Are Atheists Good People?

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#660 Feb 9, 2013
Normand Guay wrote:
<quoted text>--- Repeat, yes they need to repent.
Repent for what?

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#661 Feb 9, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
So then inanimate chemicals can evolve into living organisms with no creator required!
Nice!!
This I do think is possible, and it may be some virus strains are doing just that.
Normand Guay

Winnipeg, Canada

#662 Feb 10, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Repent for what?
--- Ooogah, repent for sin, which is the breaking of GOD'S 10 COMMANDMENTS... Read 1 John 3 in the HOLY SCRIPTURES and you will find out what sin is... Thankyou, meet you in Heaven...

“A witty saying proves nothing”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#663 Feb 10, 2013
Normand Guay wrote:
<quoted text>--- Ooogah, repent for sin, which is the breaking of GOD'S 10 COMMANDMENTS... Read 1 John 3 in the HOLY SCRIPTURES and you will find out what sin is... Thankyou, meet you in Heaven...
Just curious... does your day job by any chance, consist of standing on a busy street corner wearing a white jesus robe and sandals holding a "Repent" sign and handing out pamphlets about the end being near?
Normand Guay

Winnipeg, Canada

#664 Feb 10, 2013
--- Clark, my job is a Prayer Warior because I want All peoples to be saved and to meet them in Heaven and JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY WAY...Thankyou, GOD Bless...

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#665 Feb 10, 2013
Normand Guay wrote:
--- Clark, my job is a Prayer Warior because I want All peoples to be saved and to meet them in Heaven and JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY WAY...Thankyou, GOD Bless...
A "prayer warrior"?

Good grief....

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#666 Feb 10, 2013
Clark Griswold wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious... does your day job by any chance, consist of standing on a busy street corner wearing a white jesus robe and sandals holding a "Repent" sign and handing out pamphlets about the end being near?
Kinda puts one in mind of the costumed ElfLords one sees at Comicon and Fantasycon events - some of 'em really, really Believe.

Or the D&D types who used to take it waayyyy too seriously - there was a Tom Hanks movie, back in the day. "Mazes and Monsters", maybe?
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#667 Feb 10, 2013
Normand Guay wrote:
i have a great job for you. You can become the official "Prayer warrior" for the amputee's of the world. Better get busy, so far NO prayers have been answered from them. But I'm sure as a "Prayer warrior" that you'll be successful. Lets us know how many amputee's have had their limbs regenerated after having you, The Prayer warrior, pray for them. rotflmao!!!!!!!!!!

The Borderland of Sol

#668 Feb 10, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>i have a great job for you. You can become the official "Prayer warrior" for the amputee's of the world. Better get busy, so far NO prayers have been answered from them. But I'm sure as a "Prayer warrior" that you'll be successful. Lets us know how many amputee's have had their limbs regenerated after having you, The Prayer warrior, pray for them. rotflmao!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe start smaller?

I'd purely love to regain the lost nerve function in my left arm.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#669 Feb 10, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
I'd purely love to regain the lost nerve function in my left arm.
Depends on why it was lost but they are making great strides in this area.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/articles/9890/201...

The Borderland of Sol

#670 Feb 10, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Depends on why it was lost but they are making great strides in this area.
http://www.medicaldaily.com/articles/9890/201...
Incident with a high-speed stone-moving conveyor belt. Twenty-something years ago.

Location hidden

#671 Feb 10, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
Incident with a high-speed stone-moving conveyor belt. Twenty-something years ago.
St. John's Wort and Kava are good for nerve generation but 20 years is a long time to wait so no promises :p

The Borderland of Sol

#672 Feb 10, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text> St. John's Wort and Kava are good for nerve generation but 20 years is a long time to wait so no promises :p
Meh. I'm used to it now.
Although I still resent not being able to play guitar any more.

Location hidden

#673 Feb 10, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
You could try using your other hand. That would in fact extend your life and reduce your chances of Alzheimer's according to recent research. Music is such a gift. Would be a shame to lose it.
GenoGirl

Inverness, UK

#674 Feb 10, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
I wish to know if a sophisticated atheist can be a good person. Good as in does not murder, steal, or cause harm in any way to himself or others. Since Atheists deny the existence of God I see no reason that they must be good. Say I'm an atheist this is how I think...if I can steal this mans money and get away with it why on earth will I say NO!!?? no one can punish me and I'll just be happy who cares if he is sad why would I have feelings for him? if he is sad why must I be sad, am I the one being sad or him? screw him let him be sad I'll just do it..Therefore, if an Atheist is a genius and cunning he will satisfy his desires with no remorse. He will kill steal do anything since there is no God.
If there is a an Atheist who is a good person he is a dumb ass because he can cheat and trick do whatever he wants without getting punished unless caught. Or not a complete Atheist meaning he still doubts the deny of God. If your an Atheist and have some feelings that you fear or anything it simply means you fell the presence of God but your just too scared to admit it.
That's why sophisticated Atheists are technically evil men and cannot be trusted, since they do not love God and fear his wrath.
Actually they can be good, depending on how well they were raised just like everyone else, a few of my online friends are probably Atheists but they are good people and they also like similar everyday stuff to me too. just because they dont have a faith doesnt mean they are evil or stupid, its their choice on what they beleive in.I suppose there are quite a few christain that think they can change their bbeleifs, but I for one wont do that

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#675 Feb 10, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Meh. I'm used to it now.
Improvise Adapt and Overcome.

The Borderland of Sol

#676 Feb 10, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>You could try using your other hand. That would in fact extend your life and reduce your chances of Alzheimer's according to recent research. Music is such a gift. Would be a shame to lose it.
Oh, I did that - but I still can't pick. That takes a lot more motor control in the picking fingers than I have.
Strumming gets boring.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#677 Feb 11, 2013
Normand Guay wrote:
<quoted text>--- Ooogah, repent for sin, which is the breaking of GOD'S 10 COMMANDMENTS... Read 1 John 3 in the HOLY SCRIPTURES and you will find out what sin is... Thankyou, meet you in Heaven...
Sin is Self Inflicted Nonsense. You have no evidence there is a God or a Heaven of any sort.

Read 1 Corinthians 2:14

You are deluded by 2000 years old goat herder fables.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#678 Feb 11, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>No they're not. Read 'em and weep religious slave;
http://www.ask.com/answers/13551041/if-90-of-...
This is your mental roadblock. You stop reading at sentence one.

Try again;

Most people "find God" when in sure straights. Prison is no exception.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#679 Feb 11, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Atheists in general are good people. After all, at least they don't go out and kill for jesus.[/QUOTE

[QUOTE]

RiversideRedneck wrote:

Naw, they go out and kill for other reasons....
Such as?
Jealousy, rage, money, land, power, greed, lust... To name a few.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min Republican 80,192
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 4 min Hatti_Hollerand 2,538
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min doG mnaDed lyoH r... 995,764
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min kent 701,535
Tronald Dump's Fascist NAZI Coup d'Etat 22 min Johnny 2
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Tony 6,868
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Dang Jersey Piney 448,396