Harrison Freebird

New Bern, NC

#54155 Apr 16, 2014
Ricky F wrote:
He'll be back
To read this blather right? This once robust thread had dozens of posters when it started as I do recall. Now look.......3........4.......bo ring at best lame posters go on and on and on and.........
Harrison Freebird

New Bern, NC

#54156 Apr 16, 2014
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>We really need to stop responding to that 'guy'. Perhaps if we ignore him, he'll go away, and find some other thread to fart on.
")
Hard if not impossible to ignore a gorilla setting right next to ya huh pal?

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#54157 Apr 16, 2014
Good morning friendlies

Hope you'll all have a wonderful day.

My day is definitely going to be great. We're all going home at 12 so that's cool.
Dale_Harris

Johannesburg, South Africa

#54158 Apr 16, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
Good morning friendlies
My day is definitely going to be great. We're all going home at 12 so that's cool.
Good Morning Ruby

Thank you I am sure today is going to be great.

You are lucky to be leaving the office at 12:00.

My boss said that I could leave the office early but he means late afternoon but I don't mind as long as I beat the traffic. Yay!

Any news regarding the "pain in the butt" who insults you? I was thinking about it last night. Some people have no idea about how to treat others!

Anyway have a great day and a great long weekend. It rained last evening at our house, quite hard and it was nice cold. Overcast today and it looks as if it may rain later on. Well I will not let that get me down, I have the long Easter weekend to look forward to.

Have a good one!
Dale_Harris

#54159 Apr 16, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm on Zoxadon, Epitec and Wellbutrin
Hey Ruby have you been Bipolar all your life or just when you reached your twenties? Ours runs in the family. Great pity!
Dale_Harris

#54160 Apr 16, 2014
Our internet is working but the Microsoft server is not. At least I was able to say Hey! to you Ruby.
Dale_Harris

#54161 Apr 16, 2014
Good Morning Shovelhead

Hope you have a great day today and that all is well with you .

Do you people also get the long weekend for Easter (4 days)? I know that your holidays are different to ours.
Dale_Harris

#54162 Apr 16, 2014
Hey Everyone

Wishing you all the great day! Enjoy

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#54163 Apr 17, 2014
Dale_Harris wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Ruby have you been Bipolar all your life or just when you reached your twenties? Ours runs in the family. Great pity!
I've had issues since childhood, but have been misdiagnosed every time I went to see a shrink. We left it there and I just continued to live my life. Then I had a bad episode back in 2010 and decided to go seek professional help. That's when I was diagnosed.
Dale_Harris wrote:
Our internet is working but the Microsoft server is not. At least I was able to say Hey! to you Ruby.
Glad you came to say hi. I'm already in weekend mode, and time is crawling, lol

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#54164 Apr 17, 2014
^^ Have to add, my grandmother died when I was about 2. We were very close and her death really got to me. The child psychologists we went to just said that her death is the cause for my moods.

I get really bad anger outbursts, and have been that way since I can remember. Then obviously the depressive episodes too. When I went to see a psychologist, and later a psychiatrist (as an adult), I didn't mention the part about my grandmother passing away when I was so young, to see if we can get to the bottom of it and well, that's when it all became clear. Did a test and was diagnosed...

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#54165 Apr 17, 2014
Oh and I've since switched to a different psychiatrist. The one I used to go to wasn't there for me when I really needed his help. I was very suicidal and only had his office number and cellphone number. It was after hours so my mom called him on his cellphone. He got upset that we phoned him on his personal number and that's when I decided to get someone else. I spent the night in hospital for observation, and then went to a mental hospital (Vista) for two weeks. I haven't had any bad episodes since, and that was about two years ago. So I'm very lucky and I guess my meds are working
Dale_Harris

#54166 Apr 17, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
Oh and I've since switched to a different psychiatrist. The one I used to go to wasn't there for me when I really needed his help. I was very suicidal and only had his office number and cellphone number. It was after hours so my mom called him on his cellphone. He got upset that we phoned him on his personal number and that's when I decided to get someone else. I spent the night in hospital for observation, and then went to a mental hospital (Vista) for two weeks. I haven't had any bad episodes since, and that was about two years ago. So I'm very lucky and I guess my meds are working
Hey Ruby - what you are telling me makes perfect sense. I was diagnosed after experiencing a death. After the testing I was diagnosed with Border line bipolar and found that one of my parents was bipolar. If you have a parent it then becomes a heredity "thing". I have a niece that it has affected as well. Does not affect all the offspring, it just random. As long as it is kept in check and you have regular appointments with the Professionals then it "behaves" itself. It sounds as if you had a hard time of it until finding the right professional and medication. You seem to be well onto the road of "living a normal life".

