Are Atheists Good People?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#64 Jan 27, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
r u crazy XD I meant that pole think for creating a new discussion with voting.
It's a POLL!
christianity is EVIL

West Pubnico, Canada

#65 Jan 27, 2013
Dont_Matter wrote:
Just because someone is atheist doesn NOT mean they think they can steal, or skill, etc... We should not be judge by what you think'! I am atheist and i never stole, killed, etc and i do not think i have a right to just because I do not believe in god. Stop being petty and think about others.
problem is most religious were fed lies about atheists from young age and have no clue about human emphaty
and how it shapes our society

http://atheists.org/content/top-ten-atheist-m...

Since: Jan 13

Kuwait

#66 Jan 27, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Of course I believe in bacteria and microorganisms, why wouldn't I? I can detect bacteria, i can actually see them through a microscope, same with microorganisms. Both of these things can be demonstrated to be part of the naturalistic realm.
If you believe that Adam was the first of our species, then you obvious reject what mainstream science tell us to the the age of our species. Hundreds of thousands of hard working scientists say you are wrong and that the creation of a fully formed modern human is contrary to the FACTS of the evolution of our species. But, if you want to close a blind eye to what science has proven as factual, and insist that a fictitious being scooped up some dirt, blew on it, and out popped a full form human, then you have my sincerest sympathy.
When you make such a positive claim as "God is creator of all creations, matter, energy and all." then you are required to provide evidence of this claim. You may now present your evidence that there is a supreme creator who created everything!!!!......I'll be waiting!!!
You paint our species with a very broad brush. You must have had some terrible experiences to think that ALL HUMANS have the basic instinct of greed, sloth, envy, wrath, lust, and pride (Which I feel is a very nice trait to have.) I personally am extremely prideful of my accomplishments. I am sorry the only people you know have these traits, all of the people I surround myself with harbor none of these traits.
I don't follow animal like instincts because, even though I am an animal, as we all are, I am more civilized than an animal in the wild. Animals do what they do for survival sake, not out of any evil. You apparently know little about nature or you would suggest that animals do things be cause they harbor evil intent.
So if it wasn't for God you would have committed adultery long ago? You apparently do not love your spouse. You are telling me that you as a person, have so little self-control, that without God watching you, you would violate the trust you have between you and your spouse. This is exactly why I feel intense pity toward you!!!
I replied to u at the new thread http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TH2HS7P...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#67 Jan 27, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Real ladies don't use vulgarity. So if you are a "lady" I suggest you speak like one, and not like so much trailer trash!!!
I just been told by Mylan that i should use the F-word more often! He said it sounds romantic when i say it, lol.

Yes sir, right away sir! I'll go back to the normal me!

Kuwait

#69 Jan 27, 2013
btw does it work?
christianity is EVIL

West Pubnico, Canada

#70 Jan 27, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
I wish to know if a sophisticated atheist can be a good person. Good as in does not murder, steal, or cause harm in any way to himself or others. Since Atheists deny the existence of God I see no reason that they must be good. Say I'm an atheist this is how I think...if I can steal this mans money and get away with it why on earth will I say NO!!?? no one can punish me ....
no?
they will just chop off your hands,isnt that what muslims do?

in more civilized countries youll end up in jail,or worse

Kuwait

#71 Jan 27, 2013
@christianityisevil I'll reply to u there
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TH2HS7P...

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#72 Jan 27, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not, I simply opened this discussion thread because I know that there are many atheists out there who are lost or just influenced by others. I wish to open their minds. Being a Muslim it is my job and duty to help out as much as possible. I thank you for your concern. Why do you think I'm trouble?(:
What makes you think that many 'true atheists' are lost, Victor? I can imagine that those who have never thought about God or the possibility of there not being a god, as that was never part of their learning, might find themselves 'lost' in certain situations, but I would think that most people who actually state they are atheists, have actually given a lot of thought to it, because very few today, except for those lost tribes still living in thick jungles of places like Brazil, would go very far in life, without being aware that some men had beliefs in a super being.
Personally, now that I am fairly certain that no God exists, at least not one that man has ever known of, I would be rather disappointed, if I was to die and find that I still existed in some form, even if that form was in paradise.
I frankly do not have a desire to live beyond death. The thought of death does cause me some concern, as I suspect it does all men, because I am not wanting to stop living the worldly life too soon, nor am I wanting perhaps to have a form of death which requires a long period of terrible suffering, as some people have to endure prior to death from various diseases.
But at another level the anticipation of death sort of excites me, because I know it is inevitable and I am curious as to what it is like before all knowledge ends. I think actually I have experienced that twice already, though because I am still alive, obviously I didn't die, but having drowned to the point that, had I not been rescued and resuscitated, I would now actually be dead, I think having lsot consciousness both times, and having no awareness at all until consciousness returned, that I experienced all that I would be aware of had I not been rescued.
Fortunately, as I discovered, drowning is rather a pleasant way of dying if one is absolutely going to die, as the only memory I have of a negative is the panic of not living any longer. I do not recall pain or discomfort.

