ye olde village pub

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#54603 May 19, 2014
Dale_Harris wrote:
Good Morning All
Today the sun is shining so YAY. The weekend was really quite cold. The icy wind on Saturday was horrid. We still have to get through the worst ie June, July and about half of August. My sister tells me that they had summer for 2 days (Lol) Saturday and Sunday in London and now it is back to grey skies and rain and cold. I cannot understand the attraction of people longing to live there. That constant cold would drive me crazy. Oh well .....
I hope you all have a great day/evening and you enjoy what you are doing.
Dale, I don't understand why people live in a lot of places. Okaaay, I may have to deal with the occiasonal hurricane, but I know it's coming.
Getting hit with a tornado in the dark of night? Frozen in place by a blizzard? Thank you but NO!
Take deserts for example... You know after driving 700 miles it occurred to us that there wouldn't be hunger if you lived where the food is. Nothing grows there, nothing's gonna grow there. We have deserts in America, we just don't live in them.
I could go on, but that would be to much plagerism.
Dale_Harris

Port Elizabeth, South Africa

#54604 May 19, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Dale, I don't understand why people live in a lot of places. Okaaay, I may have to deal with the occiasonal hurricane, but I know it's coming.
Getting hit with a tornado in the dark of night? Frozen in place by a blizzard? Thank you but NO!
Take deserts for example... You know after driving 700 miles it occurred to us that there wouldn't be hunger if you lived where the food is. Nothing grows there, nothing's gonna grow there. We have deserts in America, we just don't live in them.
I could go on, but that would be to much plagerism.
Hi Ed
You are so right Ed! When I asked my sister why she lives in London she says that she gets free pension, all her medical bills are free as she is on the National Health AND she also gets a free home (apartment or little house). She says "no stress". Well Ed I have a different thought on it. I would rather work to my dying day for my pension and my medical bills and my home than live there with that dreadful weather, dark grey skies and the moaning that the British are so good at. Also the constant rain. It never lets up. It is extremely depressing and it shows in the way that the British people complain morning, noon and night. I expect I would also start complaining living there in that shitty climate. AND (Summer) having two days of sunshine and 20 degrees temperature they all get into their gardens in their bathing suits and burn bright red like lobsters.(That gives them something else to moan about) LOL
The San people live in our deserts and they survive (but I think only just). Poor devils and I suppose they never thought of moving closer to a town.
Anyway we have sunshine again today so YAY.I hope you have a great evening/morning and enjoy it.
Dale_Harris

#54605 May 19, 2014
Good Morning Everyone

Here is hoping that you all have a brilliant day and enjoy whatever it is that you are planning on doing.

Have a good one!
Dale_Harris

#54606 May 19, 2014
Good Morning Ruby

How is your courtesy car going? And have you heard from the insurance company?
Nice and sunny today but ever such a cold wind if you get caught by it. We are nearing June too fast for my liking. Have a lovely day Ruby and I will pop back in later to hear about the insurance company.

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#54607 May 19, 2014
Morning friendlies

Have quite a bit of work to do today. Didn't finish it yesterday. Have a huge pile of leave forms to process and then the daily things too, and log sheets to capture and standby/overtime to do. I guess I better get cracking.

I'll pop by again a little later.
Dale_Harris

#54609 May 19, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
Morning friendlies
Have quite a bit of work to do today. Didn't finish it yesterday. Have a huge pile of leave forms to process and then the daily things too, and log sheets to capture and standby/overtime to do. I guess I better get cracking.
I'll pop by again a little later.
Good luck with all the work Ruby.

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#54610 May 20, 2014
Ok, half the work is done.

Just got bad news from the insurance company. They're going to write my car off! Now I'm screwed because I can't afford another car, and they're only paying out R18000. I don't know what I'm going to do. All I can do is pray

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#54611 May 20, 2014
Excellent news! We can get the car back and fix it ourselves, and they are still going to pay out R8000. Which we can use towards getting the car fixed again! SOOOOO HAPPPPY
Dale_Harris

#54612 May 20, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
Ok, half the work is done.
Just got bad news from the insurance company. They're going to write my car off! Now I'm screwed because I can't afford another car, and they're only paying out R18000. I don't know what I'm going to do. All I can do is pray
Sorry to hear that Ruby. What is the amount to repair the car? I took the money that they paid out and I repaired my car at a cheaper panel beater.
Well pray like you say but whatever, you are going to have to pay off either a good second hand car or a new car. Geeze R1,995.00 pm for the cheapest new car and that is over 4 to 5 years. Yikes! I think I will also pray like you are :)
Dale_Harris

#54613 May 20, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
Excellent news! We can get the car back and fix it ourselves, and they are still going to pay out R8000. Which we can use towards getting the car fixed again! SOOOOO HAPPPPY
Hey Ruby, I just started to pray and your post popped up. See prayer does work LOL
That is what happened with my car. Go for it Ruby. I am doing the "happy dance" for you.

Location hidden

#54614 May 20, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
There may be a lot said about keeping a car that you don 't have payments on. Still and all, if you can fix it cheap, maybe use the left over to trade for a better one. Just a thought, I know how attached we can get to something.
Personally, I've had so much stuff that I really don't care anymore. Buy it, use it and then sell it, hopefully at no loss.
One must factor in things like enjoyment, usage .. stuff like that. Bottom line ... is it really worth it?

