Friends who want to share daily livin...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#7472 Jan 2, 2014
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Cap;
I have a video of Epi lil one whizz on the apples in a apple orchard. LOL
I played it until it is about wore out too.LOL He a cute card too.(loveable).
What is weather doing your way you got any new snow yet.
Just cold here was 16 this morning when my feet hit the floor running.
God bless loveya lil whispers.
hahahah! I can just picture it! LOL!
It is snowing pretty good here right now...and cold too. Might have to cancel tomorrow's appointments...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#7473 Jan 2, 2014
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
How am I going to keep the inside of my pipes clean out????
Use bleach sparingly to clean your fixtures and stuff, but don't pour it in there. Try to keep grease and hair out of your drains...they are the biggest cause of blockage. If you use "brewer's yeast" it is more active than "baker's yeast"...and make sure the water temperature is not over 90 degrees when you add any yeast, as that will kill the yeast. If you mix the yeast in some old beer or liquid(cider) mash and pour it in, it is best(remember-no boiling water). There are some commercial packs you can use, but I found that they are way overpriced, and not really worth the cost.
So, you see us old brewers have the best of both worlds! LOL! You get to make some good booze...and keep your septic tuned up with the awfuls at the same time!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#7474 Jan 2, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahah! I can just picture it! LOL!
It is snowing pretty good here right now...and cold too. Might have to cancel tomorrow's appointments...
Hi Cap;
Tis better to cancel than hit the icy roads for possible accident and reschedule another
appointment. When heavy winds and snows hit here no one goes anywhere they told to
stay in where it is warm and hermit down that what I call it. A few more weeks and winter
will be gone.God bless loveya lil whispers

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#7475 Jan 2, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Use bleach sparingly to clean your fixtures and stuff, but don't pour it in there. Try to keep grease and hair out of your drains...they are the biggest cause of blockage. If you use "brewer's yeast" it is more active than "baker's yeast"...and make sure the water temperature is not over 90 degrees when you add any yeast, as that will kill the yeast. If you mix the yeast in some old beer or liquid(cider) mash and pour it in, it is best(remember-no boiling water). There are some commercial packs you can use, but I found that they are way overpriced, and not really worth the cost.
So, you see us old brewers have the best of both worlds! LOL! You get to make some good booze...and keep your septic tuned up with the awfuls at the same time!
Hi Cap;
I never put grease down a pipe I put it in a can and use a screen to catch the hair. It is tree root that grow into the main lines to septic tank and I do try to keep the pipes cleaned out.
This sounds like I got to keep the septic tank drunk to get it to work right. Humm one problem I do not know how to brew always left that to others.lol They would thrown a fit if I ask for some for the septic tank. Trouble would have been the brew of the day LOL

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#7476 Jan 2, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Use bleach sparingly to clean your fixtures and stuff, but don't pour it in there. Try to keep grease and hair out of your drains...they are the biggest cause of blockage. If you use "brewer's yeast" it is more active than "baker's yeast"...and make sure the water temperature is not over 90 degrees when you add any yeast, as that will kill the yeast. If you mix the yeast in some old beer or liquid(cider) mash and pour it in, it is best(remember-no boiling water). There are some commercial packs you can use, but I found that they are way overpriced, and not really worth the cost.
So, you see us old brewers have the best of both worlds! LOL! You get to make some good booze...and keep your septic tuned up with the awfuls at the same time!
We use Rid-X every month.....So far....So good

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#7477 Jan 2, 2014
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Cap;
I never put grease down a pipe I put it in a can and use a screen to catch the hair. It is tree root that grow into the main lines to septic tank and I do try to keep the pipes cleaned out.
This sounds like I got to keep the septic tank drunk to get it to work right. Humm one problem I do not know how to brew always left that to others.lol They would thrown a fit if I ask for some for the septic tank. Trouble would have been the brew of the day LOL
Aaahahah!
Here's the skinney! Yeast and sugar(grain)(what it eats) creates alcohol and CO2. when the alcohol it creates reaches 20% or better, it then kills the yeast and the action stops. With that in mind, it would be wise to add yeast to your septic regularly. That keeps the bacteria that decomposes solids alive and working. Tree roots are always a problem. They have to be cut away(router) or dissolved with strong acid and/or solvent...which then kills the bacteria...and the whole system has to be neutralized and reactivated again or it just lays there and fills up. The solids can even move out into the leach pipes and plug the entire system to a useless state. What the bacteria does is keep the waste reduced to a fluid so it can be leached away from the tank and filtered by the earth to a harmless state.
Now you know all about poop!---Oh--everyone who has a working septic system is in violation of the law forbidding the production of alcohol by unlicensed individuals. ;)

