Are Atheists Good People?

“You Can't Throw MeTo TheWolves”

Since: May 10

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#436 Feb 3, 2013
"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord." -Adolf Hitler (Mein Kampf)

Hitler was a christian.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#437 Feb 3, 2013
"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow my self to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice… And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows . For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people." -Adolf Hitler, in a speech on 12 April 1922

Hitler was a christian.
Klink

Lawson, MO

#438 Feb 3, 2013
The Witch:
Fact: Christians burning "witches" in Africa.

<quoted text>

Klink: No it is not a fact rather a mislabeled video. The one being burned in front of his church is the pastor by the Muslims.

The Witch
You don't know what "genocide" means. Killing one or two unwelcome christards--who were responsible for their own actions--in the name of islam is not genocide.

Klink: 50,000 Christians were just cleansed from Syria. That's actually what the war is about.

http://alltheinternet.net/...

More in Africa.

The Witch:
"We were convinced that the people needs and requires this (christian) faith. We have therefore undertaken the fight against the atheistic movement, and that not merely with a few theoretical declarations: we have stamped it out." -Adolf Hitler, in a speech in Berlin on 24 Oct. 1933
<quoted text>

Klink: Hitler's Nazi Party were Roman Catholic, not Christian. They talk like christians referring to their faith, while killing Christians. Hitler probably said this quote in one of his anti-communist propaganda speeches.

The Witch:
They were innocent people accused of witchcraft by a christian government. Somewhere between 60,000 and 100,000.
<quoted text>

Klink: No there were not. The witches were/are in the Vatican. They called Protestants "witches" and heretics. They called Queen Elizabeth a witch and heretic because she was Protestant.

50 million did under Rome's inquisition many who were Christians who simply rejected the Pope.
http://archive.org/details/CatholicInquisitio...

The Witch:
The Crusades and the Inquisition proved otherwise. People were burned alive for being Jews.

Klink: and for being Christians in possession of the Bible, burned alive by Catholics who are alone responsible for their empire's war crimes, not Christianity.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#439 Feb 3, 2013
And I'll say it again: "We were convinced that the people needs and requires this (christian) faith. We have therefore undertaken the fight against the atheistic movement, and that not merely with a few theoretical declarations: we have stamped it out." -Adolf Hitler, in a speech in Berlin on 24 Oct. 1933

Hitler hated atheism.
Klink

Lawson, MO

#440 Feb 3, 2013

Out of the darkness
26/04/2005

The new Pope's faith was forged as a child in Nazi Germany, where he believes his Catholic Church stood firm against Hitler. But is he right? His biographer, John Allen, investigates.

Hitler came to power on the back of Catholic support. The "Enabling Act" which was the legal instrument giving Hitler the power to rule by decree, passed by the Reichstag on March 24, 1933, was able to squeak through only after it was endorsed by Monsignor Ludwig Kaas, the leader of the Catholic Centre Party.

Kaas acted in co-ordination with the German bishops. Four days later, on March 28, the German bishops rescinded their ban on Nazi party membership.

www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/3641048/Out...

www.srpska-mreza.com/library/facts/manhattan-...

http://liberalslikechrist.org/Catholic/NaziLe...

http://archive.org/details/VaticansHolocaust
Klink

Lawson, MO

#441 Feb 3, 2013
edited for factual cotent
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
And I'll say it again: "We were convinced that the people needs and requires this (catholic) faith. We have therefore undertaken the fight against the atheistic movement, and that not merely with a few theoretical declarations: we have stamped it out." -Adolf Hitler, in a speech in Berlin on 24 Oct. 1933
Hitler hated atheism.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#442 Feb 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw, they go out and kill for other reasons....
Of which atheism is not one.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#443 Feb 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Soon you can even start your own churches!
Oh, I did that a while back.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#445 Feb 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA !
A "study" done in a city like San Francisco wool be flawed.
Quit being ridiculous.
"Wool be flawed" Really?....cool!!!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#446 Feb 4, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
@MarkD That is YOU, but that does not mean there is an atheist who won't appose your ideas, e.g Atheist: There is no God, therefore good and bad only exist from our morals and our emotions/natural instincts. What they are is what we decide are good and bad correct? This only means that an atheist could somehow alter the morals simply by convincing others. That is not strong if some1 had high charisma such as hitler. Religion (Islam in my view) is what truth, Good and Bad is.
@blacklagoon after I had asked and searched about time<God God>time or God=Time it turns out that God is outside of this hole time we are in. God created time, Time never existed during/with/at the presence of God. We believe Allah created everything and anything our mind can think of only himself. We also believe that it is wrong to try and define God or put limits to which most atheists do because they try to interpret God somehow in a way that they can understand. Which is wrong and will make u lose even more faith and become corrupted. Another thing, people or atheists or non believers who are intelligent and wise, sometimes tell me why is it then that many of the brilliant minds, if they were that wise they would believe in God. Answer is that God also had put people of those high intellects to test his people if they can endure and not become mislead by people of those sorts, nowadays we have the geniuses who are to be a test for us. Back then, God tests his servants with many sorcerers who use to wield black magic, trickery and perform unimaginable wonders. Those who were weak have fallen by thinking they are the true Gods. Only a few hold such strong faith and are the hardest for Iblis (shataan)/satan tempt.
So here is the "meat" of your argument. You place your God in a position were he can't be challenged. "He is outside of time" This God of yours is also outside of our understanding. Your God can never be discovered by anyone who doesn't believe exactly as you do. Wow, how very convenient for you!!! You then continue to make claim after claim about this being you believe in, but none of those claims can be challenged since your God is undiscoverable outside of your personal belief.

