Are Atheists Good People?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#352 Feb 2, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =nauLgZISozsXX
Yes, we know you're something of a simpleton.

Thank you for admitting that there is not now, nor has there ever been, any proof of any god's existence.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#353 Feb 2, 2013
Martix wrote:
Only a manipulator can say that "No one else is interested"
No, a manipulator would be someone like you, trying to push things on people by using trickery. Who are you trying to convince, everyone else or yourself?

Location hidden

#354 Feb 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Then, by all means; disprove hell.
I - already have.

If - you - truly want to learn the truth then - you - need to do your own research.

I'll post things once, maybe twice, but after that you're on your own.

You seem to forget, YOU are the religious SLAVE here. You don't get to boss anyone around. You'll learn your religion and you'll like it....LOL....

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#355 Feb 2, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
I wish to know if a sophisticated atheist can be a good person. Good as in does not murder, steal, or cause harm in any way to himself or others. Since Atheists deny the existence of God I see no reason that they must be good. Say I'm an atheist this is how I think...if I can steal this mans money and get away with it why on earth will I say NO!!?? no one can punish me and I'll just be happy who cares if he is sad why would I have feelings for him? if he is sad why must I be sad, am I the one being sad or him? screw him let him be sad I'll just do it..Therefore, if an Atheist is a genius and cunning he will satisfy his desires with no remorse. He will kill steal do anything since there is no God.
If there is a an Atheist who is a good person he is a dumb ass because he can cheat and trick do whatever he wants without getting punished unless caught. Or not a complete Atheist meaning he still doubts the deny of God. If your an Atheist and have some feelings that you fear or anything it simply means you fell the presence of God but your just too scared to admit it.
That's why sophisticated Atheists are technically evil men and cannot be trusted, since they do not love God and fear his wrath.
I see this as evidence of the hateful little trolls Christians are at their core. With no fear of their "magic sky daddy's" ire, they would be the sick twisted monsters you describe.

Atheists have no such fear. There is good and bad among them as there are among any group, but the ethic of reciprocity is as strong among them as among any religious group. This is the only life they get, so why screw it up with hate, greed and avarice?

But of course, christians are still free to behave in such selfish ways as long as they remember to ask forgiveness every Sunday.

#356 Feb 2, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend I have soooo many like you seriously I'm just here to argue about the extreme ones..furthor on I managed to help 6 of them simply just by telling them this...in there face nothing wrong right? I said to them how can I trust you..and started this until he then started mentioning the feeling of guilt and so. We continue why do u feel this way or why do u feel happyness trust me the do believe in God deeply or unconsciously they just need to be awakened. Or sadly it could ruin there lives as you know awakening them in the wrong path in believing why was I good all this time hard working wasting time tired while I could do bad things..No God watches me I should have stolen that wallet before on the ground..damn I could have raped her in the elevator when it got stuck...Igot all the lawyers and money I could get away with things easily whats stopping me...Uhh Thank you my friend you have opened my eyes I should do whatever I want
Or the good path thank you my friend I never should have lost divinity towards God.
How can I trust you? Knowing that you can do whatever evil you wish, then get forgiven next Sunday?

#357 Feb 2, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
No its in human nature just as our friend was saying..evolution and caring which at the same time SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST. Back then their ideas were different kill and break others him in order that they fear yours. Rape their daughter in order that yours is not raped. You tell me you don't need God to teach you these. May be but it taught them. However, these are taught as a bases of building ones faith. There other others I can argue like...stop smoking no alcohol thats bad..If you came to me in 1000 years instead of saying I don't need God to teach me not to murder or still you'd say I don't need God to tell me don't drink smoke or masturbate.. This just keeps on. Unless you open your mind now.
Bull Crap!! The ethic of reciprocity is evident in many other species besides man. This is part of being a social animal. Animals developed social skills as a survival trait. The ethic of reciprocity made them more able to survive because they live as a group rather than solitary vulnerable individuals. No God is required for this.

