ye olde village pub

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#54037 Apr 10, 2014
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently, I misunderstood your assertion. If not Herr Hitler, to whom were you referring?
I like Ike....but he wasn't a leader in Germany in '33....*wink*
Agree it would be nice to see a united United States again - but as you say, NOT for the purpose of war, or as a result of religious fanaticism.
Sorry to flaunt my ignorance, but who, or what, is a 'J O'?
To any one with the oratory ability to unite for a common goal.
J O = jerk off

Location hidden

#54038 Apr 10, 2014
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Glad you can see humor in that....I find it very sad.
Had we been paying attention, and making good choices, we wouldn't be in this mess. But it's unlikely at this point, what with the expansion of Executive Power, and other things, that any President in future will decline to avail him/herself of all of it. Whomever it is, will likely want even more.
Our Constitution gives us such promise as a nation, but we're generally a lazy lot, and we more or less refuse to exercise or further it. Unfortunately, the large majority of Americans take our liberties for granted, and shirk our civic responsibilities. We groan about how much we pay in taxes, we don't register, much less vote, we avoid jury duty whenever possible, we value profit over conservation, we're horrible polluters, and we're far more interested in the frolicking of the famous than with what our purported Leaders are getting up to.
And these days, when our employers have the 'right' to run our lives, we're also cowards. Because we're afraid we'll lose our jobs, we stay at home in our 'free time' and bitch, rather than marching en masse as long as it takes, to demand our Congress and Chief Executive be held to the same standards that we ourselves are, and that they represent US rather than their lobbyist buddies.
We're the only ones with the incentive to make that happen - it won't, unless we fight for it.
and some would say that that is PRO-UNION rabble. Personal rights, what?

Location hidden

#54039 Apr 10, 2014
Remember the original Roller ball?
Look at politics, then look at sports.
Look for a difference.
Well okay, we don't get replays to correct errors

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#54040 Apr 10, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
and some would say that that is PRO-UNION rabble. Personal rights, what?
I consider the personal right to combine forces with each other, toward a common goal, inalienable, Ed.

")

Location hidden

#54042 Apr 10, 2014
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>I consider the personal right to combine forces with each other, toward a common goal, inalienable, Ed.
")
I do too. Some however wish to impose their ideology on all of us.
Which is why I consider myself a Libertarian. Do what thou whilst shall be the whole of the law.
Just don't piss in anybodys cereal along the way. If you don't like it don't do it. Let them if they chose.
Dale_Harris

Johannesburg, South Africa

#54043 Apr 10, 2014
Good Morning Everyone

Hope you all had a great day/evening.

Today the sun is shining and it is not too chilly for April. By May we will be into winter so better get the winter woolies out of storage!!!

Have a good one everyone.

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#54045 Apr 10, 2014
Dale_Harris wrote:
Do you have DSTV Ruby? I got the "el cheapo" bouquet and it gets TLC and I watch Long Island Medium. She is very good and I enjoy it so much. I wish I could meet someone like that who would give me messages from "the other side". Let me know if you watch it and if not, you need to watch just 2 episodes and you will be hooked.
Yes, we have DSTV. I've seen Long Island Medium before, but don't really follow it religiously. I'm more a fan of programs like Storage Wars, American Pickers, Counting Cars and American Restoration. You know, the History channel (Ch. 186). I also like to watch Come Dine With Me on channel 174, and then of course our soaps, Villa Rosa and Binnelanders on Kyknet. I sometimes watch animal planet and discovery too. Oh and Sony max. But my mom looks after my niece in the afternoons, and she's always watching "her programs" on Disney Junior and the other cartoon channels. So I can only watch "my programs" after my sister came to pick her up, which is anywhere from 17:30. And they usually hang around till about 6pm before heading home so I have to be patient and wait my turn, lol.

Good morning friendlies

Friday has arrived! Hope you'll all have a splendid day and a superb weekend
Dale_Harris

#54046 Apr 10, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we have DSTV. I've seen Long Island Medium before, but don't really follow it religiously. I'm more a fan of programs like Storage Wars, American Pickers, Counting Cars and American Restoration. You know, the History channel (Ch. 186). I also like to watch Come Dine With Me on channel 174, and then of course our soaps, Villa Rosa and Binnelanders on Kyknet. I sometimes watch animal planet and discovery too. Oh and Sony max. But my mom looks after my niece in the afternoons, and she's always watching "her programs" on Disney Junior and the other cartoon channels. So I can only watch "my programs" after my sister came to pick her up, which is anywhere from 17:30. And they usually hang around till about 6pm before heading home so I have to be patient and wait my turn, lol.

Hope you had a good evening.
I love Come Dine with me but unfortunately I do not get that on the bouquet that I have. I used to have the full DSTV but it got a bit expensive so I went without cable for 3 years and only just got this bouquet from January this year. I used to love the soapy Eastenders. I think it was on Channel 180. Anyway my son pays for the full DSTV for the month of December so that we can see the Christmas and new year shows, which is a real treat. Christmas/New year would not be Christmas/New Year if we did not get to see the Royal Variety Show on old years eve.

