Are Atheists Good People?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#620 Feb 7, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
Biologists admit that the stages of the mimivirus are NOT WELL KNOWN. They also state that little is known about the details of its replication cycle. You apparently claim to know more than this mimivirus than those who spend their time studying it.
Not really, but it's apparent that you're sourcing old dated material. They've learned a lot in the last year. J. Craig Venter, the geneticist who decoded the human genome, has made a lot of progress in this area.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#621 Feb 7, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why even try to take care of your health if you're only going to sabotage it in the end? Oh well, it's your cancer.
<quoted text>Only when we go and try to get a piece of tail.
Oh flamin' hell, i only drink it once a month or something!!

OK, OK, OK, I even told Tide to ask u if i can have an energy drink, U R NOW MY TOPIX DIET COACH!!

What tail?

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#622 Feb 7, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>So you couldn't come up with a number? I'm not surprised. You only need one example to prove the assertion incorrect, and the mimivirus proves him incorrect. I'm sure they'll find others down the road since only around 1% of viruses have been discovered.
I think you misunderstood my original post. I was talking about the number of any one given kind of virus. The rhinovirus for example, how many are there vs how many would be required to prove they reproduce.

The fact he is incorrect is obvious to the casual observer without using a specific number.

#623 Feb 7, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You're a child. You obviously have NOT been following the dialog, stop embarrassing yourself and go to your room. Once more, for the brain dead---------without a HOST a virus CANNOT reproduce itself!!!!! Now don't you feel foolish involving yourself in an adult conversation when you have no idea what the discussion is about????
Reproduction occurs when a copy of something is made. Viruses reproduce, there can be no argument about that. You are just offended by the way they go about it, which oddly enough, is very similar to the way human sperm fertilize human eggs, though they seem to honor few species boundaries. I think that just makes them more flexible and probably more "fit to survive" than we are.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#624 Feb 7, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Reproduction occurs when a copy of something is made. Viruses reproduce, there can be no argument about that. You are just offended by the way they go about it, which oddly enough, is very similar to the way human sperm fertilize human eggs, though they seem to honor few species boundaries. I think that just makes them more flexible and probably more "fit to survive" than we are.
You emulate your hero's but maybe you pull for the wrong team when you are on the the side of the undead. Virus do straddle the definition of life, as you straddle definition of intelligent.

#625 Feb 7, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You emulate your hero's but maybe you pull for the wrong team when you are on the the side of the undead. Virus do straddle the definition of life, as you straddle definition of intelligent.
In other words, you have no intelligent rebuttal, so you resort to ad hominem babble. Not surprising really.

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#626 Feb 7, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you have no intelligent rebuttal, so you resort to ad hominem babble. Not surprising really.
No ad hominem, just the facts.
You haven't made an intelligent statement, but like a fundie you defend it with stupid. You haven't shown any research that agrees with your premise.
Yet you say it like a person who believes in Jesus, not like the scientist who defends his ideal with evidence. Asides the fact you are an asshole who is loathed by most everyone. Including your wife.

#627 Feb 7, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
No ad hominem, just the facts.
You haven't made an intelligent statement, but like a fundie you defend it with stupid. You haven't shown any research that agrees with your premise.
Yet you say it like a person who believes in Jesus, not like the scientist who defends his ideal with evidence. Asides the fact you are an asshole who is loathed by most everyone. Including your wife.
Are you sure you are not a Christian? You certainly snivel like one.

Location hidden

#628 Feb 8, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
Are you sure you are not a Christian? You certainly snivel like one.
I came to that same conclusion about him a long time ago :p

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#629 Feb 8, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>I came to that same conclusion about him a long time ago :p
Yeah but look what you too stealth theists have to think with.
You think because I believe in the right to kill I'm christian.
Oggah stands on extremely thin ice with his support that a virus is a life form. You both are not only ignorant but wrong as well.
Life's a bitch I'm only returning the favor to Oggah who is so quick to point out someone's Else's mistakes, but we know now that it is only some sort of arrogant poker face we see in here with a hollow ringing sound when thumped.

