ye olde village pub

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#53976 Apr 7, 2014
Dale_Harris wrote:
I have a rescue Maltese and he is lovely except he walks under my feet all the time. Anyway I have trodden on him twice and been bitten by him twice for my efforts. I had to have stitches the last time he bit open my foot . Anyway I keep clear of him now so he hangs out with one of the kids. My little one is a Scotts Terrier and she is so naughty. She is still very young but she chews everything plastic You cannot leave plastic stuff around otherwise she chews it to pieces. She ate my son's ID document as it had a plastic cover. She is the limit but a really little love.
Oh well what can I say. When animals enter the picture my heart goes flutter-bye. So I know how you feel about your "boy" horse.
Have a great afternoon and evening. Hopefully speak to you tomorrow.
Ouch! Sounds like he really got you good. Yeah, puppies are the best. But it's just to get them past that chewing stage. MOST outgrow it by the time they're 2. MOST, not ALL. Lol.

Rescue pets are the best! It's just like they are that much more grateful to get a second chance. I had two "rescue" cats. One of them was a very light ginger male kitten. Found him at work. There are feral cats living on the property in the stores. Anyway, I began feeding this kitten every day. He then began to come to my office in the morning, stay there the whole day and I'd take him outside in the afternoon when I left. I quickly grew attached to this adorable kitten, and decided to bring him home. Unfortunately he barely made it past his 2nd birthday. He got leukemia, and had to be put down.

A few months later, I had another opportunity to rehome an abandoned kitten (a litter of kittens were dumped with their mother, at the place where I keep my horse). She was a charcoal kitten and the last one who still needed a home. And so she came home with me. But she suffered the same fate. She also got leukemia, and had to be put down.

But before I got the charcoal kitten, I had a rescue dog. Got her from the SPCA. She is a staffie-cross. Was around 8 months old when I adopted her. But she caused out two boerboels to start fighting and I had to rehome her. The dogs kept fighting and it just kept getting worse, so we had to rehome one of them too.

I will gladly rescue another animal (but only once I have my own place).

I'm just as passionate about animals as you. ALL animals. Lol

Oh ja, I had a little lamb once too. I think I was about 16 at the time. The lamb never came home to us but it was given to me by my boyfriend at the time, but stayed on their property. Of course when we broke up, he kept the lamb. But at least I "owned" one before, haha.

“100% Princess”

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#53977 Apr 7, 2014
hick_up wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes ...
forgotten ...
today's a new day!
That's good. I'd have for it to be a used day, or hand-me-down day, or a thrift store bargain day--those are the worst.

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#53978 Apr 7, 2014
Good morning friendlies

Hope everyone will have a wonderful Tuesday. One more day closer to the weekend! Lol

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#53979 Apr 7, 2014
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Hiya Ruby.... Didya ever see a river rise 20 feet in a 24 hour period?LOL
Yes.

http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php...

My mom's cabin.

I guess 3rd time's the charm....she sold that sumbitch.

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#53980 Apr 7, 2014

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#53981 Apr 7, 2014
Somebody bought it, too....how could he not? It was his dad's legacy.

http://www.rockabillyhall.com/RockinJohnHenry...

Dude had marijuana growing down the entire length of the footpath to the river.

Cabin's gone now......patch is still there.

*happy dance*

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#53982 Apr 7, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
I need to leave this country.
No.

The country needs patriots.

Stay, fight, win.

*double hugs*
Dale_Harris

Roodepoort, South Africa

#53983 Apr 8, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ouch! Sounds like he really got you good. Yeah, puppies are the best. But it's just to get them past that chewing stage. MOST outgrow it by the time they're 2. MOST, not ALL. Lol.
Rescue pets are the best! It's just like they are that much more grateful to get a second chance. I had two "rescue" cats. One of them was a very light ginger male kitten. Found him at work. There are feral cats living on the property in the stores. Anyway, I began feeding this kitten every day. He then began to come to my office in the morning, stay there the whole day and I'd take him outside in the afternoon when I left. I quickly grew attached to this adorable kitten, and decided to bring him home. Unfortunately he barely made it past his 2nd birthday. He got leukemia, and had to be put down.
A few months later, I had another opportunity to rehome an abandoned kitten (a litter of kittens were dumped with their mother, at the place where I keep my horse). She was a charcoal kitten and the last one who still needed a home. And so she came home with me. But she suffered the same fate. She also got leukemia, and had to be put down.
But before I got the charcoal kitten, I had a rescue dog. Got her from the SPCA. She is a staffie-cross. Was around 8 months old when I adopted her. But she caused out two boerboels to start fighting and I had to rehome her. The dogs kept fighting and it just kept getting worse, so we had to rehome one of them too.
I will gladly rescue another animal (but only once I have my own place).
I'm just as passionate about animals as you. ALL animals. Lol
Oh ja, I had a little lamb once too. I think I was about 16 at the time. The lamb never came home to us but it was given to me by my boyfriend at the time, but stayed on their property. Of course when we broke up, he kept the lamb. But at least I "owned" one before, haha.
Hey Ruby

Sounds like you have had a time of it with your animals. But I reckon that rescue dogs are the best dogs, they are so happy that someone loves them. My Maltese was left in an empty house (after the people moved away and left him locked inside the house with a bowl of water and some doggy food).Some people heard him barking and whining and phoned the SPCA and they came and fetched him. To this day he hates going in a car and cries his little heart out. Poor thing! I suppose he remembers what happened to him. Anyway he has settled down okay just the biting is a bit much.