I like the Afrikaans soapies but my Afrikaans is not that good and I tend to miss a lot as I am trying to keep up and understand all the time. So ......... I love Sky News but I also do not get that. I get the BBC News which at least keeps you informed of what is going on in the world. I have CBS and they have crime which is nice for a change.

What have you got planned for this weekend? I will just potter around at home and relax. Looking forward to it.

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#54047 Apr 11, 2014
Dale_Harris wrote:
Hey Ruby
Hope you had a good evening.
I love Come Dine with me but unfortunately I do not get that on the bouquet that I have. I used to have the full DSTV but it got a bit expensive so I went without cable for 3 years and only just got this bouquet from January this year.
I had a great evening thank you. Hope you also had a good evening, and got some sleep
Dale_Harris wrote:
I like the Afrikaans soapies but my Afrikaans is not that good and I tend to miss a lot as I am trying to keep up and understand all the time. So ......... I love Sky News but I also do not get that. I get the BBC News which at least keeps you informed of what is going on in the world. I have CBS and they have crime which is nice for a change. What have you got planned for this weekend? I will just potter around at home and relax. Looking forward to it.
Binnelanders has subtitles, so it won't be too hard to follow it.

I don't really watch the news, but I do listen to the radio during the day so I'm kept up to date more or less.

Are you following the Oscar trial? I think he's going to jail. No matter what happened that night, he's guilty of murder, even if it wasn't intentional.

We think he and Reeva had a fight and she ran to the bathroom and locked to door to get away from him. And then he shot her through the door. But I don't think he'll admit what exactly happened, so it'll remain a mystery. He has a history of being "trigger happy" so I don't think he'll get away with this. His career is basically ruined. I wonder how his new girlfriend feels about all of this?
Dale_Harris

#54048 Apr 11, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a great evening thank you. Hope you also had a good evening, and got some sleep
<quoted text>
Binnelanders has subtitles, so it won't be too hard to follow it.
I don't really watch the news, but I do listen to the radio during the day so I'm kept up to date more or less.
Are you following the Oscar trial? I think he's going to jail. No matter what happened that night, he's guilty of murder, even if it wasn't intentional.
We think he and Reeva had a fight and she ran to the bathroom and locked to door to get away from him. And then he shot her through the door. But I don't think he'll admit what exactly happened, so it'll remain a mystery. He has a history of being "trigger happy" so I don't think he'll get away with this. His career is basically ruined. I wonder how his new girlfriend feels about all of this?
Ruby I have never watched Binnelanders. I will give it a try. What channel is it on?

Oscar is making a right royal idiot of himself in the trial. Over the point of dramatic (I think his lawyers may have told him to do that). Anyway whoever's idea it was, it is just too much.
I think he grew up with a lot of money Ruby. I have read bits and pieces about him and both he and his brother Carl, have been in trouble before. I think that he is or was very spoilt and money can get you out of a lot of sh*t, but I think this time, it is not going to work. I think he will go to jail, be it months or years, but he is not going to have a good time in there. He has a very good lawyer. My friend worked for him , and he is excellent. They may come with a story to try and get him out of jail like he is suffering from stress and going phsyco. They will always think of something.

The Steenkamps will not be happy if he walks. Anyway we just wait to see what happens hey! Reeva is dead, he killed her whether on purpose or an accident.

They seem to have found where the aircraft went down. They are receiving two pulses. We wait and see as well.

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#54049 Apr 11, 2014
Dale_Harris wrote:
Ruby I have never watched Binnelanders. I will give it a try. What channel is it on?
It's on Kyknet (channel 144) at 18:30 on weekdays. Repeats at 23:00

Weekday mornings @ 08:30; Saturday mornings @ 11:30

At least as far as I know. Lol
Dale_Harris wrote:
The Steenkamps will not be happy if he walks. Anyway we just wait to see what happens hey! Reeva is dead, he killed her whether on purpose or an accident.
Dale_Harris wrote:
They seem to have found where the aircraft went down. They are receiving two pulses. We wait and see as well.

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#54050 Apr 11, 2014
OOPS! Forgot to respond to the last two parts, lol
Dale_Harris wrote:
Yip, he's guilty of murder either way. I don't think he'll get away with it
Dale_Harris wrote:
That's good

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#54051 Apr 11, 2014
A soldier ran up to a nun. Out of breath he asked, "Please may I hide under your skirt? I'll explain later"

The nun agreed. A moment later two Military Police officers ran up and asked, "Sister, have you seen a soldier?"

The nun replied, "He went that way"

After the Military Police officers ran off, the soldier crawled out from under her skirt and said, "I can't thank you enough Sister. You see, I don't want to go to Iraq."

The nun said, "I understand completely"

The soldier added, "I hope I'm not rude, but you have a great pair of legs!"

