Are Atheists Good People?

Since: Dec 09

Cleveland, TN

#332 Feb 2, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
As God is the creator of all creations matter energy and all.
Thus the creator of good, and evil, sin. Oh, but He gave us free will. So all good things are to His credit, but all evil to ours, despite Him creating them both, as well as creating in us a desire to do wrong, so that we much find the strength to choose against our desires...

Sorry, I can't agree with giving all credit and no blame. If He's all knowing, He knew in the beginning how many of us "children" would be going to burn for eternity in the Hell that He chose to create for those who act as He designed us to act...

This alone is reason enough for me to not buy into words of men, written by many man spanning centuries, which then had other men pick and choose what to include into their compilations of self-validating handbooks for controlling with fear.

Also, you'd think that actual historians of the times might have documented a little of these events, heh. Just watch Zeitgeist, it puts a lot of info and explanation into one convenient package.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#333 Feb 2, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
I have read the fallacies, and understood. I must say that it has destroyed almost all the discussions I had in mind, However that does not mean there is no flaw in the Atheism rules or system. I will study it well, come back with a valid argument.@Mylan I have looked into the dark matter got too confusing, also anti matter its barely understandable, for the ones who are studying it have some difficulties understanding it themselves. I'll try to look into it later on.@Boooots, I still have much to say, I'll continue our conv later.
Always willing to discuss with someone who will discuss points of disagreement, rather than attack anyone who disagrees which is how many on Topix act.

Since: Jan 13

Kuwait, Kuwait

#334 Feb 2, 2013
@MarkD That is YOU, but that does not mean there is an atheist who won't appose your ideas, e.g Atheist: There is no God, therefore good and bad only exist from our morals and our emotions/natural instincts. What they are is what we decide are good and bad correct? This only means that an atheist could somehow alter the morals simply by convincing others. That is not strong if some1 had high charisma such as hitler. Religion (Islam in my view) is what truth, Good and Bad is.

@blacklagoon after I had asked and searched about time<God God>time or God=Time it turns out that God is outside of this hole time we are in. God created time, Time never existed during/with/at the presence of God. We believe Allah created everything and anything our mind can think of only himself. We also believe that it is wrong to try and define God or put limits to which most atheists do because they try to interpret God somehow in a way that they can understand. Which is wrong and will make u lose even more faith and become corrupted. Another thing, people or atheists or non believers who are intelligent and wise, sometimes tell me why is it then that many of the brilliant minds, if they were that wise they would believe in God. Answer is that God also had put people of those high intellects to test his people if they can endure and not become mislead by people of those sorts, nowadays we have the geniuses who are to be a test for us. Back then, God tests his servants with many sorcerers who use to wield black magic, trickery and perform unimaginable wonders. Those who were weak have fallen by thinking they are the true Gods. Only a few hold such strong faith and are the hardest for Iblis (shataan)/satan tempt.

Kuwait, Kuwait

#335 Feb 2, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Always willing to discuss with someone who will discuss points of disagreement, rather than attack anyone who disagrees which is how many on Topix act.
I agree, I'm only here for arguments that may benefit both or any side. I realized there are many of those like u said, but I still do not mind discussing with them, for you know that there is always hope even for the lost. Even if someone that has sinned all his life, if he deeply feels regret and shame, by then asking forgiveness and wants repentance. God will not erase his sins, but turn all those sins into deeds! it is never too late you can atone. You do not know when you will die, for that it is best to repent while you can. here is something that has truly stunned me when I read from Imam Ali; The sin which makes you sad and repentant is more liked by Allah than the good deed which turns you arrogant.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#336 Feb 2, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
A refusal that will DAMN THEIR SOULS.
Not everyone is ignorant and sheepishly gullible like you.

What's it to you what may or may not happen to them?

Waste your own life if you must but mind your own business while you're doing it.

Location hidden

#337 Feb 2, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
So you're wasting your life away based on a stupid youtube video?

What a buffoon.