#358 Feb 2, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
"I completely and utterly reject any notion that this imaginary being exists" this is easily contradicted. Then you don't believe in bacteria and other microorganisms?
"you are required to provide proof of that claim" I definitely agree on that. At the moment I do not know how, but I'll begin right away and reply you later.
"the God sat with arms folded and watched mankind get along for 198,000 years just fine without his laws, and then a mere 2,000 years ago sent this prophet" This is falsified as in our belief, Adam was the first fleshly created human, Which himself we consider a prophet. As God is the creator of all creations matter energy and all.
"Anything that I can do that fosters good will, that promotes caring and compassion, I feel intensely happy" I want you to explain this. What exactly is this happiness since the human instincts bear greed,sloth,glut,envy,wrath,lu st and pride. Why would u seal them? Why did you not live and follow your instincts like other animals do? is it because you feel superior that you think you must have some control? here we go again;I become the devil and come to you.."your a fool you could have taken off his money through that scam and bought that car for your son...filthy money does not matter there is no God. Shower your children with filthy money who cares? do you fear someone do u love someone? No, you're superior you should live as a God.
"is because of fear from and outside agent". Once again I repeat fear is one of the attributes. We do not sin because we fear his wrath. We do good because we are divine towards him. Believe me if there was no God I would have committed adultery a loooong time ago. Thankfully I'm still a virgin. Never drank never smoked. and you tell me you pity me? For what? I rly do not know?
bacteria and other microorganisms are not imaginary. Your magic sky daddy who created the universe with pixie dust is imaginary!

#359 Feb 2, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
Not the point, point was can u see the sun while it is fully exposed with the naked eye? eve if u do your eyes are damaged, thus you hardly can see the created..
The sun can be detected, but your magic sky daddy can not. He's most likely imaginary.

#360 Feb 2, 2013
Martix wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not a propaganda, these are historical facts!
Watch this:
The Soviet Story
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =h662lqhGIKsXX
Watch also Nazi Germany and Soviet Russia - A Poster Comparison
This is a poster comparison between the two largest murder ideologies of our time; nazism and communism. The striking resemblance says a lot of the nature of the ideologies and their connection to each other.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
They are hysterical, but they certainly are not facts.
Martix

Kraków, Poland

#361 Feb 2, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
They are hysterical, but they certainly are not facts.
Who are you that you undermine the testimonies of eyewitnesses of Soviet terror and outstanding Western European and Russian historians?

Should I believe them or a blind atheist and historical ignoramus.

Location hidden

#362 Feb 2, 2013
Martix wrote:
You should grow a back bone and learn to think for yourself. All you're doing is being indoctrinated. They say jump. You ask how high.
christianity is EVIL

West Pubnico, Canada

#363 Feb 2, 2013
Martix wrote:
Here you can watch some scary statistics connected with atheism. As the author of the fil says not all atheists are like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =rM6Mk0r8W38XX
learn about atheism then talk

www.atheists.org
Normand Guay

Winnipeg, Canada

#364 Feb 2, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
There is not now, nor has there ever been, any proof of any god's existence.
--- Just Think,--- "Proof of the ONE AND Only TRUE GOD IS; "GOD'S 10 COMMANDMENTS" that was written with GOD'S OWN FINGER on two tablets, for all people to see"... as per your Holy Scriptures...Read your HOLY SCRIPTURES AND YOU WILL SEE IT...Thankyou, meet you in Heaven...
christianity is EVIL

West Pubnico, Canada

#365 Feb 2, 2013
Martix wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not a propaganda, these are historical facts!
Watch this:
The Soviet Story
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =h662lqhGIKsXX
Watch also Nazi Germany and Soviet Russia - A Poster Comparison
This is a poster comparison between the two largest murder ideologies of our time; nazism and communism. The striking resemblance says a lot of the nature of the ideologies and their connection to each other.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
did you know that Hitler was a xian!

http://nobeliefs.com/Hitler1.htm

www.evilbible.com
christianity is EVIL

West Pubnico, Canada

#366 Feb 2, 2013
Hitler's religious beliefs and fanaticism (quotes from Mein Kampf)

Hitler wrote: "I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.." As a boy, Hitler attended to the Catholic church and experienced the anti-Semitic attitude of his culture. In his book, Mein Kampf, Hitler reveals himself as a fanatical believer in God and country.

