forms of law enforcement, and detective work that ensures you will most likely get caught if doing criminal acts.

But as far as heaven is concerned , I look to the heavens and can see back nearly 12 billion years in the past. But there is no place to save you from bodily death and the end of your existence.
You can live on however through the eyes of your children , or others you so impressed in life who continue on after you are gone.
But there is no spirit world and I cherish the living and live for the life, I wont be banking on a immortal soul living in the lap of luxury after my river of life has run dry.

So basically I do think salvation is to be rich in your deeds in life and the reward is to be missed, but in death we are gone.

Google

London, KY

#906 Feb 25, 2013
Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Steven Weinberg
Sharkey

United States

#907 Feb 25, 2013
<quoted text> Your suffering need not be, especially when you have a God who wants to give you everything, including a home in heaven. The Church of Christ is your only chance for salvation.
Hear the Word, by attending services of the Church of Christ.
Romans 10:17
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
John 5:24-25
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
Truly Believe in God and that Jesus is His Son.
Mark 16:15-16
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
John 3:36
He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
Sincerely Repent of your past Sins
Romans 3:23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Acts 17:30
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
Luke 13:3
I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
Confess Jesus before men.
Luke 12:8
Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:
1 John 4:15
Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
Matthew 10:32-33
Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven
Be Baptized
Colossians 2:12
Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
Acts 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Remain Faithful until death
I can hear the exact same scriptures in the catholic, protestant, methodist, espicosal, baptist, jehovah's witness, or church of god in christ church. Your church is no different: the same brain-bending machine as the rest of them.
It is all the same world-ending propoganda dressed up in different flavors. Same sh!t, different smell.
It is time for you to put the bible down.
In fact, THROW IT OUT.
Replace that old bible with THE NEW 21ST CENTURY TESTAMENT OF HUMANKIND which tells the truth about humans, instead of some fantasy story of a human rising from the dead, which is a complete lie. Instead of "ressurection" it's "REmaking" of the human mind into a nondivisive, peaceful, productive state, instead of the neurotic, confused, schizophrenic state the bible has put it in.
Sharkey

United States

#908 Feb 25, 2013
<quoted text> I guess by your comment your salvation isn't that important, how sad you think it's a joke.
No. Here's what's REALLY sad: that you think you need someone else for your "salvation" (your waiting for "Jesus to return").
This makes you a spineless jellyfish with no free will.
Stop "waiting for Jesus to return" because you'll be waiting until you die, close that bible, and get out there in the world and help save it and yourself.
Don't WAIT for Jesus - ACT like Jesus!
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#909 Feb 25, 2013
here's nothing 'good' about lying to people, telling them that God isn't REAL.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#910 Feb 25, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I think some people needed this eminent threat to behave correctly in life. This was especially true without the modern forms of law enforcement, and detective work that ensures you will most likely get caught if doing criminal acts.
But as far as heaven is concerned , I look to the heavens and can see back nearly 12 billion years in the past. But there is no place to save you from bodily death and the end of your existence.
You can live on however through the eyes of your children , or others you so impressed in life who continue on after you are gone.
But there is no spirit world and I cherish the living and live for the life, I wont be banking on a immortal soul living in the lap of luxury after my river of life has run dry.
So basically I do think salvation is to be rich in your deeds in life and the reward is to be missed, but in death we are gone.
Life is so precious and you're right to live it as you do, with a zest for life to the fullest. God's plan for us is for him to celebrate and shower us with eternal love, as he shows us how so very proud he is of us. We are his children and he desires for us to be his children for all time. Life is so wonderful and to think when our hearts stop his love ends is unimaginable.You are a wonderful unique person that God wants to be with for no less than forever. We were never created to die, only our bodies were designed for that, but our spirits live on.
Sharkey

United States

#911 Feb 25, 2013
<quoted text> I believe they have decent morals, sadly though their lost eternally because of their ignorance to believe thanks to their sick obsession with science. This willful ignorance came to be when Darwin came on to the scene and polluted their minds with ludricous ideas, and that's the reason for atheism being alive.
It's LUDICROUS to believe that Darwin was the cause of atheism!
You are so deep in your delusion that even YOU have lost all hide and hair of what you're talking about.
Willful delusion is worse than willful ignorance, but with you, they're pretty much running neck and neck.
You're polluting your own mind with prejudice, which, if you're "working for the lord" is a SIN, right?

Riiiiiiight?

Yeah.
I knew you were a lying, phony hypocrite.

"Working for the Lord" my @ss. Yeah, Lord Lucifer is YOUR boss!

Game over.

You're not fooling anyone "Working". You act all innocent, but you sit here and lie and lie and lie and sin and sin and sin.

