ye olde village pub

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#54455 May 5, 2014
Dale_Harris wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Shovelhead
I am soooooo sorry to read about your son. You have every right to cry and people must get to understand how things are for you.
My Mum lost a child at 3 years and 3 months and she never came to terms with it. She had bad days and good days but it was always there. So I do understand how you feel. I lost someone very dear to me a few years back and it left such a void in my life - I was never the same person after that.
I wish you happiness, enjoyment and most of all I wish you the strength to see this through and to come out the other side calm and healed .I cannot say anything else.
Love
xxxx
PS I went for "grief" councelling and I take meds as it affected me badly.
Thank you sweet lady. I went to grief counseling for about 5 months, and chickened out when it got to the hard part....the counselor told me to write a "loss timeline" of all the losses in my life, and I just couldn't ever find the time to focus on that....so I quit going. However, I don't do any medication- just a lot of meditation. It seems to help. But I don't think I'll ever "come to terms with it," whatever that means...I think about my son all the time, and wish for him daily, even after three years. Sometimes it feels like 20 minutes....and then I cry.

He was 23. Thank God I have another one, who turns 24 this year. And my older son's friends have adopted me - including his widow, with whom I've become very close since.(We were not friends before he died....in fact we pretty much loathed each other....but now that we don't have him to tussle over, we get along great. Odd how that works.)

Have a great day, hon. I plan to.

")
Dale_Harris

Krugersdorp, South Africa

#54456 May 5, 2014
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you sweet lady. I went to grief counseling for about 5 months, and chickened out when it got to the hard part....the counselor told me to write a "loss timeline" of all the losses in my life, and I just couldn't ever find the time to focus on that....so I quit going. However, I don't do any medication- just a lot of meditation. It seems to help. But I don't think I'll ever "come to terms with it," whatever that means...I think about my son all the time, and wish for him daily, even after three years. Sometimes it feels like 20 minutes....and then I cry.
He was 23. Thank God I have another one, who turns 24 this year. And my older son's friends have adopted me - including his widow, with whom I've become very close since.(We were not friends before he died....in fact we pretty much loathed each other....but now that we don't have him to tussle over, we get along great. Odd how that works.)
")
Hey Shovelhead
Well somethings have a way of working out and this worked out for you and his widow. You are now very close and you have one another. I think that is really great. Hang in there Shovelhead you are going to be just fine. Take it one day at a time.
Cheers have a good day and enjoy it!
Dale_Harris

#54457 May 5, 2014
Hey Rube I think I missed you. Have a good evening I hope you are doing something enjoyable! Speak soon.

“100% Princess”

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#54458 May 5, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess it just depends on what we happen to be talking about.
Might I suggest watching Captain Ron to pick up some tips?
LOL. I'll try to fit it in between American Idol and the Voice....LOL

“100% Princess”

and totally harmless

#54459 May 5, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I'm so late responding, but I missed it the first time 'round.
Even though Billy weighs quite a few pounds, touching off powder and shot will make him jump, Hence the name.
He happens to be aboard because I use it for signaling in and out of port. My 'audable warning device' as required.
Then too, it is fun to throw a ball a half mile or so. Just don't let them see ya.
No worries Ed. LOL
Harrison Freebird

New Bern, NC

#54460 May 5, 2014
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you sweet lady. I went to grief counseling for about 5 months, and chickened out when it got to the hard part....the counselor told me to write a "loss timeline" of all the losses in my life, and I just couldn't ever find the time to focus on that....so I quit going. However, I don't do any medication- just a lot of meditation. It seems to help. But I don't think I'll ever "come to terms with it," whatever that means...I think about my son all the time, and wish for him daily, even after three years. Sometimes it feels like 20 minutes....and then I cry.
")
Well lets just all get oui' gooie and have a hand ringing party. We can all play "who's got the saddest story" and the winner gets a case of Kleenex..........excuse me folks for a moment..........think I'm about to tear up too..........

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#54461 May 5, 2014
I have a shitload of work to do, but couldn't do any of it today. The system we work on is undergoing maintenance. I hope it's back online again tomorrow, because it's stressing me out not being able to finish this amount of work, and every day just adds more to it...

Oh well, I'll get through this too. Just have to soldier on, lol

Hope you're all having a better Monday

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#54462 May 5, 2014
Good morning Shove, Dale, Ruby, Princess, Ed, Oki, Rotor and all friendlies ... had a fantastic weekend and hope yall did as well ... It's a beautiful morning so I'll head out & play with the pups before I get ready to leave in about an hour ... Wishing you all a fantastic day! Hearts ~ FC <3 ...

“100% Princess”

and totally harmless

#54464 May 5, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
Good morning Shove, Dale, Ruby, Princess, Ed, Oki, Rotor and all friendlies ... had a fantastic weekend and hope yall did as well ... It's a beautiful morning so I'll head out & play with the pups before I get ready to leave in about an hour ... Wishing you all a fantastic day! Hearts ~ FC <3 ...
Hi Flower. Sorry I missed you. Guess I'll catch up with you somewhere else...lol.

It's shaping up to be a supercalifragilistic sort of day here. Work is progressing nicely on the yard--thinking of mulching around the bird feeder poles and adding an oriole feeding station. Anyway, gotta get to it.

Hearts and hugs and happiness to all....

