“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#560 Feb 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Viral fee cows exist, but does virus exist free of cows...no except your diseased notion .
It's apparent your eradication will be the benefit of all who are truly alive.
You still did not answer my question;

A host is a host same species or not .... however, again just extending the thought experiment ... if we do manage to use cows as surrogate mothers, are the offspring alive? Are the genetic parents alive? Seems to me that we would be very close to viral reproduction at that point!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#561 Feb 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I waste my seed in the belly of a woman, and all over her body and in every
acceptable orifice. But she is not a different specie or even unwilling to the act of (I will never tell).
Virus is invasive and it's life so conditional , that without certain conditions within an already conditional existent , its survival is totally dependent on a host organism that even the very atmosphere that all life is dependent, is a toxic killer to it's existence.
That is not a life, but a plague to it.
lol

TOO MUCH INFORMATION!

I'm gonna go clean my eyes.

#562 Feb 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
They have cells ,virus do not.
When roundworms and tapeworms are dormant, their cellular functions nearly cease and are dessicated. This very much resembles a virus in it's casing during it's dormant stage.

So, a virus DOES have a cellular structure in this state, although a rudimentary one, but then the roundworms and tapeworms are very rudimentary. Bacteria, fungi and yeast also go into similar dormant states with similar structure are they alive?

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#563 Feb 6, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
When roundworms and tapeworms are dormant, their cellular functions nearly cease and are dessicated. This very much resembles a virus in it's casing during it's dormant stage.
So, a virus DOES have a cellular structure in this state, although a rudimentary one, but then the roundworms and tapeworms are very rudimentary. Bacteria, fungi and yeast also go into similar dormant states with similar structure are they alive?
Dig deep, you will, but not find support from science will you ? Hmphh?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-jhJHoNnzecc/UJVibB3...
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#564 Feb 6, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
From the same statement you quoted, "VIRUSES ARE A FORM OF LIFE" ... see how it (doesn't) work when you take things out of context. Dumb butt!!
It also takes on a whole new meaning when you include the ENTIRE PARAGRAPH......."Opinions differ on whether viruses area form of life." You love being dishonest don't you. Give the portion of the paragraph that you think refutes what I said. You just have to be a Christian.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#565 Feb 6, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a perfectly fine analogy, another would be to deprive you of food. After all, you require living organisms to eat. You do not eat enough raw materials to survive on your own, you also consume living organisms to reproduce.
You are a living organism no more and no less than a virus by your own criteria.
I guess you really are this stupid. Unlike a virus I possess a cellular structure and can reproduce without a host.

What the hell are "raw materials" I consume fruits and vegetables without cooking or otherwise altering them in any way, is that raw material?

#566 Feb 6, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>It also takes on a whole new meaning when you include the ENTIRE PARAGRAPH......."Opinions differ on whether viruses area form of life." You love being dishonest don't you. Give the portion of the paragraph that you think refutes what I said. You just have to be a Christian.
You are the one who took a snippet out of context first. If that makes me a liar, then it makes you the liar that came before me.

#567 Feb 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Dig deep, you will, but not find support from science will you ? Hmphh?
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-jhJHoNnzecc/UJVibB3...
And you STILL have not answered my question. Are you afraid?

You still did not answer my question;

A host is a host same species or not .... however, again just extending the thought experiment ... if we do manage to use cows as surrogate mothers, are the offspring alive? Are the genetic parents alive? Seems to me that we would be very close to viral reproduction at that point!

#568 Feb 6, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you really are this stupid. Unlike a virus I possess a cellular structure and can reproduce without a host.
Are you a female? Because if you aren't then this is a lie and you need a female host to reproduce after you inject your own viral "cells" into her body.
blacklagoon wrote:
What the hell are "raw materials" I consume fruits and vegetables without cooking or otherwise altering them in any way, is that raw material?
Fruits and vegetables are living things that you consume to survive. You are feeding off of life when you consume them.

Raw materials are salt, silicone, iron, non-living non-organic matter.... the kind of things living plants consume to live.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#569 Feb 6, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Not true. The mimivirus is the link between virus and bacteria.
Yes, it is true. Look it up, there is NO consensus among microbiologists as the whether a virus is a living organism or an organic structure that interacts with a living organisms.