The nun replied, "If you had looked a little higher, you would have seen a great pair of balls... I don't want to go to Iraq either."
Dale_Harris

#54052 Apr 11, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
A soldier ran up to a nun. Out of breath he asked, "Please may I hide under your skirt? I'll explain later"
The nun agreed. A moment later two Military Police officers ran up and asked, "Sister, have you seen a soldier?"
The nun replied, "He went that way"
After the Military Police officers ran off, the soldier crawled out from under her skirt and said, "I can't thank you enough Sister. You see, I don't want to go to Iraq."
The nun said, "I understand completely"
The soldier added, "I hope I'm not rude, but you have a great pair of legs!"
The nun replied, "If you had looked a little higher, you would have seen a great pair of balls... I don't want to go to Iraq either."
Ha ha ha LOL. This is lovely.
Dale_Harris

#54053 Apr 11, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's on Kyknet (channel 144) at 18:30 on weekdays. Repeats at 23:00
Weekday mornings @ 08:30; Saturday mornings @ 11:30
At least as far as I know. Lol
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Hey Ruby thanks so much. I can take a look tomorrow. I am not home in time to watch 18:30 weekdays.
Dale_Harris

#54054 Apr 11, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
OOPS! Forgot to respond to the last two parts, lol
<quoted text>
Yip, he's guilty of murder either way. I don't think he'll get away with it
<quoted text>
That's good
Ja Ruby, I think he is very much guilty and he is fabricating a story around it. Almost as he goes along. That guy Nel, the prosecutor I think he is, is known as the Pit Bull and he does not suffer fools gladly. He takes Oscar's words and twists them and then shouts at Oscar, "is'nt that what you mean"? That is when Oscar does his "collapsing trick" and has to have his brow mopped by people in the court. I think you are right and he is going to see his azz this time around. I feel for him because he is still young and is disabled but you cannot just go around shooting people. I think that the two of them had one humdinger of a fight and things got out of control and tempers flared. I don't think he will have a good time in the clink. He is used to the best in life and jail is not on his list of preferred places to stay.

If I don't speak to you again today have an awesome weekend. Relax or whatever you are going to do and enjoy yourself. Perhaps you will go and see your "boy"?

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#54055 Apr 11, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
I do too. Some however wish to impose their ideology on all of us.
Which is why I consider myself a Libertarian. Do what thou whilst shall be the whole of the law.
Just don't piss in anybodys cereal along the way. If you don't like it don't do it. Let them if they chose.
Isn't it odd, then, that corporate cereal pissing, by those corporations which do what they wouldst to the detriment of everybody else, seems to be something our current crop of libertarians is in favor of?

I'm free to travel the highways of America for pleasure and the pursuit....but if I toss a lit cig out the car window, I'm responsible for the resulting brushfire.(So I never EVER toss them out the window. I'm a field stripper, and user of self-contained ashtrays.) I'm all for freedom - but I believe it carries responsibilities. if you're going to pollute a river to make a profit, you should be responsible for cleaning it up.

(I'm the tree-hugger you were warned about.)

Really grinds my gears when the so-called 'conservative' faction of government wants corporations to be absolved of the personal responsibility we carry as individuals....and then refer to said corporations as 'people'.

")

Location hidden

#54056 Apr 11, 2014
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't it odd, then, that corporate cereal pissing, by those corporations which do what they wouldst to the detriment of everybody else, seems to be something our current crop of libertarians is in favor of?
I'm free to travel the highways of America for pleasure and the pursuit....but if I toss a lit cig out the car window, I'm responsible for the resulting brushfire.(So I never EVER toss them out the window. I'm a field stripper, and user of self-contained ashtrays.) I'm all for freedom - but I believe it carries responsibilities. if you're going to pollute a river to make a profit, you should be responsible for cleaning it up.
(I'm the tree-hugger you were warned about.)
Really grinds my gears when the so-called 'conservative' faction of government wants corporations to be absolved of the personal responsibility we carry as individuals....and then refer to said corporations as 'people'.
")
Science types and eco-friendly people are always run roughshod by big business.Nothing 'liberal' about that.

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#54057 Apr 12, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Science types and eco-friendly people are always run roughshod by big business.Nothing 'liberal' about that.
Doesn't make it right.........

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#54058 Apr 12, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Up until the raw food part I was with you. I really hate sushi. why the hell would anyone eat bait?
I have started a fire with sticks, pain the the butt but it works.
Whilst on the subject of food. Never having eaten any, what is the best MRE? We need a few weeks of easy to make/eat while underway.
I'd recommend 'Wise Foods' rather than MRE's myself....more flavor....but of course, one must add potable water, so that's a consideration. As for the MREs themselves, I'm rather fond of the ham and cheese casserole with potatoes, but the beef stew is execrable. JMO.

")

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min The Hangman 974,094
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Buck Crick 65,200
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min Pegasus 281,988
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 32 min ImFree2Choose 2,614
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 50 min truth 654,713
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr MUQ2 45,319
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr MUQ2 523
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 2 hr j4snowyfox69 47
More from around the web