Kuwait, Kuwait

#338 Feb 2, 2013
MarkD_ wrote:
<quoted text>Thus the creator of good, and evil, sin. Oh, but He gave us free will. So all good things are to His credit, but all evil to ours, despite Him creating them both, as well as creating in us a desire to do wrong, so that we much find the strength to choose against our desires...
Sorry, I can't agree with giving all credit and no blame. If He's all knowing, He knew in the beginning how many of us "children" would be going to burn for eternity in the Hell that He chose to create for those who act as He designed us to act...
This alone is reason enough for me to not buy into words of men, written by many man spanning centuries, which then had other men pick and choose what to include into their compilations of self-validating handbooks for controlling with fear.
Also, you'd think that actual historians of the times might have documented a little of these events, heh. Just watch Zeitgeist, it puts a lot of info and explanation into one convenient package.
Not for eternity, for the amount of sins they committed they are punished. God never takes credit for your deeds. It is you and only you who is able to. You only see God as evil because you feel it is wrong about hell punishment. What about the Good? it is the best for them that is how it is, there is no in between either ur good or bad. If you try and stay in between your the enemy of both Good and Evil. I've seen Zeitgeist, and disagree with it. Yes he is all knowing, but that does not mean that your future cannot be rewritten ofcourse even that God knows. Hence, it is not for him to see what you will do. You always understand this wrong. It is for us, all of us. If God did not let you continue on, then on judgement day you will simply say we did not have the chance. As for that now u do.

Location hidden

#339 Feb 2, 2013
[QUOTE who="Victor Belmont'] However that does not mean there is no flaw in the Atheism rules or system[/QUOTE]The ONLY rule or "system" is to remain open-minded at all times.
@Mylan I have looked into the dark matter got too confusing, also anti matter its barely understandable
Those are two separate things. Why would you think that anything having to do with your "god" would be easily understood? See if this article makes it a little easier for you;

http://science.howstuffworks.com/dictionary/a...

Location hidden

#340 Feb 2, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
You only see God as evil because you feel it is wrong about hell punishment.
Not true. There is no hell. That much we clearly know. There is no 'devil' unless it is part of your "god".
If God did not let you continue on, then on judgement day you will simply say we did not have the chance.
Your "god" sounds exactly like a bully who suffers from low self esteem. Weird.
Martix

Kraków, Poland

#341 Feb 2, 2013
Here you can watch some scary statistics connected with atheism. As the author of the fil says not all atheists are like this.

Location hidden

#342 Feb 2, 2013
Martix wrote:
Here you can watch some scary statistics connected with atheism.
Why would anyone want to take time out of their life to watch that propaganda?

Cleveland, TN

#343 Feb 2, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
@MarkD That is YOU, but that does not mean there is an atheist who won't appose your ideas, e.g Atheist: There is no God, therefore good and bad only exist from our morals and our emotions/natural instincts.
Yes that is me, and that was to your question. You didn't ask if there are any atheists who justify doing wrong or doing harm by there being no God to hold them accountable. You asked if there were good atheists, and then questioned why an atheist would be good. And the answer is yes, and because no matter what reasons people use to justify or excuse the things they do, good/evil, right/wrong have nothing at all to do with religion exclusively.
Victor Belmont wrote:
What they are is what we decide are good and bad correct? This only means that an atheist could somehow alter the morals simply by convincing others. That is not strong if some1 had high charisma such as hitler. Religion (Islam in my view) is what truth, Good and Bad is.
You misuse the words atheist and religion here. Your sentence "atheist could somehow alter the morals" could be filled with ANY word referring to ANY kind of person. It's no different than religion. Religion is not synonymous with truth, nor is it able to dictate good and bad on it's own. It's debatable if Hitler was atheist or Christian. And someone strapping a bomb to their chest to blow up a bus in the name of Allah certainly isn't "good" because it's done in the name of religion.

So again, you're speaking with the ignorant perception that wherever you input the word atheist or religion, it has relevance to your questioning, and repeatedly making the mistake of trying to relate morality to holding a religious belief.
Martix

Kraków, Poland

#344 Feb 2, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Why would anyone want to take time out of their life to watch that propaganda?
This is not a propaganda, these are historical facts!

