|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. That's be like thinking that love & hate don't exist....
Love and hate are emotions evoked from certain brain chemistry configurations. They can be seen and measured when these emotions are invoked. So we can measure Love and/or Hate. Not so much for your God .... nothing at all actually.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
Love and hate are emotions evoked from certain brain chemistry configurations. They can be seen and measured when these emotions are invoked. So we can measure Love and/or Hate.
Oh ya? Prove it. Then prove you love your mom.

If its demonstrable, demonstrate it.
Not so much for your God .... nothing at all actually.
Oh ya? Prove it.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No way!! That is so cool! A car sized multi billion dollar machine drilled a 2-1/2" hole in a rock!!
Dayum, know we know how old Mars is.
Yup.
Luddite.

And we already know the age of Mars - we have pieces of it here on Earth.

Stop pretending to be stupid - it's redundant.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Oh ya? Prove it. Then prove you love your mom.
If its demonstrable, demonstrate it.
What are you? Like 12? Buy me an MRI machine first. I'll wait.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Oh ya? Prove it.
The fact that you desperately want your God to exist and desperately want to find supporting evidence, but can not. THAT is my proof.

What do you have? Nothing I bet!

Me 2, you zip!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Luddite.
And we already know the age of Mars - we have pieces of it here on Earth.
Stop pretending to be stupid - it's redundant.
Luddite? Monkey wrench? Sabo? Sabotage?

We already "assume" the age of Mars....

You're welcome.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
What are you? Like 12? Buy me an MRI machine first. I'll wait.
You could've just said "I can't prove it to you."......

Because you can't. An MRI will show impulses, but not the emotion.

Try again?
The fact that you desperately want your God to exist and desperately want to find supporting evidence, but can not. THAT is my proof.
What do you have? Nothing I bet!
Me 2, you zip!
HA !
I ain't looking for proof, son. You are.

God has proven Himself to me already.

It's your turn.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Love and hate are emotions evoked from certain brain chemistry configurations. They can be seen and measured when these emotions are invoked. So we can measure Love and/or Hate. Not so much for your God .... nothing at all actually.
Love is complicated, lust or attraction is a chemical reaction. Love can be calculated like an equation.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You could've just said "I can't prove it to you."......
Because you can't. An MRI will show impulses, but not the emotion.
Try again?
<quoted text>
HA !
I ain't looking for proof, son. You are.
God has proven Himself to me already.
It's your turn.
Right, and you can't see your hand, you can only see the light bouncing off of it. In the same way your hand can be "seen" emotion can be measured.

You've got no verifiable proof of your God at all, just an overly active imagination, but no magic sky daddy.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Love is complicated, lust or attraction is a chemical reaction. Love can be calculated like an equation.
Yes, I think you are right, it can be.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
Right, and you can't see your hand, you can only see the light bouncing off of it. In the same way your hand can be "seen" emotion can be measured.
Fine. Then measure your love for your mom & demonstrate it.

You make it sound so simple...
You've got no verifiable proof of your God at all, just an overly active imagination, but no magic sky daddy.
You're really reaching now, booger.

It's kinda cute.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Fine. Then measure your love for your mom & demonstrate it.
You make it sound so simple...
I'm still waiting for that MRI machine you promised.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You're really reaching now, booger.
It's kinda cute.
I really hope you are a guy, otherwise I'd have to consider becoming gay.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, let's dance.
Your very first assertion is wrong. You said "God created light before he created the sun. Inconsistent."
Are you really that ignorant to think that the sun is the only source of light? Ever hear of ultraviolet light, infrared light, radio waves or X-rays? Why do you stop your mind when the light isn't visible?
God had at His fingertips many options to accomplish His purposes. Light does not automatically require the sun.
Since your first guess is wrong, logic dictates that they're all wrong.
Dance? shit you don't even know where the dance is being held let alone participate. Once again your scientific ignorance is o display for all to see.

Where do you think ultraviolet light comes from? How about infrared light? X-rays?.....well....come on....you can do it.....it rhymes with....done.....no......sound s like......fun.....nothing..... you dumb ass its the SUN. Everything but radio waves comes from the SUN, and BTW, radio wave don't produce LIGHT. You are one dumb ass moron!!! It's hard to believe anyone in this day and age could be so..........sorry, the only word that can describe you is....just plain..."Stupid."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Dance? shit you don't even know where the dance is being held let alone participate. Once again your scientific ignorance is o display for all to see.
Where do you think ultraviolet light comes from? How about infrared light? X-rays?.....well....come on....you can do it.....it rhymes with....done.....no......sound s like......fun.....nothing..... you dumb ass its the SUN. Everything but radio waves comes from the SUN, and BTW, radio wave don't produce LIGHT. You are one dumb ass moron!!! It's hard to believe anyone in this day and age could be so..........sorry, the only word that can describe you is....just plain..."Stupid."
You love yourself too much.

You really think the only source of ultraviolet light, infrared light & X-rays is from the sun?

Are you certain that radio waves don't produce light?

You sure you don't wanna just go ahead & concede now?
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You love yourself too much.
You really think the only source of ultraviolet light, infrared light & X-rays is from the sun?
Are you certain that radio waves don't produce light?
You sure you don't wanna just go ahead & concede now?
Prior to the existence of Man, show me other sources of ultraviolet light, inferred light, and X-rays, other than the sun.....ready....set....GO!!! Next how radio waves product light. Remember this is all prior to man. And yes, I think very highly of myself. It comes from not feeling that I have to grovel before a celestial dictator. It also helps if you don't fall for that bullshit about being born a miserable sinner. Not thinking ones self as a member of the flock, or sheep, also helps.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
Prior to the existence of Man, show me other sources of ultraviolet light, inferred light, and X-rays, other than the sun.....ready....set....GO!!!
God.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
God.
HA HA BWAAAAAAAA!!!!! This is exactly the answer one would get from a delusional scientifically illiterate moron!!! Study boy, study>>>>ha a a ha ha

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>HA HA BWAAAAAAAA!!!!! This is exactly the answer one would get from a delusional scientifically illiterate moron!!! Study boy, study>>>>ha a a ha ha
Oh, I see.

