ye olde village pub
Dale_Harris

Cape Town, South Africa

#54264 Apr 21, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
Good morning friendlies
Wow, what a weekend!
I saw my boy on Friday and again yesterday. I was informed on Friday that something's off with him. Apparently he looked like he's going to fall over (he was off balance) and when I got there he was walking very stiff. I don't know if it's his age getting to him now but I'm worried about him. He eats his grass and ate a few carrots too so he's not TOO sick. I just hope it doesn't happen again, my mind's going crazy with what could've caused it. I'm going to ask for some advice on the horse forum I'm on to see what the other horsey people say. I'm probably going to be "yelled" at because I didn't get the vet out but I'm ready for it, I'll just take it on the chin
Hey Rube

Firstly. Ignore that Harrison okie. Don't even reply he is not worth it. Nasty individual!

Happy to hear that you had a grand weekend. Wonderful. Yes we had a restful and kind of different weekend and it was most enjoyable. We went to Easter dinner at my friend and had roast lamb which we have not had in yonks. Delicious. I am proud to say that I have "everything" and I mean |everything" up to date on the laundry division. Not an item was left in the washing hamper. All done and packed away. What a relief. Whew!

Watch Spartan as it is getting colder in the mornings and he may be getting stiff from the cold (cause he is not so young) and the cold affects older animals. I am happy that you spent some time with him. That is great.

I hope you have a brilliant week and I will pop back in today sometime. Have a good one!
Dale_Harris

Cape Town, South Africa

#54265 Apr 21, 2014
Good Morning Everyone

I hope that you all enjoyed the Easter break and had fun and enjoyed yourselves. I did not watch the Boston Marathon mainly because I do not get that channel on my TV but I heard from people it went very well. Jolly good.

Still have to update myself on the Malaysian flight. BUT I think that Bluefin 21 has not been able to locate the wreckage. Those poor relatives left behind. Also the Korean ferry was a disaster. Gosh what sadness.

I hope that you all have a really great day/evening and enjoy yourselves. Now I need to get into work-mode. Not that easy after 4 days of lazing around!

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#54267 Apr 22, 2014

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#54268 Apr 22, 2014
hick_up wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't make a habit of crapping where I eat ...
It'll be the same here Ed ...those with the authority will have no problem taking a bead on the American people, as was just evidenced here ...
Do you remember the Ohio State Massacre? If I'm not mistaken, it was the original school shooting. At times like this, I wish gov people would stick with what they're good at ...thinking up reasons to take another day off ...with pay. Vice President's day??
Um....actually....

The earliest known United States shooting to happen on school property was the Pontiac's Rebellion school massacre on July 26, 1764, where four Lenape American Indians entered the schoolhouse near present-day Greencastle, Pennsylvania, shot and killed schoolmaster Enoch Brown, and killed nine or ten children (reports vary). Only three children survived.

Of course, survivors of Wounded Knee may disagree with Wikipedia in this regard....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_s...

Not to be uniformly disagreeable, but the 'first' American school shooting is a matter of opinion, depending on one's perspective of the phrase.
But in any case, it's not a 'new' phenomenon.

Just sayijn'.

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#54269 Apr 22, 2014
hick_up wrote:
<quoted text>?<quoted text>What you got?<quoted text>In that case he can graze his cows on my share.
He couldn't graze an ant farm on your (or my) share. It's owned jointly by every person in the United States.....and he doesn't have permission to use it without paying his grazing fees.

")

“100% Princess”

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#54270 Apr 22, 2014
Hi Ruby, Dale, Shovelhead, Hickup, Ed, Ricky, Flower, Oki, Rotor, John-boy, Mary Ellen--oops, sorry, wrong forum for those last names....

Hope you guys are having a good week so far. It's Tuesday--why is the weekend so very far away? Oh well, I guess we'll get there soon enough.

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#54271 Apr 22, 2014
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>How does that count compare to last years running? Is it more?
A little trivia, I used to run long distance and have run a marathon and several shorter roads races back in the day before I gave up running so much.
Quite a few more. They A "free pass to all the people that didn't get to finish last year.

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#54272 Apr 22, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
http://izquotes.com/quotes-pic tures/quote-only-two-things-ar e-infinite-the-universe-and-hu man-stupidity-and-i-m-not-sure -about-the-former-albert-einst ein-56412.jpg
LOL!