Watch this:
The Soviet Story

Watch also Nazi Germany and Soviet Russia - A Poster Comparison

This is a poster comparison between the two largest murder ideologies of our time; nazism and communism. The striking resemblance says a lot of the nature of the ideologies and their connection to each other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

#345 Feb 2, 2013
Martix wrote:
They are half truths, making them propaganda. Don't you even know how propaganda works? You are being manipulated by them and a slave to it. No one else is interested.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#346 Feb 2, 2013
Mylan wrote:
Not true. There is no hell. That much we clearly know.
HA HA HA !!!

You "know" this?

Please share your findings with the rest of the class.

We'll wait.

Cleveland, TN

#347 Feb 2, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
Not for eternity, for the amount of sins they committed they are punished.
That is one interpretation. Not all religious people see it that way.
Victor Belmont wrote:
God never takes credit for your deeds. It is you and only you who is able to.
I didn't say He takes the credit, I was referring to the way people give Him the credit, but then act like He can do no wrong, make no mistakes, that all bad comes from us, or as deserved punishment from Him.
Victor Belmont wrote:
You only see God as evil because you feel it is wrong about hell punishment. What about the Good? it is the best for them that is how it is, there is no in between either ur good or bad. If you try and stay in between your the enemy of both Good and Evil.
Let me clarify that I'm not atheist, but agnostic. I don't see "Him" as evil, because if there is a "He" there, none of us have any idea what It is. I also don't see Him as good. I just feel that whatever forces may be there beyond the physical life, is a lot more objective and a lot less petty and convoluted than anything described in the compilations that organized religion springs from. By the books, it doesn't make sense that we were created to be punished for the way we were created. But makes perfect sense to try to pass such ideas if you want to try to control people by fear. But something being religiously forbidden certainly does not define for everyone whether it's right or wrong. I certainly don't condemn people for having sex before marriage. I don't feel it's in any way immoral. Ask the majority of women in the world how they feel about the customs in predominately Islamic regions of the world...
Victor Belmont wrote:
I've seen Zeitgeist, and disagree with it.
That's a convenient response to something which points out the similarities and repeated Christ-like God/Son stories of many religions, which predate the major religions of today, as well as pretty tightly tying the stories and interpretations to astrology, which can be historically proven to have been a very very big part of ancient cultures. I still can't gather why we've come to call almost all religions mythology, but still have some people who insist we should actually teach creationism in school as an alternative to scientific explanation.

Location hidden

#348 Feb 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Please share your findings with the rest of the class.
Any ten year old can disprove hell. All it takes is a little honest research. Not only have I posted these facts but so have several others. You really do like drinking that religious kool-aid don't you? You're a good slave.
Martix

Kraków, Poland

#349 Feb 2, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>They are half truths, making them propaganda. Don't you even know how propaganda works? You are being manipulated by them and a slave to it. No one else is interested.
Everyone knows one’s own mind. Only a manipulator can say that "No one else is interested" Please let the people judge the facts by themselves.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#350 Feb 2, 2013
Mylan wrote:
Any ten year old can disprove hell.
Then, by all means; disprove hell.
All it takes is a little honest research. Not only have I posted these facts but so have several others. You really do like drinking that religious kool-aid don't you? You're a good slave.
Waiting for the "little honest research"....

Or will you just spout more opinion?

Cleveland, TN

#351 Feb 2, 2013
Martix wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't understand what propaganda is...

Video claims that crusades were not done by Christians, then goes on to say that atheists, when they "get ahold of a whole government" are responsible for killing 10's of thousands of religious people.

Well, then the site that the video links as reference seems to pretty clearly agree with the common idea that the crusades was a Christian campaign, and the "atheists" they're talking about "getting ahold of a whole government" was a revolutionary group with a hatred for the Catholic church, that ruled Paris for 2 months.

That kind of twisting is pretty well definitive of propaganda.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 min good advice 617,969
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 6 min DENG 38,030
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 10 min spinosaurus baryonyx 30,048
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 12 min good advice 43,918
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 15 min Rider on the Storm 181,954
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 min pusherman 968,889
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 23 min Just Think 638,055
More from around the web