ye olde village pub
Dale_Harris

Johannesburg, South Africa

#53996 Apr 8, 2014
shovelhead72 wrote:
Still in pursuit.........
Good morning, all.(yes, it's still morning here, by 9 minutes....)
")
Morning Shovelhead72

I am waiting to see how long it takes for you to get that "happiness" then I will go in my own pursuit. I could do with some "happiness" as well. Nice change!

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#53997 Apr 8, 2014
Good morning friendlies

HAPPY HUMP DAY!!!

Inching closer to the weekend, lol.

Have a good one
Dale_Harris

#53998 Apr 8, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. God has a special plan for each and every one of us. And things happen like He wants it to, and happens when and where He has planned for us. We just have to have faith and trust Him. I now understand why Dun was taken from us. Because God had something better for me (Spartan). At the time it hurt like crazy and I didn't understand why it happened but looking back now, it all makes sense. So yeah, I agree with you and your grandmother on that one.
Hope you'll also have a great evening, thanks :) Speak soon
Morning Ruby

Yes you are right. We cannot make things happen our way, we have to let him do it for us and he knows best, I reckon. Not at the time but afterwards when you think it all through, then you see how he worked things out.

It looks that they might have found where the aircraft is. Today the batteries run out so that will be the end of that and they will all be on their own trying to find the aircraft in that huge ocean without knowing where the black box is. Whew I wish them all luck. Ruby I feel so desperately sorry for the relatives of the people on board. They must have had a really sh*tty month wondering where the aircraft is. Also they need to get closure on this event before they can move on with their lives. So sad!

Have a great Wednesday and I will pop back in a bit later.

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#53999 Apr 8, 2014
Dale_Harris wrote:
It looks that they might have found where the aircraft is. Today the batteries run out so that will be the end of that and they will all be on their own trying to find the aircraft in that huge ocean without knowing where the black box is. Whew I wish them all luck. Ruby I feel so desperately sorry for the relatives of the people on board. They must have had a really sh*tty month wondering where the aircraft is. Also they need to get closure on this event before they can move on with their lives. So sad!
Have a great Wednesday and I will pop back in a bit later.
I hope they find it in time. Like you said, the relatives need to get closure

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#54000 Apr 9, 2014
Dale_Harris

#54002 Apr 9, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
Good morning friendlies
HAPPY HUMP DAY!!!
Inching closer to the weekend, lol.
Have a good one
Afternoon Ruby, we are into the final stretch of Hump day then we only have the final straight run to Friday. It cannot come soon enough for me. I did not sleep again last night. I get into bed totally knackered, and I fall asleep and I wake up with a fright 30 minutes later and I am then wide awake. Go and watch TV for 10 minutes, back to bed for it all to happen again. Eventually it was after 2:30 when I put the light out for the last time. I think I need to speak to the Doc as I spend the day yawning and trying to keep my eyes open.

Mind you when I get home I am pretty much busy with the cooking, washing and the kids homework which they do not seem able to do in the afternoons because of all the sport events they "have to attend". I read them the riot act last night and said if they do not start to do the homework earlier in the afternoon, they will be grounded so I guess I shall see when I get home tonight. Ruby I get home at about 6:45/7;00, cook dinner and bugger around with homework. No wonder I do not sleep at night. Grrrrrr.........

Now that I have gotten that off my chest I hope you have a great afternoon and evening and we shall speak tomorrow.
Dale_Harris

#54003 Apr 9, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope they find it in time. Like you said, the relatives need to get closure
Hey Ruby, they have picked up another lots of "pings" so they are saying they are int he right area. Today is one month and the batteries in the black box cease to work any time now. Geeze I hope that they find it and can determine what happened. There are so many rumours going around. My boss said that Aliens took it and another guy said that terrorists took it and will use it to launch another terror attack. It goes round and round - everyone needs clarification on this crash. No one has claimed responsibility for its disappearance and I am with the Australians on this one that it is under the ocean. Something very weird happened on that flight.

