Are Atheists Good People?
christianity is EVIL

West Pubnico, Canada

#21 Jan 27, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
I wish to know if a sophisticated atheist can be a good person. Good as in does not murder, steal, or cause harm in any way to himself or others. Since Atheists deny the existence of God I see no reason that they must be good. Say I'm an atheist this is how I think...if I can steal this mans money and get away with it why on earth will I say NO!!?? no one can punish me and I'll just be happy who cares if he is sad why would I have feelings for him? if he is sad why must I be sad, am I the one being sad or him? screw him let him be sad I'll just do it..Therefore, if an Atheist is a genius and cunning he will satisfy his desires with no remorse. He will kill steal do anything since there is no God.
If there is a an Atheist who is a good person he is a dumb ass because he can cheat and trick do whatever he wants without getting punished unless caught. Or not a complete Atheist meaning he still doubts the deny of God. If your an Atheist and have some feelings that you fear or anything it simply means you fell the presence of God but your just too scared to admit it.
That's why sophisticated Atheists are technically evil men and cannot be trusted, since they do not love God and fear his wrath.
read this then come back

http://atheists.org/content/ethics-without-go...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#22 Jan 27, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say it would be someone like Catcher, nothing like you dear! You just a normal atheist!:-)
Oh dear, but they kill children and they think they are going to heaven, they don't fear God, they love him coz he's on their side! Nope, i don't see any fear!
Hey, Clem.

The Borderland of Sol

#23 Jan 27, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You're wrong on so many point here. I don't LOVE God, I completely and utterly reject any notion that this imaginary being exists. How then do I NOT murder, rape and steal? The instincts I have toward you fellow humans has nothing to do with God. If you want to contend that somehow this mythical being instilled these feeling in me, you are required to provide proof of that claim.
No, God did not send a prophet during the 198,000 years that man has been on the planet. If you story is true (Which I doubt very seriously) the God sat with arms folded and watched mankind get along for 198,000 years just fine without his laws, and then a mere 2,000 years ago sent this prophet.
Why am I happy when I do good things? In this vast unmeasurable cosmos, our species and our planet appear to be all there is, at lest at this moment in time. Life is precious, I know that this life is all we have, there is no afterlife, so every moment and every life is precious. Anything that I can do that fosters good will, that promotes caring and compassion, I feel intensely happy. Theists like you, treat this life as a mere interlude, a stepping stone to life eternal, so you do not savor life as do we who know death is the end of existence.
I feel intense pity for you. That the only reason you have to behave compassionately towards your fellow brothers and sisters, is because of fear from and outside agent, and agent with absolutely no verifiable evidence. Once again, Shame on you for your inhumanity.
BL! Where ya been?
christianity is EVIL

West Pubnico, Canada

#24 Jan 27, 2013

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#25 Jan 27, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Explain the difference between an "sophisticated Atheist" and a Militant Atheist. And then i'll explain why someone poses to be a scatterbrain wide eyes female. The "Who, little old me" mentality. Then posing to be an innocent little female with a childlike mentality.
A 'sophisticated Atheist' is someone like catcher or tide, u r the militant type (the fanatic), lol i don't know i'm making this up...OR AM I?

lol, what r u on? I am a girl, i told u guys i can even prove it! I was gonna prove it to lesbo, but she ran off, u can ask her if u want, i'm not hiding anything, it's u guys that got something to hide!! I'm exactly who i say i am, this is the real me!! Why the fuck is it so hard for u to believe?

Location hidden

#26 Jan 27, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, Clem.
Hey, macumazahn!!

Do u doubt who i am too?

I don't know what lagoon guys problem is with me! Do you?
lazy atheist

Blacklick, OH

#27 Jan 27, 2013
You should have made this a poll. The only problem would be the 10 answer limit.

Since: Jan 13

Kuwait, Kuwait

#28 Jan 27, 2013
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
read this then come back
http://atheists.org/content/ethics-without-go...
I must say I was truly amazed in what I've read, never really thought u had such strong reasoning!! ;D

So you highly value psychology?

"Psychobiological Foundations" This simply leads us to another discussion..So its all a coincidence?(evolution etc)

As for the "A Digression" and the rest, I still can't put my finger on it. So your telling me I should not worry about atheists because it is in their nature to be good? Believe me its not how it is out there, from what I know the US has many Atheists and also the worlds largest rates of mentally disordered and also number one in prisoners and jailers. That may support my opinion but still you could easily tackle it. However, now that u say Atheists are good by humanity and evolution. Well I ask you this, if somehow in the future we evolve back into savages and barbarians in other words Devolve will it be the end of humanity? I would then repeat this important point is this then all a coincidence of how we evolved and managed to be senior citizens? No God commanded this? We just simply 0. billions of billion zeros and the 1 just happened somehow, the bigbang etc. Believe me if a mathematician sees this I think he will say the chances of God has created all this is much higher than what your saying since you love logic ;)

One last point, so all atheists now wish they could get rid of their emotions and do whatever they like or are you guys just prisoners for those sensations? I thought u had freewill.

However, I'm still reading some of "thereligionofpeace" site you provided. I'll reply u once I'm done.

Kuwait, Kuwait

#29 Jan 27, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, macumazahn!!
Do u doubt who i am too?
hmm after what lagoon said I'm starting to doubt you :P

Kuwait, Kuwait

#30 Jan 27, 2013
lazy atheist wrote:
You should have made this a poll. The only problem would be the 10 answer limit.
What exactly is a pole? I'm new here rly ;P

Location hidden

#32 Jan 27, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
hmm after what lagoon said I'm starting to doubt you :P
Well, u can all stick your doubts up your....your...i don't know....um...stinking chimneys!:-p

Location hidden

#33 Jan 27, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
It's when u ask a question and people vote (yes/no) or choose the answer they want outta loads of answers.

There should be an option somewhere, i been here after a long time, i haven't started any threads this time, i've forgotten where things are, hang on i'll have a look and tell u!

Location hidden

#34 Jan 27, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, where it says create a discussion it also says create a poll!

u see it? click on that if u want to create a poll!

A pole is a big long hard stick thing that girls dance around and they call it pole dancing!

u welcome!

The Borderland of Sol

#35 Jan 27, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, macumazahn!!
Do u doubt who i am too?
Laffin.
Nah, I know you!

I know Lagoon, too.

Make nice, the both of you!
lazy atheist

Blacklick, OH

#36 Jan 27, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
It's when u ask a question and people vote (yes/no) or choose the answer they want outta loads of answers.
There should be an option somewhere, i been here after a long time, i haven't started any threads this time, i've forgotten where things are, hang on i'll have a look and tell u!
It's the button that says start a poll.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#37 Jan 27, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
A 'sophisticated Atheist' is someone like catcher or tide, u r the militant type (the fanatic), lol i don't know i'm making this up...OR AM I?
lol, what r u on? I am a girl, i told u guys i can even prove it! I was gonna prove it to lesbo, but she ran off, u can ask her if u want, i'm not hiding anything, it's u guys that got something to hide!! I'm exactly who i say i am, this is the real me!! Why the fuck is it so hard for u to believe?
people doesn't believe each other on the cyber space,who they are and what they are

because 99% of those internet posters,are criminals,losers, lonely punks,poor,walfare foodstamps, just deceived simple low quality human creatures crying all day long against others,not seeing own wickedness and lost parasite lonely dung life.

Just mostly of them are MEANCE OF THIS SOCIETY WAITING FOR LAST GODS JUDGEMENT TO BE ERAZED FROM THIS EARTH LIKE WORTHLESS IMMORAL INSECTS
christianity is EVIL

West Pubnico, Canada

#38 Jan 27, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
I must say I was truly amazed in what I've read, never really thought u had such strong reasoning!! ;D
So you highly value psychology?
"Psychobiological Foundations" This simply leads us to another discussion..So its all a coincidence?(evolution etc)
As for the "A Digression" and the rest, I still can't put my finger on it. So your telling me I should not worry about atheists because it is in their nature to be good? Believe me its not how it is out there, from what I know the US has many Atheists and also the worlds largest rates of mentally disordered and also number one in prisoners and jailers. That may support my opinion but still you could easily tackle it. However, now that u say Atheists are good by humanity and evolution. Well I ask you this, if somehow in the future we evolve back into savages and barbarians in other words Devolve will it be the end of humanity? I would then repeat this important point is this then all a coincidence of how we evolved and managed to be senior citizens? No God commanded this? We just simply 0. billions of billion zeros and the 1 just happened somehow, the bigbang etc. Believe me if a mathematician sees this I think he will say the chances of God has created all this is much higher than what your saying since you love logic ;)
One last point, so all atheists now wish they could get rid of their emotions and do whatever they like or are you guys just prisoners for those sensations? I thought u had freewill.
However, I'm still reading some of "thereligionofpeace" site you provided. I'll reply u once I'm done.
the US is 80.% religious,
atheists are very small minority
,and yet has the highest number of prisoners in the world! what does that tell you?

fear of god is NO incentive to be good if all you have to do is accept Jebus and all is cool!

Google atheist countries and compare their standard of life and lack of crime to religious ones...

Kuwait, Kuwait

#39 Jan 27, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, where it says create a discussion it also says create a poll!
u see it? click on that if u want to create a poll!
A pole is a big long hard stick thing that girls dance around and they call it pole dancing!
u welcome!
haha thnx I know what a pole is in real life though XD
hmm after that comment yes your a girl :P
christianity is EVIL

West Pubnico, Canada

#41 Jan 27, 2013
Several weeks ago, a ground-breaking study on religious belief and social well-being was published in the Journal of Religion & Society. Comparing 18 prosperous democracies from the U.S. to New Zealand, author Gregory S Paul quietly demolished the myth that faith strengthens society.

Drawing on a wide range of studies to cross-match faith – measured by belief in God and acceptance of evolution – with homicide and intimate behavior, Paul found that secular societies have lower rates of violence and teenage pregnancy than societies where many people profess belief in God.

Top of the class, in both atheism and good behavior, come the Japanese. Over eighty percent accept evolution and fewer than ten percent are certain that God exists. Despite its size – over a hundred million people – Japan is one of the least crime-prone countries in the world. It also has the lowest rates of teenage pregnancy of any developed nation.

(Teenage pregnancy has less tragic consequences than violence but it is usually unwanted, and it is frequently associated with deprivation among both mothers and children. In general, it is a Bad Thing.)

Next in line are the Norwegians, British, Germans and Dutch. At least sixty percent accept evolution as a fact and fewer than one in three are convinced that there is a deity. There is little teenage pregnancy , although the Brits, with over 40 pregnancies per 1,000 girls a year, do twice as badly as the others. Homicide rates are also low -- around 1-2 victims per 100,000 people a year.

At the other end of the scale comes America. Over 50 percent of Americans believe in God, and only 40 percent accept some form of evolution (many believe it had a helping hand from the Deity). The U.S. has the highest rate of teenage pregnancy and homicide rates are at least five times greater than in Europe and ten times higher than in Japan.

All this information points to a strong correlation between faith and antisocial behavior -- a correlation so strong that there is good reason to suppose that religious belief does more harm than good.

At first glance that is a preposterous suggestion, given that religions preach non-violence and intimate restraint. However, close inspection reveals a different story. Faith tends to weaken rather than strengthen people’s ability to participate in society. That makes it less likely they will respect social customs and laws.

All believers learn that God holds them responsible for their actions. So far so good, but for many, belief absolves them of all other responsibilities. Consciously or subconsciously, those who are "born again" or "chosen" have diminished respect for others who do not share their sect or their faith. Convinced that only the Bible offers "truth", they lose their intellectual curiosity and their ability to reason. Their priority becomes not the world they live in but themselves.

The more people prioritize themselves rather than those around them, the weaker society becomes and the greater the likelihood of antisocial behavior. Hence gun laws which encourage Americans to see each other not as fellow human beings who deserve protection, but as potential aggressors who deserve to die. And hence a health care system which looks after the wealthy rather than the ill.

As for sex… Faith encourages ignorance rather than responsible behavior. In other countries, sex education includes contraception, reducing the risk of unwanted pregnancies. Such an approach recognizes that young people have the right to make their own choices and helps them make decisions that benefit society as a whole. In America faith-driven abstinence programs deny them that right -- "As a Christian I will only help you if you do what I say". The result is soaring rates of unwanted pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections.

Abstinence programs rest on the same weak intellectual foundation as creationism and intelligent design. Faith discourages unprejudiced analysis.

Kuwait, Kuwait

#42 Jan 27, 2013
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
the US is 80.% religious,
atheists are very small minority
,and yet has the highest number of prisoners in the world! what does that tell you?
fear of god is NO incentive to be good if all you have to do is accept Jebus and all is cool!
Google atheist countries and compare their standard of life and lack of crime to religious ones...
I will do so
Yes you surprised me about that percentage and prisoners comparison. Yet, I'll check on other countries now and see.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr Trumps Gray Bar M... 46,585
Skype sex? (Feb '15) 3 hr willthis23 24
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 3 hr Exposing Devil Lies 421
Is Steve Harvey's 'Family Fued' racially biased?? (Oct '13) 6 hr debi0117 12
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 hr Gabriel 990,687
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 hr immaculatejaculate 692,026
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 11 hr el rey de los cam... 8,528
More from around the web