Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#8361 Feb 19, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> I will take your advice. Thank you...
Morning Sera;

I changed the picture so you could see how close I am to the mountains here and wild life.
When I took this picture I was half way down in my field from the rock hut. What looks like a roll of bushes is really the very tops of trees growing in a large arroyo. The arroyo is spring feed with water so the wild ones use it like a express way well traveled. Took the picture in the winter time so everything is sleeping just giving you a peek of my back yard and the lil world I live in each day to share with you. I will soon be unfolding the patio furniture for the summer if all this beautiful weather keeps coming this way think spring sprung abit early. But the wild birds are coming in again maybe they know something I do not. Take care God bless loveya lil whispers.

Location hidden

#8362 Feb 19, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Lw....Cap'n...Seraphima...Jack
Yesteray was 77 degrees here....and today will be about the same....Come on Spring in the South.....
Grandson's 5th Birthdayis Friday and the family has a surprise for him....A drive north (Cleveland) and staying for the weekend at a place that has a lazy river and water slides and all kind of water fun.....Since the winter has been so bad for a little 7 year old and 5 year to get out and play outside and below zero temps....They are ready for a get away weekend....
The woman that cuts my hair grew up on a farm...and I was asking what she thought would be in the farmers field next to us this year...She said since it was corn last year it could be Soybean...Tobacco...Cotton.... She said on hot steamy nights the cotton field can give off a strange smell...and especially when they spray the chemical to wither up the leaves and pop the cotton out of the pod....She said that stuff really is pungent....I am learning so much about farming here....Will keep you up to date on our "Green Acre's" life ...LOL
Love ya all....
((*L-))
Morning Epi;

I think it is grand plan to take those grand babies to have this type of fun. When you talk to him again wish him a Happy Birthday from me. It hard to believe from your pictures how much they both have growin but hey time does not wait on us that is for certain.

So you been cutting that hair again. Sounds like the farmers are plotting another adventure for you this season with a possible strange smell. Last summer you got dive boomed by the dusters lol Those big birds are something else too. lol I could just see you out in the yard saying watch the house watch where your going.lol Those hellers came over my place one summer day and I was outside poking my thumbs in the air saying get that thing up fellas darn all they did was wave at me. lol (military). God bless loveya lil whispers

Location hidden

#8363 Feb 19, 2014
Humm missing some of the buds this am. Like Jack and Cap.
Of course sour lip come along dragging the peanut to roast over the flame what a way to sneak around. lol I know I woke up in a bitchy happy mood lol. Smooches for the world. lol Have a good day.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#8364 Feb 19, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yesteray was 77 degrees here....and today will be about the same....Come on Spring in the South.....
Grandson's 5th Birthdayis Friday and the family has a surprise for him....A drive north (Cleveland) and staying for the weekend at a place that has a lazy river and water slides and all kind of water fun.....Since the winter has been so bad for a little 7 year old and 5 year to get out and play outside and below zero temps....They are ready for a get away weekend....
The woman that cuts my hair grew up on a farm...and I was asking what she thought would be in the farmers field next to us this year...She said since it was corn last year it could be Soybean...Tobacco...Cotton.... She said on hot steamy nights the cotton field can give off a strange smell...and especially when they spray the chemical to wither up the leaves and pop the cotton out of the pod....She said that stuff really is pungent....I am learning so much about farming here....Will keep you up to date on our "Green Acre's" life ...LOL
Love ya all....
((*L-))
:)

Location hidden

#8365 Feb 19, 2014
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Now see how painful that was for you. lol And to top it off you po off Jibber too.lol
What you gonna do now to smooth the lil man's feathers.lol
I let him warch Walter.......LOL!

Location hidden

#8366 Feb 19, 2014
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Whispers,l.
Morning Jack;

The white dove have come in with the cooing singing of happiness on this place. The days are warm enough now to sit outside here. Soon be time to unwrap the air conditioners for those hot days that are coming. Me and my camera are going to be turning afew trick of our own this summer. Think it is a grand hobby will blend right in with my junk hunts too. God bless loveya lil whispers.

Location hidden

#8367 Feb 19, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I let him warch Walter.......LOL!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ZnGJGnUO_90XX
LoL loved the part about april fools lol never is a dull moment with you.
God bless loveya lil whispers.

