Friends who want to share daily livin...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#6835 Nov 18, 2013
Cheriann wrote:
<quoted text>
And now do you smoke or are you in the non smoking stage?
xxx
Cherianne
Ya. I do. I enjoy it. LOL!

Location hidden

#6836 Nov 18, 2013
Cheriann wrote:
<quoted text>
Cap'n Mam does not sleep that well but she may now that it is getting really cold on the edge of beyond.
You go and sleep Cap'n you need to build your strength and heal. That is the important thing
I miss every one all the time being down here on the Southern most tip of Africa.
Sweet dreams Cap'n speak later.
Love
Cherianne
xxxx
Later sis...
Love ya!

“THIS TOPIX ACCOUNT IS CLOSED”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#6837 Nov 18, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Later sis...
Love ya!
That is my problem as well I enjoy smoking. Oh well here goes. Love you xxxx Cherianne

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#6838 Nov 19, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Epi !
I know you asked Cap'n, I'd just like to add a little to this discussion :)
Actually,speaking in tongues was (Is ?) talking in a language of the day(existing) that one didn't learn. Here, from Acts 2:1-8:
"When the day of Pentecost arrived, they were all together in one place. And suddenly there came from heaven a sound like a mighty rushing wind, and it filled the entire house where they were sitting. And divided tongues as of fire appeared to them and rested on each one of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit gave them utterance.
Now there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men from every nation under heaven. And at this sound the multitude came together, and they were bewildered,
>>>because each one was hearing them speak in his own language.<<<
**** And they were amazed and astonished, saying,¬ďAre not all these who are speaking Galileans? And how is it that we hear, each of us in his own native language?****
It is one of a number of "Spiritual Gifts" recorded in the Bible. Today ,as I'm sure you know but for those who don't, there is a division in Christendom as to whether this(tongues) and other gifts are extant ,or extinct - and ending with the deaths of the original Apostles and associates(includes Paul) of the 1st Century.
There are numerous denominations today (most notably those in Pentecostal circles) which believe the gifts have been restored , many sighting a large 'revival' in LA ,Calif. at the beginning of the 20th century - the "Azusa Street Revival" as a "restorative" moment.
I personally started my walk in a Pentecostal church, at the latter end of the "Jesus Movement". After some time of study and experiencing in churches an assortment of "gifts" "bestowed" on others, I conclude there is much excess in this regard, and many just "caught up in the moment". I DO believe gifts are extant though,never really fading, but they are the exception - not the norm. God, by virtue of being who He is, can do anything, and miracles such as "Spiritual Gifts" can take place, but are not normative. For if such, than they'd no longer be miracles.
Sorry if I'm long here,just topic of interest and like to discuss ...
Off to 'woik'- a Great Day to All...
Hey Jack....Jump in wherever you want....

I knew some of that background.....Those verses from Acts actually means alot to me...because I dreamnt about it before I even read the Bible....So it was a comfirmation from God for me....It was a real EPIPHANY to me....:-)

My Maternal Grandparents were Pentecostal....And as a young girl being brought up in a "Disciples of Christ" atmosphere and going to a pentacostal one was completely different....LOL

Have a great day Friend....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#6839 Nov 19, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it sis!
So...I looked her over. It's a lot better than I expected! I'll have her brandy new and fresh painted & art by the first warm day of 2014. You just watch! I gotta get my arm work'n again now. Hard ta shift with no left hand.
Hey! If it wasn't for you folks, I wouldn't be in very good shape, but I'm way ahead of that reaper now!
You pick on me all you want to sis!
I love you guys!
You must be talkin about your Gold Wing.....Fixing it up sounds like a great "Winter" Project....

We love ya too Cap'n

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#6840 Nov 19, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
I know , the sensibilities of some become extremely affected when some cherished "sacred cows" are questioned, but I'd hope my intent to look at a 'fuller' picture is not considered an offence.
This would include also those in the "charismatic circles" , generally "pentecostalized" off shoots of mainline churches, heck, there's even "Catholic Charismatics" (who some derogatorily refer to as "charis-maniacs").
Yeah, "Angelic languages" some would say, here, you've heard "Dueling Banjos" - well here's "Dueling Tongues"(grainy vid):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =EqfYp8zoy5IXX
Ludicrous...
And yes, in some cases what goes on with this is not much different than an Eastern shaman trying to conjure up a spirit - right down to repetitive chants, twitching/shaking, rolling/thrashing about the floor, and bellowing animal sounds or "Holy Laughter". The power of suggestion is high, sleight of mind.
Yea....It reminds me of the "Snake" Prechers that dance with Rattlenakes and other snakes around their necks.....It happens more in those backwoods churches....If the snake bites you then you were a sinner.....

