Since: Jan 13

Kuwait, Kuwait

#207 Jan 30, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Victor, you are attributing a lot of beliefs to me that I have not expressed. I lost an 18 year old brother tragically when I was 16 and after that I became much more of a believer than I was before, perhaps because I could only accept his death by 'knowing' he was in heaven and I would see him again.
I no longer believe that to be true, and I know that a person lives after death in the memories of those who are still alive who knew that person. I remember my father, who died in 2002, as the wonderful man he was while alive, but not because I think I will see him again soon, as I will be the age he was at death in 15 years.
I know that when I die, IMO, I will cease to know anything, but also if my mind is active until I die, which my father's was but he did not know a lot about who he was or where he was because he had two massive brain tumors which noticeably affected his behavior only a couple months before he died. I will still have my father alive in my mind until my mind ceases either at death, or at serious brain damage prior to that.
Pascal's Wager only works for someone who is doubtful about the existence of a god, and is not logical, nor should even be motive for belief, even if a god did exist. Why would this god respect a person who followed it only through fear?
However, my friend has a young sister who had cancer since she was 4, she was a catholic slowly began to lose faith. I simply talked toher and about what I mentioned before about the sick child and that god has never and will never forsake any of his creations. Fortunately now she is a religious person again, Also, her sister has shown much better results, she continues to have faith, I wish I could convince u somehow, but it seems I cannot. I only say I share my deepest empathies of what has happened, I never experienced such tragic moments and hope I don't.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#208 Jan 30, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
That knowledge is never meant for us to know or question, since the one who does will either lose his mind, or become a non-believer.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....oh man.

You lose.

Kuwait, Kuwait

#209 Jan 30, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmmmmm....I don't think so!:-p
U the one who said u fear hell, if u loved Allah u wouldn't fear hell!! Love and fear don't go together!
Yes love and fear come together, it is just something too much for you to comprehend.

Kuwait, Kuwait

#210 Jan 30, 2013
Mitch wrote:
<quoted text>Very good clementia!!
check post #209

Kuwait, Kuwait

#211 Jan 30, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....oh man.
You lose.
No we simply no our place, and are faithful for He has not allowed it, therefore we will not since He has not.
Klink

Cameron, MO

#212 Jan 30, 2013

Not all atheists are communists but all communists are atheists. The other atheists are deceived. They are all liars.

You do the math.

Location hidden

#213 Jan 30, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
No we simply no our place, and are faithful for He has not allowed it, therefore we will not since He has not.
Right...which means you lose every single argument in this debate because you start from a place of willful ignorance.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#214 Jan 30, 2013
Klink wrote:
Not all atheists are communists but all communists are atheists. The other atheists are deceived. They are all liars.
You do the math.
Communism is unrelated to atheism .
Despite your thinking, atheism is only not believing in your god.

Communism is an altogether different ideology.
Some communists believe in your god. What does that mean to you?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#215 Jan 30, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes love and fear come together, it is just something too much for you to comprehend.
NO WAY DO "love and fear come together, it is just something too much for you to comprehend."

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#216 Jan 30, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmmmmm....I don't think so!:-p
U the one who said u fear hell, if u loved Allah u wouldn't fear hell!! Love and fear don't go together!
Also in the Qur'an, Surah 42 (Ash-Shra):

"If Allah had so willed, He could have made them a single people; but He admits whom He will to His Mercy..."

So apparently unbelievers need have no fear either.

Yes, I've read that, too.
Faith is Amoral

Granby, CT

#217 Jan 31, 2013
Atheists and theists do not argue over the merits of believing in aliens on Pluto, or leprechauns. We rarely dispute what is or is not valid evidence for something outside the scope of religion (death denial). Theists prove every day that they can and do use normal reasoning. They can even serve on juries! It is ONLY in matters that conflict with the theists cherished death denial mythology that these disagreements arise. This clearly proves the hypocrisy and dishonesty of the theist, attempting to protect their cherished beliefs. It takes a lack of moral sense to be a theist. To claim there is a god is no more honest than to claim there are aliens on Pluto.

