yes

no

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
skeleton christ

Byhalia, MS

#1 Mar 31, 2008
Should PDA(public displays of affection) be allow in schools?

My answer: yes, they should as long as they don't get too extreme.
nightwalker

Beaumont, TX

#3 Mar 31, 2008
MGPD 327 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who gets to decide what is too extreme? What about an ass grab? How about a tit squeeze? How about a peter pat? The teens would probably be best off avoiding PDA's, otherwise their lible to get some uptight, prim and proper adult who thinks it is too extreme to croch massage at school, and they could get into trouble.
Darn! Has school really change that much from my days? I remember boys and girls standing at their girlfriends or boyfriends lock holding hands or hugging one another way back when I was in school but none of the above mention. Maybe we were raised a little more maturer or with more morals. Or maybe we just had more sense back then to know there a place for everything and those behavior just didn't belong on the school grounds. I'm not saying we didn't have those who didn' slip away to there hid aways. Most just did not see it appropriate on school grounds.
Curtis Lowe

Montgomery, AL

#4 Apr 1, 2008
Kid got labeled a sexual predator for playing grab-ass with a girl about six months ago in a middle school. The girl didn't even complain, it was one of the teachers who witnessed the several girls and the guy playing, so they label the kid a sex offender. Best to keep PDAs where they belong...in private.
nightwalker

Beaumont, TX

#5 Apr 1, 2008
Curtis Lowe wrote:
Kid got labeled a sexual predator for playing grab-ass with a girl about six months ago in a middle school. The girl didn't even complain, it was one of the teachers who witnessed the several girls and the guy playing, so they label the kid a sex offender. Best to keep PDAs where they belong...in private.
Really? Whatever happen to talking to child and the parents? Discussing the behavior and dealing with the problem, if there was a problem. We seem to be over reacting to everything these days. I don't know the whole situation of this story but they are children, please tell me we could handle this situation another way. I keep seeing things like this and I'm asking myself where is this world taking us. Where we are afraid to hug or touch one another because it would be construed an indecent behavior! Man I'm beginning to believe that the old science fiction movie may come true. Well when there is no more human contact with each other I think it will become the end of time!!! Or am I over reacting?
8 Guage

Terry, MS

#6 Apr 10, 2008
Yes, PDA shouldn't be allowed at school, but what IS PDA? Hugging, Hand-holding? No. Now, Kissing, Making-out, Etc., Yeah that's PDA and doesn't belong at school. But a hug from your Boyfriend/Girlfriend ISN'T going to kill anyone. For God sakes, what has happened to the public school system?
BeautifulMomof2

United States

#7 Apr 10, 2008
skeleton christ wrote:
Should PDA(public displays of affection) be allow in schools?
My answer: yes, they should as long as they don't get too extreme.
Ummmmm, no. School is not a teenager's living room or bedroom. That should be kept private. I personally do not want to see two 16 year olds locking lips before class.
Justin from lakeview

Westerville, OH

#8 May 19, 2008
man saying a complete no to PDA's is just plain stupid i agree with folks that if it gets like out of hand i can see there point but like a hug or a peck on the cheek or on the lips should be perfectly fine but thats just my opninon

“Laugther is the best medicine”

Since: Apr 08

whereever I am at

#9 May 21, 2008
Justin from lakeview wrote:
man saying a complete no to PDA's is just plain stupid i agree with folks that if it gets like out of hand i can see there point but like a hug or a peck on the cheek or on the lips should be perfectly fine but thats just my opninon
Thank you I am glad there are others out there who see this from the same perspective that I do.
whitey

Friendswood, TX

#10 May 23, 2008
Sure, as long as it's not same sex.
dude

Columbia, MO

#11 Sep 9, 2008
hi wwhts up
A Student

Danville, CA

#12 Sep 16, 2008
[I think that PDA should be limited. Hugs are okay, kissing and holding hands is not.

I find it disturbing that a school, a place where you're supposed to /learn/, isn't teaching humility and to actually respect the eyes and feelings of classmates.

For example, some students have very low self esteem and self worth, which may cause it to be expressed in a superiority complex ("Everyone looks down on me because I'm so wonderful and they're jealous!") Then they fall for someone. With those feelings come partial delusions.

Then that person turns out to love another. The one with the superiority complex might become mentally unstable, which is worsened by the insensitive lovers.

Worst Case Scenario: somebody dies.

