Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

USN Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
So to be a good person, one has to accept "god's" ways? Which way might that be?
The way "god" killed untold men, women, children, animals etc. with a "great flood" all because his creation did not do what he wanted it to?
The way "god" threatens the torture of a "hell" if you do not follow him and worship him the way he wants?
The way "god" will allow a innocent child to die of a disease or be molested by a person of the church.
You mean those "ways of god"? They all seem like good reasons to me for the rejection of your "god".
Repent??? Repent for what? For being human? For being born? For not believing that your "god" exists? Silly...
It's nice to see that you're starting to accept that God is real.

Now all we gotta do is get you to understand the OTHER parts of the Bible...

Since: May 11

Reality, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably don't even know it but that line of thinking was brought to you by Christians...
Glad we could help.
No need for you to pat yourself on the back. The philosophy and concept behind "The Golden Rule" existed way before christianity.

Sorry to burst your bubble but christianity does not hold the patent on being good to others.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

USN Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
No need for you to pat yourself on the back. The philosophy and concept behind "The Golden Rule" existed way before christianity.
Sorry to burst your bubble but christianity does not hold the patent on being good to others.
The oldest known form of the Golden Rule is from Ancient Babylon in 1780 BC. It was called The Code of Hammurabi.

There's no telling where they got that rule from, so it could've been from God.

Sorry.
Faith is Amoral

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's nice to see that you're starting to accept that God is real.
Now all we gotta do is get you to understand the OTHER parts of the Bible...
Misery loves company....

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
God.
Sorry, that isn't specific. There are so many gods that have been/are being worshipped.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Just Think wrote:
Sorry, that isn't specific. There are so many gods that have been/are being worshipped.
You're confused. I understand.

Give it some time, you'll figure it out....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Faith is Amoral wrote:
Misery loves company....
Are you having house guests again?
Normand Guay

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Normand Guay wrote:
---No atheists are not good people because they reject GOD'S WAYS and therefor they reject GOD... They need to Repent...
--- Repeat...
Normand Guay

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
---But Really,--- there is but One and Only True GOD as it is written and implied from Genesis to Revelation thousands and thousands of places... Let us worship only the GOD OF THE HOLY SCRIPTURES... Thankyou and I will meet you in heaven...And JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY WAY TO GOD THE FATHER...
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably don't even know it but that line of thinking was brought to you by Christians...
Glad we could help.
Of course you're wrong. Early man knew these principals way before your demon God decided it was time to show his face a mere 2,000 years ago. Cooperation to these early humans meant better success at hunting, better protection from other tribes, knowing that if I steal from you, that the same may done to me. Compassion and common decency is NOT mandated by a God thing, sorry, we without God do just fine, and have for well over 200,000 years.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
God.
Shiva?....or Allah?....or Vishnu? or....Brahman?......or....Well its a very long list!!!!!!!!!

Reality, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

USN Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
So to be a good person, one has to accept "god's" ways? Which way might that be?
The way "god" killed untold men, women, children, animals etc. with a "great flood" all because his creation did not do what he wanted it to?
The way "god" threatens the torture of a "hell" if you do not follow him and worship him the way he wants?
The way "god" will allow a innocent child to die of a disease or be molested by a person of the church.
You mean those "ways of god"? They all seem like good reasons to me for the rejection of your "god".
Repent??? Repent for what? For being human? For being born? For not believing that your "god" exists? Silly...
No comment from you "Normand Guay"? I am disappointed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Shiva?....or Allah?....or Vishnu? or....Brahman?......or....Well its a very long list!!!!!!!!!
No, God.

Shiva is shiva.

Allah is Allah.

Vishnu is Vishnu.

Brahman is Brahman.

God is God.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you're wrong. Early man knew these principals way before your demon God decided it was time to show his face a mere 2,000 years ago. Cooperation to these early humans meant better success at hunting, better protection from other tribes, knowing that if I steal from you, that the same may done to me. Compassion and common decency is NOT mandated by a God thing, sorry, we without God do just fine, and have for well over 200,000 years.
"God decided it was time to show his face a mere 2,000 years ago" ?!?

Is that what you think?

You're so wrong on that very basic piece of info, I'm gonna assume the rest of what you have to say is equally wrong.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, God.
Shiva is shiva.
Allah is Allah.
Vishnu is Vishnu.
Brahman is Brahman.
God is God.
So you're referring to some sort of random, generic god.

Got it.

Reality, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, God.
Shiva is shiva.
Allah is Allah.
Vishnu is Vishnu.
Brahman is Brahman.
God is God.
All cuts of the same cloth. One could also include Santa and the easter bunny...no difference.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Normand Guay wrote:
<quoted text>---But Really,--- there is but One and Only True GOD as it is written and implied from Genesis to Revelation thousands and thousands of places... Let us worship only the GOD OF THE HOLY SCRIPTURES... Thankyou and I will meet you in heaven...And JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY WAY TO GOD THE FATHER...
What proof is there that (a) your god is real and (b) your god is the one true god (as opposed to all of the other gods that have been/are being worshipped)?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

USN Atheist wrote:
All cuts of the same cloth. One could also include Santa and the easter bunny...no difference.
Ah, so a cotton t-shirt IS jeans and IS socks?

Hmm... Is that how the simple minded atheist sees things?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're referring to some sort of random, generic god.
Got it.
Nope.

My God is so great He doesn't need a name.

"god" names are left for those false gods that need an identity.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
What proof is there that (a) your god is real and (b) your god is the one true god (as opposed to all of the other gods that have been/are being worshipped)?
Worship God. Believe in Him.

Then worship a god.

You'll see the difference.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

333 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 4 min Johnny 293
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min Some Casual Obser... 117,681
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 min NoStress4me 441,033
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min AussieBobby 259,008
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 15 min DeAngelo of Memphis 2,133
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 16 min UIdiotRaceMakeWor... 172,884
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 22 min pusherman_ 536,750
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 40 min dirty white boy- 729,197
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 9 hr Juvia Loxar 101
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••