ye olde village pub
Dale_Harris

Port Elizabeth, South Africa

#54624 May 21, 2014
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Thought you might find this interesting....
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-16/wher...
OMG this is amasing!

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#54625 May 21, 2014
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Thought you might find this interesting....
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-16/wher...
That really is something. Had no idea they could be so stupid, but greed over rules does it not?
At least they know where they are for the re-call!

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#54626 May 21, 2014
Good morning friendlies

I think I'm in love... with the courtesy car. It drives so well and my mom said I look good in it. Just wish I had the money to buy one. But oh well, my turn will come some day lol

Hope you've all had a wonderful Hump Day and that your Thursday will be even better. Can't believe it's almost Friday/the weekend. Time flies
Dale_Harris

#54627 May 21, 2014
Good morning/evening to Everyone
Here is hoping that everyone has a great day/evening. I am planning on having a great day.

Ruby the courtesy car sounds very nice. What make of car is it?

I am working towards buying another car next year but for now my little car is fine.

Have a good one everyone.

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#54628 May 22, 2014
Dale_Harris wrote:
Ruby the courtesy car sounds very nice. What make of car is it? I am working towards buying another car next year but for now my little car is fine.
Have a good one everyone.
It's a Ford Figo.

Got a call from the insurance company a few minutes ago. So we said we want to keep the car and repair it ourselves, so they're not going to write it off. Anyway, the contract we had, said I could use the courtesy car till the 31st. Now the insurance says as soon as they pay out the money to us when bringing the car home, we have to return the car, even if the time period isn't over yet.

I don't know what we're going to do now. Basically screwed. Again. Le sigh. I just can't win
Dale_Harris

#54629 May 22, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a Ford Figo.
Got a call from the insurance company a few minutes ago. So we said we want to keep the car and repair it ourselves, so they're not going to write it off. Anyway, the contract we had, said I could use the courtesy car till the 31st. Now the insurance says as soon as they pay out the money to us when bringing the car home, we have to return the car, even if the time period isn't over yet.
I don't know what we're going to do now. Basically screwed. Again. Le sigh. I just can't win
Ford Figo is a nice car Ruby. Pity about the insurance company pulling the courtesy car. Can you not make excuses about when you can collect your car so that you can use the courtesy car for longer. And getting a hired vehicle will cost you plenty (and you need your money to repair your own car). Is it not possible to arrange a lift until the car is drivable and repaired? This is a difficult one hey!

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#54630 May 22, 2014
I just realized... Today marks 3 years since I bought Spartan. Can't believe it's been that long. Seems like just yesterday that I first laid eyes on him...

Location hidden

#54631 May 22, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
I just realized... Today marks 3 years since I bought Spartan. Can't believe it's been that long. Seems like just yesterday that I first laid eyes on him...
Go get some carrots and broccolli and have an aniversery party

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#54632 May 23, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
Did you get him young? How does he act around you now 3 years later?
Dale_Harris

#54633 May 23, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
Sorry about being late today. Work has kept me busy. You need to take Spartan some apples this weekend and take him for a walk, or he take you for a walk, whatever. The weekend is just about here. YAY!!! Why am I getting excited when all I have planned is washing and ironing. Oh woe is me. Get a life Dale!!! Have a fabulous weekend and give Spartan a "horse hug" from me. Take care.

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#54634 May 23, 2014
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Did you get him young? How does he act around you now 3 years later?
I got him as an 15 year old more or less. Not sure of his exact age. The people I bought him from said he was 12 when I bought him, but a veterinary nurse who specializes in equines, said he's older, maybe like 15. And that would make him around 18 now.

He sees me mostly as a carrot dispenser, lol. But I don't mind. I think he knows I'm his "person"
Dale_Harris wrote:
Have a fabulous weekend and give Spartan a "horse hug" from me. Take care.
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Go get some carrots and broccolli and have an aniversery party
My weekend's going to be sad. Since I don't have a car, I can't go and visit him. I don't know how long it'll take before I have my own wheels back, and it makes me very sad because I really miss him. I don't want to drive those dirt roads with the courtesy car...

So yeah, I will just have to wait and hope for the best...

