ye olde village pub
Dale_Harris

Johannesburg, South Africa

#53767 Mar 19, 2014
Rotor Head wrote:
Good morning everyone.
Not a happy camper as far as school goes.
What is the matter that is making you "not a happy camper"?
Dale_Harris

#53768 Mar 19, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
The sun comes through the clouds every now and then. There are patches of blue sky here and there, but at this stage it's hard to tell if it'll rain or not
I emailed our HR department to enquire about my leave credit. Haven't heard back from them yet. But if I'll have enough leave then I'll take tomorrow off. I'm saving my leave for April. Going to put in leave for the 22nd April to 2nd of May. With all those holidays inbetween, including 1st of May, I need 7 days. Hopefully I'll have enough days to take tomorrow off aswell. Or else I'll just come to work, it's not the end of the world. But would be nice
I been meaning to ask you Ruby. Are you keeping up with the Oscar Pistorius trial.?
I think he is in deep trouble this time around.

“Colorful Beyond Words”

Since: May 11

"Always On The Go "

#53769 Mar 19, 2014
Dale_Harris wrote:
<quoted text>I been meaning to ask you Ruby. Are you keeping up with the Oscar Pistorius trial.?
I think he is in deep trouble this time around.
Hey Dale.

I've been watching a good portion of it and I sway one way and then I hear other testimony And sway back the other. My gut tells me a bizarre freak incident.
Dale_Harris

#53770 Mar 19, 2014
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Dale.
I've been watching a good portion of it and I sway one way and then I hear other testimony And sway back the other. My gut tells me a bizarre freak incident.
Hey Hatti

Yes that is what I am going through as well. My gut feeling is that it was not intentional and something happened or went terrible wrong. But this young man has a history with guns. Not that he shot any one before, just shot out of the sunroof of a car and once in a restaurant. I think he is irresponsible but not a murderer. Also I keep thinking of him being at a disadvantage with no legs and if it were an intruder his only defense would have been the gun. I don't know ........ I really feel badly for him. Freak incident yes!

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#53771 Mar 19, 2014
I don't follow the Oscar trial by choice. I happen to hear new developments/updates on the radio. I'm kinda getting sick of hearing Oscar this, Oscar that. I think he's guilty. Why would he keep shooting after she screamed? But we think Barry Roux will find a way to keep his ass out of jail one way or another. Perhaps it was just a freak accident, nobody knows for certain. Only time will tell what the final verdict is...
Harrison Freebird

New Bern, NC

#53772 Mar 19, 2014
Rotor Head wrote:
Good morning everyone.
Not a happy camper as far as school goes.
Do you honestly think anyone here in 'cyber' actually gives 2 chits about a older guy still going to school year after year and telling his woes is me crap on a childish make believe cyber bar. Big ole "L" stamped in the middle of your forehead spanky.

“Man I Love Fishin”

Since: Sep 13

Palm Bay, FL

#53773 Mar 19, 2014
Hmmm ....a p!ss-ant.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#53774 Mar 19, 2014
Dale_Harris wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Hatti
Yes that is what I am going through as well. My gut feeling is that it was not intentional and something happened or went terrible wrong. But this young man has a history with guns. Not that he shot any one before, just shot out of the sunroof of a car and once in a restaurant. I think he is irresponsible but not a murderer. Also I keep thinking of him being at a disadvantage with no legs and if it were an intruder his only defense would have been the gun. I don't know ........ I really feel badly for him. Freak incident yes!
How did he lose his legs? I am not sure I ever heard.

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#53775 Mar 19, 2014
Harrison Freebird wrote:
<quoted text>Do you honestly think anyone here in 'cyber' actually gives 2 chits about a older guy still going to school year after year and telling his woes is me crap on a childish make believe cyber bar. Big ole "L" stamped in the middle of your forehead spanky.
You did at one time HF.
Say Hi to Bren for me.
Harrison Freebird

New Bern, NC

#53776 Mar 19, 2014
Rotor Head wrote:
<quoted text>You did at one time HF.
Say Hi to Bren for me.
7 years ago Topix was fairly new and you were as I recall the first "cyber bar" type thread. I in 07' started Magoo's and soon after Grace came out with Dirty Nellies of which all had their day in the sun for a time.
Things can and do change Rotor, your thread here is like comparing an old Motorola "brick" cell phone to what now you can pack in your shirt pocket..........do I really care who's neighbors dog took a cyber krap in Suzie Q's front lawn and likewise do I find interest in reading grown folks ordering cyber drinks.

