Friends who want to share daily livin...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#8158 Jan 28, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You too LW. Don't be work'n yerself ta death now.
Orders!
Morning Cap;

Orders noted. Thanks it does not have to be all done in one day and besides is no real dead lines to meet either. It will happen when it happens huh.

Lil box is reading seven here this am. Not going to get to warm today out here predicted high is thirty six. I seen the tempts and all I could think about was a pot of hot stew and a piece of warm corn bread. lol what a thing to think off with the tempts the way they are. As if all that going to change anything temp wise.lol

Even my critters are lazy this morning not a peep one out of them. They get into a bad mood when it comes to cold weather they just dig deeper into their beds and when it time to get up man oh man can they give me some crusty looks lol That old saying never disturb a sleeping dog fits them well. God bless loveya lil whispers.

Location hidden

#8159 Jan 28, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
Morning Friends.....
Well SC is "Hunkered Down"....We have all our Bread and Milk (Something the Southeners think they have to buy if it snows a little)...LOL
Since there isn't any salt or cinders stockpiled here the roads could be dangerous if Ice gets on them...Hey I am a former Buckeye so I knopw how to drive in winter....Very carefully.....
LW I hope you had a good night...You and Judy are Night Owls....I Love MORNINGS...I love walking on the beach while the sun comes up (Not today though)
Will be puttering around the house today...I'll cath up with everyone later.....Love ya all
Morning Epi;

I do not own a schedule lol and if in I did sure would not know how to follow the thing.
Something I never did do was learn how to follow something and I am lousy box cook
direction read all wrong for me. Tis best to learn how to bounce with the changes in one
lifestyle. When all else fails read directions lol. What directions lol ???

So you getting that pretty white fluff. I can well imagine what goes on out there when the
snow arrives. I watch that type of madness when I live in Dallas Texas. First time around with those folks I thought what the big deal here about snow lol but I watch them do some odd ball things in the snow there when it came.

I like to be out under the stars and watch the moon. Watched some beautiful sunrises and sunsets. But then I am a mother nature type too. Things that is undisturbed by the modern world. God bless loveya lil whispers.

Location hidden

#8160 Jan 28, 2014
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
I got a chance to sleep in this morning teehee -- So I did.
Morning Jute;

I left you a answer here you asked on the other thread. Seriously you should think about one for you and honey cause it a nice way to travel. Mine unit is mid size not overly large so handles in traffic real well. Gas wise about 12 to the gallon but with that you got to figure what you also caring with you. Mine sleeps six ,living room kitchen dinning room combo with a bath and one private separate sleeping area. It is all self contained with everything. I even have a mini patio set with it. What it amount to is a small home on wheels. I can take it to the city or woods and have all the comforts of home right along with me. Mine will pull the boat nicely too .I have mine fixed so all have to do is put gas and food in it and go. When finished with trip general clean up for next trip and removal of perishables is all I do. Nice part is you can park them just about anywhere and still have the comforts. I call mine the party pad as have a ball of time when I go out to play around. God bless loveya lil whispers.

Location hidden

#8161 Jan 28, 2014
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Same Ep, a Great Day to you and All....
BBL..
Morning Jack;

Hope your critters are doing fine with your cold weather. Most probably one more month to go then things may take a turn around and it will get warmer. My lil hand full of critters are surviving pretty good so far. Getting fat and sassy too boot. lol Really would have them no
other way.

Hope all the family and you are staying warm and comfortable .God bless loveya lil whispers.

Location hidden

#8162 Jan 28, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> I am here...lol ..today I finished up in the basement and snow blowed the driveway and sidewalks. Its coldddd out there.I couldn't find my gloves so I took my Halloween socks and used them a mittens. lol My hands still got cold.Not much else other than the usual care for Nick and the animals. Hope you had a day today! GBU
Morning Sera;

Wondering where you are and hoping you both doing fine. Tis cold out here this morning and I been stoking that fire pretty heavy. Just a couple more months and I let the stove go on vacation for the summer after a good pipe clean and belly clean.

Daughter came in seen my kitchen and almost killed over on me. lol Think I have a shocked kid. When she finally did come around she said my daddy would throw a fit. Mom you can not work like this at your age .lol Bossy lil tike she is. Ha Ha when I get it finished be the most dandies piece of work and may star in a magazine picture. Think I will make a sign that reads stay out project under construction. lol

Valentines day is coming hoping your making some kind of special plans for your honey.
How sweet can it get when you got someone to love. God bless loveya lil whispers.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#8163 Jan 28, 2014
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Cap;
Orders noted. Thanks it does not have to be all done in one day and besides is no real dead lines to meet either. It will happen when it happens huh.
Lil box is reading seven here this am. Not going to get to warm today out here predicted high is thirty six. I seen the tempts and all I could think about was a pot of hot stew and a piece of warm corn bread. lol what a thing to think off with the tempts the way they are. As if all that going to change anything temp wise.lol
Even my critters are lazy this morning not a peep one out of them. They get into a bad mood when it comes to cold weather they just dig deeper into their beds and when it time to get up man oh man can they give me some crusty looks lol That old saying never disturb a sleeping dog fits them well. God bless loveya lil whispers.
It's just natural for them, and us too really. Society today has taken over that natural instinct to keep the body and organs safe from exposure to dangerous conditions.
It's brutally cold and crunchy here as well.

Location hidden

#8164 Jan 28, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just natural for them, and us too really. Society today has taken over that natural instinct to keep the body and organs safe from exposure to dangerous conditions.
It's brutally cold and crunchy here as well.
I feed extra heavy thru the winter months. I figure they need it. Pretty careful too about what kind of temps they are exposed too. I find that society sure has some strange ideas about things too but that is just my thinking too. I lean more to trusting my own instincts. Like my old wood stove, lamps, feather beds and pillows and some heavy duty cover not that thin paper stuff sold high dollars at malls and homemade food not fast foods. LoL I know cap I just a different speed of kitty cat. But that meow fits for me. God bless loveya lil whispers.

Location hidden

#8165 Jan 28, 2014
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
I feed extra heavy thru the winter months. I figure they need it. Pretty careful too about what kind of temps they are exposed too. I find that society sure has some strange ideas about things too but that is just my thinking too. I lean more to trusting my own instincts. Like my old wood stove, lamps, feather beds and pillows and some heavy duty cover not that thin paper stuff sold high dollars at malls and homemade food not fast foods. LoL I know cap I just a different speed of kitty cat. But that meow fits for me. God bless loveya lil whispers.
Ya. Living right and knowing how to keep the body in order is essential. That's why there is so much sickness and disease today...folks have lost all that knowledge and habit, and are polluting themselves with toxic foods and behaviors(that includes toxic pharmco meds).

Location hidden

#8166 Jan 28, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya. Living right and knowing how to keep the body in order is essential. That's why there is so much sickness and disease today...folks have lost all that knowledge and habit, and are polluting themselves with toxic foods and behaviors(that includes toxic pharmco meds).
Well I know some people out here that would not eat deer or elk or anything that is home made. Such as butter, jelly canned foods in jars. If it is not store bought they will not eat it period. They also tell you the work of doing it is not worth it when they can get the same thing at the store. I sometimes wonder if human mind has been processed much like the foods in the store put on a shelf so to speak .Jmo. With way the thinking is even gardening is almost a thing of the past. People use to hunt and fish for the meat to eat it is now done for sport. Yes times are changing just like the weather patterns and tis sad to say I think for the worst for some people. Civilization seems to climb to the top and then spirial downward again.God bless loveya lil whispers.

Location hidden

#8167 Jan 28, 2014
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I know some people out here that would not eat deer or elk or anything that is home made. Such as butter, jelly canned foods in jars. If it is not store bought they will not eat it period. They also tell you the work of doing it is not worth it when they can get the same thing at the store. I sometimes wonder if human mind has been processed much like the foods in the store put on a shelf so to speak .Jmo. With way the thinking is even gardening is almost a thing of the past. People use to hunt and fish for the meat to eat it is now done for sport. Yes times are changing just like the weather patterns and tis sad to say I think for the worst for some people. Civilization seems to climb to the top and then spirial downward again.God bless loveya lil whispers.
Fluoride and chlorine in the urban water systems is making the general public into lazy imbeciles. BHT, aspartame, and other toxic chemicals in processed foods toxifying and killing them as well.

The accumulation and concentration of wealth invariably ruins a country. Historical records prove history fraught with those failures.

Location hidden

#8168 Jan 28, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fluoride and chlorine in the urban water systems is making the general public into lazy imbeciles. BHT, aspartame, and other toxic chemicals in processed foods toxifying and killing them as well.
The accumulation and concentration of wealth invariably ruins a country. Historical records prove history fraught with those failures.
I think next time I hit the big city I going to purchase one of those water systems you told me about. I want clean water to drink. I have water under this place twenty feet down but need casings and pump may do this in the near future. I have in mind a year round green house too. Some may think it is pipe dreams but work and determination is what get the wheels moving. I want a self suffice place in this world to live. Do you think that is possible.

Location hidden

#8169 Jan 28, 2014
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
I think next time I hit the big city I going to purchase one of those water systems you told me about. I want clean water to drink. I have water under this place twenty feet down but need casings and pump may do this in the near future. I have in mind a year round green house too. Some may think it is pipe dreams but work and determination is what get the wheels moving. I want a self suffice place in this world to live. Do you think that is possible.
Yup! Totally. Ya got canning supplies? I'm still thinking on "cheap" greenhouse nite heat.
Set the longest wall of the greenhouse about 11-15 degrees S-SE for the winter sun.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#8170 Jan 29, 2014
Morning Friends

Snow storm not so bad....There is a dusting out there...and ice is underneath..but after today...It will melt fast...Friday will be 60 degrees

LW and Crystal Skull...I am planning on planting a garden this spring....So I will be learning as I go...LOL....We got a seed catalog in the mail yesterday.....We will see....

Can you believe January only has 2 more days in it?....It has beena COLD one hasn't it?

Hope everyone reading has a GREAT day!!

Talk at cha later

Location hidden

#8171 Jan 29, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
Morning Friends
Snow storm not so bad....There is a dusting out there...and ice is underneath..but after today...It will melt fast...Friday will be 60 degrees
LW and Crystal Skull...I am planning on planting a garden this spring....So I will be learning as I go...LOL....We got a seed catalog in the mail yesterday.....We will see....
Can you believe January only has 2 more days in it?....It has beena COLD one hasn't it?
Talk at cha later
Ya. It's been a cold one.
Make sure you read those directions well. A lot of plants can't take too much water and need to be planted in good drainage or they will mold and rot.
You have a great day too Epi!

Location hidden

#8172 Jan 29, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup! Totally. Ya got canning supplies? I'm still thinking on "cheap" greenhouse nite heat.
Set the longest wall of the greenhouse about 11-15 degrees S-SE for the winter sun.
Morning Cap;

I have supplies and equiptment for three ways to process canning, freezing and drying.
I have the framing and windows and two doors stored in a shed for a greenhouse. What
I do not have is the heat source yet. I will note in my note book the 11-15 degrees S-SE
Winter sun information. Tis really no hurry as do not expect to get it built this summer but
possible the summer after that. This coming summer will be filled full with fixing the ole
rock hut for better comforts. So should you come across information of value please send it
my way. God bless loveya lil whispers.

Location hidden

#8173 Jan 29, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
Morning Friends
Talk at cha later
Hi Epi;

I got a tease of a dusting of snow out here yesterday morning and it was all gone by noon.
I think Feb is going to be the month that makes us all run for the caves. Tempt out here are
like a bobber in water up and down.

Well if we were close to each other and not half way across the world I could give you rabbit casing for your garden area. But from the pictures you sent me your part of the world grows like a garden anyway.

Had a four o'clock appointment yesterday with the headstone people and as that went my order will not be filled now until May. Just another stepping stone on the back burner for a while a bit disappointed but that my luck anyhow. Son and I drove seventy miles just to be told May. I had ordered a four foot black grant upright stone they tried to talk me into gray. No black is what I ordered and wanted and black is what it will be even if I have to wait.
I almost lost it all and went into orbit over this. Son happened to caught me before I went off like a small time bomb on them because this is for honey and it was what he wanted guess that why I almost lost the cork out of my bottle.

How is stumpy doing. Waited for some news of him. I thought he had appointment on Monday with the vet. Keep in the loop about him please. God bless loveya lil whispers.

Location hidden

#8174 Jan 29, 2014
Missing some folks this morning where are you.
Keep warm and safe.

Location hidden

#8175 Jan 29, 2014

My hang up is my critters
They do know how to love.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#8176 Jan 30, 2014
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Epi;
I got a tease of a dusting of snow out here yesterday morning and it was all gone by noon.
I think Feb is going to be the month that makes us all run for the caves. Tempt out here are
like a bobber in water up and down.
Well if we were close to each other and not half way across the world I could give you rabbit casing for your garden area. But from the pictures you sent me your part of the world grows like a garden anyway.
Had a four o'clock appointment yesterday with the headstone people and as that went my order will not be filled now until May. Just another stepping stone on the back burner for a while a bit disappointed but that my luck anyhow. Son and I drove seventy miles just to be told May. I had ordered a four foot black grant upright stone they tried to talk me into gray. No black is what I ordered and wanted and black is what it will be even if I have to wait.
I almost lost it all and went into orbit over this. Son happened to caught me before I went off like a small time bomb on them because this is for honey and it was what he wanted guess that why I almost lost the cork out of my bottle.
How is stumpy doing. Waited for some news of him. I thought he had appointment on Monday with the vet. Keep in the loop about him please. God bless loveya lil whispers.
I understand....It is what your Honey wanted....So it shall be....(Don't blame ya)

Cause the weather was getting bad we canceled the appointment...because he did better...But he is spooked to go outside now....We have to go out with him....Whenever my hubby says "You wanna go out" he runs the other way and hides...The other day he did that in the kitchen and I put my hands on him to turn him around....And he peed on the floor a little.....Poor Stumpy...Don't know if he had a stroke or something...He acts OK besides that....

School has been cancelled three days now (still alot of ice)...I'm sure the kids like it.....My friend from here posted this on his Face book today....

"I think I figured it out; the North only won the Civil War because the South got half an inch of snow and they completely lost their minds"

LOL.....Have a great day Friends

Love ya

Location hidden

#8177 Jan 30, 2014
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Cap;
I have supplies and equiptment for three ways to process canning, freezing and drying.
I have the framing and windows and two doors stored in a shed for a greenhouse. What
I do not have is the heat source yet. I will note in my note book the 11-15 degrees S-SE
Winter sun information. Tis really no hurry as do not expect to get it built this summer but
possible the summer after that. This coming summer will be filled full with fixing the ole
rock hut for better comforts. So should you come across information of value please send it
my way. God bless loveya lil whispers.
You got it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min kent 665,613
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 10 min Aura Mytha 88,533
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 19 min bad bob 184,817
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 25 min Peace_Warrior 619,151
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 29 min RiccardoFire 45,872
Why do we live life when we have to die anyway? (Jul '13) 32 min UnderstandPeople 283
donald trump will not fulfill all campaign prom... 48 min Johnny 61
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 284,728
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 1 hr truth 708
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 hr Unruh 977,504
More from around the web