Location hidden

#367 Feb 2, 2013
Normand Guay wrote:
"Proof of the ONE AND Only TRUE GOD IS; "GOD'S 10 COMMANDMENTS" that was written with GOD'S OWN FINGER on two tablets, for all people to see"..
How do you know there was only 10 commandments? How do you know that was "gods" finger?

You're a good slave.

#368 Feb 2, 2013
Martix wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you that you undermine the testimonies of eyewitnesses of Soviet terror and outstanding Western European and Russian historians?
Hitler was a Christian all his life.
Stalin was Raised Georgian Orthodox, at 16 he attended a Georgian Orthodox seminary ... Christian

What else were you lying about?
Martix

Kraków, Poland

#369 Feb 2, 2013
MarkD_ wrote:
<quoted text>You don't understand what propaganda is...
Video claims that crusades were not done by Christians, then goes on to say that atheists, when they "get ahold of a whole government" are responsible for killing 10's of thousands of religious people.
Well, then the site that the video links as reference seems to pretty clearly agree with the common idea that the crusades was a Christian campaign, and the "atheists" they're talking about "getting ahold of a whole government" was a revolutionary group with a hatred for the Catholic church, that ruled Paris for 2 months.
That kind of twisting is pretty well definitive of propaganda.
Everyday I watch propaganda on TV, radio or read here on the forum so don't tell me that I dont know what propaganda is.

"Those were not Christians" - It was probably the author's interpretation. Probably he/she arrived at the conclusions because killing is at variance with the Gospel so by commiting a heavy crime you exclude yourself from the Christian community/from the Church. You should ask the author. The same is if about the number of victims made by Christians. I think that 5 million is a huge exaggeration.

Taking the safiest estimations atheistic systems killed over 100 million people only in XX "civilized" century.

The crusades caused deaths of several dozen thousands people during the two dark "dimwit" medieval centuries. Even in the most hostile, anti-Church studies nobody gives more than 1 million victims. If about Inquisition, acording to Vatikan archives (excluding the Spanish Inquisition) from XII to XIX there were 100 thousand of "heresy trials" (the Church ones and secular ones) and 100 people were sentence to death. In Spain there were 125 thousand trials and 1,5% of them ended with death sentence.

The Inquisition critics omit the conditions of the period in which the inquisition was. Sacrum Officium (the Inquisition tribunal) came into being in the Middle Ages when there was no separation of Church and state and the monarches treated their offices as granted by God. There was no separation of legislation and Christian rules and the secular authorities treated offences against the faith the same as the offences agaist the state.

If you don't see a difference between over 100 million victims killed by atheists only during one century and several dozen thousands people killed during centuries by people who considered themselved as Christians, you shouldn't deal with history but maybe you should learn arithmetic.

Moreover, Communists have naver apologized for their crimes. The Church many times have apologized for its mistakes.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#370 Feb 2, 2013
Normand Guay wrote:
<quoted text>--- Just Think,--- "Proof of the ONE AND Only TRUE GOD IS; "GOD'S 10 COMMANDMENTS" that was written with GOD'S OWN FINGER on two tablets, for all people to see"... as per your Holy Scriptures...Read your HOLY SCRIPTURES AND YOU WILL SEE IT...Thankyou, meet you in Heaven...
Prove it.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#371 Feb 2, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler was a Christian all his life.
Stalin was Raised Georgian Orthodox, at 16 he attended a Georgian Orthodox seminary ... Christian
What else were you lying about?
Hi, Ooog.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 27 min Brian_G 445,965
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr guest 653,701
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 1 hr thetruth 9,362
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Steve III 45,229
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Steve III 618,754
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 hr Thinking 63,446
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr DebraE 106,479
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr karl44 973,685
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 hr Pegasus 281,841
More from around the web