You are gross and should be disfellowshipped from whatever hall you're going to. You're tainting it with your sinful behavior.

Your god should strike you down, right now you BIGOT.

God, I'm waiting....
Sharkey

United States

#912 Feb 25, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
here's nothing 'good' about lying to people, telling them that God isn't REAL.
There's nothing good about insisting something is there when it's clearly not.
It's like saying that zero is actually 1.
But 0 does not = 1.
0=0.
For a doctor, you sure are dumb since you didn't know that.
Sharkey

United States

#913 Feb 25, 2013
<quoted text> Snap out of it. There is a God who loves you, so here's what you do to get right with God.
Hear the Word, by attending services of the Church of Christ.
Romans 10:17
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
John 5:24-25
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
Truly Believe in God and that Jesus is His Son.
Mark 16:15-16
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
John 3:36
He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
Sincerely Repent of your past Sins
Romans 3:23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Acts 17:30
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
Luke 13:3
I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
Confess Jesus before men.
Luke 12:8
Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:
1 John 4:15
Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
Matthew 10:32-33
Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven
Be Baptized
Colossians 2:12
Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
Acts 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Remain Faithful until death
But it was the Catholic church that told me this,...no it was the Methodist church....or was it the baptists?
Different flavors of the same bullsh!t. Your church is no different than any of the others: brainbending factories, and you are the display model.
The best way for YOU: Throw out that bible. Walk away from that building, get away from those people.
That life won't help you grow, it will keep you stuck in a pattern of judgmental prejudice against your fellow humans.
Use THE NEW 21ST CENTURY TESTAMENT OF HUMANKIND, a NEW BETTER look at the homo sapien species abd their POSITIVE POTENTIAL and THE SAVIOR WITHIN.
Sharkey

United States

#914 Feb 25, 2013
CommonSense101_ wrote:
That would depend on whose judging. Man or God? Because God is real, believe it or not. And one day we ALL will bow down before Him when the time comes for you to account for what you have done with this life He has given you. I'm just sayin'... I hope you get right while you still have the chance. I pray that you do.
Let me share something with folks like you.
I had a near death experience due to a deadly allergy attack, and I left my body.
When I left, I was transported to a different world with strange, dim gray lights.
There were no words, no bodies, not even a voice....but just a feeling that it all would be ok, that there is no such concept of "judgment" or "accounting", that your deeds done in the human world no longer mattered because you were no longer part of that world.
Because of this experience, I find it sad that human beings STILL see "god" as some sort of "parent" or "executive" or "judge" that will "punish" them.
If there is a "god" he/she/it would NOT be ANYTHING like what evil humans made it out to be.
Man is making god into too much of man's image with some of you people! Sheesh, your god sounds more evil than that one you call satan!
Sharkey

United States

#915 Feb 25, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>"You have free will, and I love you all.
But if you don't do what I want, I'm going to torture you for eternity."
*blink*
Crazy how this NEVER gets resolved, right? That's what happens when man makes god into man's own image: it gets UGLY and TWISTED.
God sounds just about as evil and shizophrenic as humans do in this case!
I DON'T think a "god" could be like that at all! It couldn't exist because it's very nature is a clear contradiction.
Love does not = torture, and coercion does not = free will.
Or else - and the religionist will NOT LIKE this one: God must = Satan.
If what the religionist say is true, God = Satan.

Let's see if we will get them to admit THIS.
Sharkey

United States

#916 Feb 25, 2013
<quoted text> Well said.
But he doen's go to your church. He isn't of your faith, so you've already sent him to hell.
Of course you are a hypocrite. Of course. You agree with him now, while stabbing him in the back because he might be going to the wrong church. He sounds like a Christian to me.

You are nothing but a PHONY.
FAAAAAKE.

Since: Jan 13

Kuwait, Kuwait

#917 Feb 25, 2013
oh my I was away for quite some time and have missed so much x)
Sharkey

United States

#918 Feb 25, 2013
<quoted text> Time will obviously not be as you and I are accustomed to here on earth. Jesus said your body will take on a spiritual body to adapt for eternity. The problem we have is we try to rationalize what God does with our minds, and that's ok in some circumstances, but in other circumstances it will be useless.
Jesus was not the first person to make the remark that "you'll become spiritual" to adapt for death. That belief originates in religions all around the world, Christian and non-Christian.
Stop letting your sect isolate you from the rest of the world with this misinformation.
Put down your propoganda and go out and live life and act like you say Jesus would act.
That would include NOT using misinformation to be judgemental and prejudiced against your fellow human beings. That makes you look like a stupid bigot.
JESUS wasn't a stupid bigot, now was he??? Noooo, he's too wise for that!
So don't YOU go making your Jesus look bad!
Sharkey

