Are Atheists Good People?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#680 Feb 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know that. Those stats are wrong.
Most people "find God" when in sure straights. Prison is no exception
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as they think it'll shorten their sentence.
Correct.

So trying to say that "most inmates in America are religious" is bullshit.

They're lying thiefs, murderes, pedos, drugs users & sellers, etc. They'll say anything if they think it'll help them.
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#681 Feb 11, 2013
PAradoxically IRONIC! Our American Sheeooople need to wake up US corrupted in power is ruining US AND WORLD WITH US WAR MACHINES!

This Is What our US right wing Christian nation stand for

US iNTERNATIONAL WAR CRIMES & CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY -

UNITED STATES WAR & INTERVENTIONS
MILITARY INTERVENTIONS, COVERT OPERATIONS, COUPS AND ATTEMPTED COUPS, ELECTION INTERFERENCE, REGIME CHANGE, COLOR REVOLUTIONS
Hiroshima and Nagasaki (Japan), Philippines, South Korea, Lebanon, Iran, Guatemala, Cuba, Congo/Zaire, Brazil,
Greece, Poland, Turkey, Dominican Republic, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Indonesia, Chile, Angola, East TImor, Nicaragua,
Grenada, Panama, Kyrgyzstan, Haiti, Yugoslavia, Georgia, Ukraine, Argentina, Ghana, Venezuela, Bolivia, Hondoras,
Paraguay, Mexico, El Salvador, Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan, Somalia, Pakistan, Yemen, Tunesia, Egypt, Libya, Syria,...

"If Nuremberg were applied, then every post-war American president would have been hanged."
Noam Chomsky

Above is just tip of iceberg of US evils as Christian nation, not include are US wars since the inception of a US militaristic .US imperialistic Empire !

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#682 Feb 11, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord." -Adolf Hitler (Mein Kampf)
Hitler was a christian.
"was" being the key word.

Like may of the Topix atheists, Hitler dropped his religion.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#683 Feb 11, 2013
Mitch wrote:
Look in the mirror. What else could have created us?
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Evolution.
DUH!!!
What created evolution?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#684 Feb 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry, everything I posted was factual. What don't you see a fact?
1.) There was abundant water on Mars?
2.) Mars is older than the Earth?
3.) Asteroids that impact larger bodies propel material into space?
4.) Microorganisms are able to survive in extremely hostile conditions?
LMAO!!! You've got yourself convinced, huh?

Question - How old is Mars? HOw do you know?

(because astronomers don't know for sure, but blacklagoon does)

Please don't say 4.5 billion years old....

Since: May 11

Reality, USA

#685 Feb 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Mitch wrote:
Look in the mirror. What else could have created us?
<quoted text>
What created evolution?
Evolution is a process (and a continuing one at that) not a "creation".

What created your "god"?

:)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#686 Feb 11, 2013
USN Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is a process (and a continuing one at that) not a "creation".
What created your "god"?
Nothing. God has always existed.

But it's good to see that you're starting to believe.

Reality, USA

#687 Feb 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing. God has always existed.
But it's good to see that you're starting to believe.
Silly rabbit....

I believed once, never again, especially if your "god" is the one written about in the buybull.
Why one would (a.) call that a "god" and (b.) worship something so misogynistic, hypocritical, narcissistic and non-omniscient is beyond me.