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#54004 Apr 9, 2014
hick_up wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting ...
Patriots require a common cause to rally around. What might that cause be?
Just curious, not makin a thing here. I've traveled the US extensively for the past 24 yrs ...visited all 48 contiguous States numerous times ...talked to a bazillion people. What say you?
My first question is; how would one pry the American people away from their entertainment long enough to prioritize issues, discuss the issues, and develop a consensus agreeable to the majority?
Sounds scary to me.
To 'pry the American people away from [our] entertainment', would be pretty simple, really - a couple of good EMP's would do the trick - but of course, then we'd be stumbling around in the streets, gripping our hair, and moaning that the computer, the TV, and the video games didn't work anymore, rather than collectively attempting to prioritize, discuss, and form a consensus about the 'issues'.....such as how to get the power back on.

As for the pursuit, I'll have to leave that up to you - I find it in the small joys, allowed to each of us, which many dismiss in favor of complaint about what we lack, or what we think we 'want'.

Happiness takes work.
")

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#54005 Apr 9, 2014
shovelhead72 wrote:
Somebody bought it, too....how could he not? It was his dad's legacy.
http://www.rockabillyhall.com/RockinJohnHenry...
Dude had marijuana growing down the entire length of the footpath to the river.
Cabin's gone now......patch is still there.
*happy dance*
LOL ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#54006 Apr 9, 2014
Good morning everyone ... Have a lovely day! FC <3 ...

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#54007 Apr 9, 2014
Dale_Harris wrote:
I think I need to speak to the Doc as I spend the day yawning and trying to keep my eyes open.
I think that's a good idea
Dale_Harris wrote:
I get home at about 6:45/7;00, cook dinner and bugger around with homework. No wonder I do not sleep at night. Grrrrrr.........
Now that I have gotten that off my chest I hope you have a great afternoon and evening and we shall speak tomorrow.
All that running around certainly plays a role in your tiredness

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#54008 Apr 9, 2014
hick_up wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting ...
Patriots require a common cause to rally around. What might that cause be?
Just curious, not makin a thing here. I've traveled the US extensively for the past 24 yrs ...visited all 48 contiguous States numerous times ...talked to a bazillion people. What say you?
My first question is; how would one pry the American people away from their entertainment long enough to prioritize issues, discuss the issues, and develop a consensus agreeable to the majority?
Sounds scary to me.
No, not scary. Stupid. As in stupid is as stupid does. when you're more interested in 'secret lives...' or some car freak, or duck calling fanatics that's what you get.
A nation of idiots, and worse they happen to be dangerous too. Look at the moron from Az.
"We need a big stick ..." Right.
If America quit pissing in everybody elses' cereal, life here would be much better.

Location hidden

#54009 Apr 9, 2014
I sick of all the pop ups too. Do you know that there are no personal freedoms in America? You have no right to privacy. All your information is sold to anyone without your knowledge, for profit.
Google wants to down load all books into their system. What about the authors rights? The courts say 'Fine,'F' the writers. It's progress!!
Since all is wrought anyway ..
We need a guy like Germany had in 1933.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#54010 Apr 9, 2014
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>To 'pry the American people away from [our] entertainment', would be pretty simple, really - a couple of good EMP's would do the trick - but of course, then we'd be stumbling around in the streets, gripping our hair, and moaning that the computer, the TV, and the video games didn't work anymore, rather than collectively attempting to prioritize, discuss, and form a consensus about the 'issues'.....such as how to get the power back on.
As for the pursuit, I'll have to leave that up to you - I find it in the small joys, allowed to each of us, which many dismiss in favor of complaint about what we lack, or what we think we 'want'.
Happiness takes work.
")
Ummmm,EMPs affect ALL things electronic..... IF not shielded. Cars,from the late 60s on up would not start. Buses,trains,many forms of modern transportation would be dead on the road. radio,and as you said the other forms of electronics,would be silent. Might NOT be too bad a thing at that. Of course the grid would be fried so there goes those curly-que,pigtailed new fangled light bulbs.(I still keep candles and oil lamps for emergencies.) Got an electric stove or microwave? Fuggetabout it. LOL Shoot.... We'd be right where the tree huggers want us(US) then. Living in the dark and eating raw foods. Ummmm.......Ummmm.......UMMMMM MMMM!!!

