Are Atheists Good People?

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#540 Feb 6, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Question 1: If there were only one virus set free among many potential hosts with no anti bodies. How many viruses would there be in a year.
Question 2: In the above scenario, did it reproduce?
Question 3: Are you really that much a dumb azz?
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Take the same virus skippy, and put it were there is NO host, how many viruses would there be in a year?
It has already been explained to you several times that being dormant does not mean being without life.

Obviously, that doesn't mean anything to you; you just want your way. Fine; you aren't worth my time anyway.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#541 Feb 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Survive in another form outside the host.
Which viruses do albeit in a dormant state.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#542 Feb 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You are equating survival of humans, to needing to reproduce in the belly of a whale. Nolo contendere .
A host is a host and technically a fetus is a parasite. And a human male can not reproduce on his own, but then neither can a female. These are your criteria, not mine. Just looking for consistency in the definition of life.

So far, a virus is no more or less alive than a human male.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#543 Feb 6, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no definition of life that requires a cellular structure. Respiration and reproduction at some point in the life cycle is all that is required as far as I know. The viruses would definitely be alive under that definition, as would prions.
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Read this numbnuts. Pay close attention to the part about cellular structure as a basic unit of LIFE.
BUT NOT THE ONLY ONE. It is, however, the only one you care about. this is, in some circles, known as "target fixation"--all you care about is one particular aspect while ignoring the rest of the picture.

*Now* I'm done with you, dumbazz (sic).

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#544 Feb 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Same species reproduction, really you act as if infallible, but you have just fallen. It's ok no human is perfect. Though you will prolly persist that you are.
A host is a host same species or not .... however, again just extending the thought experiment ... if we do manage to use cows as surrogate mothers, are the offspring alive? Are the genetic parents alive? Seems to me that we would be very close to viral reproduction at that point!

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#545 Feb 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
Virus is to even my surprise only meeting half the criteria to be considered "alive".
Therefore can we consider if a halflife?
The only criteria that it does not meet for sure is the requirement for a cellular structure ... although

1. When dormant in it's casing, that does look like a cellular structure.
2. There is some question whether a cellular structure should be a necessary requirement for life.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#546 Feb 6, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
But we can't asexually reproduce! We need a man or a woman, if u are a man, that does not mean we are not alive and then when we have sex we become alive! heheheheheeeee
What on earth am I talkin' about? Too much pop!
I waste my seed in the belly of a woman, and all over her body and in every
acceptable orifice. But she is not a different specie or even unwilling to the act of (I will never tell).

Virus is invasive and it's life so conditional , that without certain conditions within an already conditional existent , its survival is totally dependent on a host organism that even the very atmosphere that all life is dependent, is a toxic killer to it's existence.

That is not a life, but a plague to it.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#547 Feb 6, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no definition of life that requires a cellular structure. Respiration and reproduction at some point in the life cycle is all that is required as far as I know. The viruses would definitely be alive under that definition, as would prions.
<quoted text>
BUT NOT THE ONLY ONE. It is, however, the only one you care about. this is, in some circles, known as "target fixation"--all you care about is one particular aspect while ignoring the rest of the picture.
*Now* I'm done with you, dumbazz (sic).
Have I told you lately how !HOT! you are?

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#548 Feb 6, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Which viruses do albeit in a dormant state.
Dormancy is not thrive, life thrives without a host ..other than the Earth itself.

You want to be right, perhaps YOU are a virus?
A plague to the living, and a disease to existence.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#549 Feb 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> It has life ,but "its life" is highly dependent.
On another life, and it has "no life" without a life to prey on.
I see that as a mechanical existence.
Like roundworms and tapeworms ... are they alive then?

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#550 Feb 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I waste my seed in the belly of a woman, and all over her body and in every
acceptable orifice. But she is not a different specie or even unwilling to the act of (I will never tell).
Virus is invasive and it's life so conditional , that without certain conditions within an already conditional existent , its survival is totally dependent on a host organism that even the very atmosphere that all life is dependent, is a toxic killer to it's existence.
That is not a life, but a plague to it.
Human sperm is invasive and it's life so conditional , that without certain conditions within an already conditional existent , its survival is totally dependent on a host organism that even the very atmosphere that all life is dependent, is a toxic killer to it's existence.

So, are human males alive?

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#551 Feb 6, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
A host is a host same species or not .... however, again just extending the thought experiment ... if we do manage to use cows as surrogate mothers, are the offspring alive? Are the genetic parents alive? Seems to me that we would be very close to viral reproduction at that point!
Viral fee cows exist, but does virus exist free of cows...no except your diseased notion .
It's apparent your eradication will be the benefit of all who are truly alive.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#552 Feb 6, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>The Mimivirus is not like traditional virus. It is called the mimivirus because it mimics a bacterium.
Ooooooooooh, how exciting, we never studied that.

Look guys, i ain't drunk on alcohol, i had too much fizzy pop, and i go all funny with too much sugar. water ain't gonna help this one. I'll try holding my breath.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#553 Feb 6, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Like roundworms and tapeworms ... are they alive then?

They have cells ,virus do not.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#554 Feb 6, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Have I told you lately how !HOT! you are?
if you are on parole
police allow you only to masturbate your polska kielbasa,
instead sexualy insult Poor Kaitlin

all sexual perverts on parole only alowed to masturbate own dead skin on the front

where you been Oooogah,
what prison?Arizona dessert maximum security??
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#555 Feb 6, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Human sperm is invasive and it's life so conditional , that without certain conditions within an already conditional existent , its survival is totally dependent on a host organism that even the very atmosphere that all life is dependent, is a toxic killer to it's existence.
So, are human males alive?
you are not human male
only missing fish embrio aborted from mama gorilla

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#556 Feb 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> It has life ,but "its life" is highly dependent.
On another life, and it has "no life" without a life to prey on.
I see that as a mechanical existence.
I understand what you're saying, but i still think it's alive.

It's just a different form of life.

We can all have our own opinion, can't we?

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#557 Feb 6, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no definition of life that requires a cellular structure. Respiration and reproduction at some point in the life cycle is all that is required as far as I know. The viruses would definitely be alive under that definition, as would prions.
<quoted text>
BUT NOT THE ONLY ONE. It is, however, the only one you care about. this is, in some circles, known as "target fixation"--all you care about is one particular aspect while ignoring the rest of the picture.
*Now* I'm done with you, dumbazz (sic).

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#558 Feb 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Dormancy is not thrive, life thrives without a host ..other than the Earth itself.
You want to be right, perhaps YOU are a virus?
A plague to the living, and a disease to existence.
round worms and tape worms are dormant without a host. So they are not alive?

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#559 Feb 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
They have cells ,virus do not.
WHERE do you get the idea that cellular structure is a requirement for life?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Feb 24 Trump Talks To Judge Jeanine 4 min Funny n not funny 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 29 min Rosesz 695,810
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr Cat 60,558
Where Does It Say In The Bible...? 2 hr River Tam2 3
I just caught my mom masturbating 2 hr Mama01 1
News Trump: Dem Memo a 'Bust,' Confirms Actions That... 4 hr davy 7
Dem Libtard Keeps Screaming 4 hr Yes we can 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr River Tam2 993,861
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) Feb 19 Pimpy 23
More from around the web