Hence, you have absolutely NO argument at all. All you have is a personal belief. You have NO verifiable evidence since this God of yours is beyond time and our understanding. It would seem that he is beyond anyones understanding. How can anyone know anything about something beyond our scope of discovery. We can't discover anything about this being.....Unless, of course we accept the personal belief you have which is rooted in a holy book. A holy book no different from other holy books........Oh, yes, you will say that YOUR holy book is the one true book, just as you say your God is the one true God, completely and utterly ignoring all other Gods

You have no argument beyond your personal belief so you do what all religious people do, try and find the gaps i science were you can insert your own personal God thing. "Where did we come from?" "How did the universe begin?" .........Of course since science has a really good theory as to both, the fact that it is NOT completely understood, personal Gods get tossed into the Gap.

Then the real absurdity begins........."God is outside of our understanding and can't be disproved, science can't know anything about God."......Again how very convenient for you, you can make any ridiculous claim you care to make and not have to worry about supporting your claim, nice..........So now we can get really absurd...."God literally talks to me, the also literally touched me on the head." "God performs miracles all the time, he heals the sick, and saved my wife and child from a horrible house fire.">>>> >>>>>>and on and on it goes, I can literally say anything, make up the most ridiculous stories, make any claim I care to make and you......well you have to believe it because I SAY SO. Nice!!!!
He is Coming Soon

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#447 Feb 4, 2013
Mitch

Church Hill, VA

#448 Feb 4, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello!
What did i get right?
Thanks!
I share the same belief as you. Your comments are right on about this whole debate.

Location hidden

#449 Feb 4, 2013
Klink wrote:
Today in Africa Christians are being genocided by Islam. Christians in numerous countries in the past were genocided by atheistic communists. Christians were killed by the millions during the inquisition of Rome.
Karma for the Crusades? Paybacks a MF'er isn't it?
Mitch

Church Hill, VA

#450 Feb 4, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
There is not now, nor has there ever been, any proof of any god's existence.
Look in the mirror. What else could have created us?

Location hidden

#451 Feb 4, 2013
Mitch wrote:
Look in the mirror. What else could have created us?
Evolution.

DUH!!!

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#452 Feb 4, 2013
Mitch wrote:
<quoted text>Look in the mirror. What else could have created us?
My parents created me...what, exactly, created you?
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#453 Feb 4, 2013
Mitch wrote:
<quoted text>Look in the mirror. What else could have created us?
Panspermia.....It is a know fact that the planet Mars was a water rich world. There is much evidence that not only did Mars have abundant water but an atmosphere as well. Something very bad happened to Mars, and it happened well before the Earth began its life producing process. It is also a well known fact that asteroids that impact large planetary bodies like Mars, throw off material into space beyond the planet. We know for a Fact that microscopic organism can survive in the most hostile of environments. It is not beyond the realm of possibilities that the earth was "seeded" with these organisms (panspermia) and we are actually descendants from a vastly older Martian civilization. Impossible so you say? Here is an explanation that actually deals with everything found in the naturalist realm. It also deals with demonstrable evidence. 1.) Mars DID have vast amounts of water. 2.) Mars DID have an atmosphere. 3.) We KNOW that microscopic organisms can survive in extremely hostile environments. 4.) We KNOW that impacts from asteroids throw material from the object impacted into space.

This is a premiss dismissed by you I'm sure, but lets look at your premiss and the supporting evidence or facts that you present. Here is what you have........I have a holy book that says an imaginary being created everything. How was this done?.....well err....ah.. he scooped up some dirt and blew on it and a man magically appeared.

Door number 1.) or door number 2.) Behind door number 1.) we have supportive evidence and facts..behind door number 2,) we have.........well nothing!!!! just a holy book and magic.......Being a very intelligent human, I'll pick door number 1....how about you??
Mitch

Church Hill, VA

#454 Feb 4, 2013
Who created your parents?? This could go on and on. Go ahead. Say your grandparents. Maybe I should break it down for you. Who or what created life on earth?
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#455 Feb 4, 2013
He is Coming Soon wrote:
www.scribd.com/doc/31322017...
Holy shit, it must suck to be you. From the moment you were born you were a "sinner" whatever the hell that means. And you are convinced that ALL humans have a "sinister heart" which is deceitful and separately wicked. This is also what toy think of your wife and dead children? This is what you see when you gaze on your children? You accept all your family and friends as desperately wicked?

I can only feel intense pity for you. To go through life this way must be horrible, I can't even begin to imagine going through life with this mindset. To be so distrustful of your loved ones. To look at everyone as somehow evil. I can't begin to understand how you wake up in the morning g and go through your day with these thoughts swirling through your mind. You poor, poor bastard, how I do so pity you. Just another PRIME example of how religion poisons everything.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#457 Feb 4, 2013
Mitch wrote:
Who created your parents?? This could go on and on. Go ahead. Say your grandparents. Maybe I should break it down for you. Who or what created life on earth?
You didn't answer my question.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 24 min RoSesz 650,572
does any kids want to be completely naked for 2... 47 min Susan 2
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Aura Mytha 56,165
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr Steve III 446
Will Atheism defeat religion by year 2038? (Feb '15) 2 hr Thinking 73
Need someone to talk here, are you in for sexua... 2 hr sanchezjason48 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr Steve III 44,972
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr bad bob 182,967
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr Hangman 971,867
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 14 hr ChristineM 445,930
More from around the web