Well Ruby you are lucky to have gotten a lamb. I believe they are very gentle creatures. I have always wanted a pot bellied pig. Apparently they make lovely pets. You have enough problems getting the housing complexes to allow dogs and cats, never mind pot bellied pigs. I think I would be pushing my luck somewhat, if I brought a pig along to live with me. Anyway maybe one day I will have my very own free standing house and I can have a pot bellied pig if I still feel the same way.

Well Ruby won't you miss your "boy" if you sell him? I believe to keep a horse and feed it and all that jazz, costs a lot of money every month. Mind you if you are not riding him then there doesn't seem to be a point in keeping him!

I am still following the rescue of flight EH370 on Sky News and things seem to be getting done now. A bit late as the "black box" is scheduled to stop sending "pings" within the next few days. Perhaps the families of those poor passengers came get some closure if they find the plane.

Well I better get some work done. I feel decidedly NAFI today. I have not had a good nights sleep for about 2 weeks and it is getting to me now.

Have a great day.
Dale_Harris

Johannesburg, South Africa

#53984 Apr 8, 2014
Good Morning Everyone

Hoping that you all have a lovely day.

Sun shining and a gale force wind starting up so who knows how long the sunshine will last. The weather has gone crazy worldwide.

I had no sleep again last night and I tossed and turned like you would not believe. I am getting fed up now with this not sleeping.
Have a good one!

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#53985 Apr 8, 2014
Dale_Harris wrote:
Well Ruby you are lucky to have gotten a lamb. I believe they are very gentle creatures. I have always wanted a pot bellied pig. Apparently they make lovely pets. You have enough problems getting the housing complexes to allow dogs and cats, never mind pot bellied pigs. I think I would be pushing my luck somewhat, if I brought a pig along to live with me. Anyway maybe one day I will have my very own free standing house and I can have a pot bellied pig if I still feel the same way.
Yes, they are adorable. One of my aunts had a hand-reared ewe, she was potty trained and allowed in the house and everything, just like a dog. Can't remember what happened to her, but she was very sweet and cuddly.
Dale_Harris wrote:
My Maltese was left in an empty house (after the people moved away and left him locked inside the house with a bowl of water and some doggy food).Some people heard him barking and whining and phoned the SPCA and they came and fetched him. To this day he hates going in a car and cries his little heart out. Poor thing! I suppose he remembers what happened to him. Anyway he has settled down okay just the biting is a bit much.
That is so sad :( He's very lucky to have gotten a good home. I'm sure he's eternally grateful, even if he doesn't always show it, lol
Dale_Harris wrote:
Well Ruby won't you miss your "boy" if you sell him? I believe to keep a horse and feed it and all that jazz, costs a lot of money every month. Mind you if you are not riding him then there doesn't seem to be a point in keeping him!
Yes, I will miss him terribly. I just know it. I'm getting emotional just thinking about it. So I don't think I'll sell him. He deserves a stable (no pun intended), forever home. I don't mind paying for his keep, even if I don't ride. It never was just about riding to me. I've always wanted my own horse. My mom of course thinks it was just a phase and now I'm growing tired of him. That's not true. I'll never grow tired of him, till the day he dies. I don't think I'll get another horse when he passes away though. Well, maybe in the distant future but not at this stage. And I still have him around so it's all good. The love for horses is just so intense. I never thought I'd feel this way about another horse again. There was this one horse named Dun (which, ironically, was also his colour - "beige" with black mane and tail). He was a riding school horse (the property where I keep my horse is both a riding school establishment and a stabling yard). I fell in love with Dun, always rode him whenever I had the chance. But he was tragically hit by a vehicle, and died. I remember how I cried about it. And I still get teary-eyed when I think about it. And the saddest part is, I wanted to buy him for myself. But he passed away before I came close to it. Everybody called him my horse though, since I loved him so much, lol. I never thought I'd love another horse again, then along came my boy. His name is Spartan by the way, lol. Well, I guess things work out the way they're supposed to. And I'm happy.

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#53986 Apr 8, 2014

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#53987 Apr 8, 2014
I'm exercising my Constitutional right to the pursuit of happiness....

(ain't that about a bitch....)

*grin*
Dale_Harris

#53988 Apr 8, 2014
shovelhead72 wrote:
I'm exercising my Constitutional right to the pursuit of happiness....
(ain't that about a bitch....)
*grin*
Oh well, that is nice. I am pleased for you. Let me know if it happens hey!

My hair is sticking out in every direction today and I am feeling tired. Never slept and tossed and turned all night and woke up looking like I had a huge SHOCK and my hair is standing up on end. So I do not feel like my normal happy self at all. If I can go to end of the business day, then I can just go home and chill out and HOPEFULLY get some sleep. People say you are worried about something when you do not sleep. Well it is now two weeks that this is going on and I have no idea what I could be worried about. And I am not going to worry about it as it will just make matters worse. So life goes on ..........

Let me know about your pursuit of happiness.
Dale_Harris

#53989 Apr 8, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they are adorable. One of my aunts had a hand-reared ewe, she was potty trained and allowed in the house and everything, just like a dog. Can't remember what happened to her, but she was very sweet and cuddly.
<quoted text>
That is so sad :( He's very lucky to have gotten a good home. I'm sure he's eternally grateful, even if he doesn't always show it, lol
<quoted text>
Yes, I will miss him terribly. I just know it. I'm getting emotional just thinking about it. So I don't think I'll sell him. He deserves a stable (no pun intended), forever home. I don't mind paying for his keep, even if I don't ride. It never was just about riding to me. I've always wanted my own horse. My mom of course thinks it was just a phase and now I'm growing tired of him. That's not true. I'll never grow tired of him, till the day he dies. I don't think I'll get another horse when he passes away though. Well, maybe in the distant future but not at this stage. And I still have him around so it's all good. The love for horses is just so intense. I never thought I'd feel this way about another horse again. There was this one horse named Dun (which, ironically, was also his colour - "beige" with black mane and tail). He was a riding school horse (the property where I keep my horse is both a riding school establishment and a stabling yard). I fell in love with Dun, always rode him whenever I had the chance. But he was tragically hit by a vehicle, and died. I remember how I cried about it. And I still get teary-eyed when I think about it. And the saddest part is, I wanted to buy him for myself. But he passed away before I came close to it. Everybody called him my horse though, since I loved him so much, lol. I never thought I'd love another horse again, then along came my boy. His name is Spartan by the way, lol. Well, I guess things work out the way they're supposed to. And I'm happy.
Ruby, what a shame about Dun but it would have been worse if you had paid for him and all and then that happened. Like a freak accident hey! Well you got Spartan and he is a lovely looking horse so yes, things do have a way of working out like they are supposed to.

I learnt that in life, even when you are going through the worst of circumstances, things have a way of sorting themselves out (call it what you like.(I call it God). I think he steps in and decides the way that things should go and makes it work out that way. My grandmother always used to say that you cannot change something when God has decided otherwise. And she was right. You have to just go along with the way things are playing out and it usually works out just fine.

Just listen to me. Blah blah blah I better do some work. Have a great evening. Speak later or tomorrow.

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#53990 Apr 8, 2014
Dale_Harris wrote:
things do have a way of working out like they are supposed to.
I learnt that in life, even when you are going through the worst of circumstances, things have a way of sorting themselves out (call it what you like.(I call it God). I think he steps in and decides the way that things should go and makes it work out that way. My grandmother always used to say that you cannot change something when God has decided otherwise. And she was right. You have to just go along with the way things are playing out and it usually works out just fine.
Just listen to me. Blah blah blah I better do some work. Have a great evening. Speak later or tomorrow.
I agree. God has a special plan for each and every one of us. And things happen like He wants it to, and happens when and where He has planned for us. We just have to have faith and trust Him. I now understand why Dun was taken from us. Because God had something better for me (Spartan). At the time it hurt like crazy and I didn't understand why it happened but looking back now, it all makes sense. So yeah, I agree with you and your grandmother on that one.

Hope you'll also have a great evening, thanks :) Speak soon

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#53991 Apr 8, 2014
Still in pursuit.........

Good morning, all.(yes, it's still morning here, by 9 minutes....)

")

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#53992 Apr 8, 2014
Want to make God laugh?
Tell him your plans.

BAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#53993 Apr 8, 2014
hey

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#53994 Apr 8, 2014
shovelhead72 wrote:
Want to make God laugh?
Tell him your plans.
BAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
persuit is one thing, capture quite another.
When I think of what kind of humor god would have, I think of Sam Kinison.
5,000 of you show up and not one thought to bring a sandwich? Let me get it?
What am I? Jesus the miracle caterer?

“Man I Love Fishin”

Since: Sep 13

Palm Bay, FL

#53995 Apr 8, 2014
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>No.
The country needs patriots.
Stay, fight, win.
*double hugs*
Interesting ...
Patriots require a common cause to rally around. What might that cause be?

Just curious, not makin a thing here. I've traveled the US extensively for the past 24 yrs ...visited all 48 contiguous States numerous times ...talked to a bazillion people. What say you?

My first question is; how would one pry the American people away from their entertainment long enough to prioritize issues, discuss the issues, and develop a consensus agreeable to the majority?

Sounds scary to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr Trumps Gray Bar M... 46,585
Skype sex? (Feb '15) 3 hr willthis23 24
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 3 hr Exposing Devil Lies 421
Is Steve Harvey's 'Family Fued' racially biased?? (Oct '13) 6 hr debi0117 12
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 hr Gabriel 990,687
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 hr immaculatejaculate 692,026
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 11 hr el rey de los cam... 8,528
More from around the web