BTW Brenda and I haven't discussed anything to do with Topix for several years now.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#53777 Mar 19, 2014
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
Good Morning all :)
Happy Hump Day .
So do you thing Spring has sprung yet? I get a glance of it every now and then but ... the cold comes back!
Dogwwod winter..... It'll be cold,off and on until the Dogwoods bloom. Just in time for the Spring rainy season.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Dump American Eagle

#53778 Mar 19, 2014
Dale_Harris wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Ruby I shall be hoping that your HR department give you good news.
I went out at lunch time and the sun is nice and warm if you can find a little nook to stand in, but standing on the pavement waiting for the robot, it was really cold, that wind!!! Anyway must not complain I wanted "sun" and now I have it.:)
The winter is on its way Ruby. The nights and the mornings are quite chilly and cold. I do not like winter at all. I like to have the sunshine on my shoulders.
I hope everyone else is keeping warm. From what I hear the USA has had really ice cold weather - like artic weather. Brrrrrr
Youn heard right.... It's been a pisscutter of a winter here. many small snow events with two large ice/snow ones. Worst one since.....the late 70's I think they said. Out rainy season starts next month. If winter was any indication it could get rather wet. Beware the flooding rivers and creeks. Sandbags available at your local disaster center.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Dump American Eagle

#53779 Mar 19, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand he was born without them.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Dump American Eagle

#53780 Mar 19, 2014
Rotor Head wrote:
<quoted text>You did at one time HF.
Say Hi to Bren for me.
Rumor has it she left his abusive drunk azz.... You'll notice he ain't in Vegas any longer. After a year or so hiatus from topix he decides to return and troll all his old friends. Bitter lil feller.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Dump American Eagle

#53781 Mar 19, 2014
Harrison Freebird wrote:
<quoted text>7 years ago Topix was fairly new and you were as I recall the first "cyber bar" type thread. I in 07' started Magoo's and soon after Grace came out with Dirty Nellies of which all had their day in the sun for a time.
Things can and do change Rotor, your thread here is like comparing an old Motorola "brick" cell phone to what now you can pack in your shirt pocket..........do I really care who's neighbors dog took a cyber krap in Suzie Q's front lawn and likewise do I find interest in reading grown folks ordering cyber drinks.
BTW Brenda and I haven't discussed anything to do with Topix for several years now.
Why the animosity Harrison? Why return and troll those who used to like you? You were a pretty nice guy until you went Gaga on folks. I understand "things change" Sometimes not for the better,but thats no a reason to become vitriolic towards others on here.

Thats all I have to say to you. In the future,good luck safe passage thru life,and hope things get better for you. If Bren is still around.... Tell her I said howdy.

Bye.

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#53782 Mar 19, 2014
Harrison Freebird wrote:
<quoted text>7 years ago Topix was fairly new and you were as I recall the first "cyber bar" type thread. I in 07' started Magoo's and soon after Grace came out with Dirty Nellies of which all had their day in the sun for a time.
Nobody here's got handcuffs on you. If you're tired of Topix, get the hell on with your life then....what are you still doing here?

Sheeesh.
Harrison Freebird

New Bern, NC

#53783 Mar 19, 2014
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Why the animosity Harrison? Why return and troll those who used to like you? You were a pretty nice guy until you went Gaga on folks. I understand "things change" Sometimes not for the better,but thats no a reason to become vitriolic towards others on here.
Thats all I have to say to you. In the future,good luck safe passage thru life,and hope things get better for you. If Bren is still around.... Tell her I said howdy.
Bye.
Never in my life have I explained to someone who I have zero respect for why/how/when/where or what anything I do.

re read the above comment as many times necessary until you understand
Dale_Harris

#53784 Mar 19, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning PEllen

He was born without "something" in his legs so both legs were amputated. I don't know the name for it. Sorry.
Dale_Harris

#53785 Mar 19, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
I don't follow the Oscar trial by choice. I happen to hear new developments/updates on the radio. I'm kinda getting sick of hearing Oscar this, Oscar that. I think he's guilty. Why would he keep shooting after she screamed? But we think Barry Roux will find a way to keep his ass out of jail one way or another. Perhaps it was just a freak accident, nobody knows for certain. Only time will tell what the final verdict is...
Hey Ruby,

Yes I know the feeling. The news does everything to make people follow the story. I thought if I cannot beat them, I shall join them. I am with you on Barry Roux. He is an excellent criminal lawyer and knows his stuff. Quite the boffin. A friend of mine worked for his firm. She says he is amasing.

Ruby the sun is shining and it is going to be a wonderful day. I just know it. YIPPEE!!!!!

I hope you got that extra day off from HR. Loooooong weekend. Have a great day
Dale_Harris

#53786 Mar 19, 2014
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Youn heard right.... It's been a pisscutter of a winter here. many small snow events with two large ice/snow ones. Worst one since.....the late 70's I think they said. Out rainy season starts next month. If winter was any indication it could get rather wet. Beware the flooding rivers and creeks. Sandbags available at your local disaster center.
The weather worldwide seems to have gone crazy. The UK has had HUGE flooding as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min RoSesz 603,237
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min USaWORLDWARMONGERER 272,851
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 15 min WasteWater 7,998
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 42 min Doctor Justice_ 878,409
Ruthlessly GREEDY New Yorkers earned 9-11 48 min WasteWater 6
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr BenAdam 3,821
Weeniez, testicals, panites, dresses, make-up..... 1 hr BenAdam 6
More from around the web