Are Atheists Good People?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#268 Jan 31, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
So reading comprehension is another thing you're not good at?
You said you tried the first part of the "experiment".....

Can't remember?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#269 Jan 31, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
A fact?
LOL..oh, stop.
Whether or not you believe in Him, God has no name. He's just God.

Fact.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#270 Jan 31, 2013
Being a good person is all empathy and reasoning skills.

I don't hurt other people because I don't like being hurt. If someone stole something I loved I would be sad and furious and think the thief a piece of shit scumbag. Therefore how could I justify to myself turning around and stealing from someone else?

And as social animals, as with many other social animals, empathy is a natural part of our evolution because it promotes cooperation in the group. Hell I cried several times when I heard about those kids getting shot and when 9/11 happened and I live nowhere near these people. That's empathy. Most people have it and it's not because they believe in god, it's a natural reaction.

That's why both athiests and religious people can be good. Why would anyone think god is required?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#271 Jan 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, God.
Shiva is shiva.
Allah is Allah.
Vishnu is Vishnu.
Brahman is Brahman.
God is God.
No, Redneck!! You don't get it!

Allah is the God, other cultures didn't speak English so they not going to say God are they, silly!

Shiva, Vishnu and Brahma are not the God, they are gods, I can't explain it, but when they formless they are the names of the God, so they become one.

So all the Indian religions have said there is only one God, who created all the world.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#272 Jan 31, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>1.6 billion Muslims would strongly dosage with you, and would the 500 million who chose to worship Buddha. I won't even go into the other hundreds of people who would disagree with you. But of course YOU, are RIHGT and 1.6 billion others are totally wrong? Can you even begin to spell ARROGANT!!!!
Shiva...Allah...Vishnu....Brah man....God....all products of a delusional mind!!!
Yes, I'm sure all the Muslims would dosage with me......

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#273 Jan 31, 2013
Retardification wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it's on topic? Are athiests good people? Well I'm asking if the religious are good people.
I really don't care that much about their motives as long as it keeps them from bringing me harm. But I don't really consider it being moral if your only motivation is winning a ticket to heaven. There are plenty of religious people who are truely good people. But I believe that comes from them genuinely wanting to do good, they merely use the bible as a guide.
But the one's who have to my face told me that they would kill me if it weren't a sin, ya I don't think that's morality. The WHY makes a difference to me because it tells me what kind of person they are. A person who truely wants to do good or a person who is merely obedient when it benefits them. I guess it's important to me when deciding who I want to be friends with at the very least.
Have religious people brought you harm?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#274 Jan 31, 2013
USN Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that you have translated your misuse of grammar, the analogy is not difficult to understand. However in the context I used "cuts of the same cloth" it makes little sense being that my comment compares all of the "gods", including yours, equivelent to other characters of fantasy. Should I have included Bilbo Baggins and C3P0 to make my point more clear?
Apparently simple logic escapes you.

Or your blind arrogance prevents you from admitting an err.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#275 Jan 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

God has no name. He is God.
I'm not trying to convince you of anything, just relaying a fact.
Religion is Fraud wrote:
The word fact, like hypocrisy, is a word beyond the grasp of the small brained theist.
What part of that post was not fact?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#276 Jan 31, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
gj for you, that is your way of seeing it, while other scholar see something else.
Hey, don't blame me.

That's what it says.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#277 Jan 31, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Redneck!! You don't get it!
Allah is the God, other cultures didn't speak English so they not going to say God are they, silly!
Shiva, Vishnu and Brahma are not the God, they are gods, I can't explain it, but when they formless they are the names of the God, so they become one.
So all the Indian religions have said there is only one God, who created all the world.
Christian religions say the same thing - one God created everything.

There is a possibility that Allah & God are the same being.

Think about it, would a being like God really care what you call Him?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#278 Jan 31, 2013
USN Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Then the point of prayer is?
Prayer is like m*sturbation. You may like doing it and it feels real good to you, but it does nothing for me.
Yes that is a harsh way of saying it (funny as hell too) but truthful.
While that is funny as hell and a strange analogy, it's incorrect.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#279 Jan 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian religions say the same thing - one God created everything.
There is a possibility that Allah & God are the same being.
Think about it, would a being like God really care what you call Him?
Yh, i think all religions say the same thing about the 1,

They are the same, think about it, lol!

What do u mean? I don't think he would care!

Different cultures call him different names, coz of differences in language and in understanding, but they all talking about the 1! And that is something all religious people got to understand that they believing in the same thing, but we all got our own understanding of it. Religious people in the east seem to get that, but u western religious people find it hard to believe or u don't wanna believe.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#280 Jan 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Have religious people brought you harm?
What would that have to do with anything?
I don't know if they've harmed him but you can't deny that throughout history many evils have been done in the name of religion.
Hit And Run

Union City, OK

#281 Jan 31, 2013
yes their are good people

Yahweh Is the true creators name but man changed his name and made him a god ....

In fact the words lord god baal were added to his name because the divine reverence of his name was believed to be to holy to be spoken.
So man changed his nameAand he says so. You will cause them to for get my name....Revelation says the whole world is deceived.And they are by worshiping the creator as a god the very thing he warns you not to worship.god and or gods the creator does not even want to be in the same category.

So if your name is tom and i call you ted you are not going to answer.It is the same way.

One of the oldest transcripts is the dead sea scrolls. wrote in hebrew.It reads YHWH In short Yahweh Only a few will understand this.But by worshiping Yahweh you life will change.

And jesus is not right his name is Yahshua.

Now before you say I am crazy they thought Yahshua Was crazy too.

Only a few are called and chosen to even understand the name

Here is a fact that we all have been brainwashed into god worship from children.

Yahweh changed my life and he can change yours to but you have to ask and pray to him. and remember no man may come to the father but through the son....so you must ask permission from Yahweh.

I do hope this helps someone....It is the truth....But most will not see it that way....Understand the power of satan and how she has deceived the whole world.And remember he even says you will cause them to forget my name and the world has.May Yahweh bless you all and may he give you understanding.
Hit And Run

Union City, OK

#282 Jan 31, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Yh, i think all religions say the same thing about the 1,
They are the same, think about it, lol!
What do u mean? I don't think he would care!
Different cultures call him different names, coz of differences in language and in understanding, but they all talking about the 1! And that is something all religious people got to understand that they believing in the same thing, but we all got our own understanding of it. Religious people in the east seem to get that, but u western religious people find it hard to believe or u don't wanna believe.
understanding awesome!!! key world if you will read it says understanding only comes from the reverence of the creator...most do not have it because they worship a man made god.And the only reason I have Some understanding is I did reverence Yahweh by keeping the 613 laws in the old testament.

This is the biggest lie ever told that the laws were nailed to the cross these laws are of love and peace and you can see the sin and evil in the world because these laws are not kept.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#283 Jan 31, 2013
Rageoholic wrote:
<quoted text>
What would that have to do with anything?
I don't know if they've harmed him but you can't deny that throughout history many evils have been done in the name of religion.
I can't & won't deny that. I'd be lying if I did.

But I'd say for every 1 evil done in the name of Christianity, 1,000 goods are done.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#284 Jan 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You said you tried the first part of the "experiment".....
Can't remember?
The word "experiment" was describing what you wrote, dillweed. Please see you post "first try A, then try B and see which works better." See...that's an experiment.

What I was saying - which everyone but you could grasp - is that I have, in the past, reached out to the god of the bible. Nothing happened. Nada. Zip. Zilch. No response, no sense of anyone on the other end of my prayers.

Want to know why?

No one is there.

Location hidden

#285 Jan 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether or not you believe in Him, God has no name. He's just God.
Fact.
If he has no name, then why do you call him god?

Location hidden

#286 Jan 31, 2013
Rageoholic wrote:
Being a good person is all empathy and reasoning skills.
I don't hurt other people because I don't like being hurt. If someone stole something I loved I would be sad and furious and think the thief a piece of shit scumbag. Therefore how could I justify to myself turning around and stealing from someone else?
And as social animals, as with many other social animals, empathy is a natural part of our evolution because it promotes cooperation in the group. Hell I cried several times when I heard about those kids getting shot and when 9/11 happened and I live nowhere near these people. That's empathy. Most people have it and it's not because they believe in god, it's a natural reaction.
That's why both athiests and religious people can be good. Why would anyone think god is required?
Because some people need the crutch of religion to get through their lives and literally cannot understand people who don't need the crutch.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#287 Jan 31, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
The word "experiment" was describing what you wrote, dillweed. Please see you post "first try A, then try B and see which works better." See...that's an experiment.
What I was saying - which everyone but you could grasp - is that I have, in the past, reached out to the god of the bible. Nothing happened. Nada. Zip. Zilch. No response, no sense of anyone on the other end of my prayers.
Want to know why?
No one is there.
If you start with the premise that God does not exist and then start praying to God, he will not answer.

That's why I said in the beginning that the first step to communicating with God is to have faith in God, maybe you didn't have any, maybe you were trying to for yourself and trying to pray the same way you change channels on the TV. God doesn't work that way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min River Tam 71,212
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 41 min Fit2Serve 299
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 53 min Voyeur 39,181
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 183,472
free kittens!!! seriously ♡ 1 hr nOsEybEEyOtch 7
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr LAWEST100 658,992
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 1 hr Awesomeash31 82
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 2 hr Johnny 5,102
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Gabriel 974,879
More from around the web