M'Kay

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#6841 Nov 19, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya. I do. I enjoy it. LOL!
I am so glad I didn't pick up smoking...My hubby did and quit about 11 years ago...He had smoked for 35 years at least...He just did it COLD Turkey....

Man...is cigaretts expensive now......

Have a great day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#6842 Nov 19, 2013
LW and Cherianne....

Yesterday was very WARm here....I think it broke a record....80 and humid....That is rare for November...I can't believe how easy (fast) humidity pops up so fast down here....When I lived in Ohio...it was pretty rare (only happened a little in the Summer)

Mojoe and his buddy were running around the front yard a little time ago.....

Hope today is a good one for ya'll...

Love ya

Location hidden

#6843 Nov 19, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
LW and Cherianne....
Yesterday was very WARm here....I think it broke a record....80 and humid....That is rare for November...I can't believe how easy (fast) humidity pops up so fast down here....When I lived in Ohio...it was pretty rare (only happened a little in the Summer)
Love ya
Hey Epi

We do not humidity in Johannesburg but on the North Coast of Natal, Kwa-Zulu Natal, especially Richards Bay you can faint from the humidity. Glad to hear that Mojoe and his mate are getting along so well.

Love
Cherianne
xxxx

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#6844 Nov 19, 2013
Cheriann wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Mam
I think you daughter and son will only settle once they know that you are going to be okay with this all. They worry for you Mam . You are their Mum and they love you. Once they see you living on the edge of beyond and enjoying your life and doing all your projects they will move forward with their lives. I am only now starting to move forward. I had too much stuff to sort out in my head. Now that I gotten the whole picture and what went down, I am okay with it. So they will too. I lived for 4.5 years wanting to say "I was sorry" and I could not. These things pass and they will pass for your children as well.
Have a grand day Mum and I send this over the ocean with love to you and yours.
Love
Cherianne
xxxx
Morning Cheriann;

Both of my patent passed 29 day apart of each other and also before that my baby sister at age 16. Now honey. My kids already
know where and how I draw my strength and just how tough I can be.
They also know all about my prayers and mediation. We are a family that never takes anything for grant and always has the time for one another. It is always best to stop and smell the roses along the roadside of the walk of life, one must grab and enjoy the good things that only come along once in a lifetime and be able to recognize it when it comes. I think for us our life's have been woven together in a fine mat of love, happiness, and peace. When a ring of a clan or family is broken then there comes a time for healing and understanding, compassion, and above all love. The kids are healing and doing that healing around there Momma feet. To be honest I would not have it any other way and in time they will once again take those small wings and fly free from the hurt and mode there life styles just as God has planned for them. It is what honey and I would want as they are living images of our love and both of us. Have a good day. God bless loveya mam whispers.

Location hidden

#6845 Nov 19, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Cheriann;
Both of my patent passed 29 day apart of each other and also before that my baby sister at age 16. Now honey. My kids already
know where and how I draw my strength and just how tough I can be.
They also know all about my prayers and mediation. We are a family that never takes anything for grant and always has the time for one another. It is always best to stop and smell the roses along the roadside of the walk of life, one must grab and enjoy the good things that only come along once in a lifetime and be able to recognize it when it comes. I think for us our life's have been woven together in a fine mat of love, happiness, and peace. When a ring of a clan or family is broken then there comes a time for healing and understanding, compassion, and above all love. The kids are healing and doing that healing around there Momma feet. To be honest I would not have it any other way and in time they will once again take those small wings and fly free from the hurt and mode there life styles just as God has planned for them. It is what honey and I would want as they are living images of our love and both of us. Have a good day. God bless loveya mam whispers.
Hi Mam

This is such a beautiful post of yours. You said everything right.

Have a wonderful day Mam. Love you lots
Cherianne
xxxx

Location hidden

#6846 Nov 19, 2013
Hey Mam

I am leaving the office now to go to the Chemist for my meds and see the doctor. I will speak to you and everyone else tomorrow.

Have a really wonderful day all of you.

Love you lots
Cherianne
xxxx

Location hidden

#6847 Nov 19, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
I suppose Lil Whispers has gone of ta the covers huh? I will be shortly too.
I missed you guys some tonight because I was "scouting" the internet for parts.
Morning Cap;

Not yet daylight around this joint. Humm interesting now your shopping in the middle of the night. I see that Goldwing ghost
got your blood to warming and the brain is in first gear. Just
what kind of parts you lookin for and just how many is it going
to take to get that ghost to humming once again. Nope not under
the covers was building me a Hanna sandwich with glass of milk.
Then set forth to figure out how to put a some huge speakers (you know the Dj type) on my music system. Let me tell it worked out sweet too got it all done.
Have a good day God bless loveya lil whispers.