Your arrogant little mind stops when you try to fathom that humans don't create everything.....

I notice you ignored the part if my post where I asked you about radio waves giving off light.

Odd....

Since: May 11

Reality, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, let's dance.
Your very first assertion is wrong. You said "God created light before he created the sun. Inconsistent."
Are you really that ignorant to think that the sun is the only source of light? Ever hear of ultraviolet light, infrared light, radio waves or X-rays? Why do you stop your mind when the light isn't visible?
God had at His fingertips many options to accomplish His purposes. Light does not automatically require the sun.
Since your first guess is wrong, logic dictates that they're all wrong.
Nice try but let's enter the wayback machine and view this from the authors of the buybull, specifically Moses. When the buybull was written, they had no concept whatsoeer of UV or IR light or any other electromagnetic forms of light, only that which they could see. And even if you would like to use the arguement "god spoke to Moses", I am betting that he didn't give him a lesson in UV light.
Also UV light comes from the sun or the stars and "god" didn't create those until the 4th day as opposed to his creating light on the 1st day.
Your arguement is less than weak and is only grasp at air when in reality there is no life ring available.

So please feel free to reach for that life ring with the other inconsistencies...I do have more if you wish for me to add them.
And, since your answer was lame and incorrect, "logic dictates" that you will provide answers for the other inconsistencies. Or you could even try to convince the audience that the mass murder by your "god" with a "great flood" isn't a horror story....let's here you turn that into a happy story to tell kids before bedtime.

Have a great day!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

USN Atheist wrote:
Nice try but let's enter the wayback machine and view this from the authors of the buybull, specifically Moses. When the buybull was written, they had no concept whatsoeer of UV or IR light or any other electromagnetic forms of light, only that which they could see. And even if you would like to use the arguement "god spoke to Moses", I am betting that he didn't give him a lesson in UV light.
Isn't it neat that Moses somehow knew all that loooong before anyone else did?
Also UV light comes from the sun or the stars and "god" didn't create those until the 4th day as opposed to his creating light on the 1st day.
Genesis 3:3 And God said,“Let there be light,” and there was light.

What light? Where's it come from?

Modern biblical commentators look at the light of Genesis 1:3 as God’s initial act of bringing order to chaos. Darkness is part of the pre-existing chaotic condition of the cosmos. God’s first move is to subdue it by introducing light.

You "skeptics" readily accept a "big bang" that produced a lot of light (without suns), but try to deny God's power. He doesn't need a sun to produce light.

Even today, humans have technology that can artificially create UV light, you accept that. But you don't accept that God can create it, too.

Odd...

You "skeptics" will argue that the only light source "HAS" to be the sun.
So please feel free to reach for that life ring with the other inconsistencies...I do have more if you wish for me to add them.
And, since your answer was lame and incorrect, "logic dictates" that you will provide answers for the other inconsistencies. Or you could even try to convince the audience that the mass murder by your "god" with a "great flood" isn't a horror story....let's here you turn that into a happy story to tell kids before bedtime.
Have a great day!
My answer is correct.

You're assertion that the Bible is inconsistent because there was no sun in Genesis 1:3 there "couldn't have been light" is wrong.

Next/

Since: May 11

Reality, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it neat that Moses somehow knew all that loooong before anyone else did?
<quoted text>
Genesis 3:3 And God said,“Let there be light,” and there was light.
What light? Where's it come from?
Modern biblical commentators look at the light of Genesis 1:3 as God’s initial act of bringing order to chaos. Darkness is part of the pre-existing chaotic condition of the cosmos. God’s first move is to subdue it by introducing light.
You "skeptics" readily accept a "big bang" that produced a lot of light (without suns), but try to deny God's power. He doesn't need a sun to produce light.
Even today, humans have technology that can artificially create UV light, you accept that. But you don't accept that God can create it, too.
Odd...
You "skeptics" will argue that the only light source "HAS" to be the sun.
<quoted text>
My answer is correct.
You're assertion that the Bible is inconsistent because there was no sun in Genesis 1:3 there "couldn't have been light" is wrong.
Next/
Not touching on the other arguements? However if you word the arguements of those as you are doing here you will not be doing yourself a favor.
Personally I think you are only arguing for the sake of arguement, you have an ego that you do not want to see crumble, that along with your clinging to the belief that your "god" is real in the sense that something is real, tangible, provable etc. of which it is not, your descriptions here tell that in itself.

Have your "god" by all means, relish in it, enjoy it, love it. But please don't think for a second that your attempt at proving your "god" comes off in any sense as being plausible or believable.

Now, how about those other inconsistencies and myths?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

411 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Word + 2 7 min andet1987 18
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 15 min CunningLinguist 224,019
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min Just Sayin 532,427
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 21 min I LOVE TORTURING ATHEISTS 720,200
*ISRAEL-Gaza "will NOT erupt" in All-OUT WAR 25 min Cisco Kid 2
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 26 min andet1987 856
truth is out 32 min Cisco Kid 4
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Le_le 172,263
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Dr_Zorderz 256,380
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 7 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••