blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#600 Feb 7, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Your claim was that a virus couldn't reproduce. The mimivirus refutes that.
A VIRUS CANNOT reproduce..........a mimivirus is a different thing.....why is that so difficult for you to understand!!!!!????

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#601 Feb 7, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
A VIRUS CANNOT reproduce..........a mimivirus is a different thing.....
Really? Is that why it's called mimi V I R U S ???? LOL....
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#602 Feb 7, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>No moron, it's NOT my "job". If you can't find a more credible source, then that speaks volumes. No serious researcher would EVER use wiki to find information. Have a nice day.
I'm not a researcher, I'm simply accessing information in a futile attempt to educate some rather stupid people. If you disagree with the information, or believe it to be completely wrong, then it most certainly is your JOB, to point out the errors and support your contention with what you feel is a more accurate or reputable site. I always have a nice day, I'm am Atheist!!!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#603 Feb 7, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Really? Is that why it's called mimi V I R U S ???? LOL....
Why isn't a leopard called a CAT? A wolf a DOG, or a wasp a BEE? LMAOROTF
Phil

Sheffield, UK

#604 Feb 7, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
time and space is what God created saying that he has always existed does not even make send. Moreover, how can a creator be created? Thus we reach the statement where the creations themselves; can they create? can you create something no, hence you are a creation therefore inferior. the superior is the creator. there is nothing above the superior. Cars/building constructs have all be made by us, we have all bean created by the creater (God) which in this arguement would be the ultimate cause.
This is just complete nonsense.

You say :
Nothing created God because he is the creator

You can't just say God is the creator and then use "God is the creator" as supposed proof that he is. Your entire argument is then made nonsensical by your incorrect assumption it's all based on.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#605 Feb 7, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Your claim was that a virus couldn't reproduce. The mimivirus refutes that.
The number of viruses in the world refutes that.

#606 Feb 7, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>A VIRUS CANNOT reproduce..........a mimivirus is a different thing.....why is that so difficult for you to understand!!!!!????
Viruses can not reproduce? You are sure? Shall I make for you a nice ebola virus sandwich?

#607 Feb 7, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
Why isn't a leopard called a CAT?
Ummmm they ARE!!!!
blacklagoon wrote:
A wolf a DOG,
That would be silly, but they are both canines. I wouldn't call a chihuahua a great dane either that would be just as silly.
blacklagoon wrote:
or a wasp a BEE?
People who don't know the difference do identify wasps as bees, but that hardly proves any worthy point I can see.
blacklagoon wrote:
LMAOROTF
You bring many people laughter, I'm glad you crack you up as well.

Location hidden

#608 Feb 7, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
I'm not a researcher
I agree.
If you disagree with the information, or believe it to be completely wrong, then it most certainly is your JOB, to point out the errors and support your contention with what you feel is a more accurate or reputable site
Wrong! Let me explain to you how this works. YOU made the assertion. Therefore YOU must prove it to be true, and not anyone else to prove otherwise. If you can't prove your point then that speaks volumes and should tell you something.

Location hidden

#609 Feb 7, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
The number of viruses in the world refutes that.
And what number would that be? When you can't nail down a number let me know.

Location hidden

#610 Feb 7, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
Why isn't a leopard called a CAT? A wolf a DOG, or a wasp a BEE? LMAOROTF
Sorry but your equivocation proves me right and you wrong. The mimiVIRUS does not, as of this writing, qualify for a new domain on the tree of life. It is a virus, which proves what you said to be false. Now be a good little boy and admit when you're wrong. Your narrow-minded stubbornness just makes you look all the more childish.

#611 Feb 7, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>And what number would that be? When you can't nail down a number let me know.
What ever number it takes to demonstrate reproduction, then many times that.

Location hidden

#612 Feb 7, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
What ever number it takes to demonstrate reproduction, then many times that.
So you couldn't come up with a number? I'm not surprised. You only need one example to prove the assertion incorrect, and the mimivirus proves him incorrect. I'm sure they'll find others down the road since only around 1% of viruses have been discovered.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#613 Feb 7, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they are VERY interesting and linked to be the precursors of life on this planet.
<quoted text>I hope you know how unhealthy pop is for you. It has now been linked to cancer and other diseases. Pop is one of the worst things that you can ingest.
Look here, Bugs Bunny, I'm fussy about eating good food, but sometimes u gotta have fun, OK? Sometimes u need a break from carrots and clementines, have u ever had that feeling? Do rabbits even get that feeling?

Location hidden

#614 Feb 7, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Really? Is that why it's called mimi V I R U S ???? LOL....
heheheheee, good one!

Location hidden

#615 Feb 7, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
<quoted text>
Wrong! Let me explain to you how this works. YOU made the assertion. Therefore YOU must prove it to be true, and not anyone else to prove otherwise. If you can't prove your point then that speaks volumes and should tell you something.
I've told them all that this is not an easy topic, there is no right or wrong answer, but who listens to me? Nobody!:-(

And then u wonder why i drink pop!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#616 Feb 7, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Viruses can not reproduce? You are sure? Shall I make for you a nice ebola virus sandwich?
You're a child. You obviously have NOT been following the dialog, stop embarrassing yourself and go to your room. Once more, for the brain dead---------without a HOST a virus CANNOT reproduce itself!!!!! Now don't you feel foolish involving yourself in an adult conversation when you have no idea what the discussion is about????
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#617 Feb 7, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
<quoted text>
I did prove it to be true, you just choose to ignore the data I presented. Accept the data or show me the error In the data presented. You sound stupid when you just say you won't accept what I posted because you don't like the site were I presented my information. If you are in disagreement with the data, challenge it with your own data and the source. Until then, you come off sounding like a spoiled little twerp. That numbnuts is how it works, get busy!!!!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#618 Feb 7, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry but your equivocation proves me right and you wrong. The mimiVIRUS does not, as of this writing, qualify for a new domain on the tree of life. It is a virus, which proves what you said to be false. Now be a good little boy and admit when you're wrong. Your narrow-minded stubbornness just makes you look all the more childish.
You have no idea what your talking about, otherwise you'd supply your source. Biologists admit that the stages of the mimivirus are NOT WELL KNOWN. They also state that little is known about the details of its replication cycle. You apparently claim to know more than this mimivirus than those who spend their time studying it. Are you always this dishonest?

This also from Wiki..........Yeah I know, its not reliable, so show me something that refutes what is written below, otherwise piss off!!!!

Nevertheless, mimivirus does not exhibit the following characteristics, all of which are part of many conventional definitions of life: homeostasis, response to stimuli, growth in the normal sense of the term (instead replicating via self-assembly of individual components) or undergoing cellular division.

Location hidden

#619 Feb 7, 2013
Clementia wrote:
Look here, Bugs Bunny, I'm fussy about eating good food, but sometimes u gotta have fun, OK?
Why even try to take care of your health if you're only going to sabotage it in the end? Oh well, it's your cancer.
Do rabbits even get that feeling?
Only when we go and try to get a piece of tail.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Joel Osteen a HYPOCRITE CHRISTIAN?? 9 min AussieBobby 6
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min JustMe 830,811
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 14 min sangili karuppan 6,414
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 36 min Robert F 586,017
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 52 min Epiphany2 611,953
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Porkpie Hat 270,841
Boulder Garage Door Repair 1 hr BoulderGarageDoor... 1
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr Rosa_Winkel 99,328
More from around the web