If you were a male victim of domestic...

If you were a male victim of domestic violence, would you report your wife?

Created by Hope4Dads on Jul 31, 2012

13 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Maybe

Hope4Dads

Houston, TX

#1 Jul 31, 2012
Please show your support for single dads who are victims of domestic vioence and homelessness. Every donation helps!
http://www.hopefordads.org
Annie Muk

Sweden

#2 Jul 31, 2012
I lived with a French woman about 15 years ago. She was abusive both mentally and phsyically. The third time she bit me till she drew blood. I just looked at her the whole time she did it and I took the pain - then I packed my bags into my car and without saying a word to her I drove back to Sweden and never looked back or contacted her to this day.

But no, I didn't report her. I consider it a good lesson: the next time I'm that "hard up" I'll take a cold shower instead of taking the first woman who comes along.
Annie Muk

Sweden

#3 Jul 31, 2012
By the way, here in Sweden we have several "shelter houses" for abused women and they can turn up any time of the day or night.

We "had" one for men but you needed to book a time in advance to make an application. As far as I know there no longer exists anything for men at all.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#4 Aug 1, 2012
A very misunderstood subject, usual to be a joke only. My b/f was married to a woman who physically abused him and he tells me he never once could defend himself as he was brought up to never disrespect a woman. The physical abuse heals, even if the mental trauma/stigma remains. Not something most men can talk of as there are double standards which is not good.
Rosa Winkel

Sydney, Australia

#5 Aug 1, 2012
I know it does happen, I've seen it.

Knew a couple a few years ago, she used to go off and hit him. At other times she would smash his stuff. He was too much of a gentleman to hit back, as he no doubt could have.

Even when he locked her out of the apartment, she used to go to his flatmate to get back in.
Looney

New York, NY

#6 Aug 1, 2012
most men who gt beat by their women probably deserve it.

The rest probably like it

Location hidden

#7 Aug 1, 2012
Looney wrote:
most men who gt beat by their women probably deserve it.
The rest probably like it
Clueless troll. Lucky you that you or someone close to you have not had to deal with this situation.
Marc

Richmond Hill, Canada

#8 Aug 1, 2012
Most of the time when women go physical with their partner, the men will just dominate after the first body contact.

Except when she's armed with a bazooka, obviously.
Annie Muk

Sweden

#9 Aug 1, 2012
A few months ago I was going the doctor's office. Just outside the door (as I was entering) there was a couple who were argueing. He held the lead to a German Shepard and she was holding her bicycle. He wanted to go into the near-by shopping centre but she wanted to go home. He said that they could do both, but she insisted that he go home with her immediately. He refused. She started screeming, picked up here bicycle and toss it upon him. He lost hold of the lead and the dog ran off. Now he's trying to fetch the dog back with her running after him trying to do even more damage. I went inside to see the doc.

At the information desk was a young guy who asked for my ID card. I presented my card and told him of the trouble just outside the door. I explained that there was a row between a man and a woman, to which this young guy asked me if it was the man or the woman who was doing the hitting. I said, "the woman". "That's good", says he. "Why", I asked. "Because men can hit harder than women can", was his reply!

For those of you who don't already know it, you've just been introduced to the civil Swedish mentality when it comes to issues of "men & women".
Prince Helmut Pipke

Baltimore, MD

#10 Aug 14, 2012
Annie Muk wrote:
A few months ago I was going the doctor's office. Just outside the door (as I was entering) there was a couple who were argueing. He held the lead to a German Shepard and she was holding her bicycle. He wanted to go into the near-by shopping centre but she wanted to go home. He said that they could do both, but she insisted that he go home with her immediately. He refused. She started screeming, picked up here bicycle and toss it upon him. He lost hold of the lead and the dog ran off. Now he's trying to fetch the dog back with her running after him trying to do even more damage. I went inside to see the doc.
At the information desk was a young guy who asked for my ID card. I presented my card and told him of the trouble just outside the door. I explained that there was a row between a man and a woman, to which this young guy asked me if it was the man or the woman who was doing the hitting. I said, "the woman". "That's good", says he. "Why", I asked. "Because men can hit harder than women can", was his reply!
For those of you who don't already know it, you've just been introduced to the civil Swedish mentality when it comes to issues of "men & women".
are you gay
only I am wonder,if you made from your a... female part,
or your second male prostitute.

your mentality is polack refuge menatality,refuge on the ship Ystad from Swine muende-Stettin
and you have no idea swidish menatality,because you are also GAY
Looney

New York, NY

#11 Aug 14, 2012
I think the OP is gay, because no real man would even bring this stupid subject up.

If you are getting beaten by your woman then you are obviously not doing your job properly in the bedroom.

Wusssey metrosexuals crying about getting smacked by women! what is the world coming to?!?

Location hidden

#12 Aug 17, 2012
Looney wrote:
I think the OP is gay, because no real man would even bring this stupid subject up.
If you are getting beaten by your woman then you are obviously not doing your job properly in the bedroom.
Wusssey metrosexuals crying about getting smacked by women! what is the world coming to?!?
You are a looney.
A real man would hit the woman back, right?
Nah, dude, a real man respects women even if this means getting beaten as much as if another man was beating him. Women are not usually as strong as men but can very strong also. Men are reluctant to use force even in restraining as this can hurt the woman. Not only this there is also psychological aspects and attack. Not anything as simple as getting hit by a girl as a one-time incident!
Lucky you if you or anyone close to you never experiences the complexities of this type of abuse.
Patricia Senecal

Caruthersville, MO

#13 Aug 19, 2012
Hope4Dads wrote:
Please show your support for single dads who are victims of domestic vioence and homelessness. Every donation helps!
http://www.hopefordads.org
What a shame - the majority would not report this. My 90 year old stepfather, my wife's nineth husband is one of them. I can't do anything to help. Abusers are believed more. Disgusting!
Patricia Senecal

Caruthersville, MO

#14 Aug 19, 2012
Oops, my mother's nineth husband. Pity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 min NotSoDivineMsM 80,117
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Chuck 701,569
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 29 min Sammy 995,782
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 37 min Big Al 448,401
I'm ON BOARD: James Harden for NBA MVP 1 hr Doctor REALITY 2
Why does Draymond Green act like such a BLEEP! ... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 10
Judas Iscariot and Mark Fuhrman 1 hr Doctor REALITY 44