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#54011 Apr 9, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
I sick of all the pop ups too. Do you know that there are no personal freedoms in America? You have no right to privacy. All your information is sold to anyone without your knowledge, for profit.
Google wants to down load all books into their system. What about the authors rights? The courts say 'Fine,'F' the writers. It's progress!!
Since all is wrought anyway ..
We need a guy like Germany had in 1933.
Russia has one.... Maybe we can borrow him for a while. Obviously the guy we got ain't worth pizzing on if he was on fire. This is what happens when we "elect" a person who spent his formative years living OUTSIDE the US. No real ties grounded in American culture.

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#54012 Apr 9, 2014
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Russia has one.... Maybe we can borrow him for a while. Obviously the guy we got ain't worth pizzing on if he was on fire. This is what happens when we "elect" a person who spent his formative years living OUTSIDE the US. No real ties grounded in American culture.
Good grief - first Ed says we need another Hitler, and now you say we need a Putin in charge?

What's wrong with you people?

Location hidden

#54013 Apr 9, 2014
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Good grief - first Ed says we need another Hitler, and now you say we need a Putin in charge?
What's wrong with you people?
"Somebody like ..." I only mention the one year. From 1929 and up to 1937, mostly good was done in Germany. Thank them for the interstate highway system (And Ike too, he liked what he saw there) Volkswagen., or people wagon in English, space exploration.
To bring a nation together for a common cause. NOT religious fanaticism or war. The J O's we have now did enough damage to our image in the world.
Eisenhower warned the people about the growth of the industrial military machine as he left office. We see how right he was. Corporate government little different from Stalin.
No education in our schools, personal greed, the 'me' generation.
I wonder if my grand kids will see a green earth, breathe clean air or drink anything but bottled water.

Location hidden

#54014 Apr 9, 2014
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Ummmm,EMPs affect ALL things electronic..... IF not shielded. Cars,from the late 60s on up would not start. Buses,trains,many forms of modern transportation would be dead on the road. radio,and as you said the other forms of electronics,would be silent. Might NOT be too bad a thing at that. Of course the grid would be fried so there goes those curly-que,pigtailed new fangled light bulbs.(I still keep candles and oil lamps for emergencies.) Got an electric stove or microwave? Fuggetabout it. LOL Shoot.... We'd be right where the tree huggers want us(US) then. Living in the dark and eating raw foods. Ummmm.......Ummmm.......UMMMMM MMMM!!!
Up until the raw food part I was with you. I really hate sushi. why the hell would anyone eat bait?
I have started a fire with sticks, pain the the butt but it works.
Whilst on the subject of food. Never having eaten any, what is the best MRE? We need a few weeks of easy to make/eat while underway.
Dale_Harris

#54015 Apr 9, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that's a good idea
<quoted text>
All that running around certainly plays a role in your tiredness
Morning Ruby

It worked. All the homework was done only had to sign in the book that I had seen it. I don't expect it will last forever but we shall see.........

I was in a rebel mood last night so fed everyone (and the dogs) and sat down and ate Avo on Toast for dinner at 9:00pm. Can you believe LOL Anyways it was delicious.

I have been meaning to ask you, what type of work do you do Ruby? I like the hours that you work. So convenient for traffic etc you must get home before the peak traffic starts!

Well have a great day and enjoy! Speak later
Dale_Harris

#54016 Apr 9, 2014
Good Morning Everyone, Hope your day or evening goes really well and that you a good one!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 11 min Buck Crick 37,614
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Catholic24 641,132
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 14 min Paul is dead 4,053
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 18 min MUQ2 44,273
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 30 min hopelost 618,329
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 32 min USA-1 38,323
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 41 min hopelost 3,607
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Anna 104,612
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Aussie Kev 969,859
More from around the web