Are Atheists Good People?

Since: May 11

Reality, USA

#248 Jan 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, so a cotton t-shirt IS jeans and IS socks?
Hmm... Is that how the simple minded atheist sees things?
????

Maybe a little less drinking before dinner?

Reality, USA

#249 Jan 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Worship God. Believe in Him.
Then worship a god.
You'll see the difference.
Pray to "god" for rain.

Pray to zeus for rain.

Pray to allah for rain.

Sorry, end results will be the same and a coincedence if it happens no matter which "god" is prayed to.

And who are you to say that if you pray to your "god" for rain that it isn't another "god" hearing your prayer and granting it? Just something to think about....

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#250 Jan 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
My God is so great He doesn't need a name.
"god" names are left for those false gods that need an identity.
Actually, all the really cool god names were taken so your god (whichever one that is) was left with the generic 'god'

Location hidden

#251 Jan 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Worship God. Believe in Him.
Then worship a god.
You'll see the difference.
I tried the first part of your experiment years ago - definitely not something I want to repeat over and over again with all of the other gods who actually have names...

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#252 Jan 31, 2013
USN Atheist wrote:
????
Maybe a little less drinking before dinner?
I know, it was a difficult analogy for the simple minded athesist to grasp.

Lemme try again.

You said:

"All cuts of the same cloth. One could also include Santa and the easter bunny...no difference."

So I used cloth as a literal analogy.

A cotton t-shirt is NOT jeans, although they are both clothing and both made of cotton.

A taco is NOT a burrito even though they are both food and both Mexican.

God is NOT Vishnu even though they are both called "gods" and one is God.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#253 Jan 31, 2013
USN Atheist wrote:
Pray to "god" for rain.
Pray to zeus for rain.
Pray to allah for rain.
Sorry, end results will be the same and a coincedence if it happens no matter which "god" is prayed to.
And who are you to say that if you pray to your "god" for rain that it isn't another "god" hearing your prayer and granting it? Just something to think about....
If you're praying for rain & not getting results you should know that's not how prayer works.

God isn't a genie that can be summoned for your three wishes.

You must pray for things that you can learn from, that can benenfit you.

A teenager that prays for an education & saying no to drugs is the kind of miracle God helps thm attain.

People want God to do everything for them when they don't understand that they already have the power to do it.

Triumph is born out of struggle, faith is the alchemist.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#254 Jan 31, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, all the really cool god names were taken so your god (whichever one that is) was left with the generic 'god'
God has no name. He is God.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything, just relaying a fact.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#255 Jan 31, 2013
Just Think wrote:
I tried the first part of your experiment years ago - definitely not something I want to repeat over and over again with all of the other gods who actually have names...
If you looked at it as an experiment then you started of with expectations of failure.

And you wonder why you failed.
Retardification

San Jose, CA

#256 Jan 31, 2013
I don't trust anyone who does't murder, steal, cheat, etc ONLY because their god says not to. Sounds like barely restrained psychopaths to me. It's also hard for me to imagine that god wants people who are only good to get into heaven rather than being good because it's the right thing to do.

Here's a little vid I've seen floating around a few times that fits perfectly with this subjuct, sorry if someone already linked it.

People who don't understand why anyone would be good if it weren't for god scare me.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#257 Jan 31, 2013
Retardification wrote:
I don't trust anyone who does't murder, steal, cheat, etc ONLY because their god says not to. Sounds like barely restrained psychopaths to me. It's also hard for me to imagine that god wants people who are only good to get into heaven rather than being good because it's the right thing to do.
Here's a little vid I've seen floating around a few times that fits perfectly with this subjuct, sorry if someone already linked it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =T7xt5LtgsxQXX
People who don't understand why anyone would be good if it weren't for god scare me.
Stupid Brit spelled "behavior" wrong....

What difference does it make to you WHY someone is moral & just?

Location hidden

#258 Jan 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
A fact?

LOL..oh, stop.

