Are Atheists Good People?

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

First Prev
of 63
Next Last

Since: Jan 13

Kuwait, Kuwait

#1 Jan 27, 2013
I wish to know if a sophisticated atheist can be a good person. Good as in does not murder, steal, or cause harm in any way to himself or others. Since Atheists deny the existence of God I see no reason that they must be good. Say I'm an atheist this is how I think...if I can steal this mans money and get away with it why on earth will I say NO!!?? no one can punish me and I'll just be happy who cares if he is sad why would I have feelings for him? if he is sad why must I be sad, am I the one being sad or him? screw him let him be sad I'll just do it..Therefore, if an Atheist is a genius and cunning he will satisfy his desires with no remorse. He will kill steal do anything since there is no God.

If there is a an Atheist who is a good person he is a dumb ass because he can cheat and trick do whatever he wants without getting punished unless caught. Or not a complete Atheist meaning he still doubts the deny of God. If your an Atheist and have some feelings that you fear or anything it simply means you fell the presence of God but your just too scared to admit it.

That's why sophisticated Atheists are technically evil men and cannot be trusted, since they do not love God and fear his wrath.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#2 Jan 27, 2013
anybody can be a good person, being atheist does not prevent a person from being good.

Location hidden

#3 Jan 27, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
I wish to know if a sophisticated atheist can be a good person. Good as in does not murder, steal, or cause harm in any way to himself or others. Since Atheists deny the existence of God I see no reason that they must be good. Say I'm an atheist this is how I think...if I can steal this mans money and get away with it why on earth will I say NO!!?? no one can punish me and I'll just be happy who cares if he is sad why would I have feelings for him? if he is sad why must I be sad, am I the one being sad or him? screw him let him be sad I'll just do it..Therefore, if an Atheist is a genius and cunning he will satisfy his desires with no remorse. He will kill steal do anything since there is no God.
If there is a an Atheist who is a good person he is a dumb ass because he can cheat and trick do whatever he wants without getting punished unless caught. Or not a complete Atheist meaning he still doubts the deny of God. If your an Atheist and have some feelings that you fear or anything it simply means you fell the presence of God but your just too scared to admit it.
That's why sophisticated Atheists are technically evil men and cannot be trusted, since they do not love God and fear his wrath.
I believe in God with all of my heart and soul. With that said, I have many friends who are Atheist and Agnostic. They are wonderful people. Not believing in God doesn't make them bad or defective. I love all of my friends. Atheist, Agnostic, Wiccan, Jewish, and Pagan.:)

Kuwait, Kuwait

#4 Jan 27, 2013
PFfff wrote:
anybody can be a good person, being atheist does not prevent a person from being good.
Why would he be good? WHY? being evil is much more satisfying ones own desires/lusts glut/ taboos...

Kuwait, Kuwait

#5 Jan 27, 2013
Kellieash wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in God with all of my heart and soul. With that said, I have many friends who are Atheist and Agnostic. They are wonderful people. Not believing in God doesn't make them bad or defective. I love all of my friends. Atheist, Agnostic, Wiccan, Jewish, and Pagan.:)
My friend I have soooo many like you seriously I'm just here to argue about the extreme ones..furthor on I managed to help 6 of them simply just by telling them this...in there face nothing wrong right? I said to them how can I trust you..and started this until he then started mentioning the feeling of guilt and so. We continue why do u feel this way or why do u feel happyness trust me the do believe in God deeply or unconsciously they just need to be awakened. Or sadly it could ruin there lives as you know awakening them in the wrong path in believing why was I good all this time hard working wasting time tired while I could do bad things..No God watches me I should have stolen that wallet before on the ground..damn I could have raped her in the elevator when it got stuck...Igot all the lawyers and money I could get away with things easily whats stopping me...Uhh Thank you my friend you have opened my eyes I should do whatever I want

Or the good path thank you my friend I never should have lost divinity towards God.

Location hidden

#6 Jan 27, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend I have soooo many like you seriously I'm just here to argue about the extreme ones..furthor on I managed to help 6 of them simply just by telling them this...in there face nothing wrong right? I said to them how can I trust you..and started this until he then started mentioning the feeling of guilt and so. We continue why do u feel this way or why do u feel happyness trust me the do believe in God deeply or unconsciously they just need to be awakened. Or sadly it could ruin there lives as you know awakening them in the wrong path in believing why was I good all this time hard working wasting time tired while I could do bad things..No God watches me I should have stolen that wallet before on the ground..damn I could have raped her in the elevator when it got stuck...Igot all the lawyers and money I could get away with things easily whats stopping me...Uhh Thank you my friend you have opened my eyes I should do whatever I want
Or the good path thank you my friend I never should have lost divinity towards God.
You seem to have heavy things on your mind and in your soul. Why are you so troubled?
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#7 Jan 27, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
First of all, what the f--k is a "sophisticated Atheist?"