Read it and then go home to mommy and cry. I do now believe in anything mylan, except the power in my steel, and the bullets that rain hell on my enemies. My wits are enough to carry home with the
dinner in hand.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3...

#630 Feb 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah but look what you too stealth theists have to think with.
Oggah stands on extremely thin ice with his support that a virus is a life form. You both are not only ignorant but wrong as well.
Life's a bitch I'm only returning the favor to Oggah who is so quick to point out someone's Else's mistakes, but we know now that it is only some sort of arrogant poker face we see in here with a hollow ringing sound when thumped.
Read it and then go home to mommy and cry. I do now believe in anything mylan, except the power in my steel, and the bullets that rain hell on my enemies. My wits are enough to carry home with the
dinner in hand.
Oh!! Now I get it!! You are engaged in a battle of wits and are only half armed.

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#631 Feb 8, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh!! Now I get it!! You are engaged in a battle of wits and are only half armed.
I'm not the one defending a virus being alive , now am I? Duncehat award winner!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#632 Feb 8, 2013
Hmmmmn..

#633 Feb 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not the one defending a virus being alive , now am I? Duncehat award winner!
No, you aren't smart enough to do that. Apparently, you can not even tell the difference between "to", "two", and "too". I bet "their", "they're" and "there" gives you absolute fits as well.

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#634 Feb 8, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you aren't smart enough to do that. Apparently, you can not even tell the difference between "to", "two", and "too". I bet "their", "they're" and "there" gives you absolute fits as well.

Sorry you wont change the fact, that you are supporting a virus being a living thing.
Now put up the supportive information , or shut up.
Admit you're wrong and move on...

#635 Feb 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry you wont change the fact, that you are supporting a virus being a living thing.
Now put up the supportive information , or shut up.
Admit you're wrong and move on...
Viruses are living because:

They have genetic material either DNA or RNA
They make transcribe and translate these genetic material.
They have a protein coat which is again encoded by its own genetic material and is an analog to cell membrane.
They reproduce and mutate.
They adapt themselves to the environment
They quickly evolve by mutation to overcome unfavorable conditions.
They consume host lifeforms (they eat)
They grow in number (reproduction again)

I'm starting to repeat myself so I'll stop there.

Location hidden

#636 Feb 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
Oggah stands on extremely thin ice with his support that a virus is a life form.
The mimivirus IS a life form. That's what makes it so incredible. Your "interpretation" doesn't effect the truth.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pm c/articles/PMC3322749/
It is you who will be running home to mommy when you realize that your article os almost 10 YEARS OLD!!! ROFL..

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#637 Feb 8, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Viruses are living because:
They have genetic material either DNA or RNA
They make transcribe and translate these genetic material.
They have a protein coat which is again encoded by its own genetic material and is an analog to cell membrane.
They reproduce and mutate.
They adapt themselves to the environment
They quickly evolve by mutation to overcome unfavorable conditions.
They consume host lifeforms (they eat)
They grow in number (reproduction again)
I'm starting to repeat myself so I'll stop there.
Good now support this contention with real research.
Because we don't believe you...sorry.
It doesn't matter mylan if the research is 50 years old , if it is still the consensus of science. Now you prove that wrong and you have done something other than fundieisim .

#638 Feb 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Good now support this contention with real research.
Because we don't believe you...sorry.
It doesn't matter mylan if the research is 50 years old , if it is still the consensus of science. Now you prove that wrong and you have done something other than fundieisim .
Why should I? You don't!!

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#639 Feb 8, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should I? You don't!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 8 min RiccardoFire 44,676
George Soros Is a Brilliant Investor 16 min andet1987 3
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 22 min Buck Crick 48,459
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 24 min andet1987 2,036
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 40 min Neville Thompson 386
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 49 min Neville Thompson 281,249
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 59 min Liamm 646,524
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 hr The Hangman 971,627
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 hr Toby 105,571
More from around the web