Are Atheists Good People?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#458 Feb 4, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Holy shit, it must suck to be you. From the moment you were born you were a "sinner" whatever the hell that means. And you are convinced that ALL humans have a "sinister heart" which is deceitful and separately wicked. This is also what toy think of your wife and dead children? This is what you see when you gaze on your children? You accept all your family and friends as desperately wicked?
I can only feel intense pity for you. To go through life this way must be horrible, I can't even begin to imagine going through life with this mindset. To be so distrustful of your loved ones. To look at everyone as somehow evil. I can't begin to understand how you wake up in the morning g and go through your day with these thoughts swirling through your mind. You poor, poor bastard, how I do so pity you. Just another PRIME example of how religion poisons everything.
It really is a truly demeaning religion...

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#460 Feb 4, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
It is also a well known fact that asteroids that impact large planetary bodies like Mars, throw off material into space beyond the planet. We know for a Fact that microscopic organism can survive in the most hostile of environments. It is not beyond the realm of possibilities that the earth was "seeded" with these organisms (panspermia) and we are actually descendants from a vastly older Martian civilization.
There is actually a lot of credible information pointing to the fact that all life on this planet first started with a virus from asteroids.
christianity is EVIL

West Pubnico, Canada

#461 Feb 4, 2013
Mitch wrote:
Who created your parents?? This could go on and on. Go ahead. Say your grandparents. Maybe I should break it down for you. Who or what created life on earth?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis
rider

Gwinn, MI

#462 Feb 4, 2013
.Jesus is Fake! Here is Proof .

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#463 Feb 4, 2013
Klink wrote:
edited for factual cotent
<quoted text>
You need to learn how to read.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#464 Feb 4, 2013
Klink wrote:
The Witch:
Fact: Christians burning "witches" in Africa.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =wgrGQl5kEMEXX
<quoted text>
Klink: No it is not a fact rather a mislabeled video.
It's a fact. Christians in Africa are burning accused witches.
Klink wrote:
You don't know what "genocide" means. Killing one or two unwelcome christards--who were responsible for their own actions--in the name of islam is not genocide.
Klink: 50,000 Christians were just cleansed from Syria. That's actually what the war is about.
And your "proof" is a christian source, of course.

"We were convinced that the people needs and requires this (christian) faith. We have therefore undertaken the fight against the atheistic movement, and that not merely with a few theoretical declarations: we have stamped it out." -Adolf Hitler, in a speech in Berlin on 24 Oct. 1933
<quoted text>
Klink wrote:
Klink: Hitler's Nazi Party were Roman Catholic, not Christian.
Catholics are christians; deal with it.
Klink wrote:
.... Hitler probably said this quote in one of his anti-communist propaganda speeches.
Probably? LMAO!! His words speak for themselves.
Klink wrote:
The Witch: They were innocent people accused of witchcraft by a christian government. Somewhere between 60,000 and 100,000.
<quoted text>
Klink: No there were not.
So, you deny history. The Burning Times, the christian Inquisition, the torturing never took place.

What color is the sky in your world?

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#465 Feb 4, 2013
Klink wrote:
edited for factual cotent
<quoted text>
You don't know what facts are.
Normand Guay

Winnipeg, Canada

#466 Feb 5, 2013
Normand Guay wrote:
---No atheists are not good people because they reject GOD'S WAYS and therefor they reject GOD... They need to Repent...
---And I hope they REPENT...

Location hidden

#468 Feb 5, 2013
Normand Guay wrote:
<quoted text>---And I hope they REPENT...
Maybe you should ask god to help you stop talking to yourself...
Mitch

Church Hill, VA

#469 Feb 5, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer my question.
I did answer your question. You don't read very well. You said there is no proof that God exists and I said look in the mirror, meaning God created us. Now answer my question. Should I repeat it?
Mitch

Church Hill, VA

#470 Feb 5, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Panspermia.....It is a know fact that the planet Mars was a water rich world. There is much evidence that not only did Mars have abundant water but an atmosphere as well. Something very bad happened to Mars, and it happened well before the Earth began its life producing process. It is also a well known fact that asteroids that impact large planetary bodies like Mars, throw off material into space beyond the planet. We know for a Fact that microscopic organism can survive in the most hostile of environments. It is not beyond the realm of possibilities that the earth was "seeded" with these organisms (panspermia) and we are actually descendants from a vastly older Martian civilization. Impossible so you say? Here is an explanation that actually deals with everything found in the naturalist realm. It also deals with demonstrable evidence. 1.) Mars DID have vast amounts of water. 2.) Mars DID have an atmosphere. 3.) We KNOW that microscopic organisms can survive in extremely hostile environments. 4.) We KNOW that impacts from asteroids throw material from the object impacted into space.
This is a premiss dismissed by you I'm sure, but lets look at your premiss and the supporting evidence or facts that you present. Here is what you have........I have a holy book that says an imaginary being created everything. How was this done?.....well err....ah.. he scooped up some dirt and blew on it and a man magically appeared.
Door number 1.) or door number 2.) Behind door number 1.) we have supportive evidence and facts..behind door number 2,) we have.........well nothing!!!! just a holy book and magic.......Being a very intelligent human, I'll pick door number 1....how about you??
So we came from Mars?? Sounds to me like a lot of magic behind door number 1 as well. There are no facts but just theories. If what you just said was all facts then I would actually believe that story along with a lot of other intelligent people. What created Mars along with the rest of the Universe?? I'm not saying your theory is wrong or right, but just a theory. Maybe we should agree to disagree.