#570 Feb 6, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you really are this stupid. Unlike a virus I possess a cellular structure and can reproduce without a host.
You live off of plants at least, that makes you a parasite on plant life. You need plant hosts to survive. You can not live without them. You are no more alive than a virus is.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#571 Feb 6, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
How about I put you next to inedible organisms and see which one reproduces or is even alive in a year?
WTF are you ranting about? Stay off the weed skippy!!!!!!! And read some science books will ya!!!!!

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Location hidden

#572 Feb 6, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
You live off of plants at least, that makes you a parasite on plant life. You need plant hosts to survive. You can not live without them. You are no more alive than a virus is.

Dig very deep, you may find yourself.

#573 Feb 6, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>WTF are you ranting about? Stay off the weed skippy!!!!!!! And read some science books will ya!!!!!
If I sequestered you in an environment of just you and "Angel of Death" mushrooms or black nightshade, you would not survive, much less reproduce because of the lack of edible plant hosts for you to consume.

You are no more alive than a virus is.

#574 Feb 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Dig very deep, you may find yourself.
And you are still no more alive than a virus is. In fact, during part of the human life cycle, you were very virus like. In fact out of 300,000,000 sperm, I find it incredible that YOU are the one that got through.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#575 Feb 6, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no definition of life that requires a cellular structure. Respiration and reproduction at some point in the life cycle is all that is required as far as I know. The viruses would definitely be alive under that definition, as would prions.
<quoted text>
BUT NOT THE ONLY ONE. It is, however, the only one you care about. this is, in some circles, known as "target fixation"--all you care about is one particular aspect while ignoring the rest of the picture.
*Now* I'm done with you, dumbazz (sic).
Then perhaps you should just piss off!!!!

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Location hidden

#576 Feb 6, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are still no more alive than a virus is. In fact, during part of the human life cycle, you were very virus like. In fact out of 300,000,000 sperm, I find it incredible that YOU are the one that got through.
To say a virus is alive is the same as saying a vampire has life. The undead do not live, but are a plague to the living.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#577 Feb 6, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you didn't. Dodging and deflecting are not answers.
I certainly did answer, I'm sorry you're to stupid to comprehend, but thats ok, study a little harder, it will pay off in the end.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#578 Feb 6, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
WHERE do you get the idea that cellular structure is a requirement for life?
Read what it says about "Organization" and "Reproduction"

Biology
Since there is no unequivocal definition of life, the current understanding is descriptive. Life is considered a characteristic of organisms that exhibit all or most of the following:[25][27]

Homeostasis: Regulation of the internal environment to maintain a constant state; for example, electrolyte concentration or sweating to reduce temperature.

Organization: Being structurally composed of one or more cells the basic units of life.

Metabolism: Transformation of energy by converting chemicals and energy into cellular components (anabolism) and decomposing organic matter (catabolism). Living things require energy to maintain internal organization (homeostasis) and to produce the other phenomena associated with life.

Growth: Maintenance of a higher rate of anabolism than catabolism. A growing organism increases in size in all of its parts, rather than simply accumulating matter.

Adaptation: The ability to change over time in response to the environment. This ability is fundamental to the process of evolution and is determined by the organism's heredity, diet, and external factors.

Response to stimuli: A response can take many forms, from the contraction of a unicellular organism to external chemicals, to complex reactions involving all the senses of multicellular organisms. A response is often expressed by motion; for example, the leaves of a plant turning toward the sun (phototropism), and chemotaxis.

Reproduction: The ability to produce new individual organisms, either asexually from a single parent organism, or sexually from two parent organisms.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#579 Feb 6, 2013
Atheists, agnostics and theists are governed by the law of cause and effect - a fact of matter and consciousness. So, we reap what we sow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 min Tigrizon 442,453
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 5 min lil whispers 2,245
Hispanic Women are Racist (Sep '12) 7 min lostlovespellsz 45
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min Double Fine 825,364
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 25 min Rosa_Winkel 98,818
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 31 min USA Born 582,662
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 31 min sangili karuppan 6,286
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Holy Virgin Dr Sh... 611,765
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 hr AN NFL FAN 121,614
More from around the web