ye olde village pub

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#54432 May 1, 2014
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Do you use real black powder or one of the substitutes? I use real black powder in my rifles/pistols but buy on sale pyrodex for the cannon. There are several new substitutes now on the market. Triple 7,Trail Boss and some others. If you have trouble finding the real stuff these aren't too bad. A lot of places around here no longer carry real black powder. I have found several sources in a magazine called Muzzle Blasts. A publication put out out by Nat'l Muzzle Loading Riifle Assoc.
Pyrodex is my choice. Burns good, not to hard to clean up the barrel. Most importantly, it's available too.

Location hidden

#54433 May 1, 2014
As if it's not expensive enough to take a trip with the family car, now they want to put tolls on federal interstates too.
when do the walls go up to keep us contained?

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#54434 May 1, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
As if it's not expensive enough to take a trip with the family car, now they want to put tolls on federal interstates too.
when do the walls go up to keep us contained?
Soon....very soon.

Like right after the mid-term elections.
...they say Obama wants a third term...

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#54435 May 1, 2014
The Husband Song

"I don't take no crap (from anybody else but you)
"And I wear the pants around here (when I'm done with your laundry)
"'Cuz I'm a guy you don't wanna fight - when I say 'jump' you say 'yeah, right.'
"I'm the man of this house (til you get home)

"What I say around here goes (right out the window)
"And I don't wanna hear a lotta whining (so I'll shut up)
"The sooner you learn who's boss around here, the sooner you can give me my orders, dear...
"Yeah, I'm head honcho 'round here, when I'm all alone

"And I can have sex anytime (that you want it...)
"Cuz I'm a man who has needs (but they're not that important....)
"You won't be getting any flowers from me,'cuz if I'm not mistaken, you prefer jewelry....
"I'm the king of this castle....when you're not around

"And I'll drink and watch sports when ever I wanna (get in trouble,,)
"And I'll come home when I'm good and ready (to sleep on the couch...)
"Cuz a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do, and I'm gonna do what you tell me to....
"Cuz I'm top dog around here....but I've been neutered....."

BAhaahahahahahahahahahahaha!!

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#54436 May 1, 2014
shovelhead72 wrote:
The Husband Song
Excellent! Thanks for sharing. LOL
Dale_Harris

Cape Town, South Africa

#54437 May 1, 2014
shovelhead72 wrote:
The Husband Song
"I don't take no crap (from anybody else but you)
"And I wear the pants around here (when I'm done with your laundry)
"'Cuz I'm a guy you don't wanna fight - when I say 'jump' you say 'yeah, right.'
"I'm the man of this house (til you get home)
"What I say around here goes (right out the window)
"And I don't wanna hear a lotta whining (so I'll shut up)
"The sooner you learn who's boss around here, the sooner you can give me my orders, dear...
"Yeah, I'm head honcho 'round here, when I'm all alone
"And I can have sex anytime (that you want it...)
"Cuz I'm a man who has needs (but they're not that important....)
"You won't be getting any flowers from me,'cuz if I'm not mistaken, you prefer jewelry....
"I'm the king of this castle....when you're not around
"And I'll drink and watch sports when ever I wanna (get in trouble,,)
"And I'll come home when I'm good and ready (to sleep on the couch...)
"Cuz a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do, and I'm gonna do what you tell me to....
"Cuz I'm top dog around here....but I've been neutered....."
BAhaahahahahahahahahahahaha!!
I just love this. Thank you for posting it. Hope you had a great day yesterday.
Dale_Harris

Cape Town, South Africa

#54439 May 2, 2014
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Canister,shells,ect pertain to the type of ammunition used. Canister is a bag of 1/2" lead balls fixed on a wooden base. Shells or shrapnel is an exploding type that scatters fragments all around when it blows uo. Solid shot is as the name implies. Just a big iron ball,used to batter things. Unlike much of today's modern ammo,cannon back then used separate loading ammo. That means the powder,in a bag,was loaded(from the front of the barrel) first then a shell,or "round" was next. a ramrod was used to tamp or pack it down in the barrel. At the rear of the cannon a fuse was inserted in a hole of the barrel to ignite the powder inside thus firing the round.
When I was in tyhe U.S. Marines I was an artilleryman. We used to drill all the time,setting up our guns and practice loading/firing without live ammo to increase speed and make t5he steps in the procedure an automatic reflex. We called it the Cannoneer's Hop. Monotonous but necessary.
Thanks for the explanation Okimar. I understand now.
Dale_Harris