Although I do partially agree with your response...yes, a "god" has always existed - in the mind of man - and it has been called thousands of names. Your "god" is no different.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#688 Feb 11, 2013
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
PAradoxically IRONIC! Our American Sheeooople need to wake up US corrupted in power is ruining US AND WORLD WITH US WAR MACHINES!
This Is What our US right wing Christian nation stand for
US iNTERNATIONAL WAR CRIMES & CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY -
UNITED STATES WAR & INTERVENTIONS
MILITARY INTERVENTIONS, COVERT OPERATIONS, COUPS AND ATTEMPTED COUPS, ELECTION INTERFERENCE, REGIME CHANGE, COLOR REVOLUTIONS
Hiroshima and Nagasaki (Japan), Philippines, South Korea, Lebanon, Iran, Guatemala, Cuba, Congo/Zaire, Brazil,
Greece, Poland, Turkey, Dominican Republic, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Indonesia, Chile, Angola, East TImor, Nicaragua,
Grenada, Panama, Kyrgyzstan, Haiti, Yugoslavia, Georgia, Ukraine, Argentina, Ghana, Venezuela, Bolivia, Hondoras,
Paraguay, Mexico, El Salvador, Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan, Somalia, Pakistan, Yemen, Tunesia, Egypt, Libya, Syria,...
"If Nuremberg were applied, then every post-war American president would have been hanged."
Noam Chomsky
Above is just tip of iceberg of US evils as Christian nation, not include are US wars since the inception of a US militaristic .US imperialistic Empire !
Shut up stupid, and get to the back of the line.
What are you Chinese or something?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#689 Feb 11, 2013
USN Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly rabbit....
I believed once, never again, especially if your "god" is the one written about in the buybull.
Why one would (a.) call that a "god" and (b.) worship something so misogynistic, hypocritical, narcissistic and non-omniscient is beyond me.
Although I do partially agree with your response...yes, a "god" has always existed - in the mind of man - and it has been called thousands of names. Your "god" is no different.
Very typical atheist. I did not wrote "a "god" has always existed", I wrote "God has always existed".

You people cherry pick every damn thing you can, as long as it suits your argument & makes you feel better.

That's probably why you stopped believing in God, your ego got in the way. You couldn't handle something being better than you.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#690 Feb 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!!! You've got yourself convinced, huh?
Question - How old is Mars? HOw do you know?
(because astronomers don't know for sure, but blacklagoon does)
Please don't say 4.5 billion years old....
Ok its NOT 4.5 billion years old, its 4.6 billion years old.

How do scientists determine the age of a meteorite? Mainly by studying the minerals found within them, lead isotopes to be specific. Uranium has been found to decay into certain isotopes of lead on a predictable schedule. Uranium235 will decay into the isotope Lead207 every 7.13×108 years and is used in radiometric dating. Scientist also know that uranium238 will decay into Lead206 every 4.468×109(4.468 billion) years. The presence of the lead daughter isotopes gives scientists a clue into the age of a meteorite.
A relatively large number of meteorites have been found on Earth. Each has been tested along with various rocks that are original to our planet. Samples from the Moon were tested as well. The results all show an approximate age of 4.6 billion years. That has led scientist to state that all of the material(this includes planets) in the Solar System is 4.6 billion years old. So, by extrapolation, the answer to ”how old is Mars?” is 4.6 billion years old.

Read more: http://www.universetoday.com/14852/how-old-is...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#691 Feb 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Ok its NOT 4.5 billion years old, its 4.6 billion years old.
How do scientists determine the age of a meteorite? Mainly by studying the minerals found within them, lead isotopes to be specific. Uranium has been found to decay into certain isotopes of lead on a predictable schedule. Uranium235 will decay into the isotope Lead207 every 7.13×108 years and is used in radiometric dating. Scientist also know that uranium238 will decay into Lead206 every 4.468×109(4.468 billion) years. The presence of the lead daughter isotopes gives scientists a clue into the age of a meteorite.
A relatively large number of meteorites have been found on Earth. Each has been tested along with various rocks that are original to our planet. Samples from the Moon were tested as well. The results all show an approximate age of 4.6 billion years. That has led scientist to state that all of the material(this includes planets) in the Solar System is 4.6 billion years old. So, by extrapolation, the answer to ”how old is Mars?” is 4.6 billion years old.
Read more: http://www.universetoday.com/14852/how-old-is...
Right. That gives the approximate age of a meteor, but you claimed to know the age of Mars, not a random meteor.....