Location hidden

#259 Jan 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you looked at it as an experiment then you started of with expectations of failure.
And you wonder why you failed.
So reading comprehension is another thing you're not good at?
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#260 Jan 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, God.
Shiva is shiva.
Allah is Allah.
Vishnu is Vishnu.
Brahman is Brahman.
God is God.
1.6 billion Muslims would strongly dosage with you, and would the 500 million who chose to worship Buddha. I won't even go into the other hundreds of people who would disagree with you. But of course YOU, are RIHGT and 1.6 billion others are totally wrong? Can you even begin to spell ARROGANT!!!!

Shiva...Allah...Vishnu....Brah man....God....all products of a delusional mind!!!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#261 Jan 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're praying for rain & not getting results you should know that's not how prayer works.
God isn't a genie that can be summoned for your three wishes.
You must pray for things that you can learn from, that can benenfit you.
A teenager that prays for an education & saying no to drugs is the kind of miracle God helps thm attain.
People want God to do everything for them when they don't understand that they already have the power to do it.
Triumph is born out of struggle, faith is the alchemist.
Unfortunately God doesn't answer prayers, and amputee with attest to that. I'm sure the millions of religiously devout Jews prayer for all they were worth during the holocaust, didn't do them much good did it? Further evidence that not only is praying a worthless activity, its worthless because there is no one on the other end of the line.LOL
Normand Guay

Winnipeg, Canada

#262 Jan 31, 2013
Normand Guay wrote:
---No atheists are not good people because they reject GOD'S WAYS and therefor they reject GOD... They need to Repent...
--- Repeat again...
Retardification

San Jose, CA

#263 Jan 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid Brit spelled "behavior" wrong....
What difference does it make to you WHY someone is moral & just?
Because it's on topic? Are athiests good people? Well I'm asking if the religious are good people.

I really don't care that much about their motives as long as it keeps them from bringing me harm. But I don't really consider it being moral if your only motivation is winning a ticket to heaven. There are plenty of religious people who are truely good people. But I believe that comes from them genuinely wanting to do good, they merely use the bible as a guide.

But the one's who have to my face told me that they would kill me if it weren't a sin, ya I don't think that's morality. The WHY makes a difference to me because it tells me what kind of person they are. A person who truely wants to do good or a person who is merely obedient when it benefits them. I guess it's important to me when deciding who I want to be friends with at the very least.

Reality, USA

#264 Jan 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, it was a difficult analogy for the simple minded athesist to grasp.
Lemme try again.
You said:
"All cuts of the same cloth. One could also include Santa and the easter bunny...no difference."
So I used cloth as a literal analogy.
A cotton t-shirt is NOT jeans, although they are both clothing and both made of cotton.
A taco is NOT a burrito even though they are both food and both Mexican.
God is NOT Vishnu even though they are both called "gods" and one is God.
Now that you have translated your misuse of grammar, the analogy is not difficult to understand. However in the context I used "cuts of the same cloth" it makes little sense being that my comment compares all of the "gods", including yours, equivelent to other characters of fantasy. Should I have included Bilbo Baggins and C3P0 to make my point more clear?
Religion is Fraud

East Granby, CT

#265 Jan 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The word fact, like hypocrisy, is a word beyond the grasp of the small brained theist.
Religion is Fraud

East Granby, CT

#266 Jan 31, 2013
Normand Guay wrote:
<quoted text>--- Repeat again...
Why worship the devil when you can worship the a hole that created him and keeps him around, right Normand? You amoral pea brains are the dregs of society.

Reality, USA

#267 Jan 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then the point of prayer is?

Prayer is like m*sturbation. You may like doing it and it feels real good to you, but it does nothing for me.

Yes that is a harsh way of saying it (funny as hell too) but truthful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Insults Are Easier 49,655
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 40 min Phooey 647,075
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 41 min WildWeirdWillie 182,660
I want a sugar daddy! (May '12) 48 min Luke 115
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 49 min DebraE 105,692
Jesus and Muhammad were FRAUDS 52 min DebraE 28
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 53 min Joe Fortuna 971,827
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 8 hr Jockfullonutz 28
More from around the web