ye olde village pub
Dale_Harris

Johannesburg, South Africa

#54449 May 5, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
Good afternoon friendlies
Just got back from the stable yard. Spartan's looking much better, they're no longer keeping him inside. He goes out to the field with the rest of the horses again, so I'm happy. I still don't know what was wrong with him though. Guess it'll remain a mystery
Hope you're all having a good day so far
Hey Ruby this is great news to hear that Spartan is on the road to recovery. YAY! Bless his heart. He can get to run and play with his buddies in the field. Thank you so much for letting us know.
Dale_Harris

#54450 May 5, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
Morning friendlies
Back to work today. Things are already crazy, work has piled up during last week, so I have quite a bit of work to catch up on. But that's ok, I'm sure I'll get it done quickly if I stay off the internet for a while, lol.
Hope you'd all have a good start to the week
Hi Ruby, yes definitely back to with a "bang" that wakes a person up. It is only 10:00am and I have been to the post office and to the bank, come back and made endless cups of tea and coffee (our lady is off as she has a court case) for 2 x meetings. So yes, back to normality with rather a rude awakening. I am going to vote early when the tolls open like 7:00am then it leaves me Wednesday to do what I want and not stand in the voting queue for the whole day. They say that "if" everyone that is going to vote DA does vote. then we will take Jo'burg. Somehow I have my doubts Ruby but miracles have been known to happen so perhaps we will have a miracle.
Dale_Harris

#54451 May 5, 2014
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>r fresh water is on my diet. I don't know about shellfish. Luckily I am an av id fisherman. I hit the local lakes/ponds and rivers for the Bluegill(a type of perch/Sunfish)and catfish.Instead of ham/bacon see about tenderlion.porokchops,a "white meat" as it is advetised here. Very close to chicken/turkey in nutrients and protiens with similar fats contents(I think).... Ya might wanna check. But on a limited diet the taste variety is important to the chewer. You REALLY get tired of the same old 4-5-6 things you can safely eat. Spices help but are a limited substitute..... Experiment...CAREFULLY. then if a food suits you enjoy. With allergies one must be careful so exercise a bit of caution as hyou're not sure what will trigger a reaction.... Good luck and Bon Appetite.
Hi Okimar
I am getting there slowly. I cannot have any sea food ie prams, lobster anything that lives in a shell. Regular sea water fish I am allowed, but we live inland and fish is hellishly expensive so I do not have it often. I can get tinned fish (not ideal) but that is pretty reasonable and they have specials on fish often. I am allowed pork (but very limited), chicken with no skim. This week I am now allowed to add tomatoes to my salad but I have to do without the onion in my salad. Either one or the other. I find that I am going more for fresh salads than cooked veg. That will come when the cold winter arrives in June/July and August.
Dale_Harris

#54452 May 5, 2014
Mistake - prawns not prams. Apologies.
Dale_Harris

#54453 May 5, 2014
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>It was okay, if one declines to count the crying jag I went on for the first hour of work....went all week, and my three days off, without crying over the loss of my elder son three years ago, but it all fell on my head when I got to the job.
After I took a fifteen minute break, though, I was fine.
Thanks for the well-wishes...hope yours was great too!!
Hey Shovelhead
I am soooooo sorry to read about your son. You have every right to cry and people must get to understand how things are for you.
My Mum lost a child at 3 years and 3 months and she never came to terms with it. She had bad days and good days but it was always there. So I do understand how you feel. I lost someone very dear to me a few years back and it left such a void in my life - I was never the same person after that.
I wish you happiness, enjoyment and most of all I wish you the strength to see this through and to come out the other side calm and healed .I cannot say anything else.
Love
xxxx
PS I went for "grief" councelling and I take meds as it affected me badly.

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#54455 May 5, 2014
Dale_Harris wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Shovelhead
I am soooooo sorry to read about your son. You have every right to cry and people must get to understand how things are for you.
My Mum lost a child at 3 years and 3 months and she never came to terms with it. She had bad days and good days but it was always there. So I do understand how you feel. I lost someone very dear to me a few years back and it left such a void in my life - I was never the same person after that.
I wish you happiness, enjoyment and most of all I wish you the strength to see this through and to come out the other side calm and healed .I cannot say anything else.
Love
xxxx
PS I went for "grief" councelling and I take meds as it affected me badly.
Thank you sweet lady. I went to grief counseling for about 5 months, and chickened out when it got to the hard part....the counselor told me to write a "loss timeline" of all the losses in my life, and I just couldn't ever find the time to focus on that....so I quit going. However, I don't do any medication- just a lot of meditation. It seems to help. But I don't think I'll ever "come to terms with it," whatever that means...I think about my son all the time, and wish for him daily, even after three years. Sometimes it feels like 20 minutes....and then I cry.

He was 23. Thank God I have another one, who turns 24 this year. And my older son's friends have adopted me - including his widow, with whom I've become very close since.(We were not friends before he died....in fact we pretty much loathed each other....but now that we don't have him to tussle over, we get along great. Odd how that works.)

Have a great day, hon. I plan to.

")
Dale_Harris

#54456 May 5, 2014
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you sweet lady. I went to grief counseling for about 5 months, and chickened out when it got to the hard part....the counselor told me to write a "loss timeline" of all the losses in my life, and I just couldn't ever find the time to focus on that....so I quit going. However, I don't do any medication- just a lot of meditation. It seems to help. But I don't think I'll ever "come to terms with it," whatever that means...I think about my son all the time, and wish for him daily, even after three years. Sometimes it feels like 20 minutes....and then I cry.
He was 23. Thank God I have another one, who turns 24 this year. And my older son's friends have adopted me - including his widow, with whom I've become very close since.(We were not friends before he died....in fact we pretty much loathed each other....but now that we don't have him to tussle over, we get along great. Odd how that works.)
")
Hey Shovelhead
Well somethings have a way of working out and this worked out for you and his widow. You are now very close and you have one another. I think that is really great. Hang in there Shovelhead you are going to be just fine. Take it one day at a time.
Cheers have a good day and enjoy it!
Dale_Harris

#54457 May 5, 2014
Hey Rube I think I missed you. Have a good evening I hope you are doing something enjoyable! Speak soon.