Cape Town, South Africa

#54440 May 2, 2014
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Not diabetic but could become if not careful. Sooooo,I watch my diet. A low carb diet is my new norm. While I have a wide variety of foods that are okay,potatoes aren't. And I really love my spuds. LOL As it is I can have a very small serving on occasion. Like you,anything green/leafy is on the list. As are all meats/fish/seafoods. I'll be looking soon for the dandelion leaves for a salad. Rich in iron and tasty with a nutty flavor I love them in the spring. A sprinkle of bacon bits and some homemade oil/vinegar dressing and lunch is ready. Can you have pork? You know,the OTHER ewhite meat. Pork chops/steaks? Ham/bacon?
Hi Okimar
Your salad with dandelion leaves sounds awesome. I adore fresh salads.
NO POTATOES for me either. Yes I can have ham and bacon (in very small serving). I am allowed to have a pork chop once per week with the fat cut off (so for Sunday lunch I shall make that ). I will have with some vegetables as chickpeas and I are not a marriage made in heaven. I am allowed the country mix which is broculli, carrots, a few peas and green beans and pumpkin.So I know what I am eating on Sunday lunch time LOL The Dr said no sea foods WHATSOEVER as they are allergy making foods. Also peanuts I cannot have.
Dale_Harris

Cape Town, South Africa

#54441 May 2, 2014
Good Morning to everyone

I hope you all have a very happy day (IT IS FRIDAY YAY!!!!!)
We only have Wednesday left as a public holiday and we must all go and vote!! Then we may be able to get back to normality. All these public holidays are not good for the economy of this country.
Smile, laugh and be happy!!!(It is supposed to be good for your soul.)

Location hidden

#54442 May 2, 2014
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>So why is Billy on Ed's boat and another thing--why is he jumping around? That makes absolutely no sense. But I'm sure you and Ed can explain it. So, like I said, I gotta go watch some Gibbs...
XOXO
Sorry I'm so late responding, but I missed it the first time 'round.
Even though Billy weighs quite a few pounds, touching off powder and shot will make him jump, Hence the name.
He happens to be aboard because I use it for signaling in and out of port. My 'audable warning device' as required.
Then too, it is fun to throw a ball a half mile or so. Just don't let them see ya.
Dale_Harris

Krugersdorp, South Africa

#54443 May 2, 2014
Well Ruby the next time we speak it should be Monday. I hope you enjoyed your leave and that you got to see Spartan and spoil him a bit.

Have a great weekend everyone.

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#54444 May 2, 2014
Dale_Harris wrote:
<quoted text>
I just love this. Thank you for posting it. Hope you had a great day yesterday.
It was okay, if one declines to count the crying jag I went on for the first hour of work....went all week, and my three days off, without crying over the loss of my elder son three years ago, but it all fell on my head when I got to the job.

After I took a fifteen minute break, though, I was fine.

Thanks for the well-wishes...hope yours was great too!!

“Hello Trump”

Since: Jan 07

Goodby Hillary

#54445 May 2, 2014
Dale_Harris wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Okimar
Your salad with dandelion leaves sounds awesome. I adore fresh salads.
NO POTATOES for me either. Yes I can have ham and bacon (in very small serving). I am allowed to have a pork chop once per week with the fat cut off (so for Sunday lunch I shall make that ). I will have with some vegetables as chickpeas and I are not a marriage made in heaven. I am allowed the country mix which is broculli, carrots, a few peas and green beans and pumpkin.So I know what I am eating on Sunday lunch time LOL The Dr said no sea foods WHATSOEVER as they are allergy making foods. Also peanuts I cannot have.
r fresh water is on my diet. I don't know about shellfish. Luckily I am an av id fisherman. I hit the local lakes/ponds and rivers for the Bluegill(a type of perch/Sunfish)and catfish.Instead of ham/bacon see about tenderlion.porokchops,a "white meat" as it is advetised here. Very close to chicken/turkey in nutrients and protiens with similar fats contents(I think).... Ya might wanna check. But on a limited diet the taste variety is important to the chewer. You REALLY get tired of the same old 4-5-6 things you can safely eat. Spices help but are a limited substitute..... Experiment...CAREFULLY. then if a food suits you enjoy. With allergies one must be careful so exercise a bit of caution as hyou're not sure what will trigger a reaction.... Good luck and Bon Appetite.