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#54615 May 20, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
There may be a lot said about keeping a car that you don 't have payments on. Still and all, if you can fix it cheap, maybe use the left over to trade for a better one. Just a thought, I know how attached we can get to something.
Personally, I've had so much stuff that I really don't care anymore. Buy it, use it and then sell it, hopefully at no loss.
One must factor in things like enjoyment, usage .. stuff like that. Bottom line ... is it really worth it?
The thing is, not too long ago, we had the whole engine redone. It cost almost as much as the car initially cost us, so it's basically like a new car engine-wise. And we don't want to let that just go to waste. The insurance company will make money out of it if we let the car go. They will fix it up, register it under a different registration number and sell it as a "code 2" meaning a car that has been in an accident and has been repaired. Soooo yeah. We'd rather pay a little bit of money to have it fixed ourselves, the car is a lot more worth to us than its price tag. Sentiment and all that jazz. I'm just glad that we aren't going to lose my car :-D
Dale_Harris

#54616 May 21, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing is, not too long ago, we had the whole engine redone. It cost almost as much as the car initially cost us, so it's basically like a new car engine-wise. And we don't want to let that just go to waste. The insurance company will make money out of it if we let the car go. They will fix it up, register it under a different registration number and sell it as a "code 2" meaning a car that has been in an accident and has been repaired. Soooo yeah. We'd rather pay a little bit of money to have it fixed ourselves, the car is a lot more worth to us than its price tag. Sentiment and all that jazz. I'm just glad that we aren't going to lose my car :-D
Hi Ruby
Good idea. My car is still going strong 6 years after the accident. I have a Toyota and you know those cars never stop going. Get it repaired and I bet you still have years of driving that car.
Hava a great day Ruby.
Dale_Harris

#54617 May 21, 2014
Good Morning/Evening EVERYONE
It took me 2.5 hours in the traffic this morning to get to work. I left home at 6:00 and got to work at 8:30. Four robots out of order and a car accident. The cars were banked up for miles. This reminds me why I leave home "very early" so that I can miss this type of traffic. I am sure that my blood pressure gets very high when I have to deal with the idiots and the Taxis. I get to work all flustered and it is not a good way to start the day.
Have a wonderful day each of you and enjoy!

Location hidden

#54618 May 21, 2014
Dale_Harris wrote:
Good Morning/Evening EVERYONE
It took me 2.5 hours in the traffic this morning to get to work. I left home at 6:00 and got to work at 8:30. Four robots out of order and a car accident. The cars were banked up for miles. This reminds me why I leave home "very early" so that I can miss this type of traffic. I am sure that my blood pressure gets very high when I have to deal with the idiots and the Taxis. I get to work all flustered and it is not a good way to start the day.
Have a wonderful day each of you and enjoy!
Don't know from Toyota, kept my '74 F-150 till 95. Traded it for a new one.
Traded that for my '06 Ranger.
No accidents though.
Never did anything but scheduled maintainence either. Well yeah, some stuff does wear out but that is taken into account.
2022, might make it that long ...

Location hidden

#54619 May 21, 2014
Earlier this month a new rail system went into service. No one wanted it. Just the politicos pissing away tax money. So you ask?
Well the first two weeks they had to add another car to the train . Big WOW, right?
Nope.Now that they must pay anywhere fro 9 to 12 dollars for the trip to work and back passengers dropped off considerably.
They had 3, yes only 3 people on the train yesterday.
So this is a huge waste, we all knew that.But wait there's more!!
In oder to save the feds money(and because he's an asshole too) Our guvnah decides not to accept 5.1 BILLION dollars for health care.
smart move, eh?
Dale_Harris

#54620 May 21, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
Earlier this month a new rail system went into service. No one wanted it. Just the politicos pissing away tax money. So you ask?
Well the first two weeks they had to add another car to the train . Big WOW, right?
Nope.Now that they must pay anywhere fro 9 to 12 dollars for the trip to work and back passengers dropped off considerably.
In oder to save the feds money(and because he's an asshole too) Our guvnah decides not to accept 5.1 BILLION dollars for health care.
smart move, eh?
Hey Ed
I had to laugh when I read your post because pissing away tax money is so right.
Your post sounds very reminicient of things here in SA. Our government uses their pension fund money to create e-toll roads around the city and every now and then you go through an e-toll and it takes a picture of your vehicle and then you get a bill from them. 7 Pages in all for each bill. I kid you not. No one who went through an e-toll is paying them their money and now they are calling it a "violation" which is bullshit. There are no laws pertaining to e-toll roads anywhere in our statutes here. They are trying scare tactics by telling people it is a "violation". They are just worried because they tied up their pensions in the creation of this rubbish e-toll road and no one is paying up. I can see in a while this e-toll road becoming a "white elephant" as more and more motorists are going the back roads and not using the e-toll road. Mainly people that get refunded by their companies use it. That is why the back roads are becoming so busy and it takes you 2.5 hours to get to work. LOL

Your final paragraph about not accepting 5.1 BILLION dollars for Health care is just tooooo lovely! And yes, your guvnah is an asshole or should I say ASSHOLE.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#54621 May 21, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
smart move, eh?
3 riders and had to add another car? They can lay it off as thinking ahead for future growth? lol

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#54622 May 21, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought you might find this interesting....

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-16/wher...
Dale_Harris

#54623 May 21, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know from Toyota, kept my '74 F-150 till 95. Traded it for a new one.
Traded that for my '06 Ranger.
No accidents though.
Never did anything but scheduled maintainence either. Well yeah, some stuff does wear out but that is taken into account.
2022, might make it that long ...
I am a great believer in Toyota. I had a Merc Benz at one time and a BMW but I went back to Toyota. They are reliable little cars and do not cost a fortune to run.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 685,658
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min MAGA_ITN 25,763
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Robert F 985,661
.........now that you're gone 1 hr Doctor REALITY 2
Narada contemporary violinist Doug Cameron: "Jo... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 3
Nursing home..sandy hook 3 hr Peggyjones 1
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 4 hr Doctor REALITY 20
More from around the web