738 votes

Click on an option to vote

yes

no

Unknown Name

Alfred, ME

#84 Jan 30, 2012
Kattyy wrote:
<quoted text> HALLELUJAH TO THAT :D HAHAHA seriously, a small peck on the lips has me and my boyfriend in In-School Suspension FOR THREE DAYS!?. I'd understand if it was a full on Make Out Session in front of adults but that Wasn't the Case, why can't they just Slap our wrists and lecture about herpes being passed in the mouth or something(even though i wouldn't care at least I'd know the risk). Its Not A Such A Big Deal
This is really off topic but the day you wrote this was m birthday;)

“Winchester Model 1894”

Since: Apr 07

Roy, Washington

#85 Jan 30, 2012
Unknown Name wrote:
I think Hugging, kissing, linking arms, holding hands, in schools is fine. Its not like its hurting anyone. So PDA in schools should be allowed I think;)
But i would say if someone is slapping a girls butt and there not together then he shouldn't be doing that, It could cause problems with her Present boyfriend if she has one.
Please comment or judge me: Please
I disagree, school is about teaching more than the 3Rs, it's also about teaching (hopefuly) socialy acceptable behaviour. I don't care how enamoured a young couple is, if they can't go for a few hours without a PDA then the relationship is in serious trouble.
sdgkjsdaklfhsdf

Lewiston, UT

#87 Feb 16, 2012
you guys are so lame i think pda should be allowed becuase girls know when its too far and who cares what girls and boys do as long as your grades are up it shouldnt matter
Unknown Name

Alfred, ME

#88 Feb 17, 2012
sdgkjsdaklfhsdf wrote:
you guys are so lame i think pda should be allowed becuase girls know when its too far and who cares what girls and boys do as long as your grades are up it shouldnt matter
I agree with you:)
PDA suxs

Commerce City, CO

#89 Feb 22, 2012
i agree but at the same time i dont lol :}
Destiny Morehouse

Commerce City, CO

#90 Feb 22, 2012
well i think that PDA is aloud because you get to shoe your emotions, its fun, and you get somewhere in your life!!!!!!!!!! it isnt that bad once you do it... i dint no why teachers get so mad about it but yeah i think it should be aloud.....:}

“Winchester Model 1894”

Roy, Washington

#91 Feb 22, 2012
Destiny Morehouse wrote:
well i think that PDA is aloud because you get to shoe your emotions, its fun, and you get somewhere in your life!!!!!!!!!! it isnt that bad once you do it... i dint no why teachers get so mad about it but yeah i think it should be aloud.....:}
Judging by your post I think education should be allowed in your school.
Cookie

Brooklyn, NY

#92 Mar 29, 2012
Look i have nothing against pda.sometimes it might b gross but some times its not....i love pda

“Purple girl in a purple world”

Since: Apr 08

Plum, Purplonia

#93 Apr 20, 2012
MPMARTIN wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree, school is about teaching more than the 3Rs, it's also about teaching (hopefuly) socialy acceptable behaviour. I don't care how enamoured a young couple is, if they can't go for a few hours without a PDA then the relationship is in serious trouble.
But there is nothing that isn't socially acceptable about that. I mean, people should be exposed to differences while young and to ignore what others do. The people doing whatever don't have a burden to stop, but those watching should have the burden of minding their own business and not getting bent out of shape. If something isn't done directly to you or doesn't threaten your health, life, or safety, then it is not your business. So schools should prepare for the real world by stomping out bullying, controlling behaviors, and nosiness.

The new school rules on limiting PDAs don't help anyone, but leave kids too emotionally scarred to express themselves through touch in the real world. They may be afraid of intimacy for a while after graduating. I don't see how developing phobias over touch and closeness are good things.

Schools, times, and students haven't changed that much over time. It is just that school districts keep pretending that more and more things are unacceptable or disruptive, trying to force students to conform to the sick things that teachers learned in their gated snob communities and stuck up White college environments. If schools don't rape their bodies (forcible rapes by male teachers/coaches), schools rape their emotions, morals, and minds. Education was better before the DOE began, and before all this social engineering crap. Schools were once community centered. Now there are too many mandates from on high which don't help the quality of the education nor the quality of the learning environment. Really, we should scrap the whole system, get the feds out of it, and keep corporate interest out of it too. Some of the worst school ideas don't come from the DOE, but the DOL. Department of Labor? Yes. Schools these days just seem part of the prison industrial complex.

“Winchester Model 1894”

Roy, Washington

#94 Apr 20, 2012
PURPLE GURL,

Sorry, but I don't agree, schools have changed.

When I went to school (class of '61), PDAs were not allowed, there was also a dress code, no gum chewing in class, etc, etc, and this was a public school. Later on I became a computer tech and would service the equipment in schools. I couldn't believe what I saw; necking in the hallway, chatting in class to the point where the teacher had to almost shout to be heard. After class I asked the teacher 'What the hell is this?' He just shrugged his shoulders and said 'What can I do?'

Child behaviour is the duty of the parent, not the teacher.
Person

Fort Irwin, CA

#95 May 14, 2012
Cody Roebuck wrote:
<quoted text> I think your kinda retarted because Making out defintly belongs in schools i do it all the time and your not going to stop me. If you have a problem with kissing or making out in school then close your effin eyes and dont do it. Also im a guy and if your a guy i think your a QUEER!!
we don't need to know what you do in school and you shouldn't be making out in school! School is for learning not sticking ur tough down someone's throat and I agree with PDA just not making out full out making out!
Nathaniel Sharp

Melbourne, Australia

#96 May 27, 2012
To be honest I do not believe that PDA is a bad thing. I don't think that the people taking part in it are being distracted from their school work. Most of the time I see it happen, it is a quick kiss, or hug. I do not see why this is inappropriate? Even when people are sitting next to each other in school, teachers think that it is too much?
For what reason is it too much?
Students do not complain about it. This leads me to believe teachers think that PDA is affecting the students 'education'. I find that hard to believe. I sit with my girlfriend, and show 'affection' and I am top of my class. If anything, it is improving my grades?
We sit together and talk like everyone else. The only difference is we are together.
Teachers should think about getting off their high horses, and respecting that just bescause teenagers are, apparently, full of hormones, that they plan on having sex anytime, anywhere.
I know that with PDA having sex is not the issue, but that is how teachers treat it. Every time.

I can honestly say that, the only teachers who enforce the rule are very crabby people. The kinds of people of which their neighbors hate them.

I have plenty more to say about the matter, but why bother?
Teachers will never learn anything?
They believe they know it all already.
Sammyyy

Wheeling, WV

#97 Oct 11, 2012
I, personally, believe that PDA should be allowed TO AN EXTENT. A simple hug or kiss on the cheek is not that big of a deal. Making out and touching each other durning school isn't appropriate by all means, but come on people.. It's a hug. It's not like they're having sex in public.
Ninita62

Columbia, MO

#98 Nov 15, 2012
i believe PDA is fine as long as it is only holding hands and hugging but suspending someone from school just for that is plain stupid. i mean kissing shouldn't be allowed but hugging really, if you can,t hug then whats the point of showing up to school. actually the only reason half the kids even go to school is for the friends and thier bf/gf
Ok so___

United States

#99 Nov 26, 2012
I think it should be allowed... Not making out or Anythkng. That is sick. A peck on the lips, cheek, holding hands, or hugging should be allowed. Where is the harm in that? If you really hate seeing people kiss and stuff just don't look! What is it coming to when we can't have contact with eachother? And if teachers can show students movies where people kiss why can't we kiss at our schools? I'm not talking about KISSING I'm talking about a half second peck on the lips. We are people... And we are Americans. It's a free country you know.
Hello world

United States

#100 Nov 26, 2012
Come on people. THEY ARE TEENAGERS!!!!!! It's all part of growing up. If they are at the age of Sex Ed PDA should be allowed. To a LIMIT though. A peck on the lips or something is fine. Not hurting anyone. I mean come on when you're little you give your parents a peck on the lips. They have been taught about this stuff so they know the risks. Jesus let them do teenager stuff while they are still teenagers!
Jennika

Boardman, OR

#101 Nov 28, 2012
Hugging isn't a crime! We should be able to show a little affection at school don't you think so? I mean sucking face no but a hug a kiss and holding hands really? Are you guys serious? Honestly it was allowed back then and high schoolers do it, so why not just allow it? It's not like a kiss between classes is Gunna make us forget everything we learn.......Give us a break we have to do so much and acomplish soooo much in so little time we should be able to give a hug, hold hands, and kiss a little. Sincerely, jennika an 8th grader!
Laceea

Saint Clair, MO

#103 Feb 26, 2013
I think PDA shold be alowed in school its fun and I love kissing lol
your mom

Saint Clair, MO

#104 Feb 26, 2013
i think that pda should be allowed, because so i can kiss my boyfried named ajay alsop
your mom

Saint Clair, MO

#105 Feb 27, 2013
the name of your mom is ronnie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 18 min Pegasus 272,886
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 min Rosa_Winkel 879,166
9/11&bin 34 min REV CAROL 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 48 min RoSesz 603,254
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr curtjester1 41,145
gay at ghaziabad (Jul '14) 2 hr Rohot 11
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 2 hr Ruby88 53,491
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 7 hr dollarsbill 8,061
The Christian Atheist debate 8 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 3,849
More from around the web