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#54446 May 4, 2014
Good afternoon friendlies

Just got back from the stable yard. Spartan's looking much better, they're no longer keeping him inside. He goes out to the field with the rest of the horses again, so I'm happy. I still don't know what was wrong with him though. Guess it'll remain a mystery

Hope you're all having a good day so far

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#54447 May 4, 2014
Morning friendlies

Back to work today. Things are already crazy, work has piled up during last week, so I have quite a bit of work to catch up on. But that's ok, I'm sure I'll get it done quickly if I stay off the internet for a while, lol.

Hope you'd all have a good start to the week
Dale_Harris

#54449 May 5, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
Good afternoon friendlies
Just got back from the stable yard. Spartan's looking much better, they're no longer keeping him inside. He goes out to the field with the rest of the horses again, so I'm happy. I still don't know what was wrong with him though. Guess it'll remain a mystery
Hope you're all having a good day so far
Hey Ruby this is great news to hear that Spartan is on the road to recovery. YAY! Bless his heart. He can get to run and play with his buddies in the field. Thank you so much for letting us know.
Dale_Harris

#54450 May 5, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
Morning friendlies
Back to work today. Things are already crazy, work has piled up during last week, so I have quite a bit of work to catch up on. But that's ok, I'm sure I'll get it done quickly if I stay off the internet for a while, lol.
Hope you'd all have a good start to the week
Hi Ruby, yes definitely back to with a "bang" that wakes a person up. It is only 10:00am and I have been to the post office and to the bank, come back and made endless cups of tea and coffee (our lady is off as she has a court case) for 2 x meetings. So yes, back to normality with rather a rude awakening. I am going to vote early when the tolls open like 7:00am then it leaves me Wednesday to do what I want and not stand in the voting queue for the whole day. They say that "if" everyone that is going to vote DA does vote. then we will take Jo'burg. Somehow I have my doubts Ruby but miracles have been known to happen so perhaps we will have a miracle.
Dale_Harris

#54451 May 5, 2014
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>r fresh water is on my diet. I don't know about shellfish. Luckily I am an av id fisherman. I hit the local lakes/ponds and rivers for the Bluegill(a type of perch/Sunfish)and catfish.Instead of ham/bacon see about tenderlion.porokchops,a "white meat" as it is advetised here. Very close to chicken/turkey in nutrients and protiens with similar fats contents(I think).... Ya might wanna check. But on a limited diet the taste variety is important to the chewer. You REALLY get tired of the same old 4-5-6 things you can safely eat. Spices help but are a limited substitute..... Experiment...CAREFULLY. then if a food suits you enjoy. With allergies one must be careful so exercise a bit of caution as hyou're not sure what will trigger a reaction.... Good luck and Bon Appetite.
Hi Okimar
I am getting there slowly. I cannot have any sea food ie prams, lobster anything that lives in a shell. Regular sea water fish I am allowed, but we live inland and fish is hellishly expensive so I do not have it often. I can get tinned fish (not ideal) but that is pretty reasonable and they have specials on fish often. I am allowed pork (but very limited), chicken with no skim. This week I am now allowed to add tomatoes to my salad but I have to do without the onion in my salad. Either one or the other. I find that I am going more for fresh salads than cooked veg. That will come when the cold winter arrives in June/July and August.
Dale_Harris

#54452 May 5, 2014
Mistake - prawns not prams. Apologies.
Dale_Harris

#54453 May 5, 2014
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>It was okay, if one declines to count the crying jag I went on for the first hour of work....went all week, and my three days off, without crying over the loss of my elder son three years ago, but it all fell on my head when I got to the job.
After I took a fifteen minute break, though, I was fine.
Thanks for the well-wishes...hope yours was great too!!
Hey Shovelhead
I am soooooo sorry to read about your son. You have every right to cry and people must get to understand how things are for you.
My Mum lost a child at 3 years and 3 months and she never came to terms with it. She had bad days and good days but it was always there. So I do understand how you feel. I lost someone very dear to me a few years back and it left such a void in my life - I was never the same person after that.
I wish you happiness, enjoyment and most of all I wish you the strength to see this through and to come out the other side calm and healed .I cannot say anything else.
Love
xxxx
PS I went for "grief" councelling and I take meds as it affected me badly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Pres Donald J Tru... 122,617
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min onemale 286,424
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Lyndi 6,512
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 23 min confrinting with ... 681,514
O.J. and Paula...June 11,1994: Malice Aforethou... 41 min Pres Donald J Tru... 9
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Here For Now 619,432
Why are most white people so arrogant? (Apr '10) 8 hr Daniel 1,024
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 hr Gabriel 982,157
More from around the web