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#54273 Apr 22, 2014
Morning all.
Gonna be a rough one today. 2 1/2 hours sleep last night.(shoulder)
Ugggggg!
Dale_Harris

Cape Town, South Africa

#54274 Apr 22, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
Ok, question posted. Awaiting the tongue lashing...*cringes*
Ruby have you heard anything from the "horsey blog" and what they think you should be doing about Spartan. Don't take any rubbish from them though. Ha ha ha

This day is talking for ever. Roll on the 1 May 2014. ANOTHER PUBLIC HOLIDAY. Sleep late and do my own thing. YIPPEE.
Dale_Harris

Cape Town, South Africa

#54275 Apr 22, 2014
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
Hi Ruby, Dale, Shovelhead, Hickup, Ed, Ricky, Flower, Oki, Rotor, John-boy, Mary Ellen--oops, sorry, wrong forum for those last names....
Hope you guys are having a good week so far. It's Tuesday--why is the weekend so very far away? Oh well, I guess we'll get there soon enough.
Hey there Hitsrunprincess,

Yup, having a good week so far,(only one morning back and I am wanting out of here). Only 3.5 days to the weekend. LOL

Enjoy the afternoon until home time.
Dale_Harris

Cape Town, South Africa

#54276 Apr 22, 2014
Rotor Head wrote:
Morning all.
Gonna be a rough one today. 2 1/2 hours sleep last night.(shoulder)
Ugggggg!
Sounds like me but I actually got some sleep last night for the first time in weeks.

Rotor how do you operate with only 2.5 hours sleep. I am useless to the world!!!

“100% Princess”

and totally harmless

#54277 Apr 22, 2014
Dale_Harris wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey there Hitsrunprincess,
Yup, having a good week so far,(only one morning back and I am wanting out of here). Only 3.5 days to the weekend. LOL
Enjoy the afternoon until home time.
Glad it's a good week for you Dale. I figure any week you can walk away from is a good one... Just getting started with work here, I was out raking some grass in the yard, getting ready to toss it in the middles between rows in the garden--keeps down on weeding.

Hearts and hugs and weed free gardens.....

“100% Princess”

and totally harmless

#54278 Apr 22, 2014
Dale_Harris wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like me but I actually got some sleep last night for the first time in weeks.
Rotor how do you operate with only 2.5 hours sleep. I am useless to the world!!!
He's no doctor....lol
Harrison Freebird

New Bern, NC

#54279 Apr 22, 2014
Dale_Harris wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Ruby what meds are you on for your Bipolar. Not Cymgen or Cymbalta perhaps? Just wondered as we have the same condition.
You regular YOVP posters all seem to have a common bond with having multiple disorders of the mind and body huh?
Dale_Harris

Cape Town, South Africa

#54280 Apr 22, 2014
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>He's no doctor....lol
If he's no doctor then what is he? AMASING, I think to work after only 2.5 hours. I would be falling apart at the seams LOL
(I was useless when I was only getting the odd hours sleep of a night)
Dale_Harris

Cape Town, South Africa

#54281 Apr 22, 2014
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>Glad it's a good week for you Dale. I figure any week you can walk away from is a good one... Just getting started with work here, I was out raking some grass in the yard, getting ready to toss it in the middles between rows in the garden--keeps down on weeding.
Hearts and hugs and weed free gardens.....
Hey I found this creeper type plant with little purple/lilac flowers on it. Very pretty but it is taking over my flower beds. It seems to creep along and cover everything in its path. I need to get out there and do some cutting back of this plant. Have no idea what it is, but I have an idea that the Garden Centre sells it as ground cover. Comes out fairly easily so perhaps on 1 May 2014 (Another Public holiday) I shall get out there and pull it out. Leave some, but not all of it. My ferns and palms are starting to get covered as well.
Dale_Harris

Cape Town, South Africa

#54282 Apr 22, 2014
Harrison Freebird wrote:
<quoted text>You regular YOVP posters all seem to have a common bond with having multiple disorders of the mind and body huh?
We are "friends" on this thread and we share things. If you do not like what you read here, Walk on by. Find another place that suits you where people can appreciate what you have to say and you feel more comfortable.
Harrison Freebird

New Bern, NC

#54283 Apr 22, 2014
Dale_Harris wrote:
<quoted text>
We are "friends" on this thread and we share things. If you do not like what you read here, Walk on by. Find another place that suits you where people can appreciate what you have to say and you feel more comfortable.
Oh I'm very comfortable thank you. I just find it a hoot how you, Rotor, Ruby and others here like to discuss things like having personal mental disorders and other ailments on this particular public forum.
In your RW life do you go about telling strangers about being bipolar and all as you do here?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#54284 Apr 22, 2014
I'd appreciate greatly if somebody here would show me a Top Mod thread.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 5 min Mr Wiggley 15,716
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr BenAdam 983,095
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Mirrormirorwall 683,635
Kyrie makes it OFFICIAL: he's SICK of LeBron!!! 3 hr Mirrormirorwall 2
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 5 hr Mirrormirorwall 22
What did O.J. Simpson do with the murder weapon... 5 hr Mirrormirorwall 16
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr Jake999 619,689
More from around the web