Location hidden

#8368 Feb 19, 2014
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Jack;
The white dove have come in with the cooing singing of happiness on this place. The days are warm enough now to sit outside here. Soon be time to unwrap the air conditioners for those hot days that are coming. Me and my camera are going to be turning afew trick of our own this summer. Think it is a grand hobby will blend right in with my junk hunts too. God bless loveya lil whispers.
Yeah. I'm sick of this {{{cold}}} winter stuff!!! In fact, so sick of it I bought a one way plane ticket ta the Bahamas....but they wouldn't let me board with the army surplus parachute on... The guards kept say'n sumpth'n about some cooper while they chopped up my gear. Shoot! I don't even drive a mini cooper!...an how did they think I was gonna get it in my parachute anyway! Dang fools!

Location hidden

#8369 Feb 19, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. I'm sick of this {{{cold}}} winter stuff!!! In fact, so sick of it I bought a one way plane ticket ta the Bahamas....but they wouldn't let me board with the army surplus parachute on... The guards kept say'n sumpth'n about some cooper while they chopped up my gear. Shoot! I don't even drive a mini cooper!...an how did they think I was gonna get it in my parachute anyway! Dang fools!
lol they thought you had some magic tricks up your sleeves. That parachute would make a mighty fine blanket for the beach. By the way what size engine do those mimi coopers have anyway. They remind me of a lady bug lol Yep it has been a long cold winter but soon will fade away with the warm of summer. Remember those lil nashes they came out with years ago. Always thought thoses thunderbirds with the round windows 1955 or 56 were classy too and would fold in trunk to make convertible. Pricey if you can find one theses days. Out here there all after the 57 chevy two doors. I want to hit the car show in Colorado this summer you should see those beauties. Well if I cannot bring the real McCoy home with me I going to bring some pictures. Monster truck show in El Paso in two weeks. God bless loveya lil whispers.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#8370 Feb 19, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Love ya all....
((*L-))
Question...Do you have to climb a telephone pole to answer the phone? LOL I worked on a tobacco farm when I was a teenager. Hard work. and it gets HOT under those nets...

Location hidden

#8371 Feb 19, 2014
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
lol they thought you had some magic tricks up your sleeves. That parachute would make a mighty fine blanket for the beach. By the way what size engine do those mimi coopers have anyway. They remind me of a lady bug lol Yep it has been a long cold winter but soon will fade away with the warm of summer. Remember those lil nashes they came out with years ago. Always thought thoses thunderbirds with the round windows 1955 or 56 were classy too and would fold in trunk to make convertible. Pricey if you can find one theses days. Out here there all after the 57 chevy two doors. I want to hit the car show in Colorado this summer you should see those beauties. Well if I cannot bring the real McCoy home with me I going to bring some pictures. Monster truck show in El Paso in two weeks. God bless loveya lil whispers.
I got a buddy with a 56 chev that is totally ready to reassemble with new 1 piece floor pan, engine, and all. He is a "true" expert at it. He has had cars on the HR mag "cover". He was talking about selling it as is, but he has said that before. LOL!

Location hidden

#8372 Feb 19, 2014
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Sera;
I changed the picture so you could see how close I am to the mountains here and wild life.
When I took this picture I was half way down in my field from the rock hut. What looks like a roll of bushes is really the very tops of trees growing in a large arroyo. The arroyo is spring feed with water so the wild ones use it like a express way well traveled. Took the picture in the winter time so everything is sleeping just giving you a peek of my back yard and the lil world I live in each day to share with you. I will soon be unfolding the patio furniture for the summer if all this beautiful weather keeps coming this way think spring sprung abit early. But the wild birds are coming in again maybe they know something I do not. Take care God bless loveya lil whispers.
Good morning to you.....love the picture and you sure are close to the mountains. Beautiful. Today it is 43 and I was outside shoveling the snow from the sidewalks so the ice under the snow could melt before the other storm comes in. It was more like shoveling slush, lol and it was heavy .I told myself what I tell my special needs grandson...".if you think you can do it, you can."..I hope you enjoy your day!!!

Location hidden

#8373 Feb 19, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL

Location hidden

#8374 Feb 19, 2014
Good Morning to all the beautiful souls on is thread! You all are good people. God Bless each and everyone of you....