Are you so defective you think that the only reason people don't do evil is because of a belief in God? And why don't you yourself commit murder or rape, or steal from others? Isn't it because of FEAR? Fear of going to hell? Is that your only motivation for not harming others, because of fear?

Do you know what is meant by the "Golden Rule?" I won't do to others, things that I wouldn't want done to me. I don't need God to tell me that raping and killing my next door neighbors 15 year old daughter is wrong. I can simply imagine the agony that I would go through if someone did that to my daughter.

You talk as though evil is inherent in humans, that we would all murder rape and steal if it weren't for the fear of God and his punishment. Our species has been on the planet for some 200,000 years, your God only showed up 2,000 years ago. How did our species survive for 198,000 years without Gods laws? If our species wantonly murdered and raped for that long, our species may well have become extinct.

Having compassion and caring for one another is inherent in our species, it's what evolution has taught us. Banding together for the goods of the tribe, more cooperation means better hunting and protection for other tribes.

A sense of personal responsibility, the better I treat someone, the more apt I am to be treated better. If I stop along the road to help someone, then maybe someone will help me when I need it. By NOT robbing my neighbor, or raping his wife or killing his children, I would hope others would show me the same compassion.

What is wrong with you anyway? That you have no love for your fellow brothers and sisters of the planet without your God thing telling you to do so. That without God you would have no compassion and caring for others. I would assess you as the one who is evil, evil because without the laws of this God thing, YOU would commit horrible crimes ageist your fellow humans.

If I were you, I would be terribly embarrassed to show everyone that without your God thing, you could rape, murder, and steal. Shame on you!!!

Kuwait, Kuwait

#8 Jan 27, 2013
Kellieash wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to have heavy things on your mind and in your soul. Why are you so troubled?
I'm not, I simply opened this discussion thread because I know that there are many atheists out there who are lost or just influenced by others. I wish to open their minds. Being a Muslim it is my job and duty to help out as much as possible. I thank you for your concern. Why do you think I'm trouble?(:

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#9 Jan 27, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would he be good? WHY? being evil is much more satisfying ones own desires/lusts glut/ taboos...
Perhaps in your mind.

I'd worry about that, if I were you.

Kuwait, Kuwait

#10 Jan 27, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>First of all, what the f--k is a "sophisticated Atheist?"
Are you so defective you think that the only reason people don't do evil is because of a belief in God? And why don't you yourself commit murder or rape, or steal from others? Isn't it because of FEAR? Fear of going to hell? Is that your only motivation for not harming others, because of fear?
Do you know what is meant by the "Golden Rule?" I won't do to others, things that I wouldn't want done to me. I don't need God to tell me that raping and killing my next door neighbors 15 year old daughter is wrong. I can simply imagine the agony that I would go through if someone did that to my daughter.
You talk as though evil is inherent in humans, that we would all murder rape and steal if it weren't for the fear of God and his punishment. Our species has been on the planet for some 200,000 years, your God only showed up 2,000 years ago. How did our species survive for 198,000 years without Gods laws? If our species wantonly murdered and raped for that long, our species may well have become extinct.
Having compassion and caring for one another is inherent in our species, it's what evolution has taught us. Banding together for the goods of the tribe, more cooperation means better hunting and protection for other tribes.
A sense of personal responsibility, the better I treat someone, the more apt I am to be treated better. If I stop along the road to help someone, then maybe someone will help me when I need it. By NOT robbing my neighbor, or raping his wife or killing his children, I would hope others would show me the same compassion.
What is wrong with you anyway? That you have no love for your fellow brothers and sisters of the planet without your God thing telling you to do so. That without God you would have no compassion and caring for others. I would assess you as the one who is evil, evil because without the laws of this God thing, YOU would commit horrible crimes ageist your fellow humans.
If I were you, I would be terribly embarrassed to show everyone that without your God thing, you could rape, murder, and steal. Shame on you!!!
No fear is one of the things...We do not because we love God. The instincts that you feel sympathy or remorse are there to save you form doing harm even if you faith is not strong or whatever your belief is.

