ye olde village pub

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#53649 Mar 11, 2014
Morning Dale, the day is flying by rather quickly. Oh, and I heard that it'll rain like this at least until Thursday *headdesk*

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#53650 Mar 11, 2014
And morning to everyone else too

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#53651 Mar 11, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
http://www.boredpanda.com/funn y-chinese-translation-fails/
LMAO!

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#53652 Mar 11, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
And morning to everyone else too
Good morning folks.

By Thursday midday, 6-12" with locally higher amounts is expected from the northern Lakes Region and points north with 3-6" elsewhere, except 1-3" of snow from Manchester to points south and east to the coast.

Snow will be heavy and wet and winds will become gusty tomorrow night into Thursday, so in areas that pick up over 6-8", power outages will be possible.
Oh joy.........

“ON TRAIL W / DONKEY!”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#53653 Mar 11, 2014
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Feliz Navidad, Voyeur...AND DONKEY, TOO.
Love,
Shove
")
Thanks you Shovelhead!
Dale_Harris

Polokwane, South Africa

#53654 Mar 11, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
Morning Dale, the day is flying by rather quickly. Oh, and I heard that it'll rain like this at least until Thursday *headdesk*
Hello Ruby - THURSDAY you say. I may have moss growing up my legs by then. This rain is unending it goes on and on and on and on just like "Little England". What happened to "sunny SA". It's gone.

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#53655 Mar 11, 2014
Dale_Harris wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Ruby - THURSDAY you say. I may have moss growing up my legs by then. This rain is unending it goes on and on and on and on just like "Little England". What happened to "sunny SA". It's gone.
You're telling me. We will soon need to kayak our way to and from work XD

The sunny part is there somewhere, but it's playing hide-and-seek with us
Dale_Harris

Polokwane, South Africa

#53656 Mar 11, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're telling me. We will soon need to kayak our way to and from work XD
The sunny part is there somewhere, but it's playing hide-and-seek with us
Ruby that is funny. Imagine what the taxi-kayaks will look like!!!!

Are you from Jhb Ruby? And if so, are you affected traffic wise by the e-Toll highways? Everyone I know that used to take the highway is now taking the "back roads" with the result you cannot move on the un-tolled roads. I guess that leaving home at 5:30 to reach the office by 7:30 and you only have 30 kilometres to travel is not really good huh!

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#53657 Mar 11, 2014
Dale_Harris wrote:
<quoted text>
Ed, I think they thought we would accept their explanation of the "coal is wet". They credit us with the brain matter as them but that is not so ........ We ask questions. As I say
Oh Joy Africa!
I don't know ... Tarzan seemed to have fun, even BEFORE he met Jane.

Location hidden

#53658 Mar 11, 2014
Ungooowaaah!!!

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#53659 Mar 11, 2014
Dale_Harris wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you from Jhb Ruby? And if so, are you affected traffic wise by the e-Toll highways? Everyone I know that used to take the highway is now taking the "back roads" with the result you cannot move on the un-tolled roads. I guess that leaving home at 5:30 to reach the office by 7:30 and you only have 30 kilometres to travel is not really good huh!
30 kliks works out to something like 18 miles..... Two hours to go 18 MILES? Thats like what....9-10 MPH. WTF?

Location hidden

#53660 Mar 11, 2014
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>30 kliks works out to something like 18 miles..... Two hours to go 18 MILES? Thats like what....9-10 MPH. WTF?
LOL, must be really, really bad roads, eh?
WTF, what tittelating fun?

Location hidden

#53661 Mar 11, 2014
Now here's an excuse for ya ....
The cops bust up a drug house during a raid.nothing wrong with that right?
So they enter the house yelling at a guy to "Freeze m f, put the gun down.."
He doesn't, they shoot. Can't blame them right? I would too.
Defense says "Whoa!! He couldn't hear the cops because the music was to loud."
Just who the hell did he think they were? Look outside, see flashing lights.
See a lot of men in uniform. Duh uh.

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#53662 Mar 11, 2014
Ed, the guy was deaf, asleep, and 50 feet from the only gun in the house. His hearing aids were in his pocket. 4 Sheriffs, a SWAT team, and couple local ATF boys woke him during the service of a no-knock warrant. He fumbled for his hearing aid, and they shot him a total of 27 times, 12 of which were in his back. Tore the place apart looking for weapons, found ONE, in a locked locker.

No charges filed.

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#53663 Mar 11, 2014
Dale_Harris wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm in Centurion. I don't travel highways at all. I don't like highways. I work 25km from home, and the roads I use are quiet to and from work. I start work at 7, and I travel before the major traffic starts, and I work till 15:30, and also travel before the 5pm traffic starts. I'm lucky in that regard

Re the taxi kayaks: Yeah, they will be severely overloaded and will stop anywhere they wish, disrupting everyone behind them... Lol

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#53664 Mar 11, 2014
Good morning friendlies

Still no sign of the rain stopping anytime soon. I'm thinking we will have another rainy weekend this week too... Sucks but what can ya do? Not allowed to complain about the weather, be it cool and rainy or hot and sunny, it's all a blessing. Our swimming pool is almost overflowing from all this rain, we had to backwash it to get the levels down a bit

We're seriously considering investing in a rain tank. Will work wonders in watering the garden during hot weather.

Winter's also fast approaching, I just hope we get at least a couple of sunny days before it starts, I'm not ready for the cold yet...

Have a nice day everybody!*Hugs all 'round*
Dale_Harris

Polokwane, South Africa

#53665 Mar 11, 2014
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>30 kliks works out to something like 18 miles..... Two hours to go 18 MILES? Thats like what....9-10 MPH. WTF?
Yeah that is right. You sit bumper to bumper until you reach your destination. I left extra early today and got to work in under 40 minutes. So leaving at 5:15am is a winner. Depends which way you look at it I suppose ???????... Not everyone wants to get up so early.
Dale_Harris

Polokwane, South Africa

#53666 Mar 11, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm in Centurion. I don't travel highways at all. I don't like highways. I work 25km from home, and the roads I use are quiet to and from work. I start work at 7, and I travel before the major traffic starts, and I work till 15:30, and also travel before the 5pm traffic starts. I'm lucky in that regard
Re the taxi kayaks: Yeah, they will be severely overloaded and will stop anywhere they wish, disrupting everyone behind them... Lol
Morning Ruby
Sounds like the ideal situation to be in not having to tackle the traffic. Your working hours sound great. I work very early in the day but I do have to face the rat-race when I leave the office at 5:00am. Traffic deluxe....... But going home is very different to getting to work..... more relaxed.

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#53667 Mar 12, 2014
Dale_Harris wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah that is right. You sit bumper to bumper until you reach your destination. I left extra early today and got to work in under 40 minutes. So leaving at 5:15am is a winner. Depends which way you look at it I suppose ???????... Not everyone wants to get up so early.
Wow, that's crazy! But I guess you gotta do what you gotta do to get to work on time...
Dale_Harris wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Ruby
Sounds like the ideal situation to be in not having to tackle the traffic. Your working hours sound great. I work very early in the day but I do have to face the rat-race when I leave the office at 5:00am. Traffic deluxe....... But going home is very different to getting to work..... more relaxed.
Yeah, I work awesome hours. I can count the times I sat in traffic on one hand.

The latest I've arrived at the office was 08:10. That was on one of the days they were transporting Madiba's body to the union building. Metro police stopped traffic and I saw the hearse drive by. Fortunately I have a very understanding boss, and I just let him know I'm going to be late. That was a crazy couple of days
Dale_Harris

Polokwane, South Africa

#53668 Mar 12, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, that's crazy! But I guess you gotta do what you gotta do to get to work on time...
<quoted text>
Yeah, I work awesome hours. I can count the times I sat in traffic on one hand.
The latest I've arrived at the office was 08:10. That was on one of the days they were transporting Madiba's body to the union building. Metro police stopped traffic and I saw the hearse drive by. Fortunately I have a very understanding boss, and I just let him know I'm going to be late. That was a crazy couple of days
Ruby you are right. You have to do what you have to do to get to work.

You sound as if you have arrived in heaven with your job and your boss being so understanding. Yeah I remember the day Madiba's body was transported to Pretoria. The roads/traffic were in a right state. Something like what e-Toll has done to us but on a permanent basis. I want to go ape sh*t when I see what e-Toll have done. If the name e-Toll is mentioned the hair on my neck rises and I am ready for war. LOL

I have sunshine,
On a cloudy day

The sun is trying to come out amongst the clouds. Let's hope so ........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min onemale 284,481
Ladies, do u wear minis to get touched up or pu... (Nov '12) 16 min 53Brian 96
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 21 min Truthiness 19
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 32 min Bongo 87,903
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 32 min Truthiness 448
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Lyndi 184,668
Dirty k,.k 2 hr Spank594 7
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 5 hr gundee123 1,226
More from around the web