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#54635 May 23, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
I got him as an 15 year old more or less. Not sure of his exact age. The people I bought him from said he was 12 when I bought him, but a veterinary nurse who specializes in equines, said he's older, maybe like 15. And that would make him around 18 now.
He sees me mostly as a carrot dispenser, lol. But I don't mind. I think he knows I'm his "person"
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
My weekend's going to be sad. Since I don't have a car, I can't go and visit him. I don't know how long it'll take before I have my own wheels back, and it makes me very sad because I really miss him. I don't want to drive those dirt roads with the courtesy car...
lol, as long as he likes you and doesn't run from you is all that matters. lol

Location hidden

#54636 May 23, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I fail to see why not drive 'em. It's not your car, so what? Another reason never to by an old rental vehicle. Everybody beats the crap out of them. I'm talking about big agencies too.
and might that be why you're is is busted up?

Location hidden

#54637 May 23, 2014
Memorial Day week-end here. Now just what are we supposed to remember? Last years sale? How the government has tried to screw over every veteran since the 'revolution'?
Meat is on sale, and that's a good thing. 9 bucks for Rib eye. Porterhouse you ask? 17.99.
BUT ... beer is not!! That is so un-American for sure.
anyway, everybody have a good time. Stay safe/stay home.

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#54638 May 24, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
I fail to see why not drive 'em. It's not your car, so what? Another reason never to by an old rental vehicle. Everybody beats the crap out of them. I'm talking about big agencies too.
and might that be why you're is is busted up?
That's the thing, it's not busted up. It looks almost brand new. Not even a tiny scratch, nothing. And I'd feel bad driving those dirt roads with an almost brand new car

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#54639 May 24, 2014
Especially one that isn't mine...Lol

Location hidden

#54640 May 24, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
ruby ...you are sooooo different!

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#54641 May 25, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
Good to see you were raised right, Ruby.

")

(Besides, who wants to pay for damages, on a car you don't own??)

But I'm sure you miss your buddy - you'll get to see him soon, I'm guessing.

Have a great day!

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#54642 May 25, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
ruby ...you are sooooo different!
Different ... in a good way, right? Lol
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Good to see you were raised right, Ruby.
")
(Besides, who wants to pay for damages, on a car you don't own??)
But I'm sure you miss your buddy - you'll get to see him soon, I'm guessing.
Have a great day!
Exactly. Don't want to even get a little scratch on it. And those dirt roads aren't in the best conditions. I don't mind driving it with my own car, but not with a loan car. Which, by the way, has to go back this coming Saturday. Don't know what we're going to do with regards to transport. The insurance company still hasn't brought my car back, I'm beginning to wonder whether they actually know where the car is.

The longer they take to bring it back, the longer we have to struggle with transport, whilst the car is being repaired. I just don't know what to do or say or feel anymore. I can kick myself for getting into an accident in the first place. Oh well, what's done is done. Onwards and (hopefully) upwards from here.

As for my boy, I really hope I see him again soon. I really miss him
Dale_Harris

#54643 May 25, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Different ... in a good way, right? Lol
<quoted text>
Exactly. Don't want to even get a little scratch on it. And those dirt roads aren't in the best conditions. I don't mind driving it with my own car, but not with a loan car. Which, by the way, has to go back this coming Saturday. Don't know what we're going to do with regards to transport. The insurance company still hasn't brought my car back, I'm beginning to wonder whether they actually know where the car is.
The longer they take to bring it back, the longer we have to struggle with transport, whilst the car is being repaired. I just don't know what to do or say or feel anymore. I can kick myself for getting into an accident in the first place. Oh well, what's done is done. Onwards and (hopefully) upwards from here.
As for my boy, I really hope I see him again soon. I really miss him
Hi Ruby
Yes I can understand your frustration. And panel beating takes a long time. My son's car was in the panel beaters for one month.
My car was pushed backwards into another car this weekend by a Porche Ceyenne (4 X 4). Very heavy big vehicle. I got out of my car and so did the car that I was pushed into but the Porche Ceyenne left the scene of accident and we have no details of his vehicle, nothing Ruby. And my insurance told me that they will most probably not pay the damage for the guy behind me as it was not my fault, it was the other vehicle. I am really down today as people that "hit and run" make life very difficult for others.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful day today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min New Age Spiritual... 678,600
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 29 min Aerobatty 118,567
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 32 min RiversideRedneck 2,134
News Bill to loosen financial rules would save $24 b... 36 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 2
News Trump budget promises balance in decade, relies... 42 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 4
News An ambitious ruler defeated by his own hubris: ... 44 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 2
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 57 min New Age Spiritual... 33,210
More from around the web