As for our species they were not lost because God has sent a prophet since the creation of Adam. God has never forsaken us. It is we that are slowly losing our divinity towards him. After the death of our beloved prophet Mohammed. No prophet has come down since then, simply because Islam has been spread and no one can alter the words of the Qur'an now.

As for the rest of your story, If there was no God then whats stopping me from buying love raping others doing whatever I want and at the same time loving my family caring for others I could do all this. Look at all the rich ones out there look at there lives. Now since your a sophisticated atheist..I wish to ask you why are you happy when you do good things. Even if it does Its a pity and a waste since there is no hell and Heaven..If I were an atheist I'd say your a stubborn fool I'm enjoying life more than you. I'm doing everything your doing except the only difference is I'm a God and your a normal citizen.

Kuwait, Kuwait

#11 Jan 27, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps in your mind.
I'd worry about that, if I were you.
No its in human nature just as our friend was saying..evolution and caring which at the same time SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST. Back then their ideas were different kill and break others him in order that they fear yours. Rape their daughter in order that yours is not raped. You tell me you don't need God to teach you these. May be but it taught them. However, these are taught as a bases of building ones faith. There other others I can argue like...stop smoking no alcohol thats bad..If you came to me in 1000 years instead of saying I don't need God to teach me not to murder or still you'd say I don't need God to tell me don't drink smoke or masturbate.. This just keeps on. Unless you open your mind now.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#12 Jan 27, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>First of all, what the f--k is a "sophisticated Atheist?"
I would say it would be someone like Catcher, nothing like you dear! You just a normal atheist!:-)

Oh dear, but they kill children and they think they are going to heaven, they don't fear God, they love him coz he's on their side! Nope, i don't see any fear!

blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#13 Jan 27, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
No fear is one of the things...We do not because we love God. The instincts that you feel sympathy or remorse are there to save you form doing harm even if you faith is not strong or whatever your belief is.
As for our species they were not lost because God has sent a prophet since the creation of Adam. God has never forsaken us. It is we that are slowly losing our divinity towards him. After the death of our beloved prophet Mohammed. No prophet has come down since then, simply because Islam has been spread and no one can alter the words of the Qur'an now.
As for the rest of your story, If there was no God then whats stopping me from buying love raping others doing whatever I want and at the same time loving my family caring for others I could do all this. Look at all the rich ones out there look at there lives. Now since your a sophisticated atheist..I wish to ask you why are you happy when you do good things. Even if it does Its a pity and a waste since there is no hell and Heaven..If I were an atheist I'd say your a stubborn fool I'm enjoying life more than you. I'm doing everything your doing except the only difference is I'm a God and your a normal citizen.
You're wrong on so man point here. I don't LOVE God, I completely and utterly reject any notion that this imaginary being exists. How then do I NOT murder, rape and steal? The instincts I have toward you fellow humans has nothing to do with God. If you want to contend that somehow this mythical being instilled these feeling in me, you are required to provide proof of that claim.

No, God did not send a prophet during the 198,000 years that man has been on the planet. If you story is true (Which I doubt very seriously) the God sat with arms folded and watched mankind get along for 198,000 years just fine without his laws, and then a mere 2,000 years ago sent this prophet.

Why am I happy when I do good things? In this vast unmeasurable cosmos, our species and our planet appear to be all there is, at lest at this moment in time. Life is precious, I know that this life is all we have, there is no afterlife, so every moment and every life is precious. Anything that I can do that fosters good will, that promotes caring and compassion, I feel intensely happy. Theists like you, treat this life as a mere interlude, a stepping stone to life eternal, so you do not savor life as do we who know death is the end of existence.

I feel intense pity for you. That the only reason you have to behave compassionately towards your fellow brothers and sisters, is because of fear from and outside agent, and agent with absolutely no verifiable evidence. Once again, Shame on you for your inhumanity.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#14 Jan 27, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wrong on so many point here. I don't LOVE God, I completely and utterly reject any notion that this imaginary being exists. How then do I NOT murder, rape and steal? The instincts I have toward you fellow humans has nothing to do with God. If you want to contend that somehow this mythical being instilled these feeling in me, you are required to provide proof of that claim.

No, God did not send a prophet during the 198,000 years that man has been on the planet. If you story is true (Which I doubt very seriously) the God sat with arms folded and watched mankind get along for 198,000 years just fine without his laws, and then a mere 2,000 years ago sent this prophet.

Why am I happy when I do good things? In this vast unmeasurable cosmos, our species and our planet appear to be all there is, at lest at this moment in time. Life is precious, I know that this life is all we have, there is no afterlife, so every moment and every life is precious. Anything that I can do that fosters good will, that promotes caring and compassion, I feel intensely happy. Theists like you, treat this life as a mere interlude, a stepping stone to life eternal, so you do not savor life as do we who know death is the end of existence.

I feel intense pity for you. That the only reason you have to behave compassionately towards your fellow brothers and sisters, is because of fear from and outside agent, and agent with absolutely no verifiable evidence. Once again, Shame on you for your inhumanity.

Kuwait, Kuwait

#15 Jan 27, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say it would be someone like Catcher, nothing like you dear! You just a normal atheist!:-)
Oh dear, but they kill children and they think they are going to heaven, they don't fear God, they love him coz he's on their side! Nope, i don't see any fear!
Are you referring to Muslims? We do not kill children I assure you. I love my little brother (:

Just tell me one thing..Where did you hear that nonsense? do they teach you this about us at school?

Location hidden

#16 Jan 27, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not, I simply opened this discussion thread because I know that there are many atheists out there who are lost or just influenced by others. I wish to open their minds. Being a Muslim it is my job and duty to help out as much as possible. I thank you for your concern. Why do you think I'm trouble?(:
I'm sorry. I misunderstood.:)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#17 Jan 27, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you referring to Muslims? We do not kill children I assure you. I love my little brother (:
Just tell me one thing..Where did you hear that nonsense? do they teach you this about us at school?
I sure was!:-)

I read history and see it on the blumin' news!

Now, let me tell u something about this lagoon guy, he is not a 'sophisticated atheist', he's the militant type! OK?
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#18 Jan 27, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
So some muslim parent DO NOT strap bombs to their children and have them blow up innocent people?

If you are a muslim, what is the punishment for apostasy? What if a Muslim child rejects God or commits apostasy? I'll be waiting for your answer!!!!

Kuwait, Kuwait

#19 Jan 27, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You're wrong on so man point here. I don't LOVE God, I completely and utterly reject any notion that this imaginary being exists. How then do I NOT murder, rape and steal? The instincts I have toward you fellow humans has nothing to do with God. If you want to contend that somehow this mythical being instilled these feeling in me, you are required to provide proof of that claim.
"I completely and utterly reject any notion that this imaginary being exists" this is easily contradicted. Then you don't believe in bacteria and other microorganisms?

"you are required to provide proof of that claim" I definitely agree on that. At the moment I do not know how, but I'll begin right away and reply you later.

"the God sat with arms folded and watched mankind get along for 198,000 years just fine without his laws, and then a mere 2,000 years ago sent this prophet" This is falsified as in our belief, Adam was the first fleshly created human, Which himself we consider a prophet. As God is the creator of all creations matter energy and all.

"Anything that I can do that fosters good will, that promotes caring and compassion, I feel intensely happy" I want you to explain this. What exactly is this happiness since the human instincts bear greed,sloth,glut,envy,wrath,lu st and pride. Why would u seal them? Why did you not live and follow your instincts like other animals do? is it because you feel superior that you think you must have some control? here we go again;I become the devil and come to you.."your a fool you could have taken off his money through that scam and bought that car for your son...filthy money does not matter there is no God. Shower your children with filthy money who cares? do you fear someone do u love someone? No, you're superior you should live as a God.

"is because of fear from and outside agent". Once again I repeat fear is one of the attributes. We do not sin because we fear his wrath. We do good because we are divine towards him. Believe me if there was no God I would have committed adultery a loooong time ago. Thankfully I'm still a virgin. Never drank never smoked. and you tell me you pity me? For what? I rly do not know?
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#20 Jan 27, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I sure was!:-)
I read history and see it on the blumin' news!
Now, let me tell u something about this lagoon guy, he is not a 'sophisticated atheist', he's the militant type! OK?
Explain the difference between an "sophisticated Atheist" and a Militant Atheist. And then i'll explain why someone poses to be a scatterbrain wide eyes female. The "Who, little old me" mentality. Then posing to be an innocent little female with a childlike mentality.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 63
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min bacon hater 881,843
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min StarC 603,840
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 19 min The swamiji 7,716
Is Tv Evangelist Joyce Meyer really a woman tra... (Oct '10) 21 min Littlebruno 157
I need an urgent loan in the next hour (Oct '13) 27 min Naude 17
The Christian Atheist debate 33 min messianic114 4,205
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 35 min Lost In Transition 177,910
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 42 min 15th Dalai Lama 8,448
More from around the web