“100% Princess”

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#54458 May 5, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess it just depends on what we happen to be talking about.
Might I suggest watching Captain Ron to pick up some tips?
LOL. I'll try to fit it in between American Idol and the Voice....LOL

“100% Princess”

and totally harmless

#54459 May 5, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I'm so late responding, but I missed it the first time 'round.
Even though Billy weighs quite a few pounds, touching off powder and shot will make him jump, Hence the name.
He happens to be aboard because I use it for signaling in and out of port. My 'audable warning device' as required.
Then too, it is fun to throw a ball a half mile or so. Just don't let them see ya.
No worries Ed. LOL
Harrison Freebird

New Bern, NC

#54460 May 5, 2014
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you sweet lady. I went to grief counseling for about 5 months, and chickened out when it got to the hard part....the counselor told me to write a "loss timeline" of all the losses in my life, and I just couldn't ever find the time to focus on that....so I quit going. However, I don't do any medication- just a lot of meditation. It seems to help. But I don't think I'll ever "come to terms with it," whatever that means...I think about my son all the time, and wish for him daily, even after three years. Sometimes it feels like 20 minutes....and then I cry.
")
Well lets just all get oui' gooie and have a hand ringing party. We can all play "who's got the saddest story" and the winner gets a case of Kleenex..........excuse me folks for a moment..........think I'm about to tear up too..........

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#54461 May 5, 2014
I have a shitload of work to do, but couldn't do any of it today. The system we work on is undergoing maintenance. I hope it's back online again tomorrow, because it's stressing me out not being able to finish this amount of work, and every day just adds more to it...

Oh well, I'll get through this too. Just have to soldier on, lol

Hope you're all having a better Monday

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#54462 May 5, 2014
Good morning Shove, Dale, Ruby, Princess, Ed, Oki, Rotor and all friendlies ... had a fantastic weekend and hope yall did as well ... It's a beautiful morning so I'll head out & play with the pups before I get ready to leave in about an hour ... Wishing you all a fantastic day! Hearts ~ FC <3 ...

“100% Princess”

and totally harmless

#54464 May 5, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
Good morning Shove, Dale, Ruby, Princess, Ed, Oki, Rotor and all friendlies ... had a fantastic weekend and hope yall did as well ... It's a beautiful morning so I'll head out & play with the pups before I get ready to leave in about an hour ... Wishing you all a fantastic day! Hearts ~ FC <3 ...
Hi Flower. Sorry I missed you. Guess I'll catch up with you somewhere else...lol.

It's shaping up to be a supercalifragilistic sort of day here. Work is progressing nicely on the yard--thinking of mulching around the bird feeder poles and adding an oriole feeding station. Anyway, gotta get to it.

Hearts and hugs and happiness to all....

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#54465 May 5, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
Glad to see you're in such a wonderful mood, it being Monday and all, lol. Hugs

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#54466 May 5, 2014
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Flower. Sorry I missed you. Guess I'll catch up with you somewhere else...lol.
It's shaping up to be a supercalifragilistic sort of day here. Work is progressing nicely on the yard--thinking of mulching around the bird feeder poles and adding an oriole feeding station. Anyway, gotta get to it.
Hearts and hugs and happiness to all....
Thank you, hearts and hugs right back atcha :D

Hope you're having fun (or had?) with the bird feeder poles and feeding station

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#54467 May 5, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
I have a shitload of work to do, but couldn't do any of it today. The system we work on is undergoing maintenance. I hope it's back online again tomorrow, because it's stressing me out not being able to finish this amount of work, and every day just adds more to it...
Oh well, I'll get through this too. Just have to soldier on, lol
Hope you're all having a better Monday
It's my Friday - and it's going to be great!!

Soldier on, and have a nice chocolate fudge sundae when you get off work, to reward yourself for making it through the day without losing your cool.

")

“100% Princess”

and totally harmless

#54468 May 5, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, hearts and hugs right back atcha :D
Hope you're having fun (or had?) with the bird feeder poles and feeding station
Hi Ruby, just a stop by during lunch--what's lunch without a stop at your favorite pub, right?

Anyway, hope all is well in So. Africa.

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#54469 May 5, 2014
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>It's my Friday - and it's going to be great!!
Soldier on, and have a nice chocolate fudge sundae when you get off work, to reward yourself for making it through the day without losing your cool.
")
Fridays are always nice, no matter what day it actually falls on (does that make sense at all? Lol). Enjoy your break. Chocolate fudge sundae huh? Sounds delicious!:D
Dale_Harris

#54471 May 5, 2014
Morning Everyone
Happy Tuesday. Here's hoping you all have a great day.
Hey Ruby I hope you got your computer sorted out and can get your work done today. That is just so frustrating.
Winter arrived this morning. It is dark, overcast and freezing cold. Yuk, Yuk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 9 min Legendary Karma 444,032
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 10 min Neville Thompson 624
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Dan 595,646
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 14 min waaasssuuup 5,762
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 16 min Truths 612,581
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min I Am No One_ 853,088
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 22 min Just Think 100,624
The Christian Atheist debate 9 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 726
More from around the web