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#692 Feb 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. That gives the approximate age of a meteor, but you claimed to know the age of Mars, not a random meteor.....
The age of this solar system and all planets in it, is believed to be approximately 4.6 billions years. Though we do know it is possible
for rouge planets and asteroids to be captured by the gravity of our sun, we have found nothing older than 4.6 so far.

“Behave Yourself”

Since: Jul 07

Fort Worth, Texas

#693 Feb 11, 2013
USN Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly rabbit....
Good luck getting some of our stubborn posters to understand this. Good post.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#694 Feb 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, dear.

We have material from Mars to test, silly.

http://www2.jpl.nasa.gov/snc/

Didn't you know that?

Reality, USA

#695 Feb 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Very typical atheist. I did not wrote "a "god" has always existed", I wrote "God has always existed".
You people cherry pick every damn thing you can, as long as it suits your argument & makes you feel better.
That's probably why you stopped believing in God, your ego got in the way. You couldn't handle something being better than you.
Were your creation (god) infallible, one would not have the opportunity to cherry pick, there would be no misunderstandings or questions. But since your buybull is the only "recording" of your "god" and it does contain many inconsistencies, untruths (lies), fables, feel good as well as horror stories - it is easy to look at it and to, at a minimum, question it's content.

As for "ego", there are many things on this world that are better than me, fairy tales are not one of them though Hans Christian Andersen did write some humdingers.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#696 Feb 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Try reading this again, only this time r e a l s l o w........Were does it say "approximate age?" Were does it say "random meteor?" If you read very carefully and PAY ATTENTION you will see how the age of Mars is determined. Try real hard, there will be a test!!!!!!! I do love to watch you try and wiggle out of these things. Too funny!!!!!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#697 Feb 12, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The age of this solar system and all planets in it, is believed to be approximately 4.6 billions years. Though we do know it is possible
for rouge planets and asteroids to be captured by the gravity of our sun, we have found nothing older than 4.6 so far.
Perhaps the age of the solar system is 4.6 billions years old.

Perhaps our measuring equipment is faulty. Why is everything the exact same age.......

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#698 Feb 12, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Try reading this again, only this time r e a l s l o w........Were does it say "approximate age?" Were does it say "random meteor?" If you read very carefully and PAY ATTENTION you will see how the age of Mars is determined. Try real hard, there will be a test!!!!!!! I do love to watch you try and wiggle out of these things. Too funny!!!!!
What's funny is your inability to read properly. Again, YOUR link said this:

"Today, scientists believe that Mars, and the remainder of the Solar System formed about 4.6 billion years ago from the solar nebula.

Since no one has ever retrieved a piece of Martian rock for study, this assumption is arrived at by studying meteorites, Moon rocks, and the oldest rocks here on Earth."

http://www.universetoday.com/14852/how-old-is...

"scientists believe"

"this assumption is...."

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#699 Feb 12, 2013
USN Atheist wrote:
Were your creation (god) infallible, one would not have the opportunity to cherry pick, there would be no misunderstandings or questions. But since your buybull is the only "recording" of your "god" and it does contain many inconsistencies, untruths (lies), fables, feel good as well as horror stories - it is easy to look at it and to, at a minimum, question it's content.
As for "ego", there are many things on this world that are better than me, fairy tales are not one of them though Hans Christian Andersen did write some humdingers.
Another typical atheist response....

Conrary to what your little atheist propaganda websites say, the Bible doesn't have any "inconsistencies, untruths (lies), fables, feel good as well as horror stories".

I was always fond of The Little Mermaid & The Ugly Duckling stories.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min oneear69 47,737
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min The Hangman 971,544
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 12 min Classic 3,674
how long after taking the Vivitrol shot can i f... (Nov '12) 36 min Baby-j2cra 164
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 39 min 2all 646,307
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 44 min WasteWater 2,004
Ladies, what is the sexual act you most enjoy? 47 min Mustang GT Girl 4
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 2 hr oneear69 38,711
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 hr Ficken Facts 105,566
More from around the web