I queried with my Professional if there is a chance that I may be able to "wean" myself off the medication and his reply was "not a chance, you are on for the duration". So whatever I do I have to find the dosh to pay every month. I do not have medical aid, per say, only a hospital plan, so I fork out the dosh every month. I have quietly, without telling anybody, tried to "wean" myself and I have to tell you it is impossible. So one day when I am old and ready to retire, I will have to have a re-think about it all. Mind you the medication makes life worth living in the meantime and you can live a life making rational decisions.

You go girl, you doing great!
Dale_Harris

#54167 Apr 17, 2014
Hey Ruby, I am in weekend mode already. Leaving late afternoon like 4:00 is slowly creeping to 3:00. Ha ha ha! My boss said I could leave early and never said what time so I shall leave between 3:00 and 3:30 and go to the Chemist and collect my chronic meds then I don't have to worry for another month.
If we don't speak again before the weekend Ruby, have a great Easter with your Mum and whoever else is your close family. Eating Hot Cross Buns on Sunday morning is the best with melting butter right out from the toaster. Yum! Cannot wait. Enjoy my friend and I want to thank you for chatting to me on this thread. Very kind of you.

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#54168 Apr 17, 2014
Ricky F wrote:
Thanks Ricky. The Spits are cool, but boy do I wish we had a P-38!

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#54169 Apr 17, 2014
Drive by wave...
Hope all are well.
Hugs (to the ladies)

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#54170 Apr 17, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Ricky. The Spits are cool, but boy do I wish we had a P-38!
Morning Ed, Shovel, Ruby, Hites and FC!

I thought you might enjoy that ed!

Hey Rotor!!
Harrison Freebird

New Bern, NC

#54171 Apr 17, 2014
Dale_Harris wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Ruby - what you are telling me makes perfect sense. I was diagnosed after experiencing a death. After the testing I was diagnosed with Border line bipolar and found that one of my parents was bipolar. If you have a parent it then becomes a heredity "thing". I have a niece that it has affected as well. Does not affect all the offspring, it just random. As long as it is kept in check and you have regular appointments with the Professionals then it "behaves" itself. It sounds as if you had a hard time of it until finding the right professional and medication. You seem to be well onto the road of "living a normal life".
I queried with my Professional if there is a chance that I may be able to "wean" myself off the medication and his reply was "not a chance, you are on for the duration". So whatever I do I have to find the dosh to pay every month. I do not have medical aid, per say, only a hospital plan, so I fork out the dosh every month. I have quietly, without telling anybody, tried to "wean" myself and I have to tell you it is impossible. So one day when I am old and ready to retire, I will have to have a re-think about it all. Mind you the medication makes life worth living in the meantime and you can live a life making rational decisions.
You go girl, you doing great!
Clear to see this thread has become a gathering place for the challenged. Rotor started it with all his problems, ailments and general bad luck in the journey of life tails of blather........carry on all ye that are clearly maladjusted and in the need to chat about their mental issues here in cyberspace..........

“100% Princess”

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#54172 Apr 17, 2014
Good morning all. It's Thursday--or Friday in some cases, especially mine--as I don't work on Good Friday. Well, I work, it's just not my job, but my other job---lol.

Anyway, hope you guys have a wonderful day. It's great weather here, and the next 7 days are looking spectacular.

<waves>

“100% Princess”

and totally harmless

#54173 Apr 17, 2014
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Morning Ed, Shovel, Ruby, Hites and FC!
I thought you might enjoy that ed!
Hey Rotor!!
Hi there Ricky. How's things in the great state of Texas?

“100% Princess”

and totally harmless

#54174 Apr 17, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
Good morning friendlies
Hi Ruby, that is a good day. Enjoy your holiday weekend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 4 min RiccardoFire 4,085
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Buck Crick 837,048
Mark Fuhrman PLANTED the glove @ Simpson's estate 8 min Doctor REALITY 21
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min Black-Widow 176,763
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 12 min kaitryn 343
REAL Contemporary Instrumental Music!! 28 min pusherman_ 33
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 28 min RiccardoFire 40,447
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 31 min truth 589,391
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Freebird USA 271,265
More from around the web