ye olde village pub

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#53809 Mar 21, 2014
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Your snowball zigged when it should have zagged.... We have a 40% chance of snow this coming Wednesday.... Thanx Rotor.
I have picked up a beautiful S&W Model 1917 in .45 acp (uses 1/2 moon clips) made in 1918 that just takes the cake. It came with the most God ugly faux staghorn grips from the 50's that hurt like h3ll to shoot with. I dumped those and put on a set of Pachmeyers then GAVE the staghorns to the gunshop owner and told her to sell them for $5.00 to someone she didn't like.... LOL They weren't there a week later. I pity the fool.....
Funny that. I always preferred functional over decorative myself. Also why I would never, ever bring a Pigeon grade Greener into the duck blind.

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#53810 Mar 22, 2014
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Your snowball zigged when it should have zagged.... We have a 40% chance of snow this coming Wednesday.... Thanx Rotor.
I have picked up a beautiful S&W Model 1917 in .45 acp (uses 1/2 moon clips) made in 1918 that just takes the cake. It came with the most God ugly faux staghorn grips from the 50's that hurt like h3ll to shoot with. I dumped those and put on a set of Pachmeyers then GAVE the staghorns to the gunshop owner and told her to sell them for $5.00 to someone she didn't like.... LOL They weren't there a week later. I pity the fool.....
Well that was brilliant! Congrats on the new, and very nice, firepower.

:")

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#53811 Mar 22, 2014
hick_up wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, and thanks for the heads-up. I'll get the broom and follow along & sweep the droppings under the Biedermeier.
Did you get to see your horse?
LOL nice

No I didn't see him yet. I'm hoping to be able to go tomorrow. I simply have to. It's been far too long and he deserves better :(

backspace

United States

#53812 Mar 23, 2014
whu?.
shhhh

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#53813 Mar 24, 2014
Good afternoon friendlies!

Saw my horse yesterday. It was awesome! Got a little sunburnt but it was sooo worth it. I thought I'd spoil him a bit and give him some sweet potato instead of carrots and apples and he didn't want to eat it. I know he likes butternut too but this is the first time he's refused to eat sweet potato. Oh well, the other horses enjoyed it, lol. Next time I'll know to stick to the "tried and tested" and give him carrots and apples instead... Horse kids...*eyeroll* Lol

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#53814 Mar 24, 2014
Morning folks.
Nice, but very cold here, 8 degrees...-10 tonight. Snow Wed.
Yea spring!
The fish are starving I can hear em calling....

“freeZe tHe h0rneTs”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#53815 Mar 24, 2014

“Hello Trump”

Since: Jan 07

Goodby Hillary

#53816 Mar 24, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny that. I always preferred functional over decorative myself. Also why I would never, ever bring a Pigeon grade Greener into the duck blind.
The 1917 is very functional as well as asthetically appealing. And you just can't beat the caliber. It makes a fine companion to the 1911A1. Using the same ammo cuts down on the reloading too.

“Hello Trump”

Since: Jan 07

Goodby Hillary

#53817 Mar 24, 2014
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Well that was brilliant! Congrats on the new, and very nice, firepower.
:")
Thanks. Its in pretty good shape for a WW I pistol. Lockup is fairly tight,bore is decent and tho obviously refinished at one time it isn't beat up.

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#53818 Mar 24, 2014
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks. Its in pretty good shape for a WW I pistol. Lockup is fairly tight,bore is decent and tho obviously refinished at one time it isn't beat up.
Hubby would love that. Been looking for a Dad's Day present with my son, and something of that nature would be perfect. But of course, they're not just lying around like nuts on the ground, are they...

:(

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#53819 Mar 24, 2014
Good morning friendlies

Wishing you all a fabulous Tuesday

On another note: My car's speedometer and odometer decided to stop working. It's kinda hard to judge my speed but so far I haven't gotten a speeding fine so it's not too bad. Was pulled over just for a random check for license on Sunday on my way to the stable yard. The metro cop (traffic cop) told me my car's left brake light isn't working. I was lucky that he didn't fine me for it. What I don't get is, it's a pretty new globe... And just the other day I replaced the right one. It just feels like I keep having bad luck with my car. I'm getting tired of this. Hopefully when it's fixed now it won't give me any further problems...HOPEFULLY...

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#53820 Mar 25, 2014
Morning all.
Finally managed to catch a cold.
Thought I was going to get away with not dealing with one this year.
Oh well.......

Location hidden

#53821 Mar 25, 2014
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>The 1917 is very functional as well as asthetically appealing. And you just can't beat the caliber. It makes a fine companion to the 1911A1. Using the same ammo cuts down on the reloading too.
I had a M-29 and a Marlin 336 in the same too. Damn nice combo for the bush of Idaho

Location hidden

#53822 Mar 25, 2014
Rotor Head wrote:
Morning folks.
Nice, but very cold here, 8 degrees...-10 tonight. Snow Wed.
Yea spring!
The fish are starving I can hear em calling....
All things relative, 67 today, 48 tonight. For me that's cold.
Fish? Down here they eat tourists, plenty of food. They took one yesterday off Cocoa.
Harrison Freebird

New Bern, NC

#53823 Mar 25, 2014
Rotor Head wrote:
Morning all.
Oh well.......
Is hypochondriac spelled with or without a t ?

BTW I really feel your pain wimpy boy

“Man I Love Fishin”

Since: Sep 13

Palm Bay, FL

#53824 Mar 25, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
All things relative, 67 today, 48 tonight. For me that's cold.
Fish? Down here they eat tourists, plenty of food. They took one yesterday off Cocoa.
I wish they'd eat them all.
What happened in Cocoa?

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#53825 Mar 25, 2014
Rotor Head wrote:
Morning all.
Oh well.......
Hope you get well soon!

“Man I Love Fishin”

Palm Bay, FL

#53826 Mar 25, 2014
Harrison Freebird wrote:
<quoted text>Is hypochondriac spelled with or without a t ?
BTW I really feel your pain wimpy boy
PC Rambo ...
I'm sure we're all equally impressed ...I know I am.
Harrison Freebird

New Bern, NC

#53827 Mar 25, 2014
hick_up wrote:
<quoted text>
PC Rambo ...
I'm sure we're all equally impressed ...I know I am.
I 100% understand how and why you are, hear it quite often.
Wonder if Rotors school he has talked about for years now might offer a class in ways to "Man Up"........just curious

“Man I Love Fishin”

Palm Bay, FL

#53828 Mar 25, 2014
Harrison Freebird wrote:
<quoted text>I 100% understand how and why you are, hear it quite often.
Wonder if Rotors school he has talked about for years now might offer a class in ways to "Man Up"........just curious
Well, if that is what you want; why don't you just call the school? Ask for admissions, they can probably get you squared away. Remember ...it's the journey! Godspeed lad ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
____ TRUMP 100% in the spirit of ANTICHRIST ____ (Mar '16) 5 min Poster Child for ... 22
Skype gay sex (Dec '14) 21 min c840xba 32
___TRUMP Already Met & Deceived by ANTICHRIST___ 26 min Poster Child for ... 2
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr EditorAtLarge 52,748
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr T TigerWoods 992,270
shuh up meathead! 3 hr Doctor REALITY 7
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr PadMark 693,440
More from around the web