Kuwait, Kuwait

#218 Jan 31, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Also in the Qur'an, Surah 42 (Ash-Shra):
"If Allah had so willed, He could have made them a single people; but He admits whom He will to His Mercy..."
So apparently unbelievers need have no fear either.
Yes, I've read that, too.
gj for you, that is your way of seeing it, while other scholar see something else.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#219 Jan 31, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
The quran is the proof, have u read it?
if u wish to see my reasoning I already explained why a "creator" must exist because creations we exist. Which, I also explain why we are creations. look back at what I said. Also my God (allah) is superior above all therefore he is capable of all those u mentioned earlier. Proving that God exists is a fallacy, bcuz I already said that the purpose for our existence here on this planet is a test. If God is proven to exist 100% by any logic or math or factual event or anything in front of everyone then there is no need for us to be here there won't be any test, thus wrong. The others were fake as greeks and money others held several contradictions greeks even thought of titans to be higher than Gods.
You are applying a man-made explanation to a super-being, which if it existed, would be far beyond man's understanding. The fact of a God not existing seems apparent since no God has ever been identified and verified. We have only the writings of other humans, who themselves would not have had to power to perceive something supernatural.

The Quran, observed from the outside of Islam is an extremely poorly written, and illogical account of a super-being; certainly unacceptable to the majortiy of the world, and currently mainly followed in 3rd world countries.
Normand Guay

Winnipeg, Canada

#220 Jan 31, 2013
---No atheists are not good people because they reject GOD'S WAYS and therefor they reject GOD... They need to Repent...
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#221 Jan 31, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
I have just been convinced by an atheist who informed me that I'm using a fallacy. Therefore, I wish to close the argument about creator and created.
Consider the discussion closed. It was really never an argument as you continually moved the goal post. Everything that exists needs a creator but my person God, a God among many, does not need to conform to this criteria, since he was NOT created. Of course you have no evidence, outside or a holy book, that this is a true statement. You have no idea that if your God exists, which I seriously doubt, that he was NOT created.

You lose the argument based on the criteria that you posed and then changed the parameters to suit your argument. I never like arguing with dishonest people. I'm done with you!!!!
Faith is Amoral

Granby, CT

#222 Jan 31, 2013
Normand Guay wrote:
---No atheists are not good people because they reject GOD'S WAYS and therefor they reject GOD... They need to Repent...
You need to repent to Mother Goose you amoral dope!

Location hidden

#223 Jan 31, 2013
Normand Guay wrote:
Which god?

Since: May 11

Reality, USA

#224 Jan 31, 2013
Normand Guay wrote:
So to be a good person, one has to accept "god's" ways? Which way might that be?

The way "god" killed untold men, women, children, animals etc. with a "great flood" all because his creation did not do what he wanted it to?

The way "god" threatens the torture of a "hell" if you do not follow him and worship him the way he wants?

The way "god" will allow a innocent child to die of a disease or be molested by a person of the church.

You mean those "ways of god"? They all seem like good reasons to me for the rejection of your "god".

Repent??? Repent for what? For being human? For being born? For not believing that your "god" exists? Silly...

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#225 Jan 31, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
Do you know what is meant by the "Golden Rule?" I won't do to others, things that I wouldn't want done to me. I don't need God to tell me that raping and killing my next door neighbors 15 year old daughter is wrong. I can simply imagine the agony that I would go through if someone did that to my daughter.
You probably don't even know it but that line of thinking was brought to you by Christians...

Glad we could help.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#226 Jan 31, 2013
Just Think wrote:
Which god?
God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 751,491
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 4 min Rick Moss 37,284
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Gods r Delusions ... 549,039
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 9 min Rosa_Winkel 602,332
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min WasteWater 261,738
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 16 min EdmondWA 96,174
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 18 min golgo90 572
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 22 min waaasssuuup 230,163

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE