South Africa

#54502 May 8, 2014
Hope this link also works: HILARIOUS!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/-ssXJtzFOjA... howinfo=0

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#54503 May 8, 2014
Hmm...viewed that one on my phone, but can't view it on the work pc (Youtube is blocked) so I can't tell if it's working or not. Oh well

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#54504 May 8, 2014
Dale_Harris wrote:
<quoted text>
There were two "Mamas" in the queue ahead of us and were ancient. The IEC came to ask them if they wanted to go through the pensioner quick service section and they wanted to know much they charged???? These are people that vote but ask how much to pay to vote!
I agree that we need all the little parties to come together as one and then kick the ANC's arse. I don't think that it will happen in my lifetime though. "They" have got in and are making the most of it. Homes for R286 million, Malls, Pharmacies and Clinics built especially for whats-his-face and his family. It is not necessary. No one needs a home costing R286million. I believe he wants another wife (4th?) as well. God take care of us please.
You are right in saying that our country is going from bad to worse and it is because we have a corrupt Pressie and his entourage of wives and 22 children and malls and clinics and swimming pools etc, etc. I think Ruby there are just so many millions of them and only 1 or 2 million of us that the chances of any other party going up against them in virtually null and void. Anyway there is sweet bugger-all that we can do about it but grin and bear it.
Have a great afternoon. Nearing lunch time.
Seems like every country is corrupt beyond belief. Same here. They allow toxic waste to enter the water without regard to the people. Kiss ass to big business, etc.
I met two sailors in the past. One from S.A. and one from Poland. Both built boats and sailed here because they were not allowed to leave otherwise.
They get here and find out the new boss is the same as the old.
Better to float around and touch land once in a while.

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#54505 May 8, 2014
Dale_Harris wrote:
<quoted text>
There were two "Mamas" in the queue ahead of us and were ancient. The IEC came to ask them if they wanted to go through the pensioner quick service section and they wanted to know much they charged???? These are people that vote but ask how much to pay to vote!
Aaw that's actually adorable! It'll make my day. Yeah, all the elderly people and pregnant women got to jump the queue. Only downside is, their families all tag along, so essentially it's about 2-3 additional people. Makes sense though but still. Took us that much longer to get ahead because of all these people appearing out of nowhere and jumping the queue. The guy behind us got upset and started making a scene but he calmed down eventually, when he saw it's not going to get him anywhere...
Dale_Harris wrote:
Anyway there is sweet bugger-all that we can do about it but grin and bear it. Have a great afternoon. Nearing lunch time.
"Just smile and wave boys. Smile and wave..."

Lunch time is over for me. We have lunch from 12:00 - 12:30. I quickly went to the mall to buy my mom a Mother's Day prezzie. Don't want to wait till the last minute. Now I just have to hide it so she doesn't find it before Sunday, haha. It fits inside my handbag so I could just keep it in there, or I'll go hide it in my closet
Dale_Harris

Krugersdorp, South Africa

#54506 May 8, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
Hmm...viewed that one on my phone, but can't view it on the work pc (Youtube is blocked) so I can't tell if it's working or not. Oh well
Hi Ruby it is working and it is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.
Dale_Harris

#54507 May 8, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Aaw that's actually adorable! It'll make my day. Yeah, all the elderly people and pregnant women got to jump the queue. Only downside is, their families all tag along, so essentially it's about 2-3 additional people. Makes sense though but still. Took us that much longer to get ahead because of all these people appearing out of nowhere and jumping the queue. The guy behind us got upset and started making a scene but he calmed down eventually, when he saw it's not going to get him anywhere...
<quoted text>
"Just smile and wave boys. Smile and wave..."
Lunch time is over for me. We have lunch from 12:00 - 12:30. I quickly went to the mall to buy my mom a Mother's Day prezzie. Don't want to wait till the last minute. Now I just have to hide it so she doesn't find it before Sunday, haha. It fits inside my handbag so I could just keep it in there, or I'll go hide it in my closet
It is Mothers Day this Sunday. I am not getting too excited as my birthday was forgotten this year and I am expecting Mother's Day to be forgotten as well. Being a Mother you have to learn to live with the highs and the lows.(Mine are lows right now). I am just so down Ruby I am worried that my medication has gone haywire but I cannot take the time off to get it checked. Also this eating less than nothing for the allergies does not help. My eyes were swollen beyond recognizable today so ....... either the diet is working or ..... not working. I only find out in about 1.5 weeks time.
Anyway lunch time is history and we are into the afternoon stretch. 2.5 hours to go and I am out of here.
Dale_Harris

#54508 May 8, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems like every country is corrupt beyond belief. Same here. They allow toxic waste to enter the water without regard to the people. Kiss ass to big business, etc.
I met two sailors in the past. One from S.A. and one from Poland. Both built boats and sailed here because they were not allowed to leave otherwise.
They get here and find out the new boss is the same as the old.
Better to float around and touch land once in a while.
Hi Ed
Yes I think you are right as you read or hear about it so often these days. I just cannot for the life of me understand why they are not taken to task about it. It seems it is just left and is just grows out of all proportion. If I did something like that I would end up with my arse in the clink and they would throw away the key. Not so for this lot. It just gets better and better for them. Oh well ......... worrying about it is not going to help.

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#54509 May 8, 2014
Dale_Harris wrote:
<quoted text>
It is Mothers Day this Sunday. I am not getting too excited as my birthday was forgotten this year and I am expecting Mother's Day to be forgotten as well. Being a Mother you have to learn to live with the highs and the lows.(Mine are lows right now)
We don't normally celebrate Mother's and Father's Day, but every once in a while it's nice to spoil them a bit, even if it's just something small or simple like breakfast in bed and the day off
Dale_Harris wrote:
I am just so down Ruby I am worried that my medication has gone haywire but I cannot take the time off to get it checked. Also this eating less than nothing for the allergies does not help. My eyes were swollen beyond recognizable today so ....... either the diet is working or ..... not working. I only find out in about 1.5 weeks time.
Anyway lunch time is history and we are into the afternoon stretch. 2.5 hours to go and I am out of here.
I'm sorry you're feeling low. I understand how you're feeling, as I've been there quite often myself. But it seems like my meds are at the correct dosage and the right combination, because I can't even remember when was the last time I felt depressed. What also helped me "rehabilitate" myself is writing poetry.

I get these bursts of creativity and then I start writing. I think I have about 7 or 9 poems already. May not sound like much but they capture my innermost feelings. Most of them were written on my low days, that's when I seem to be more creative with regards to finding the perfect metaphors and other wording.

I do hope you feel better soon.*Hugs*
Dale_Harris

#54510 May 8, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't normally celebrate Mother's and Father's Day, but every once in a while it's nice to spoil them a bit, even if it's just something small or simple like breakfast in bed and the day off
<quoted text>
I'm sorry you're feeling low. I understand how you're feeling, as I've been there quite often myself. But it seems like my meds are at the correct dosage and the right combination, because I can't even remember when was the last time I felt depressed. What also helped me "rehabilitate" myself is writing poetry.
I get these bursts of creativity and then I start writing. I think I have about 7 or 9 poems already. May not sound like much but they capture my innermost feelings. Most of them were written on my low days, that's when I seem to be more creative with regards to finding the perfect metaphors and other wording.
I do hope you feel better soon.*Hugs*
Thanks for listening and understanding Ruby. You of all people would know how I am feeling. It is very hard to "pretend" that everything is fine, when it is not. I need to check with the Doc about this diet for the allergies because I don't know if it would interfere with my medication or not. I can tell you one thing, if they don't find out what I am allergic to pretty quickly, I will have to rethink and re-chat to the Doc about it.
Interesting that you talk about poetry. My aunt told me the same thing years ago. But I am not at all "arty-farty". I call a spade a f-----.g shovel. Good for you that you have written 9 poems. The best I can do is:
The Man stood on the burning deck;
picking his nose like mad,
rolling it into little balls,
and throwing them at his Dad.
And this I might tell you was my fathers handywork. Shows you eh LOL Ha ha ha
Dale_Harris

#54511 May 8, 2014
Hey Ruby, have a good evening speak tomorrow.

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#54512 May 8, 2014
Dale_Harris wrote:
Interesting that you talk about poetry. My aunt told me the same thing years ago. But I am not at all "arty-farty". I call a spade a f-----.g shovel. Good for you that you have written 9 poems. The best I can do is:
The Man stood on the burning deck;
picking his nose like mad,
rolling it into little balls,
and throwing them at his Dad.
And this I might tell you was my fathers handywork. Shows you eh LOL Ha ha ha
LOL - That's a funny poem.

Mine don't rhyme. They do in some places, but I don't go out of my way to make them rhyme. But there is a rhythm, and I always say the poem out loud to ensure it "sounds" right. Not everyone can be good at everything. Maybe you're good at something else, like photography, drawing, making things, etc. The list is endless. My parents didn't even know about my poems. When I was in Vista for those 10 days, I felt the need to write poetry again (wrote two of them while I was there). I asked my mom to bring me a book, I had a pen.

I also asked her to bring me my other poems, told her where I keep them. She obviously read it and was so surprised that I wrote that. A few of the people I made friends with there copied one of my poems, my very first poem, because they said it captures exactly how THEY also feel sometimes. So I was very proud of myself. That was my best work in my opinion. But I was on a serious emotional rollercoaster back then. Most of my poems are "dark". But one or two of them have happy endings.
Dale_Harris wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for listening and understanding Ruby. You of all people would know how I am feeling. It is very hard to "pretend" that everything is fine, when it is not. I need to check with the Doc about this diet for the allergies because I don't know if it would interfere with my medication or not. I can tell you one thing, if they don't find out what I am allergic to pretty quickly, I will have to rethink and re-chat to the Doc about it
I'm a good listener, so I'll "listen" anytime, and advise where I can.

I think it's a good idea to chat to your doctor about how you're feeling. Does he/she have like an emergency number, where you can tell the doc your problems without having to go there?
Dale_Harris

#54513 May 8, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL - That's a funny poem.
Mine don't rhyme. They do in some places, but I don't go out of my way to make them rhyme. But there is a rhythm, and I always say the poem out loud to ensure it "sounds" right. Not everyone can be good at everything. Maybe you're good at something else, like photography, drawing, making things, etc. The list is endless. My parents didn't even know about my poems. When I was in Vista for those 10 days, I felt the need to write poetry again (wrote two of them while I was there). I asked my mom to bring me a book, I had a pen.
I also asked her to bring me my other poems, told her where I keep them. She obviously read it and was so surprised that I wrote that. A few of the people I made friends with there copied one of my poems, my very first poem, because they said it captures exactly how THEY also feel sometimes. So I was very proud of myself. That was my best work in my opinion. But I was on a serious emotional rollercoaster back then. Most of my poems are "dark". But one or two of them have happy endings.
<quoted text>
I'm a good listener, so I'll "listen" anytime, and advise where I can.
I think it's a good idea to chat to your doctor about how you're feeling. Does he/she have like an emergency number, where you can tell the doc your problems without having to go there?
No Ruby. My doctor passed away and an Indian bought his practice. So I have to make an appointment to see him everytime. He is very young (my doctor was one of the old school doctors, house calls and all that). I used to meet with him one evening per week and we would talk everything out. It was amasing and he said I was doing great, but this indian bloke is soooooo much younger and I think that he is just too young . He has a clock that he sets and after 15 minutes the alarm goes off and that is your time up. I don't like this aspect and have been meaning to find someone new but never gotten around to it as time does not allow. Now I think is the time for me to find a new one as if I have to hear that alarm go off one more time, I think I will throw the clock at him. I will speak to a couple of people I know tonight and I am sure that I can find someone older with more experience.
I am glad that I spoke to you as it has made me do something about it rather sooner than later. Thanks very much Ruby have a great evening.
Your poetry sounds awesome, you must be proud of yourself to accomplish that.
Harrison Freebird

New Bern, NC

#54514 May 8, 2014
This thread has morphed itself into a daily show and tell all for the mentally/emotionally handicapped.

No wonder Rotor and others have lost all interest.

Location hidden

#54515 May 8, 2014
Dale_Harris wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Ed
Yes I think you are right as you read or hear about it so often these days. I just cannot for the life of me understand why they are not taken to task about it. It seems it is just left and is just grows out of all proportion. If I did something like that I would end up with my arse in the clink and they would throw away the key. Not so for this lot. It just gets better and better for them. Oh well ......... worrying about it is not going to help.
I wanted to send you a message Dale. But ... clicking on your tag didn't help.
If you like stories, I'd be glad to send you one.
By the way, do you have Kindle?

Location hidden

#54516 May 8, 2014
Harrison Freebird wrote:
This thread has morphed itself into a daily show and tell all for the mentally/emotionally handicapped.
well, well ... I am surprised you chose to show you face once more. But then it does take one to know one, does it not?
Let us forego the last conversation about incest and small animals.
You bring up mentally and emotionally handicapped individuals. Is this because you recognize yourself as one of them? It takes one to know one, correct?

glad you agree.I do hope we can make some progress here, as it is an open forum, do not be ashamed of your feelings. We care, really and we're here to help.
Now then, have you any idea of when your deficiencies became obvious? Was there some time in your childhood where they stood out? Made you so different from others?