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#8375 Feb 19, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Love ya all....
((*L-))
Hello Ep,

Hope the little tykes have a ball :)

Crop rotation, they do it here as well. Usually with corn they'd follow with soy bean - as it 'fixes' nitrogen in the soil. Have seen tobacco grown a following year(following corn), but not common. Yes, they grow tobacco up here, mainly the Amish(they may in Ohio , too). Never heard of cotton in a corn rotation but not familiar with southern practices, so your hair dresser's a "local yokel" with the 'edge' ;)

If what she describes about the spraying is accurate, I'd find out more about the toxicity(if any) and other effects the chemicals , wind driven, could have on you,husband, and pets.

Here's a link to (Hey Whispers- look -->) Mew Mexico State University about what was probably described to you:

http://aces.nmsu.edu/pubs/_a/A217/welcome.htm...

Gives you a start, best to be prepared ...

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#8376 Feb 19, 2014
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Jack;
We have 'Mourning Doves'(a.k.a.-'Turtle Doves'...yeah ,now you know "...two Turtle Doves and a ...") that like to sit on the roof peak, especially in spring , cooing in the mornings. Sound similar to an owl. I enjoy their 'company', as well as many other creatures that may wander through.
And same here, like to get a few good pics of them and landscapes. Spring can't come too soon, need those 'nature hikes'... sooth the soul...

To You and All, a Great Day :)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#8377 Feb 20, 2014
Morning....

I see the weather will be windy tomorrow.....50 and 60 mile an hour winds...Hope we keep power....Some people still do not have power even now.....

Jack...Thanks for the link to the spraying of the cotton plants....My cousin did say that we should have our well checked...because of the field is right next door....I thought it was strange to have the airplanes to spray last summer

Seraphima last week I could have climbed up on the telephone poles to use the phone (when our power was off)....LOL

Have a great one everyone....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#8378 Feb 21, 2014
No body stopped by last night....

Morning Everyone....

Yesterday was so nice here....78 degrees and sunny...Our daffodills are popping up.....Today strong storms and wind is suppose to hit here today....

LW...I finally met my neighbor next door...He has been overseas serving....He is a young man about mid thirties. His family owns all the Land around here. His grandma rents out her land to the farmers...The family also have a manufacturing business at the end of our road. They manufacture farming equipment....I feel safer now because his brother in law is a county sheriff and keeps an eye on our places....

I hope everyone has a great day today.....Love ya

Location hidden

#8379 Feb 21, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
No body stopped by last night....
Morning Everyone....
Yesterday was so nice here....78 degrees and sunny...Our daffodills are popping up.....Today strong storms and wind is suppose to hit here today....
LW...I finally met my neighbor next door...He has been overseas serving....He is a young man about mid thirties. His family owns all the Land around here. His grandma rents out her land to the farmers...The family also have a manufacturing business at the end of our road. They manufacture farming equipment....I feel safer now because his brother in law is a county sheriff and keeps an eye on our places....
I hope everyone has a great day today.....Love ya
Good morning Epi;

I did not stop in I have been on a Merry go round for afew hours. By the time I got off it was after midnight last night. By the time I manage to find a pillow the shades were already pulled shut over my eyes.

Goosh talk about cold yesterday was a hum dinger and that wind was blowing and it was full of deep freeze ideas. Cold enough to make the teeth chatter and the skin to rare up with goose bumps. Plus being sandblasted with dirt. Was glad to part company with it when I found warmth.

So you finally found your neighbors wonderful and from your post sounds like you been adopted to by a county sheriff. Also solves the mystery why the pick up never got moved out of the drive way. I think it is grand that you have some protection with him patrolling the area.
Tis a nice comfortable feeling to know when someone is around to look after things.

Location hidden

#8380 Feb 21, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I got a buddy with a 56 chev that is totally ready to reassemble with new 1 piece floor pan, engine, and all. He is a "true" expert at it. He has had cars on the HR mag "cover". He was talking about selling it as is, but he has said that before. LOL!
Mornin Cap;

LOL sure he going to sale that 56 Chevy. Fellows do not sale there toys opss maybe a wife or a sweetheart but not the big fellow toys. LOL

Here is why;

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min June VanDerMark 555,180
Respecting Gays is one way to go to Heaven 4 min andet1987 49
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min River Tam 765,447
loan shark needed (Apr '14) 19 min lookingloan123 11
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 34 min Rick in Kansas 263,691
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 56 min Dr Wu 603,720
women: who are the most attractive celebrities? 1 hr andet1987 2
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 4 hr BottomNow 1,191

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE