ye olde village pub

“Colorful Beyond Words”

Since: May 11

"Always On The Go "

#54916 Aug 14, 2014
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Yes you do have experience sailing, as a kid in the tub with floatation toys, also in the swimming pool on floats? Lol
Ricky dear ... That is NOT the same !!

“Colorful Beyond Words”

"Always On The Go "

#54917 Aug 14, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
Good morning friendlies

We had an earthquake yesterday that measured 5.5 on the Richter scale. It was the first one I've ever experienced and it sure as hell was scary. I thought the building was busy collapsing. It's said that it was felt as far as Zimbabwe, Botswana and Mozambique! Now we await the aftershock, and prepare ourselves for another, more intense one. I don't want to experience that again, ever. I don't know how you guys deal with it, it's very scary and I felt so powerless. I mean, how do you stop nature?
Glad to know you are okay Ruby. Been thru a couple of tornadoes and ... It's scary. Just have to get up and go ... Hope for the best.

“Colorful Beyond Words”

"Always On The Go "

#54918 Aug 14, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
I've been watching all this about E-bola on thew news. No fear they chant. You need to have liquid contact from an infected person. Right ...
How did that person get it? We have a menagerie of disease now in the U.S from 'world travelers'. Dengue, Chukunguya to name a few more dangerous ones. All spread by insects, just like Malaria or Bubonic plague.
What's the claim? Well a sick person wont be going out and being bitten by said mosquitoes! But wait there's more.
It takes two or three weeks for the disease to show itself. More than enough time for the little bugs to bite. And keep on biting. No one has stated how the virus spread originally. How'd the first person get it?
Like AIDS? Their own butts weren't enough, no, they had to go (#*%$) a monkey. As far as 300 years ago it was known that illness spreads. Travelers were quarentined aboard ship till danger was past. No longer!
Stop on by, will ya. I personally don't want the poor, tired hungry sick bastards.
It's frightening what's going on in the world. I doubt my dreams of becoming a world traveler will ever come to fruition. Too much ... Of this sort of thing to worry over.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#54919 Aug 14, 2014
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
<quoted text>
It's frightening what's going on in the world. I doubt my dreams of becoming a world traveler will ever come to fruition. Too much ... Of this sort of thing to worry over.
See 5he USA,in a Chevrolet...... Want mountains? Forget the Alps or the Himalayas... See the Rockies in Colorado. Want white sandy beaches? The Gulf Coast is really nice. Want to hike a scenic trail? The Appalachian Trail awaits,all 1200 miles of it. Like to ski? TONS of resorts all over the country for that. A tropic getaway? The Florida Keys or some of the smaller islands of the S.Cal coast or Hawaii. If it sights you want try the Pre-columbian Mounds built a couple thousand years before Christ,in Indiana and Kentucky. Or the primitive villages of the Zunis in the Southwest.

There is much to see here WITHOUT taking your $$$ overseas where you risk health and safety. We may not have a Paris or London but if you want to be looked down on by urbanite snobs there is ALWAYS New York City. LOL

“Colorful Beyond Words”

"Always On The Go "

#54921 Aug 15, 2014
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>See 5he USA,in a Chevrolet...... Want mountains? Forget the Alps or the Himalayas... See the Rockies in Colorado. Want white sandy beaches? The Gulf Coast is really nice. Want to hike a scenic trail? The Appalachian Trail awaits,all 1200 miles of it. Like to ski? TONS of resorts all over the country for that. A tropic getaway? The Florida Keys or some of the smaller islands of the S.Cal coast or Hawaii. If it sights you want try the Pre-columbian Mounds built a couple thousand years before Christ,in Indiana and Kentucky. Or the primitive villages of the Zunis in the Southwest.

There is much to see here WITHOUT taking your $$$ overseas where you risk health and safety. We may not have a Paris or London but if you want to be looked down on by urbanite snobs there is ALWAYS New York City. LOL
I agree. I still have places on my bucket list to see in the USA ... But I do have Kentucky covered though. LOL !!

Lots of good stuff here for families to do.

“Colorful Beyond Words”

"Always On The Go "

#54922 Aug 15, 2014
Harrison Freebird wrote:
<quoted text>No I actually can't as I've always been self motivated and fully capable to make a very good living. My skill set in life is well rounded unlike lazy bones Rotor. "HE" was the one to choose the life of Riley way of living, ie.....playing on the computer hours on end for who knows how many years while his ex wife worked to pay all the bills as he played up the "my knee hurts" game.
Whatever .... You exhibit to much hostility and anger towards these folks ... Lighten up ... It's casual convo on a posting forum/board.

