Friends who want to share daily livin...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#8321 Feb 12, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just check'n in and read'n here and there.........
Have a good day everyone!
Mornin Cap;

You wondered across my brain a couple of times yesterday.(smile) I wondered how the appointment went and if you were doing ok. Just hope all went well for you.

You know pretty soon your going to have to give up that cherry wood stering wheel that sitting beside your bed and install it on that project of yours. You best listen to Jibber's
instruction about it too. Boy, would I love to hear him give you the what for's and how come's
Have a good day. God bless loveya lil whispers.

Location hidden

#8322 Feb 12, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
Morning.....
Lw and Cap'n and Seraphima...Where are you?...LOL
We are suppost to get another Ice storm here tonight and tomorrow....Maybe it won't hit this area...Then it might....We will see...
LW...Son told me yesterday that they will come down to visit in June....I will get to do "Grandma things" with the 7 and 5 year old....Gotta make some FUN plans....I can let them spend a couple nights while Mom and Dad can just enjoy the Beach by themselves....Works for me....LOL
Have a great day everyone...Take care....
Mornin Epi;

Sounds like a grand time planned together. Take lots of pictures friend out here is watching them grow ya know. Month of June hope you plan a outdoor pool for them to play in and grandma's always has a barrel of ice cream too. Does wonders for Mom and Dad to get off to themselves and play abit too. God bless loveya lil whispers.

Location hidden

#8323 Feb 12, 2014
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Ep,
I like raised beds, been doing much gardening like that for many years. Started as "square foot gardening" and modified/expanded from there. I use cinder blocks (6in wide) stacked in 2 rows and filled with dirt. Never have to worry about it rotting, like wood. Stay away from heavily trearted wood if you go that route, the chemicals can leach into the soil. A good bet is the composite materials , though initially expensive ,will last for many ,many years. Here's one site I though good:
http://www.popularmechanics.com/home/how-to-p...
And another on different materials:
http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/16676705/list/...
Lettuce is a 'cool' weather crop so won't do well with heat, if you want it, in your region about now is the time to plant it!
Good, all round "useful" plants ,imo, are beans , squash, and corn... recognise this combo? It's the ol' "Three Sisters" our ancestors would plant. Versatile and easy to process, yet aren't the only ones I plant. Bush beans are hardy and extremely prolific, much more than pole varieties , but produce all beans in one or two" harvests" - then die. I 'succession' plant, one box 2-3 weeks apart for continual harvest throughout the season. Just some ideas.
Summer squash(like zucchini) a good choice as well as 'winter' varieties. Also heat loving plants like peppers and eggplant would do well in your area.
Hope these suggestions help , wet yer noodle and get you off on the joys of gardening :)
Mornin Jack;

Quite educational way of gardening and raising the vegs. Thanks for the information and tips too. God bless loveya lil whispers.

Location hidden

#8324 Feb 12, 2014
For your information I seen the lips, flame, peanuts so long that your opinion is your problem not mine. I figured it is a habit with you. Again no problem that habit belongs all to you. It shows you for what you are.
Again that is your problem not mine.

Location hidden

#8325 Feb 12, 2014
lil whispers wrote:
For your information I seen the lips, flame, peanuts so long that your opinion is your problem not mine. I figured it is a habit with you. Again no problem that habit belongs all to you. It shows you for what you are.
Again that is your problem not mine.
Just for you icon fairy. NO ONE CARES.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#8326 Feb 12, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
Oh LW....where are you Friend?
Cap'n...Good to hear from you....Keep on...keepin on ...:-)
Seraphima....Jack...AJ...and anyone else "lurking"....Hope your day is Good....If I disapear for awhile...It is because we have Lost power..They said if we do...It could be for days...There was a bad ice storm here 10 years ago and some areas were without power for a week.
So.....See ya....When I see ya
LOL
Still gitt'n the power back on from 10 years ago huh? Man....you all are out in the stix! LOL!

Location hidden

#8327 Feb 12, 2014
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Mornin Cap;
You wondered across my brain a couple of times yesterday.(smile) I wondered how the appointment went and if you were doing ok. Just hope all went well for you.
You know pretty soon your going to have to give up that cherry wood stering wheel that sitting beside your bed and install it on that project of yours. You best listen to Jibber's
instruction about it too. Boy, would I love to hear him give you the what for's and how come's
I didn't go. I told 'em I wanted the whole case history first, and "I" will need ta review it all first and then maybe "me" and you can proceed from there....so they are getting it together.:)
We got a ways ta go here yet for spring sis....but it's a com'n! Jibber said hi!
Love ya!

Location hidden

#8328 Feb 12, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't go. I told 'em I wanted the whole case history first, and "I" will need ta review it all first and then maybe "me" and you can proceed from there....so they are getting it together.:)
We got a ways ta go here yet for spring sis....but it's a com'n! Jibber said hi!
Love ya!
Mornin Cap;

Very wise of you since they cannot seem to find what they looking for to start with.
Aren't people simply amazing. Meaning the brain is snozzing and the radio is playing. lol
The wonder of it all.

I think out here mother nature is playing possum it is warming up for a whammy job just you watch what I tell ya. Old mother nature got more tricks up her sleeves than a skunk with twenty reloadable pouches. lol I am looking for first week of March to come in like a roaring lion this year. As they say time tells all stories.

Location hidden

#8329 Feb 12, 2014
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Mornin Cap;
Very wise of you since they cannot seem to find what they looking for to start with.
Aren't people simply amazing. Meaning the brain is snozzing and the radio is playing. lol
The wonder of it all.
I think out here mother nature is playing possum it is warming up for a whammy job just you watch what I tell ya. Old mother nature got more tricks up her sleeves than a skunk with twenty reloadable pouches. lol I am looking for first week of March to come in like a roaring lion this year. As they say time tells all stories.
heh heh heh........we'll see won't we.....don't put yer boots away yet..........

Location hidden

#8330 Feb 12, 2014
Anyone else smell that terrible odor lurking in the shadows?

Location hidden

#8331 Feb 13, 2014
Good morning to everyone;

Tis cool out here this morning at 34 but dry conditions remain here.
Hope everyone has a grand weekend. Want to wish all a Happy
Valentines day with those you love. Stay safe and warm. Take care
of yourselves. God bless loveya lil whispers.

PS I off to project play once again.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#8332 Feb 14, 2014
OK...Three days wthout power......Trees al over...That was a terrible Ice storm....

Using Bojangles Wi-Fi now.....I will post when we get our power back on....

Love to everyone...Happy Valentines day

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#8333 Feb 14, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
OK...Three days wthout power......Trees al over...That was a terrible Ice storm....
Using Bojangles Wi-Fi now.....I will post when we get our power back on....
Love to everyone...Happy Valentines day
Sorry to learn Ep, what are you using for heat? Was surprised we didn't lose power, got snow...lots of it,and more on the way tonight. Burnt out on winter....

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#8334 Feb 15, 2014
Good morning friends(snowy morning...again<sigh>)

Here's a little article I know Epi(Hope yer power is back today!) and others who frequent will find interesting:

http://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/Articl...

Have a Great Day peeps...

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#8335 Feb 15, 2014
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to learn Ep, what are you using for heat? Was surprised we didn't lose power, got snow...lots of it,and more on the way tonight. Burnt out on winter....
Hey Jack.....Hubby has a generator and plugged the Fridge...an electric fireplace...and one lamp into it...The Fireplace kept it warm enough...When we would make coffee in the Morning we unplugged the heater and used the Coffeemaker.....Wasn't terribly bad....But after 3 days our e-mail was 376 messages

I know you are burnt out....My family in Ohio is also.....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#8336 Feb 15, 2014
Senecus wrote:
Good morning friends(snowy morning...again<sigh>)
Here's a little article I know Epi(Hope yer power is back today!) and others who frequent will find interesting:
http://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/Articl...
Have a Great Day peeps...
Yes...It just came on at 10 AM this morning....4 and half days......Bad storm....You should see all the Pine tree branches all over everywhere.

Yes....LOVE the GTO.....(Thumbs up)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#8337 Feb 15, 2014
Lw....Cap'n....Seraphima...Whe re is everyone?

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#8338 Feb 15, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes...It just came on at 10 AM this morning....4 and half days......Bad storm....You should see all the Pine tree branches all over everywhere.
Yes....LOVE the GTO.....(Thumbs up)
Hi Ep!

Saw the post on FB(via email-phone) a bit ago. Brutal storm! Did you catch the 100+ vehicle pile up on the PA Turnpike on the news? Unbelievable!

Saw other post, I assumed you probably had a generator, most of us rural folks do :)
But I know some who just throw another log on the fire(in stove or fireplace),'fire up' kerosene lamps, and wait for power to come back on. I did that myself a few times while on Long Island. Now that I use a corn/pellet stove,unfortunately they do need electric to operate fans so generator comes out in event of power failure in winter.

Glad to hear you guys are out of the woods. Guess next step is to 'clean up' property - barring any more storms....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#8339 Feb 16, 2014
Morning Friends.....

It is nice to wake up and turn on a light....LOL....We are so "spoiled" to the conviences in our lives......

Have a great day today....I plan on it....

Love ya

Location hidden

#8340 Feb 16, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
Morning Friends.....
It is nice to wake up and turn on a light....LOL....We are so "spoiled" to the conviences in our lives......
Have a great day today....I plan on it....
Love ya
Morning Epi;

You and honey have been tucked in and hunkered down for afew days thru that storm. Good to see you back and doing ok. No doubt those storms can get our attention when it comes to the conviences of life. lol Beginning to have spring type weather out here but got that odd feeling it is a teaser cause I am looking to get hammered before spring really does get here. Have a good day. God bless loveya lil whispers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hard Reset Sony ST27i Xperia Go 4 min hafacs 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min River Tam 864,792
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min June VanDerMark 599,779
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 18 min courious SWF 361
Why are there only Old White Men on the Ballot 33 min Wake the Dead 1
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr HipGnosis 2,008
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 6,476
White Lives MATTER 2 hr Burke Devlin 113
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 hr WasteWater 272,417
More from around the web