It makes me wonder what happened to the so-called "sweet kids" when you see one of them holding hands with someone in front of a heartbroken classmate.

That's why I think PDA should be limited to hugging and students should be severely punished if they go beyond it.

The positive about limiting PDA is that the students will learn more subtle ways to show they love someone, exercising their brains using emotions.]

“Really? Really?”

G'View

#13 Sep 16, 2008
A Student wrote:
[I think that PDA should be limited. Hugs are okay, kissing and holding hands is not.
I find it disturbing that a school, a place where you're supposed to /learn/, isn't teaching humility and to actually respect the eyes and feelings of classmates.
For example, some students have very low self esteem and self worth, which may cause it to be expressed in a superiority complex ("Everyone looks down on me because I'm so wonderful and they're jealous!") Then they fall for someone. With those feelings come partial delusions.
Then that person turns out to love another. The one with the superiority complex might become mentally unstable, which is worsened by the insensitive lovers.
Worst Case Scenario: somebody dies.
It makes me wonder what happened to the so-called "sweet kids" when you see one of them holding hands with someone in front of a heartbroken classmate.
That's why I think PDA should be limited to hugging and students should be severely punished if they go beyond it.
The positive about limiting PDA is that the students will learn more subtle ways to show they love someone, exercising their brains using emotions.]
Really? So where does it stop then? What about PDA outside of school? Should we stop PDA at pep rallies? Football games? Parties? In the mall?
Heartbreak is a fact of life and just because someone may have had their heart broken or has low-self esteem does not mitigate that everyone else has to stop living their lives. Learning to deal with heartbreak and go on with one's life is also a life-lesson that's taught every day at school outside the classroom. If someone finds that they're jealous because two people are kissing or holding hands, then that person needs to head down to the counselor's office or *gasp* talk to their parents about it.
And subtle ways? What would these subtle ways be? Who decides them? You? The poor, tortured soul?
And what manner of punishment? Detention for holding hands? Suspension for kissing?
Three words: grow a pair.
simplysyd

Kennesaw, GA

#14 Nov 7, 2008
whitey wrote:
Sure, as long as it's not same sex.
that is so unfair. if pda is allowed it should be allowed to all ppl not just straight ppl. im not a homo or anything but that is totally unfair
pda kid

Quilcene, WA

#15 Jan 20, 2009
hm, well i think so, but only to a certain extent. making out and hugging are two different things. i agree with hand holding and hugs, and a quick peck, but yes. some ppl tend to take it to far. so in the end, i agree, yes they should.

“Really? Really?”

G'View

#17 Jan 20, 2009
simplysyd wrote:
<quoted text>
that is so unfair. if pda is allowed it should be allowed to all ppl not just straight ppl. im not a homo or anything but that is totally unfair
Unfair or not, it's probably the safest route in high school.
789 yoyoyo

Arcadia, CA

#18 Feb 1, 2009
but what if it's just hugging!!! i seenothing wrong with that! do you?
skeleton christ

Olive Branch, MS

#19 Feb 1, 2009
BeautifulMomof2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmmm, no. School is not a teenager's living room or bedroom. That should be kept private. I personally do not want to see two 16 year olds locking lips before class.
Then here's my suggestion to you: don't look at it.

“Really? Really?”

G'View

#20 Feb 2, 2009
skeleton christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Then here's my suggestion to you: don't look at it.
Tru dat.
JJ PDA police

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Mar 4, 2009
PDA is really disturbing in schools adn should not be allowed,it distracts people from learning what they need to be doing...i dont want to see it...i mean holding hands and hugging is fine but STOP making out and kissing because it MAKES ME SICK...so just stop and you wont get in trouble!!!
love the PDA police
LP PDA POLICE

Saint Paul, MN

#22 Mar 4, 2009
PDA is really gross (in school)and distracts everyone for there learning and socail life. i mean really... come on people! SOPT IT! holding hands is fien but full blown making out is just GROSS! well bye bye from the PDA POLICE! <3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Name a place that you'd consider paradise on earth 5 min Doctor REALITY 8
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Anthony MN 543,399
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 min Chris Clearwater 173,936
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 min dirty white boy- 741,196
Erik Menendez, America's vilian ??! 26 min Doctor REALITY 2
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 27 min Eagle 12 228,053
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 32 min andet1987 4,516
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 34 min Paulo94 159

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••