Location hidden

#471 Feb 5, 2013
Mitch wrote:
<quoted text>I did answer your question. You don't read very well. You said there is no proof that God exists and I said look in the mirror, meaning God created us. Now answer my question. Should I repeat it?
You're either not very intelligent or being deliberately obtuse.

I stated that my parents created me and then asked what, exactly, created you.

Still waiting for an answer.

Location hidden

#472 Feb 5, 2013
Mitch wrote:
You said there is no proof that God exists and I said look in the mirror, meaning God created us.
Apparently you don't know the difference between fact and opinion. If it were fact then you would have a way to prove it. So actually, you never answered his question.

Faith without supporting evidence is indistinguishable from schizophrenia.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#473 Feb 5, 2013
Mitch wrote:
<quoted text>So we came from Mars?? Sounds to me like a lot of magic behind door number 1 as well. There are no facts but just theories. If what you just said was all facts then I would actually believe that story along with a lot of other intelligent people. What created Mars along with the rest of the Universe?? I'm not saying your theory is wrong or right, but just a theory. Maybe we should agree to disagree.
I'm sorry, everything I posted was factual. What don't you see a fact?

1.) There was abundant water on Mars?

2.) Mars is older than the Earth?

3.) Asteroids that impact larger bodies propel material into space?

4.) Microorganisms are able to survive in extremely hostile conditions?

There is NO magic here just raw data that is factual. Its a working theory based in the naturalistic realm, Its an Ideas that is part of our reality.

I get the feeling you are not solid on what constitutes a Theory. You do know that the Theory of gravity is very factual, as is many such theories, like Music Theory. The theory of Evolution, an example of another theory that is factual.

Mars was not created, it formed naturally as do all planetary bodies. The Universe many be part of a larger muliti-universe. Don't fall into the trap of "inserting" your personal God into every little gap were science as yet does not have the complete answer. Its the "God Of The Gaps" argument and is not a very intelligent way to make your point. just saying!!!!
Mitch

Church Hill, VA

#474 Feb 5, 2013
There are no facts, however you want to answer that question. I don't have proof of God existing. You don't have proof that he does not. If there was in fact supporting evidence, then we all would be on the same page and would not be having this discussion. Is there in fact supporting evidence that we came from what you say was a virus from asteroids?
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#475 Feb 5, 2013
Mitch wrote:
There are no facts, however you want to answer that question. I don't have proof of God existing. You don't have proof that he does not. If there was in fact supporting evidence, then we all would be on the same page and would not be having this discussion. Is there in fact supporting evidence that we came from what you say was a virus from asteroids?
Ahhh. they most certainly ARE facts. I'm sorry you fail to understand what constitutes a FACT. The facts that I posted are DEMONSTRABLE. Of course you can deny these facts all day but that doesn't stop the for being facts.

I never said that humans came from microorganisms brought here by an Asteroid, I said it is one of the possibilities that has its roots in reality and factual information. Your science seems a little shaky, a virus is NOT a living organism, it requires a host and is unable to reproduce without that host.

Here's how it works, a Theory is something that uses data from the naturalistic realm. Someone presents an idea, data is collected, a hypothesis presented and testing begins. Panspermia is one such hypothesis, all of the data collected using Mars as the basis for the hypothesis is factual and accurate.

We are not on equal footing here. The possibilities of Panspermia are rooted in reality with, it becomes totally plausible because all of the elements are from the natural realm.

You speculate on the existence of God based solely on unsupported information. Everything about God resides in the Supernatural realm, a realm that is non-existent are far as science is concerned. You have no FACT, no demonstrable data. All you have is your personal belief.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#476 Feb 5, 2013
Mitch wrote:
I am glad to hear you admit that you have no proof of God existing. And of course I have no proof that he doesn't, however, you as the person making a POSITIVE CLAIM are solely responsible for providing evidence. I make NO claim. I simple lack a belief due to the complete and utter lack of support for your God.
Mitch

Church Hill, VA

#477 Feb 5, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>There is actually a lot of credible information pointing to the fact that all life on this planet first started with a virus from asteroids.
I was responding from this response that life started from a virus. To be cotinued.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#478 Feb 5, 2013
Mitch wrote:
<quoted text>I was responding from this response that life started from a virus. To be cotinued.
It is a plausible theory as is abiogenesis .... Gaud dunnit is still a remote and distant probability and will remain so until he at least leaves a note.

Location hidden

#479 Feb 5, 2013
Mitch wrote:
<quoted text>I was responding from this response that life started from a virus.
It did, but first life needs to be defined. Life is a system in which proteins and nucleic acids interact in ways that allow the structure to grow and reproduce. It's that growth and reproduction, the ability to make more of yourself, that's important.

http://discovermagazine.com/2006/mar/unintell...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 55 min River Tam 123,326
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 286,526
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr lil whispers 619,446
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 hr 07 Mustang 7,160
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Huh 982,215
_ VATICAN to get 'Legal Right' to TEMPLE MOUNT _ 4 hr NewsJune2017 YTube 1
america needs more TRUTH AND JUSTICE 5 hr hacksaw 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr Born Again Holy C... 681,739
More from around the web