United States

#919 Feb 25, 2013
<quoted text> Darwin came at a time when science was becoming exciting as it should be , and it blinded them with amazing possibilities, some true and some deadly wrong. People were allured to the false ideal that creation came about in a different way than what the bible said and that we actually had a common ancestor with apes. This seem to be a reason for atheism springing forth as it has, sadly these people traded their soul for a lie.
The bible says that creation came about when once upon a time someone made a whole universe, an earth, humans and animals just appear out of nowhere, as if your god was a wizard with a magic wand and could POOF! things into existance.
You need to grow up and stop believing in MAGIC.
Sharkey

United States

#920 Feb 25, 2013
<quoted text> What kind of proof are you wanting to prove God exsists? Everything that I told you is proof God exsists, like artifacts, manuscripts, eyewitnesses, people dying for him, that is proof. Proof of God is everywhere, look outside your door. I'm really interested in what you consider proof for the exsistence of God ,because all these things I mentioned just didn't happen for nothing, again eyewitnesses even from people that hated him . What do you think all of this is for if not for proof of God. The whole world except for a few people like yourself believe in God. There's more written about God then there is of Darwin or anybody that's ever exsisted and you say that's not proof, that's totally nuts. Rational dialogue is difficult when the person you're talking to believes we have a common ancestor with an ape, rational dialogue with people who think we just came into exsistence by a big bang, never mind a logical answer like a designer, a creator who has a purpose rather than we just happened, that my friend is irrational. So tell me what kind of proof will it take for you to believe. You are aware that God has repeatedly said that those who wish to know him must come to him by faith. Faith is what you use every single day but you refuse to use it to know your creator. When people tell another person about God and after being informed they make a decision to put faith in him because of the knowledge from others, like someone tells you of a doctor that they think is a great doctor, so you go to him because of the good report about him, so you put faith in him to be a great doctor. But you just can't do it for God, how sad that is, the one that can save your soul and you just can't do it.
Manuscripts, eywitnesses, artifacts and everything else you cited is not "proof of god", they're simply artifacts, manuscripts, and eyewitnesses. They've got artifacts, manuscripts, and eyewitnesses for Greek gods, too, so those gods must also be real.

If you really think about it, your creation story sounds a lot like the big bang theory - poof! god put us and the universe here just like that.
It would look just like that.
God = the Big Bang.
The Big Bang = God.

God = Evolution.
Evolution = God.
Sharkey

United States

#921 Feb 25, 2013
<quoted text> I never said evolution explained the origin of life, I was referring to your explanation of how life came to be, like the big false bang being a difference on how I understand the origin of life and how some atheists believe. I've heard atheist say we came from stardust for an example. Which one do you subscribe to?
"And God said, Let there be light! and it came to be."
POOF! And there was light!
Where did that light come from?
A BIG BANG!

The big bang = god.
God = the big bang.

Since: Feb 13

Bedford, OH

#922 Feb 25, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
"Bow down before him"
What a demeaning religion you follow...
Its not demeaning at all if you study the Christian faith you'd know that these lives are not our own we were made for the sole purpose of giving praise to God and glorifying His name through our works. He is my master and I am a servant to Him and obedient to The Word.

No one is free everyone is a slave to something; money, sex, drugs, power etc... I just choose to be a servant to the one that restores my soul and not the one who defiles it

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#923 Feb 26, 2013
CommonSense101_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not demeaning at all if you study the Christian faith you'd know that these lives are not our own we were made for the sole purpose of giving praise to God and glorifying His name through our works. He is my master and I am a servant to Him and obedient to The Word.
No one is free everyone is a slave to something; money, sex, drugs, power etc... I just choose to be a servant to the one that restores my soul and not the one who defiles it
Okay, you just made your religion sound much, much worse.

What a terrible way to live.

Since: Feb 13

Cleveland, OH

#924 Feb 26, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, you just made your religion sound much, much worse.
What a terrible way to live.
No, it's the best way to live, in times like these when godless men rule the earth and the world is on edge. And believe me, a life without God is not one worth living because He is good, and I mean REALLY good. And it sucks that you'll miss out on the greatest love of all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min truth 650,593
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 18 min vikinglovespenis 56,196
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 19 min Neville Thompson 448
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 24 min Life in Leyland 445,931
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 58 min Toby 106,081
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Neville Thompson 44,973
>>> He's Right You Know 1 hr DamNation 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr bad bob 182,967
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 hr Hangman 971,867
More from around the web