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#7478 Jan 2, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
We use Rid-X every month.....So far....So good
Ya. That seems to be the easiest available activator for most folks. It's just a dry combination of yeast and enzymes to be honest. Sort of what we call "turbo boost" for brewing. I don't think I would use it for any "consumable" brew, but it wouldn't surprise me if some "bathtub" varmint hasn't done it.
You know...thinking about all this stuff...I'd like to throw some other advice out there for the new year, because I care about you folks...
Please don't drink tap water if you are on any city treated system. It has very toxic chemicals added to it. The worst being chlorine(bleach) and fluoride. Use only distilled water for drinking and cooking...or at least a reverse osmosis filtering system...or both.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#7479 Jan 2, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Aaahahah!
Here's the skinney! Yeast and sugar(grain)(what it eats) creates alcohol and CO2. when the alcohol it creates reaches 20% or better, it then kills the yeast and the action stops. With that in mind, it would be wise to add yeast to your septic regularly. That keeps the bacteria that decomposes solids alive and working. Tree roots are always a problem. They have to be cut away(router) or dissolved with strong acid and/or solvent...which then kills the bacteria...and the whole system has to be neutralized and reactivated again or it just lays there and fills up. The solids can even move out into the leach pipes and plug the entire system to a useless state. What the bacteria does is keep the waste reduced to a fluid so it can be leached away from the tank and filtered by the earth to a harmless state.
Now you know all about poop!---Oh--everyone who has a working septic system is in violation of the law forbidding the production of alcohol by unlicensed individuals. ;)
Here we go again Cap this is getting a bit deep too. lol. Where is my boots. lol Now I was doin fine with the mixture and even the tree roots. Hey I do fine with pooper scooper thing too but whoooo you mean I got to have a license to have a royal clean flush. LoL. Who the sam h*ll dreamed up that rule any how. LOL Humm well all I got to say is those space ship boys better have a license too cause what go up comes down ya know.LOL.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#7480 Jan 2, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
We use Rid-X every month.....So far....So good
SAY WHAT are you giving the royal flush a exlax huh!!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#7481 Jan 2, 2014
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again Cap this is getting a bit deep too. lol. Where is my boots. lol Now I was doin fine with the mixture and even the tree roots. Hey I do fine with pooper scooper thing too but whoooo you mean I got to have a license to have a royal clean flush. LoL. Who the sam h*ll dreamed up that rule any how. LOL Humm well all I got to say is those space ship boys better have a license too cause what go up comes down ya know.LOL.
LOL!
I just thought I'd throw that in there..cuz technically it's true.
Ya! I think the govt. should make a law about them dropping that giant frozen block of poop out of the sky like that...Especially the aliens...who knows what is in THAT one!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#7482 Jan 2, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
I just thought I'd throw that in there..cuz technically it's true.
Ya! I think the govt. should make a law about them dropping that giant frozen block of poop out of the sky like that...Especially the aliens...who knows what is in THAT one!
I agree with you. Good common sense is stored in a container when the money comes rollin in for programs. How ever when you go to the back yard and find one of those blocks you know sure was no Big Momma elephant just rollin thru.lol especially when they as big a the hut you I in. LOL That when you do the advertise and charge for viewing a odd find and become a millionaire. LOL. Hey some folks have made some good pocket change off of
poop scoopin.LOL

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#7483 Jan 2, 2014
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you. Good common sense is stored in a container when the money comes rollin in for programs. How ever when you go to the back yard and find one of those blocks you know sure was no Big Momma elephant just rollin thru.lol especially when they as big a the hut you I in. LOL That when you do the advertise and charge for viewing a odd find and become a millionaire. LOL. Hey some folks have made some good pocket change off of
poop scoopin.LOL
It appears(from the incessant icons) you have a stalker that would prefer you don't exercise your inalienable right to freedom of speech sis. Perhaps they have some psychosis that needs addressed...just a thought.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#7484 Jan 2, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You should never put bleach in your septic. That kills the bacteria that breaks down the solid waste. The yeast is a kickstarter for that bacteria and is good.
Good tip ,Cap'n ;)

Yeah, the trick is to keep the bacteria working. I have a "sand mound" and tank, only had it pumped once in 11 yrs.

One thing they used in the "old days" to keep the drains clear was lye, which is really what many drain cleaners contain today. But it does break down organics too, so bacteria suffer.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#7485 Jan 2, 2014
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Good tip ,Cap'n ;)
Yeah, the trick is to keep the bacteria working. I have a "sand mound" and tank, only had it pumped once in 11 yrs.
One thing they used in the "old days" to keep the drains clear was lye, which is really what many drain cleaners contain today. But it does break down organics too, so bacteria suffer.
Yeah. An old remedy for blockage. You have done well then...
So here is another that might be fitting for the new year---
May your drains never back up upon your feet again! LOL!