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#54465 May 5, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
Glad to see you're in such a wonderful mood, it being Monday and all, lol. Hugs

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#54466 May 5, 2014
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Flower. Sorry I missed you. Guess I'll catch up with you somewhere else...lol.
It's shaping up to be a supercalifragilistic sort of day here. Work is progressing nicely on the yard--thinking of mulching around the bird feeder poles and adding an oriole feeding station. Anyway, gotta get to it.
Hearts and hugs and happiness to all....
Thank you, hearts and hugs right back atcha :D

Hope you're having fun (or had?) with the bird feeder poles and feeding station

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#54467 May 5, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
I have a shitload of work to do, but couldn't do any of it today. The system we work on is undergoing maintenance. I hope it's back online again tomorrow, because it's stressing me out not being able to finish this amount of work, and every day just adds more to it...
Oh well, I'll get through this too. Just have to soldier on, lol
Hope you're all having a better Monday
It's my Friday - and it's going to be great!!

Soldier on, and have a nice chocolate fudge sundae when you get off work, to reward yourself for making it through the day without losing your cool.

")

“100% Princess”

and totally harmless

#54468 May 5, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, hearts and hugs right back atcha :D
Hope you're having fun (or had?) with the bird feeder poles and feeding station
Hi Ruby, just a stop by during lunch--what's lunch without a stop at your favorite pub, right?

Anyway, hope all is well in So. Africa.

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#54469 May 5, 2014
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>It's my Friday - and it's going to be great!!
Soldier on, and have a nice chocolate fudge sundae when you get off work, to reward yourself for making it through the day without losing your cool.
")
Fridays are always nice, no matter what day it actually falls on (does that make sense at all? Lol). Enjoy your break. Chocolate fudge sundae huh? Sounds delicious!:D
Dale_Harris

#54471 May 5, 2014
Morning Everyone
Happy Tuesday. Here's hoping you all have a great day.
Hey Ruby I hope you got your computer sorted out and can get your work done today. That is just so frustrating.
Winter arrived this morning. It is dark, overcast and freezing cold. Yuk, Yuk.

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#54472 May 5, 2014
Good morning friendlies

Dale, the system is still unavailable. I hope they get it fixed soon, I hate having so much to do and no way of doing it. And I need to read in a "work order" for a leaking water tank too but can't access the system so I can't even do THAT. Well, there's nothing I can do about it, will just have to wait it out and hope for the best.....

One of my colleagues invited me to drive around with him today. Will have to ask permission though, because I'm not supposed to be driving around, I'm supposed to be in my office, to deal with public complaints

It's quiet though so I don't think it'll be a problem. But gotta ask nonetheless

Hope you would all have a wonderful Tuesday. We get to sleep in a teensy bit tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to that. I woke up at 02:30 this morning but luckily went back to sleep easily. Woke up again a few minutes before the alarm clock went off. And couldn't fall asleep for just a few minutes so I just enjoyed the warmth of my bed for a little while longer.
Dale_Harris

#54473 May 5, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
Good morning friendlies
Dale, the system is still unavailable. I hope they get it fixed soon, I hate having so much to do and no way of doing it. And I need to read in a "work order" for a leaking water tank too but can't access the system so I can't even do THAT. Well, there's nothing I can do about it, will just have to wait it out and hope for the best.....
One of my colleagues invited me to drive around with him today. Will have to ask permission though, because I'm not supposed to be driving around, I'm supposed to be in my office, to deal with public complaints
It's quiet though so I don't think it'll be a problem. But gotta ask nonetheless
Hope you would all have a wonderful Tuesday. We get to sleep in a teensy bit tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to that. I woke up at 02:30 this morning but luckily went back to sleep easily. Woke up again a few minutes before the alarm clock went off. And couldn't fall asleep for just a few minutes so I just enjoyed the warmth of my bed for a little while longer.
Hi Ruby
Yes I can understand how you feel about the work getting done, but you cannot do it because of the system not working. With a bit of luck you will be given permission to "drive around" today. Makes a change!! Have fun.

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#54474 May 6, 2014
Good news! The system is back up and running! Now to get started on this mountain of work.

My colleague has to supervise the workers somewhere so we won't be driving around, but we are meeting for coffee at lunch time.
Dale_Harris

#54475 May 6, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
Good news! The system is back up and running! Now to get started on this mountain of work.
My colleague has to supervise the workers somewhere so we won't be driving around, but we are meeting for coffee at lunch time.
Great news Ruby. Now you can get your work done. I do not like sitting around doing nothing. The day drags by. I have been quite busy yesterday and today. It is the Public Holidays catching up with me. I found that I was waking up in the morning saying "Do I go to work today or do I sleep late?" Do you guys have a Canteen for the staff? We used to but we moved office buildings so now we have to bring from home.

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#54476 May 6, 2014
Dale_Harris wrote:
<quoted text>
Great news Ruby. Now you can get your work done. I do not like sitting around doing nothing. The day drags by. I have been quite busy yesterday and today. It is the Public Holidays catching up with me. I found that I was waking up in the morning saying "Do I go to work today or do I sleep late?" Do you guys have a Canteen for the staff? We used to but we moved office buildings so now we have to bring from home.
Work done! Yes, I work fast XD

No, we don't have a canteen. If you want coffee here, you have to bring your own cup, your own coffee, sugar and milk. And we don't do that because the f*ckers steal the milk out of the fridge. It's much easier to just go to the mall if you really want coffee. I work opposite a McDonalds and the mall so all I have to do is walk across the street. We went to Wimpy

Now I'm bored...Go figure! Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min kent 687,414
bathing nephew (Apr '16) 4 min tom 5
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min another viewer 987,420
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 8 min dotard tracker 31,587
Trump: "Get that Son of a B- - - - off the fiel... 10 min Think out Loud 3
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr Prophet Meowmed 39,264
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Prophet Meowmed 286,598
More from around the web