Friends who want to share daily livin...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#8305 Feb 9, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
LW....
My goodness....Looks like you really researched it....Have you thought about a book before?
There is alot more to writing a book that is for sure....You have a unique down home way about your wording and sayings....
I think Cap'n could write a book (which he might have already)....He can be very interesting in his research and views of Ancient History...I think he could be a good teacher....But now he wants to "Enjoy Life" and tinker with his cars and bike....Nothing wrong with that
Have a great day Friend....Going to church and afterwards meeting my cousins (who have been here for a month now) for Lunch. They will be heading to Florida on Thursday..for about a month...then they will mosey on home to NE Ohio...They are SNOW Birds....
Love ya all
Hahahhah! I thought about that, and began compiling material...there came a point that I realized the world is just not ready for what I have to say.
Have a good day Epi...enjoy your company.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#8306 Feb 10, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahhah! I thought about that, and began compiling material...there came a point that I realized the world is just not ready for what I have to say.
Have a good day Epi...enjoy your company.
LOL...The world is not ready to hear what you have to say...YET?....

You'll know when the time is right....

Have a great day....Be safe

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#8307 Feb 10, 2014
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Whispers, now it's late but the day went well:)
Hope yours did too. I was looking through some seed catalogs the other night, for those 'hard to get' ones. Most I need though I buy locally. And did just that yesterday, some bush beans, bok choi(both standard and "baby"),egg plant(an Asian variety), squash and a type of 'cherry' tomato.
I'll grow many of my own seedlings for transplant.
Got some paper work to finish; staying a warm as I can, you dear lady do the same.
A good night to you and All...
I am going to try to grow some vegetables this year.....Do you know a place on the internet that shows how to build "Raised bed boxes" for planting....I want to put it close to my back door and close to the water...because it gets so hot here in the summer months....What is a good starting and hearty plant ...Is lettuce hard to grow? Hubby doesn't care for Tomatoes much...so maybe one plant should work....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#8308 Feb 10, 2014
LW...

Hope you are doing Good....Might get more snow and Ice tomorrow....Blah......

Had a nice going away lunch with my cousins....They will drive down to Florida for a few weeks...then back home for the month of March in Ohio...which can "Come in like a Lion...and go out like a lamb"....Or....NOT

Love ya Friend

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#8310 Feb 10, 2014
You guys might be interested in this...

http://www.victorygardenfoundation.org/victor...

Useful tips...

http://www.modernvictorygarden.com/plantingji...

http://www.howcast.com/videos/383459-How-to-M...

I learned about these from a little old man that I ran into one day...he gave me the instructions on exactly what to do...but sadly the were on a computer that died from..."eminent failure"...death due to old age and over usage.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#8312 Feb 10, 2014
AnnieJ wrote:
Useful tips...
I learned about these from a little old man that I ran into one day...he gave me the instructions on exactly what to do...but sadly the were on a computer that died from..."eminent failure"...death due to old age and over usage.
LOL....Thanks AJ....I loved watching Victory Garden On PBS....

I will keep this in my favorites....I'm gonna start small...See how it grows...We have alot of sand here...I need to get good dark growing soil for the beds....

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#8313 Feb 10, 2014
AnnieJ wrote:
Useful tips...
Hi Lass!

I've seen the first one before, thanks for those other two:)

BTW, did you move again(being not on as much probably 'missed' something)?

Hoping you day's been well - Jack

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#8314 Feb 10, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL....Thanks AJ....I loved watching Victory Garden On PBS....
I will keep this in my favorites....I'm gonna start small...See how it grows...We have alot of sand here...I need to get good dark growing soil for the beds....
Yeah! THAT was a great show!

Your soil and conditions are VERY much like those on Long Island(where I started gardening and lived for years). Many "Islanders" that relocate to the Carolina's notice it right away.

Sand is good for drainage, you want that, but not TOO much. You'll want to amend the soil with compost, and any loam you can obtain. Does your township have a composting facility? Many today do, and offer some great compost to town residents , you do the carting. If you've got a pick up, great-right in the bed. If not , some small garbage cans in a hatch/trunk or a few 5 gallon buckets will get you started on a couple of 4x4 raised beds. I make my own, that's a whole other 'production'. After I have my soil set and ready for planting , I'd place 2 layers of newspaper on top of soil and poke holes where my seeds/transplants will go(in recent years I use shredded paper, actually easier).This to keep weeding down. On top of the newspaper after plants are established, grass clippings as mulch to retain water/cut down on need to water as often.

First though, gotta get them beds built!:)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#8315 Feb 11, 2014
Morning.....

Lw and Cap'n and Seraphima...Where are you?...LOL

We are suppost to get another Ice storm here tonight and tomorrow....Maybe it won't hit this area...Then it might....We will see...

LW...Son told me yesterday that they will come down to visit in June....I will get to do "Grandma things" with the 7 and 5 year old....Gotta make some FUN plans....I can let them spend a couple nights while Mom and Dad can just enjoy the Beach by themselves....Works for me....LOL

Have a great day everyone...Take care....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#8316 Feb 11, 2014
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah! THAT was a great show!
Your soil and conditions are VERY much like those on Long Island(where I started gardening and lived for years). Many "Islanders" that relocate to the Carolina's notice it right away.
Sand is good for drainage, you want that, but not TOO much. You'll want to amend the soil with compost, and any loam you can obtain. Does your township have a composting facility? Many today do, and offer some great compost to town residents , you do the carting. If you've got a pick up, great-right in the bed. If not , some small garbage cans in a hatch/trunk or a few 5 gallon buckets will get you started on a couple of 4x4 raised beds. I make my own, that's a whole other 'production'. After I have my soil set and ready for planting , I'd place 2 layers of newspaper on top of soil and poke holes where my seeds/transplants will go(in recent years I use shredded paper, actually easier).This to keep weeding down. On top of the newspaper after plants are established, grass clippings as mulch to retain water/cut down on need to water as often.
First though, gotta get them beds built!:)
Will do....Thanks Jack

:-)
play boy

Pasadena, CA

#8317 Feb 11, 2014
call me any age women i am a play boy call me any time 918285857207

Location hidden

#8318 Feb 11, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
Morning.....
We are suppost to get another Ice storm here tonight and tomorrow....Maybe it won't hit this area...Then it might....We will see...
LW...Son told me yesterday that they will come down to visit in June....I will get to do "Grandma things" with the 7 and 5 year old....Gotta make some FUN plans....I can let them spend a couple nights while Mom and Dad can just enjoy the Beach by themselves....Works for me....LOL
Just check'n in and read'n here and there.........
Have a good day everyone!

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#8319 Feb 12, 2014
Oh LW....where are you Friend?

Cap'n...Good to hear from you....Keep on...keepin on ...:-)

Seraphima....Jack...AJ...and anyone else "lurking"....Hope your day is Good....If I disapear for awhile...It is because we have Lost power..They said if we do...It could be for days...There was a bad ice storm here 10 years ago and some areas were without power for a week.

So.....See ya....When I see ya

LOL

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#8320 Feb 12, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
Seraphima....Jack...AJ...and anyone else "lurking"....Hope your day is Good....If I disapear for awhile...It is because we have Lost power..They said if we do...It could be for days...There was a bad ice storm here 10 years ago and some areas were without power for a week.
LOL
Morning Epi;

I been on several runs over the past few days hauling junk.(lol at self) Let me tell you, I manage to find all kind of goodies and whoooooooooooooooo bring on those projects. I am going to build some more pretties. I been off playin and goofin around again.

Suppose to be up in the sixties all this next coming week so is looking like spring might be making it peek abit early but always watch out cause the lamb might turn into a lion in a short period of time in my part of this world.
Have a good day God bless loveya lil whispers.

Location hidden

#8321 Feb 12, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just check'n in and read'n here and there.........
Have a good day everyone!
Mornin Cap;

You wondered across my brain a couple of times yesterday.(smile) I wondered how the appointment went and if you were doing ok. Just hope all went well for you.

You know pretty soon your going to have to give up that cherry wood stering wheel that sitting beside your bed and install it on that project of yours. You best listen to Jibber's
instruction about it too. Boy, would I love to hear him give you the what for's and how come's
Have a good day. God bless loveya lil whispers.

Location hidden

#8322 Feb 12, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
Morning.....
Mornin Epi;

Sounds like a grand time planned together. Take lots of pictures friend out here is watching them grow ya know. Month of June hope you plan a outdoor pool for them to play in and grandma's always has a barrel of ice cream too. Does wonders for Mom and Dad to get off to themselves and play abit too. God bless loveya lil whispers.

Location hidden

#8324 Feb 12, 2014
For your information I seen the lips, flame, peanuts so long that your opinion is your problem not mine. I figured it is a habit with you. Again no problem that habit belongs all to you. It shows you for what you are.
Again that is your problem not mine.

Location hidden

#8325 Feb 12, 2014
lil whispers wrote:
For your information I seen the lips, flame, peanuts so long that your opinion is your problem not mine. I figured it is a habit with you. Again no problem that habit belongs all to you. It shows you for what you are.
Again that is your problem not mine.
Just for you icon fairy. NO ONE CARES.

Location hidden

#8326 Feb 12, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
LOL
Still gitt'n the power back on from 10 years ago huh? Man....you all are out in the stix! LOL!

Location hidden

#8327 Feb 12, 2014
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Mornin Cap;
You wondered across my brain a couple of times yesterday.(smile) I wondered how the appointment went and if you were doing ok. Just hope all went well for you.
You know pretty soon your going to have to give up that cherry wood stering wheel that sitting beside your bed and install it on that project of yours. You best listen to Jibber's
instruction about it too. Boy, would I love to hear him give you the what for's and how come's
Have a good day. God bless loveya lil whispers.
I didn't go. I told 'em I wanted the whole case history first, and "I" will need ta review it all first and then maybe "me" and you can proceed from there....so they are getting it together.:)
We got a ways ta go here yet for spring sis....but it's a com'n! Jibber said hi!
Love ya!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min kent 693,287
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Gabriel 992,039
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 7 min EditorAtLarge 52,204
Walgreens is owned by Christ-rejecting Jews 9 min Laughing Out Loud... 3
the Lord JEHOVAH YAHWEH..has ALWAYS EXISTED??! 25 min Doctor REALITY 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr waaasssuuup 445,996
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 3 hr lightbeamrider 4,470
More from around the web