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#7486 Jan 2, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya. That seems to be the easiest available activator for most folks. It's just a dry combination of yeast and enzymes to be honest. Sort of what we call "turbo boost" for brewing. I don't think I would use it for any "consumable" brew, but it wouldn't surprise me if some "bathtub" varmint hasn't done it.
You know...thinking about all this stuff...I'd like to throw some other advice out there for the new year, because I care about you folks...
Please don't drink tap water if you are on any city treated system. It has very toxic chemicals added to it. The worst being chlorine(bleach) and fluoride. Use only distilled water for drinking and cooking...or at least a reverse osmosis filtering system...or both.
How do you know so much about septic systems?......LOL....You are the Septic Whisperer....

My son and family live in Akron Ohio and the city water has Chlorine and Flouride in it......I drank it growing up also....But the last 20 some years we have had our own well.....I drink bottled water.....

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#7487 Jan 2, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know so much about septic systems?......LOL....You are the Septic Whisperer....
My son and family live in Akron Ohio and the city water has Chlorine and Flouride in it......I drank it growing up also....But the last 20 some years we have had our own well.....I drink bottled water.....
Country living Epi!
LOL! Septic Whisperer- >Snort<
Good!..now look and make sure it doesn't come from China or thereabouts. Try to use only distilled water if you can.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#7488 Jan 2, 2014
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Good tip ,Cap'n ;)
Yeah, the trick is to keep the bacteria working. I have a "sand mound" and tank, only had it pumped once in 11 yrs.
One thing they used in the "old days" to keep the drains clear was lye, which is really what many drain cleaners contain today. But it does break down organics too, so bacteria suffer.
Evening Senecus;

Tis only one party in my area who pumps the septic tanks. He is a high dollar man too. LoL
Charges any where from seven hundred to one thousand dollars to pump out the tank.
I tell ya there gold in that throw away stuff.

Thank you for the card as it arrived today in my roll along mail box. Thanks again for the beautiful thoughts.God bless loveya lil whispers.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#7489 Jan 2, 2014
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Evening Senecus;
Tis only one party in my area who pumps the septic tanks. He is a high dollar man too. LoL
Charges any where from seven hundred to one thousand dollars to pump out the tank.
I tell ya there gold in that throw away stuff.
Thank you for the card as it arrived today in my roll along mail box. Thanks again for the beautiful thoughts.God bless loveya lil whispers.
{{{{{{A THOUSAND DOLLARS!}}}}}{{{{GASP}}}}
S- Fer a thousand dollars, I'll come out and bail it out with a 5 gallon bucket!-HOOT!!
When I was up on top of the mountain in the log cabin(with no leach field-just a tank) I had 'em come up a couple times and pimp(I mean pump)'er out--and it was 75-100 bucks! If they told me 1000 dollars, I'd be a find'n a new use for dyneymite!--course, I be point'n the blast at a least liked neighbor too---two birds with one stone type deal y'know?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#7490 Jan 2, 2014
I'm sorry folks...I don't mean any harm here...I'm just try'n ta start the new year on a fun note with some good friends...and still hold a bit of serious respite in the middle as well.
I really love you folks!...and if there is anything I can do to lighten your burden(and I can actually pull it off) I most certainly will do my best...just so you know! I am as serious as 8 heart attacks too!
I learned it from you folks---so don't blame me!
Now---does I got a way with the truth or what!?

:)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#7491 Jan 2, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
{{{{{{A THOUSAND DOLLARS!}}}}}{{{{GASP}}}}
S- Fer a thousand dollars, I'll come out and bail it out with a 5 gallon bucket!-HOOT!!
When I was up on top of the mountain in the log cabin(with no leach field-just a tank) I had 'em come up a couple times and pimp(I mean pump)'er out--and it was 75-100 bucks! If they told me 1000 dollars, I'd be a find'n a new use for dyneymite!--course, I be point'n the blast at a least liked neighbor too---two birds with one stone type deal y'know?
I love your humor LOL but it tis truth this man charges theses fees to pump the tanks and dumps his tank for twenty dollars a load in to city tanks plus he got the portable toilet he sets for companies sites at fifty five dollars each per week but no charge for weekend service.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 18 min Quirky 45,665
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 2 hr cwi530 382
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr kent 691,845
Mista Shrink Doo Doo Bwain! 3 hr Doctor REALITY 2
mamba......... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 3
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Gabriel 990,671
Is it fine watching porn with family members?? (Dec '09) 9 hr Doctor REALITY 8
More from around the web