Kuwait

#73 Jan 27, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Victor would you not think that most people live each day fearing what other men might do to them if they are not good? That is why man has created laws to control the behavior of the society, as man very early in our evolution likely learned that every man doing whatever he wanted as his whims took him did not make for it being very safe.
They learned that other men often would want to kill them, and vice versa, and those who survived an attack perhaps came to the realization that if anything was to be safe involving him, he would also have to make rules that all must follow, and appoint some people to keep those rules, which led to having police.
If a devout Muslim, who follows all of the things required in that faith, is crossing a street, is he thinking about what God might do to him if he doesn't look before doing so, or if in a car he doesn't obey the traffic laws, or is he thinking about what the local police will do to him if they catch him "misbehaving"? My guess is that on a 24/7 basis most of us, regardless of whether we believe in a god, or not, are doing what we are suppose to do, or not suppose to do, based on how other men will perceive our actions.
"Victor would you not think that most people live each day fearing what other men might do to them if they are not good?" what I meant was a genius atheist..or an extremely rich one who can do what he pleases and afford the best lawyer to cover up after him.

...somehow the new pole is screwed and keeps disappearing ><

"is he thinking about what God might do to him if he doesn't look before doing so, or if in a car he doesn't obey the traffic laws, or is he thinking about what the local police will do to him if they catch him "misbehaving"? ofcourse he won't think about God, at that time, we cannot always think of God in everything, simply because it is tiresome, howveer we never forget him. However for an atheist why would he behave if he can avoid the police or is above the law, with a believer he will fear God and simply won't..

Kuwait

#74 Jan 27, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I am affected by my being a Christian for most of my life, and in my learning as a Christian, so I can't speak as one who has never had a belief in a god, but I am interested, now that I don't believe there is a god, in being accepted by my fellow man, because it is them that I have to deal with on a daily basis.
It is actually a burden lifted from one's shoulders, IMO, when and if one becomes a non-believer, because you no longer have to wonder "what will God think?". It is similar to when one is a child in a society which celebrates Christmas to find out that Santa does not exist, so that you don't really have to be good all the time or Santa won't bring any toys this year.
If I was an American in some of their states, and I decided taht I wanted to kill another human being, I would be afraid of facing the death penalty, rather than what God would think about that.
That has to be what every person who is a believer has to deal with when he becomes a soldier too, because soldiers are trained to kill other human beings, and if one believes in God, then many of the faiths believe that God says that killing other humans is a sin.
We can break God's laws in that case and not be condemned by our fellow countrymen, because our country expects us to kill in war. I highly doubt, if there was a God, and he had a rule that killing is wrong, he would make exceptions that man could kill as long as man first declared war.
Santa Claus...This fictional character was created by non-muslims in other words we never tell our children into believing such fallacies such as halloween, easter, and other stuff you created.

War..It is wrong in my religion to declare wars for any reason whatsoever, back at mohammed's time it was a differnet case since he was ordered by God to directly spread the Islam not with violence but with preaching, yet they stoned him, threw glasses at near his home and many of them treated him badly, he never declared war. He only fought at war when he had no chance, As it is in Islam that we must fight self defense is not permitted but a MUST as it is forbidden to commit suicide or expose your body in harms way.

Kuwait

#75 Jan 27, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I occasionally grow weary of dealing with the Godbot mentality. I don't try to explain myself to stupid people, I'm not the jackass whisperer. Don't you just love this....."Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe and all things in it, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet and they have to touch it to be sure." Go figure....Godbots!!!!!!!!
since the new thread does not work I'll continue here.

Look into the sun, you won't because it damages your eyes. How do you expect to see the creator if you cannot even see the created...?

Kuwait

#76 Jan 27, 2013
@Booooots "Personally, now that I am fairly certain that no God exists, at least not one that man has ever known of, I would be rather disappointed, if I was to die and find that I still existed in some form, even if that form was in paradise." your quite odd in fact the first atheist whom I encountered said such a thing o_O
Why won't u be happy paradise is better than here in every way.
You say that you love logic correct? therefore I have bad news for you. Have a look at pascal's wager I believe you'd be disappointing in what you are right now.
"form of death which requires a long period of terrible suffering, as some people have to endure prior to death from various diseases." that is what you think death is not suffering unless you lose your devotion towards god. Diseases, cancer who strike the infants. What do u think about those? I have mentioned this before in the thread sadly I can't find my post...I'll try and be brief. A child becoming sick is also a test...You must be thankful to Allah Always in everytime of happyness and suffering read. That small child having cancer or anything first of all. Gets into heaven if he dies. Second it lives, the child will have a stronger will and patience than you. Third as I said it is a test for you..will you curse God or accept what God does. God has brought you this child, it is not YOURS sure u worked a little but the rest was a blessing to you, he has simply taken it back. Plus there are always advantages to everything. for instance someone who is blind is refrained from sinning through his eyes. Someone who is deaf can not overhear or spy with his ears. I'm not saying its better, but there are always reasons that are far beyond our reasoning. The problem here is that you always try to compare yourselves to God, just because we are intelligent beings, do not forget who is your creator. If you created sand can it surpass you in shape and figure? God has created you and your brain therefore you will never surpass or even come near him by your wisdom. Unless HE has allowed it.
And that child who is sick is never left or forgotten, God watches all and loves those who keep their divinity towards him. In your case your saying the cry of the lonely oppressed ones is never heard and the oppressor gets away with it...sadly this gives atheists some evil ideas since they don't believe in God..this is another discussion anyways lastly this is also a sign of Gods powers that even the new born can be defected yet they can still live happily, for example look at Nick Vujicic he has tetra amelia syndrome but he is one of the happyist of the happyists out there. How do you reply to that?
Also it is part of life cycle yes, I mean people like you think its better and better if doctors keep on finding cures and antidotes for living and living as much as possible, but have you asked yourself why diseases exist then? Its not nice thinking this way but its true (you like this idea..) diseases help lower the population which help in sooooooo many things u can think of.
tell me, did Aristotel and Newton and others have fasts back then? no they were thinking much beyond facts until then they managed to prove what they had. You are now like the men back then who think that we are loons but on the day of judgement the exact will happen to was newton and others proved many ages ago.

Location hidden

#77 Jan 27, 2013
In a perfect world we'd all appreciate that we are individuals, with our own definitive, unique thought process. We all have different faiths and beliefs. I will never understand debating religion. No one is ever going to convince me that there isn't a God, nor will I ever be able to convince my Atheist friends that there is.

With that said though, I would never try. I respect a person's right to be who they are and to believe what they want! I am actually fascinated with my Atheist, Pagan, Wiccan, Catholic, and Jewish friends. I love hearing their stories and perspectives. It's a very diverse world we live in.

Kuwait

#78 Jan 27, 2013
Kellieash wrote:
In a perfect world we'd all appreciate that we are individuals, with our own definitive, unique thought process. We all have different faiths and beliefs. I will never understand debating religion. No one is ever going to convince me that there isn't a God, nor will I ever be able to convince my Atheist friends that there is.
With that said though, I would never try. I respect a person's right to be who they are and to believe what they want! I am actually fascinated with my Atheist, Pagan, Wiccan, Catholic, and Jewish friends. I love hearing their stories and perspectives. It's a very diverse world we live in.
True, but I also try my best to awaken people and save them from the false path. Yes I respect their decisions, but I could try negotiating, as I now am willing to become an atheist myself if some atheist can prove to me 100% the non-existence of God.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#79 Jan 27, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
r u crazy XD I meant that pole think for creating a new discussion with voting.
That would be a poll, U know like Gish Gallop Poll? LOL A pole is like a telephone pole!

UK

#80 Jan 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> That would be a poll, U know like Gish Gallop Poll? LOL A pole is like a telephone pole!
yes I understood already replied to her.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#81 Jan 27, 2013
Some are, some are not.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#82 Jan 27, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
since the new thread does not work I'll continue here.
Look into the sun, you won't because it damages your eyes. How do you expect to see the creator if you cannot even see the created...?
What the hell does looking at the sun have to do with a fictitious being? I can very well look at the sun, cosmologists do it all the time, you look through a filter. The sun is a star, and is formed as all stars are formed, there is no magic involved. Do you know how stars are formed? There are trillions of them and all are formed the same was. I'm beginning to suspect that you know very little science, is that so?
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#83 Jan 27, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but I also try my best to awaken people and save them from the false path. Yes I respect their decisions, but I could try negotiating, as I now am willing to become an atheist myself if some atheist can prove to me 100% the non-existence of God.
You just might become an Atheist if you use reason and logic combined with some science. What seems more probable to you:

1.) That hundreds of thousands of hard working, highly intelligent, dedicated scientist, have provided irrefutable evidence through fossil records and radiometric dating, that the process of evolution is simply a fact. It is something that 99% of scientists world wide accept. That in 2009 there were 135,000 articles in reputable science journals and periodical in complete support of evolution, and there were ZERO articles refuting the findings of these scientist.

OR

2.) The Theory of evolution is false because an ancient book claims that an imaginary being scooped up some dirt and blew on it and a full formed male human magically appeared?

Is it POSSIBLE in your mind, using reason and logic, that this many scientist, many who have spent their lives in research, could be so wrong about the history of our species?

Kuwait, Kuwait

#84 Jan 27, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>What the hell does looking at the sun have to do with a fictitious being? I can very well look at the sun, cosmologists do it all the time, you look through a filter. The sun is a star, and is formed as all stars are formed, there is no magic involved. Do you know how stars are formed? There are trillions of them and all are formed the same was. I'm beginning to suspect that you know very little science, is that so?
Your missing the point first of all I meant with the naked eye, second you have just opened up a conflict I was waiting for. Do you now need some sort of filter to see God???? you keep on stating u need to see God yet you cannot even see the created, you need some sort of device to aid you..well let me tell you this no divice will ever enable you to see god u know why? Not because he does not exist but because you are inferior to HIM.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 11 min Chilli J 41,856
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Robert F 989,736
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr wherearethegods 690,403
Trump's "Russia Worries" louder than the noon sun 3 hr Doctor REALITY 16
Would the world have been better off...without ... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 11
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 hr Tony 6,595
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 11 hr Big Al 565
More from around the web