Really now. What woman was it? Mother or sister?

Don'y cry, Harrison. It'll be all right, we just need to get to the bottom of this. better now than later in another prison. Have a tissue ....

Better now? Good boy. No, no need to thank me, it's what I'm here for. Let's go on .... you said something about a priest? Is this significant?

Okay, so you don't happen to be religious ..... What? You wish you were a priest?? Because of the boys, is that it? Or was it the free wine?

Both, huh. Well, you say the wine was for the boys, and the boys were for you .. if of course you happened to be a priest. I know, I see it all the time on the news, doesn't make it right.

That really is interesting. You say that your father always said if your sister wasn't good enough for your family, she wasn't good enough for anybody else's ? Is that what you mean?

I'm curious now. Who would you have compared that too?

Oh, friends. well yes I can see that. I mean share and share alike, right?

..... And your problem was that she wasn't as good as the others? I mean by comparison, having had both, or rather all?

Moving on, do you by chance think that everyone in your family has the same DNA? You know what that is right?

So glad you happen to be up on stuff like that. shows promise. No, not now .., in the future. You may just have a glimmer of hope. I assure you, sincerely Harrison, this isn't over .. we will overcome this. Have faith.

No, not that priest crap again. Get over it will you?!?

“Hello Trump”

Since: Jan 07

Goodby Hillary

#54517 May 8, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
Good morning friendlies
Today is like another Monday for us, and tomorrow is Friday, lol
Stood in the queue for 2 hours just to make two little crosses. There were A LOT of people. When we were about halfway, the queue was just as long as it was when we started.They were quite busy there yesterday. We went there at about 10. Got there and saw the looong queue and decided to go for breakfast and coffee at the Wimpy (Restaurant). Went back at about 12 and the queue was still very long. But we decided to just do it and eventually got to vote at 2pm... It was crazy
This is for both you and DAle.... From the sounds of it you need more voting/polling places. Lines like that happen here if the election is important enough to the low information voters in the larger cities for them to turn out. In many smaller communities lines are short and wait times are measured in minutes. A couple states allow online voting and absentee ballots(mail in)are available for shut ins and people who will be out of their home district on election day. The down side is the potential for voter fraud and manipulation of those ballots.

For Dale again..... Its:(present tense) "I feel like crap." (past tense superlatives) "I never felt crappier." or "This movie is the crappiest." Kind of along the lines of: happy/happier/happiest.

A crapper is where one goes to take a crap. Unless you don't give a crap. Hope this helps.

“Hello Trump”

Goodby Hillary

#54518 May 8, 2014
Harrison Freebird wrote:
Why don't you crawl back in your bottle and pull the cork in behind you sh1tbird......

“100% Princess”

and totally harmless

#54519 May 8, 2014
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you crawl back in your bottle and pull the cork in behind you sh1tbird......
hey there doll. Fixing to head into town for a couple hours. You know how it goes. Anyway, hope your evening is non eventful and I'll see you when I see you....

XOXOOX

“Hello Trump”

Goodby Hillary

#54520 May 8, 2014
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>hey there doll. Fixing to head into town for a couple hours. You know how it goes. Anyway, hope your evening is non eventful and I'll see you when I see you....
XOXOOX
Okay. See ya when.

XOXOXO
Harrison Freebird

New Bern, NC

#54521 May 8, 2014
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you crawl back in your bottle and pull the cork in behind you sh1tbird......
So angry you seem. All the years of being a night watchman have certainly taken a toll huh. Must be extremely difficult at your age to be in the obvious rut which you've fallen in old timer. To bad the old hen at home can't help ($) out just a bit to ease things up for you.
All my best, your pal HF.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 17 min WildWeirdWillie 51,730
Skype gay sex (Dec '14) 3 hr c840xba 26
shuh up meathead! 3 hr Doctor REALITY 1
NJ Home Remodeling Contractors Information by P... 4 hr Pangione Developers 1
How many MILLIONS of MEXICAN MEN R N in U.S. IL... 4 hr Doctor REALITY 8
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr Gabriel 991,936
News FBI is investigating the Clinton Foundation, so... 6 hr Retribution 88
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 hr Michael 693,160
More from around the web