Location hidden

#6848 Nov 19, 2013
Cheriann wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Mam
This is such a beautiful post of yours. You said everything right.
Have a wonderful day Mam. Love you lots
Cherianne
xxxx
No Cheriann I was wearing my feeling out there on my cuff of my blouse. Just wanted to share abit. loveya mam whispers.

Location hidden

#6849 Nov 19, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
LW and Cherianne....
Love ya
Morning Epi;

I wrote you along post and something was lurking in the shadows and come along and nibbled what I wrote up. I have a hard time with this modern tech ya know. It may show up.

I have errands to run today got some things that need to hit the mail system. Need to gas my car up for the rest of this month and who knows I might get a wild hair while I am out messing around and hit the Junk shops.

Tis nice here dry but the winds makes it cold especially at night.
No problem I just hunker down and wait it out. I prep early this year and sure glad now that I did.
Have a good day. God bless loveya lil whispers.

Location hidden

#6850 Nov 19, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea....It reminds me of the "Snake" Prechers that dance with Rattlenakes and other snakes around their necks.....It happens more in those backwoods churches....If the snake bites you then you were a sinner.....
M'Kay
You know I having a very hard time wrapping this type of activity around my brain. Another poster Hickup once mentioned this and when I ask about it he disappeared with no reply. There is more than one kind of snake now why a rattler as they are deadly to start with. I ask once more do people in those back woods church take there children around theses deadly rattlers.
Keep in mind I never attended such a function as this too.

Location hidden

#6851 Nov 19, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be talkin about your Gold Wing.....Fixing it up sounds like a great "Winter" Project....
We love ya too Cap'n
Yeah Epi. It will be.

Location hidden

#6852 Nov 19, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so glad I didn't pick up smoking...My hubby did and quit about 11 years ago...He had smoked for 35 years at least...He just did it COLD Turkey....
Man...is cigaretts expensive now......
Have a great day
If I should decide to stop, that would probably be the reason.
I don't get the jeebies like most people do. If I don't feel like it for days, I just don't.

Location hidden

#6853 Nov 19, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Cap;
Not yet daylight around this joint. Humm interesting now your shopping in the middle of the night. I see that Goldwing ghost
got your blood to warming and the brain is in first gear. Just
what kind of parts you lookin for and just how many is it going
to take to get that ghost to humming once again. Nope not under
the covers was building me a Hanna sandwich with glass of milk.
Then set forth to figure out how to put a some huge speakers (you know the Dj type) on my music system. Let me tell it worked out sweet too got it all done.
Have a good day God bless loveya lil whispers.
Tahl about gett'n into the sound! LOL!
It was nice reading about your clan sis. Seems the western world is losing that anymore...suffering of broken spirit.
The ghost needs some new plastics and grills in the front. They just exploded into pieces...new radiator, valve cover, and maybe a new camshaft and gears and covers...and new crash bars, and a headlight.
The rest seems to be intact and fine. With a little luck she might be restored to new with about $1000 or so in parts. Not bad at all really. The bill for "me" will be at least 50 times that. Crazy huh?

Location hidden

#6854 Nov 19, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Epi;
I wrote you along post and something was lurking in the shadows and come along and nibbled what I wrote up. I have a hard time with this modern tech ya know. It may show up.
I have errands to run today got some things that need to hit the mail system. Need to gas my car up for the rest of this month and who knows I might get a wild hair while I am out messing around and hit the Junk shops.
Tis nice here dry but the winds makes it cold especially at night.
No problem I just hunker down and wait it out. I prep early this year and sure glad now that I did.
Have a good day. God bless loveya lil whispers.
When you reply, write the reply...hold the left mouse button and highlite all the lines you wrote...hit right mouse button and click "copy". That will save your work.
Go ahead and put the numbers in and post the comment. Now...if it didn't work, you can go back to the original post you replied to and do it again by just hitting the right mouse and clicking the "paste" button, and wallah there it all is, just as you typed it before.
There seems to be a "time" limit in the dialog box that doesn't allow you to post after a certain amount of time, and long posts are often beyond that limit. A little practice with it and you will save yourself a lot of grief.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min COOTERDOG 64,297
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 min Truth Teller 106,580
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min crucifiedguy 281,925
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 40 min Steve III 497
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 51 min Steve III 45,259
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 54 min bad bob 183,189
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Steve III 654,272
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 973,912
More from around the web