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#54924 Aug 17, 2014
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever .... You exhibit to much hostility and anger towards these folks ... Lighten up ... It's casual convo on a posting forum/board.
good luck with that request. he's as focused as a toad on a bug. just about as smart too.
the only motivation shown is the desire to insult, belittle or degrade.
as often said, misery loves company, and he wishes to spread his.
You have a good day. ignore the fool, don't pity him.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#54925 Aug 17, 2014
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be a nice change of pace!

Morning Hatti and Ed!

“Colorful Beyond Words”

"Always On The Go "

#54926 Aug 17, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>good luck with that request. he's as focused as a toad on a bug. just about as smart too.
the only motivation shown is the desire to insult, belittle or degrade.
as often said, misery loves company, and he wishes to spread his.
You have a good day. ignore the fool, don't pity him.
I had a great weekend. Went to the lake on Saturday and had a nice Sunday. Start the rat race again on Monday. Oh and I did survive the first week of school ... Now back in session.:-)

“Colorful Beyond Words”

"Always On The Go "

#54927 Aug 17, 2014
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>That would be a nice change of pace!

Morning Hatti and Ed!
Hey Sweet Ricky !:-)

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#54929 Aug 28, 2014
Has all the regulars disappeared from this thread for good?:(

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#54930 Aug 29, 2014
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
Hey FC and all ...
Yes it's been a great summer !! Just wish it would last and last and last !!
Take care all .... Where is everyone ?
Good morning, Hatti ... Good to see you ... Summer still here for a couple more months ... It's dropped down to the mid 90's and we're happy for that ... maybe September, October or November we anticipate to drop to the low 90's ... that would be a treat ...

Hope you've enjoyed your summer and looking forward to change of season forthcoming ... the cool crisp air, changing of colors if you get that in your region ... I'd drive out of state just to get that, ha

Happy Friday! Have a nice day & great weekend! Peace & Love, FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#54931 Aug 29, 2014
Good morning all good friendlies, Ruby, Ed, Ricky et all ... Wishing all a super weekend! Enjoy it! Peace out! FC <3 ...

5520 ... full house of smiles ...

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Dump American Eagle

#54932 Aug 29, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
Hi Ruby. They'll be back. Right now we are in full summer mode. Real world business and stuff.

“Colorful Beyond Words”

"Always On The Go "

#54933 Sep 6, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning, Hatti ... Good to see you ... Summer still here for a couple more months ... It's dropped down to the mid 90's and we're happy for that ... maybe September, October or November we anticipate to drop to the low 90's ... that would be a treat ...

Hope you've enjoyed your summer and looking forward to change of season forthcoming ... the cool crisp air, changing of colors if you get that in your region ... I'd drive out of state just to get that, ha

Happy Friday! Have a nice day & great weekend! Peace & Love, FC <3 ...
Hiya FC !!

Oh the glory of summer. I am a hot weather gal and even though I might enjoy the fall colors ... I know that winter is not far behind when that happens ! This winter is expected to be colder and more snowy than last. Soooo not looking forward to that at all. We have the luxury of experiencing all the seasons. I'm am grateful for that!

I've enjoyed the summer this year. It's been hot and sunny ... Spent lots of days on the lake. Just had a nice time.

Hope you are doing well. Stay cool dear and take care. I've even enjoyed a few good books this summer also. NOW that's rare ! LOL !!

“Colorful Beyond Words”

"Always On The Go "

#54934 Sep 6, 2014
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Ruby. They'll be back. Right now we are in full summer mode. Real world business and stuff.
Hey Oki ... Full summer mode .. I like that. And now .. In full school / work / soccer mode. Goodness .. I feel Like I run wide open all day long !

Say hello to HRP !

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#54935 Sep 8, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
I think many regular posters have disappeared from topix.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Dump American Eagle

#54936 Sep 8, 2014
Aithusa wrote:
<quoted text>
I think many regular posters have disappeared from topix.
I am sure some have become disgusted with the trolls but most are tied up doing RW stuff during the summer. They will return in the fall.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#54937 Sep 8, 2014
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>I am sure some have become disgusted with the trolls but most are tied up doing RW stuff during the summer. They will return in the fall.
True. Some may return once the snow flies.

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#54938 Sep 9, 2014
Aithusa wrote:
<quoted text>
True. Some may return once the snow flies.
They're not waiting that long. I see out of state plates already clogging the roadways.
Why don't people just stay home? Stack firewood, buy a snowblower or hire the neighbor kid?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Tide with Beach 878,146
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 11 min sangili karuppan 7,618
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 53 min Darwins Stepchild 177,849
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 1 hr sexy gay 560
google sniper for make money online 1 hr Clesteron 3
9/11&bin 1 hr REV CAROL 1
Is Obama Really Black? (Jul '09) 3 hr Johnny 72
The Christian Atheist debate 5 hr too lazy to log in 3,794
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 6 hr dollarsbill 7,967
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 hr RoSesz 603,170
More from around the web