“100% Princess”

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#54215 Apr 19, 2014
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Not to mention he'd really do a dress an injustice......
LOL. He really would....

“100% Princess”

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#54216 Apr 19, 2014
Good morning all. It's an early day here. So I thought I'd check topix before getting to work.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#54218 Apr 19, 2014
Talking to oneself is fine. Answering oneself...now that's a problem...

Must be a lonely life if you find joy out of trolling threads. I pity you
Ha Ha Dix

Owatonna, MN

#54220 Apr 19, 2014
Harrison Freebird wrote:
Taking drugs for serious mental disorders is fine. Finding the need to tell all cyber about your mental disorders/meds....now that's a problem....
I pity you
People become friends here, they get comfortable, they let their hair down, and speak freely among friends.

Then people like you come along and remind us why we shouldn't do that.

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#54222 Apr 19, 2014
Off to work. Took an aspirin for my oncoming headache. Here's hoping it works as hard as I'm getting ready to....

*grin*

Ya'll have a goodn.

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#54223 Apr 20, 2014
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>I 5think the F6F was an updated/refined/improved F4F. Grumman made those,the P-47 was a Republic aircraft. They were produced(mainly)not far from where I now live. In South central Indiana somewhere. I'm thinking around Evansville or just North of there. Evansville was also a major ship yard for the LST. They have the last surviving LST on living display there. Operational. It was found in Greece,purchased,then sailed across the Atlantic then up the Ole Miss and Ohio to Evansville. There it underwent a refit that took a couple years. Thank God I ne ver had to sail on one of those. Tho we DID on LSD's before the advent of the new AmphibAssault vessels like the Tarawa. LSD's,LPD's,and LKA's were the backbone of the Amphib transports when I was in. LSD'sw were the worst. Flat bottomed,like the LST it rode rough when the seas got up.
The Wildcat, F4F was updated to the F4F-M2. A bit more power, better protection for the pilot and a tad more range.
After that the next upgrade became the Hellcat. The P&W R-2800 needed much more room so a whole plane was designed around it. Same motor as the Corsair and Thunderbolt. Not surprisingly you can find them in Mitchells too.
The next design off Grummans boards was the F8F Tigercat. Smaller than the F6F, with the same motor it was designed to be supeior to any piston plane around. It was of course better
and oddly enough in the up coming age of jets, it was better than most of those early ones.
From a standing start it could beast a F-104 to 10,000 feet!
Still with the worlds best cathouse, the F-9-F Panther came next, served in Korea, early
'Nam. There was of course the Sabre,fast, sexy too and more well known.
By the way, we got another one of those in last month. Hope to fly before fall.
And Happy Easter.

Location hidden

#54224 Apr 20, 2014
Ha Ha Dix wrote:
<quoted text>
People become friends here, they get comfortable, they let their hair down, and speak freely among friends.
Then people like you come along and remind us why we shouldn't do that.
What can you say? Some share the wealth, others the misery.

Location hidden

#54225 Apr 20, 2014
Another side note, this on the Vought Corsair.
Due to the unusually high rate of crashes on carrier decks, the Navy gave the plane to the Marines for ground based ops.
The same held true for those poor British pilots who tried to land it on their carriers. Problem was the long nose on the bird. The Brits came up with the solution of flying past, then circling around the ship to keep the deck in sight.When close enough the brought it around and dropped in.
Our Navy and marines adopted the method shortly afterwards.
Check out some vintage films.
Harrison Freebird

New Bern, NC

#54226 Apr 20, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
What can you say? Some share the wealth, others the misery.
Profound, profound I must say. Rotor will give you multiple good guy icons I'm sure.

again very profound
Shivar

Bucheon, Korea

#54228 Apr 20, 2014
Harrison Freebird wrote:
<quoted text>Profound, profound I must say. Rotor will give you multiple good guy icons I'm sure.
again very profound
Still trolling YOVP after all these years I see. Way to let go.

Location hidden

#54229 Apr 20, 2014
Harrison Freebird wrote:
<quoted text>Profound, profound I must say. Rotor will give you multiple good guy icons I'm sure.
again very profound
About what?

Location hidden

#54230 Apr 20, 2014
Harrison Freebird wrote:
again very profound
I prefer to share the wealth. Though not trained in psychiatry, I'd be willing to help you too.
Harrison Freebird

New Bern, NC

#54231 Apr 20, 2014
Shivar wrote:
<quoted text>
Still trolling YOVP after all these years I see. Way to let go.
Just think of me like the dog next door who has his favorite tree to pee on.......
Harrison Freebird

New Bern, NC

#54232 Apr 20, 2014
Harrison Freebird wrote:
<quoted text>It just makes me laugh how this particular Topix thread has its full share of maladjusted people who are easy targets. They usually get P'od and call me less than nice things when I just make comment as to what "they" have typed into cyber for any and all faceless people to see and read. Example:
Okimar.....brags about self pulling his own teeth... Carries a pistol in his boot, glove box in truck and his work lunch pail....favorite breakfast is pig brains and scrambled eggs.
Flower Child.....It got me banned for a time with Topix when I posted the truth about a few things I know first hand about her in RL. I had my just reasons for doing so.
Ruby88.....posts about her mental disorders and takes meds which are known to treat schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
I have a lot more I can and no doubt will say about those deserving my attention. Get use to me okay........
lets burp this up to the top
Harrison Freebird

New Bern, NC

#54233 Apr 20, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm on Zoxadon, Epitec and Wellbutrin
this one too
Harrison Freebird

New Bern, NC

#54234 Apr 20, 2014
Dale_Harris wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Ruby what meds are you on for your Bipolar. Not Cymgen or Cymbalta perhaps? Just wondered as we have the same condition.
.......birds of a feather flock together huh...

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#54235 Apr 21, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Clicked on it. took way to long to load. If I'm right, it's a R/C model
Correct

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#54236 Apr 21, 2014
Morning folks.
Boston Marathon today. 36,000 Boston Strong.
Nice day for it too. Gonna be pushing 70.
Hope everyone has a great week.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Vincit qui se vincit

#54237 Apr 21, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
or boyfriends ?
hi Ricky F :) F is still a mystery.
Hi Andet

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Vincit qui se vincit

#54238 Apr 21, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Bud ... it is in the morning ... afternoon it's summer ... go figure ... I've yet to find Mr Gore to ask him, LOL ... Good day to you as well! Hearts ~ FC <3 ...
Hope you enjoyed Easter FC!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Clearwater 830,605
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min oxbow 585,932
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min Mike duck it 99,278
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 9 min Paul is dead 1966 3,018
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 12 min TIM958 611,949
sex with 60 something year old women (Oct '10) 46 min Woodie54 10
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 55 min Mike duck it 5,836
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr lovewithin 40,230
More from around the web