ye olde village pub

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#54224 Apr 20, 2014
Ha Ha Dix wrote:
<quoted text>
People become friends here, they get comfortable, they let their hair down, and speak freely among friends.
Then people like you come along and remind us why we shouldn't do that.
What can you say? Some share the wealth, others the misery.

Location hidden

#54225 Apr 20, 2014
Another side note, this on the Vought Corsair.
Due to the unusually high rate of crashes on carrier decks, the Navy gave the plane to the Marines for ground based ops.
The same held true for those poor British pilots who tried to land it on their carriers. Problem was the long nose on the bird. The Brits came up with the solution of flying past, then circling around the ship to keep the deck in sight.When close enough the brought it around and dropped in.
Our Navy and marines adopted the method shortly afterwards.
Check out some vintage films.
Harrison Freebird

New Bern, NC

#54226 Apr 20, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
What can you say? Some share the wealth, others the misery.
Profound, profound I must say. Rotor will give you multiple good guy icons I'm sure.

again very profound
Shivar

Bucheon, Korea

#54228 Apr 20, 2014
Harrison Freebird wrote:
<quoted text>Profound, profound I must say. Rotor will give you multiple good guy icons I'm sure.
again very profound
Still trolling YOVP after all these years I see. Way to let go.

Location hidden

#54229 Apr 20, 2014
Harrison Freebird wrote:
<quoted text>Profound, profound I must say. Rotor will give you multiple good guy icons I'm sure.
again very profound
About what?

Location hidden

#54230 Apr 20, 2014
Harrison Freebird wrote:
again very profound
I prefer to share the wealth. Though not trained in psychiatry, I'd be willing to help you too.
Harrison Freebird

New Bern, NC

#54231 Apr 20, 2014
Shivar wrote:
<quoted text>
Still trolling YOVP after all these years I see. Way to let go.
Just think of me like the dog next door who has his favorite tree to pee on.......
Harrison Freebird

New Bern, NC

#54232 Apr 20, 2014
Harrison Freebird wrote:
<quoted text>It just makes me laugh how this particular Topix thread has its full share of maladjusted people who are easy targets. They usually get P'od and call me less than nice things when I just make comment as to what "they" have typed into cyber for any and all faceless people to see and read. Example:
Okimar.....brags about self pulling his own teeth... Carries a pistol in his boot, glove box in truck and his work lunch pail....favorite breakfast is pig brains and scrambled eggs.
Flower Child.....It got me banned for a time with Topix when I posted the truth about a few things I know first hand about her in RL. I had my just reasons for doing so.
Ruby88.....posts about her mental disorders and takes meds which are known to treat schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
I have a lot more I can and no doubt will say about those deserving my attention. Get use to me okay........
lets burp this up to the top
Harrison Freebird

New Bern, NC

#54233 Apr 20, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm on Zoxadon, Epitec and Wellbutrin
this one too
Harrison Freebird

New Bern, NC

#54234 Apr 20, 2014
Dale_Harris wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Ruby what meds are you on for your Bipolar. Not Cymgen or Cymbalta perhaps? Just wondered as we have the same condition.
.......birds of a feather flock together huh...

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#54235 Apr 21, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Clicked on it. took way to long to load. If I'm right, it's a R/C model
Correct

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#54236 Apr 21, 2014
Morning folks.
Boston Marathon today. 36,000 Boston Strong.
Nice day for it too. Gonna be pushing 70.
Hope everyone has a great week.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Vincit qui se vincit

#54237 Apr 21, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
or boyfriends ?
hi Ricky F :) F is still a mystery.
Hi Andet

Vincit qui se vincit

#54238 Apr 21, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Bud ... it is in the morning ... afternoon it's summer ... go figure ... I've yet to find Mr Gore to ask him, LOL ... Good day to you as well! Hearts ~ FC <3 ...
Hope you enjoyed Easter FC!

Vincit qui se vincit

#54239 Apr 21, 2014
Rotor Head wrote:
Morning folks.
Boston Marathon today. 36,000 Boston Strong.
Nice day for it too. Gonna be pushing 70.
Hope everyone has a great week.
How does that count compare to last years running? Is it more?

A little trivia, I used to run long distance and have run a marathon and several shorter roads races back in the day before I gave up running so much.

Vincit qui se vincit

#54240 Apr 21, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer to share the wealth. Though not trained in psychiatry, I'd be willing to help you too.
lol

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#54241 Apr 21, 2014
Good morning, all!! Did everyone survive Easter?

Some thoughts on the Bundy Ranch case....

The land Mr. Bundy grazes his cow herd upon, has been federal property since long before there even was a Nevada, or a New Mexico. Bundy's been earning a living on public land for over 20 years, and has consistently refused to pay his grazing fees. He admitted this, in Federal Court. He had every opportunity to pay up over those years, and he did not. He chose to try and circumvent the law. Ergo, he now owes the government, meaning the American people, a million dollars.

These are people that make millions of dollars grazing on taxpayer land, for a fraction of market lease rates. The entire Western United States produces less than 2% of the nation's beef supply--at a cost of billions a year in taxpayer subsidy, and irreparable harm to land that can not sustainably support any grazing, let alone overgrazing. This is why beef is so expensive. And we want to give Mr. Bundy a pass to continue freeloading off the rest of us, so he can continue to profit at our expense?(Well, some of us do.)

16,000 law abiding patriotic Americans pay their grazing fees for the right to use public land for private profits...One man doesn't . Who should we support?

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#54242 Apr 21, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
hi FC :) how have you been doing ? it's been a long time since the last time we talked.
Hi andet ... doing well and hope you are, too! Be well and stay happy! FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#54243 Apr 21, 2014
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Hope you enjoyed Easter FC!
Good morning, Ricky F ... I never seen so many plastic Easter eggs and so many scattered little children, Whew!... The big kids tried to sneak in there knowing there were quarters and 2 candies in each egg! Really? No, REALLY? LOL ... Hope your Easter holiday was cool, too!
Enjoy your day!

Hearts, hugs and hidden eggs ...

7767 ... hitting all 8's

“100% Princess”

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#54244 Apr 21, 2014
Good morning everyone. It's an absolutely gorgeous day here in the neighborhood. Been outside working on the blackberries this AM. Pruning, mulching and generally tending them so they will produce (hopefully) lots of jam this year.

<waves>
Enjoy the day....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Future of Politics in America 2 min It aint necessari... 199
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min True Truth 977,268
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 38 min Al Capone 3,385
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 58 min MUQ2 88,046
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr MUQ2 284,528
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr X Pendable 184,716
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr truth 665,278
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 1 hr Bongo 99
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 3 hr nanoanomaly 525
More from around the web